Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attila the Hun-is he Asian or Indo-European?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attila the Hun-is he Asian or Indo-European?
    Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:13
Originally posted by erci

Originally posted by minchickie

Why even ask? Just say that this is Turkish too. LOL

No! Who draw that was a crazy delusional Hungarian man like yourself who came to conclusion that he is a Turkic by

"Tsebemden kok alman van"

LOLLOL
LOL
I am a girl. By the way, what language is this ???
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:13

Good. Then we can finally agree on something. Smile

actually I dont agreeTongue , he had a turkic name , spoke turkic , and had the turkic culture , it doesnt matter if he had the turkic genes!
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:14

I dont want to be apart of it. I am Magyar! Magyar are Magyar! We have our own culture and language despite some Turkic influence. See, I do not have to prove a point here and make stupid arguments with you. Out of all the people I have ever talked to on forums , I always got along with Turks the most, so I will not judge every Turk by a few closed-minded ones on here that have to (like always) flag around their pride in place of having intelligent discussion. You should know better than anyone as a Turk that your history has painted you many colors, but if you insist on a one-sided conversation why do you even come to a forum? This I dont understand. Right away you get angry and defensive. I will tell you something my Turkish brother that maybe you have a hard time understanding, not everything is Turkic. And in the event one day that Attila's body is recovered and DNA  tells us that he was a pure Turk (whatever that means) then I will admit to it too because it will be factual. Gule Gule.
ahhhh don't get mad my pretty. Atilla was pre turkic lets say it like that its the best i think like the huns broke up in different branches maygars turks and others. I nver said that hungarians werent descendents of huns if i'm not wrong zorigo said that turks weren't descendents of huns. the word oufio or oufi is to define the oghuz turks who came to the region of the greeks the maygars were also called oufio and if i'm not wrong so were the huns
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:15
Attila is one of the most popular names in Hungary for men. Why should I believe it is Turkic? Why should I believe "everything" is Turkic?
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:15
"Ali baba Mustafa" is a Turkic name.
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:17

those are arabic namesTongue
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:17

[QUOTE=erci] [QUOTE=minchickie]

I am a girl. By the way, what language is this ??? 

You tell me girl.You were posting this sentence on this forum ever since you became a member here. Wink

Edited by erci - 17-Jul-2006 at 17:18
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:18

ahah nice arab and persian names.

i have one cousin 2 friends named atilla

turkic names like fatih ertekin erdogan aykut alper ayhan orhan kursad this are turkic names.

boris vladimir nikolaj this are hongarian names according to your logic

Edited by xi_tujue - 17-Jul-2006 at 17:18
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:19
And back then names were cultural things nowadays even an african can take a name of Atilla. They take the name cause they like it or something
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:21
Originally posted by xi_tujue

ahah nice arab and persian names.

i have one cousin 2 friends named atilla

turkic names like fatih ertekin erdogan aykut alper ayhan orhan kursad this are turkic names.

boris vladimir nikolaj this are hongarian names according to your logic

the name boris derives from the turkic name Baris (peace) , like Boris Jelstjin (Baris Yalcin)
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:21
Turks and Hungarians share alot of names, Zoltan, Emre, Attila, etc but this is irrelavent. My point is that noone knows for sure where Huns are from, forget the langauge since they left NO APHABET at ALL! All I am saying is that I dont think he was Turkic or Hungarian but yes we both have the right to claim him. Agree?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:23

Turks and Hungarians share alot of names, Zoltan, Emre, Attila, etc but this is irrelavent. My point is that noone knows for sure where Huns are from, forget the langauge since they left NO APHABET at ALL! All I am saying is that I dont think he was Turkic or Hungarian but yes we both have the right to claim him. Agree?
don't no about zoltan.

most people in the world don't have a alphabet they use alphabet of other people like greek persian chinese. That don't means that other people who came in contact with the huns didn't recorded it
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:25

Ofcourse , we wont let you claim him all by yourselfSmile
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:26

Forget alphabet, language and even DNA for a second,  Attila made Hungary his home where he reigned and where most likey he died. For this alone we can say he is Hungarian. Dont have a heart attack!

Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:28
but what do you mean by hungarian?
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:30
I couldn't care less about Attila as he's nothing but a common name in Turkey (for me) but no! :D he was not a Hungarian.He was a hun and huns were Turkic people who invaded East europe ;) period
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:30
ahhaha musn't damn aah my heart. accualy hungary didn't exsist.

why would atilla make hungary his home for the soul purpose it layed in the centre of his empire( + It looks beautiful over there)

atilla hun who is a descendent of the xiongnu asiatic huns known as the northern tribes later on the turks were know as the northern tribes so why didn't the chinese noted the difference in people inhabitting the region mabey the people didn't chance only the name
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:31
your claimin reasons are weak , there is a story that he died in germany before marrying a local bride, so the germans can claim him too?
Come on , you can do better than this crap

BTW it is tough , discussing with turksLOL

Edited by Afsar Beghi - 17-Jul-2006 at 17:33
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:35
Originally posted by Afsar Beghi

but what do you mean by hungarian?

In all fairness, this is just an ideaology. Hungarians, Magyars, people who reside in Hungary always think of Attila as legend. We think of him as ancestor to us. This of course doesnt matter whether he really was or wasnt , all that matters is what it means to us. And this goes for Turks, Chinese, whoever else wants to think of him this way. All that is left of it is a legend. So to have some arguments over it is pretty stupid since both Ural and Altai people can feel some closeness to it. But for one particular peoples to claim all is just rediulous, especially without any real proof. this is more or less a connection between Hungarians and Turks, Finns etc.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:37
but there are chinese records so there is your proof. it's not much but you proof me wrong
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>