Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When did Kurds and Persians first names use ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When did Kurds and Persians first names use ?
    Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 14:21
Hey Verum, I'll make it easier on the points we disagree on rather than read every single thing you wrote, since you seem to be repeating yourself and this makes me repeat myself too so apperantly, you consider the following to be our conflicts:

The area on which Adiabene was founded was originally a Hurro-Urartian territory. Assyrians, Iranians, Romans, Arabs, Turkmens, etc. arrived later.

I dare you, sorry, I meant to say I challenge you to show me one source where it speaks of a Semitic migration of a folk named Assyrians outside norther Mesopotamia, just show me one simple source, that's all I ask.

I agree that the Iranians, Romans, Arabs, and so on were all later arrivals, but the Assyrians themselves take their name from the city of Assur, here's where the city of Assur is located:

http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/m/images/mesopot_assyr_map_lg.jpg

The green part in the middle is where the original Assyrian originated, as this was the land of the 
very first Assyrian kingdom and the name they bare is there, for your information these same 
Hurrian Caucasians you speak of are also our ancestors, so I'm not gonna stand for your stupid lies
sir, but I don't need to, I simply asked you to find me a source where it speaks of a folk named Assyrians
that arrived later, it's a simple challenge and I would like a legitimate source please, not some Kurdi guy
saying Kudish agenda.

In fact, the name Assur has been there before the arrival of the Semitic speakers, explain this to me please.

Adiabenese people resisted Sassanians and for sure Sassanians account on a Kurdish resistance against their reign.

There's no source that the people in Adiabene were Kurds, once again show me your proof, on the other hand, Corduene existed north of that and surely, that's where you Kurds bare your name from, if Adiabene was Kurdish, surely there would be one province named Corduene, not two separate provinces.

Names of preeminent Adiabenese rulers are to be explained by Iranian etymology.

A) Rulers do not explain the people, a good example is the Royal House of Mitanni, they were Indo-Aryan similar to those Indics with the Vedic background, but the population of their empire were known to be Caucasian Hurrians.

B) The rulers of Adiabene had a Hellenic element, not Iranian, their queen's name was Helena for God's sake, and their capital was named Arbella which comes from the ancient name "Arba-Ilu", again, not an Iranian name at all but rather, a Semitic name, in any case, it is accepted that they were Greeks.

The official language of Adiabene was, in accordance with the rest of the western parts of Persian empires, Aramaic.

Agreed, and it continued to be that way until the arrival of the Arabs, my question to you is where did the Kurds come up with speaking an Iranian language? Mind you, while the main language of Adiabene was indeed Aramaic, the language of Corduene was Iranian (Based on Greek records), seems to fit the Kurdish bill quite nicely, Kurds in Corduene and Assyrians in Adiabene, makes much more sense to me than your theories.

Afterwards Arabs conquer Adiabene and they record the majority of Adiabenese people as Kurds.

Sure I believe it, that was only around 1200 years ago, Kurds did indeed grow in population, look at today, one would be an idiot to visit that area and say that the majority are not Kurds, the question is did the Sassanid Persians say that? Did the Greeks say that? Did the Romans say that? Be fair and answer the question properly.

Btw, please show me the source for reading sake, I'm pretty sure it's an interesting read.

The only people who named themselves after Adiabene, were Hadbani Kurdish dynasty.  

Show me one source where the Adiabene dynasty called themselves Kurdish, just one simple source, clearly they were Greek, but hey if you say they're Kurds, show me the proof.

Romans conquerred Adiabene and collapsed its kingdom after almost 100 years of being founded and then annexed it into one of their provinces, namely Roman province of Assyria. This Roman designation is the only hint on account of which the western historians have conventionally regarded Adiabene to be associated with Assyria: a historical misconception, held by the stranger historians, for that there is nothing else at all to tag Assyria on Adiabene.

Well the region was ancient Assyria for most part, the city of Arbella was one of the earlier Assyrian cities, maybe that's why scholars tagged Adiabene with Assyria, you obviously seem to ignore that a lot of these towns like Assur, Nineveh, Kalhu, and so on were the heart of the Assyria, and even today there are villages that are located in the Ninwa and Duhok provinces that are pure Assyrian based on their names, I mentioned Alqosh as the most Assyrian village and it's located on the border of Ninwa and Duhok province, even the name of it (Al-Qosh) literally means "The God of the Bow" which implies to the ancient God of the Assyrians (Assur), I don't understand, you wanna erase all that and call it Kurdish? Sorry buddy, no can do.

Y-DNA and MtDNA are not nonsense.

In proving recent ancestry, it is, so like your buddy answered me, please don't beat around the bush and answer this question straight:

- You great great great great great grandpa was a Mongol that carried haplogroup C3 or R1a1.
- Most of your other ancestors were Kurds.
- What are you? Kurd or Mongol?

If you say Mongol, then I'll agree that Y-DNA is not useless, but if you say Kurd, clearly it is useless.

Y-DNA is not restricted to a period which begins from up to 10,000 years ago.

No, but the usefulness of Y-DNA to prove your Kurdishness does not exist, it's useless, bringing up Y-DNA argument to prove you're Kurdish is like bringing a water gun in the battlefield.

The concept of people is not defined by genetic characteristics.

Agreed.
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 14:23
Originally posted by opuslola

Why don't we all just throw away the genetic tests?

Why don't all of you just admit that the "Kurds" were sheep and goat tenders for thousands of years, they were indeed "shepherd kingdoms!"

And just which "shepherd king" dominated Egypt?, as well as Assyria, etc.!

Come on, all of you know him!

If you don't get this, you don't know your "Curds" from the "Whey?"

If you're implying to any Biblical characters there, don't bother, Bible history is mostly based on Mesopotamian mythology.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 14:33
No Putty19, I am not suggesting any such thing!

Cannot you or your opponents name one very famous "Kurd" who became the ultimate ruler of both Egypt as well as the rest of the Levant?

Edited by opuslola - 29-Jun-2010 at 14:35
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 14:59

No Putty19, I am not suggesting any such thing!

Cannot you or your opponents name one very famous "Kurd" who became the ultimate ruler of both Egypt as well as the rest of the Levant?

Saladin
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 15:08
OF course! Probably the most famous or infamous "Kurd" ever?

Or can any of you find another?
Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 23:22

Yea Saladin was a Kurd, but what does that have to do with anything?

Actually I think Saladin was one of the best Muslim rulers, unlike the other Arab Muslims he was tolerant, even the Christians welcomed his rule.
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 02:39
  @Ince i think what putty19 was trying to say is not that we are not of iranic stock. He only just wanted to show that we have geneticly a big distance to other iranic-indoiranic people. What is right. The only Iranic People who are geneticly near to us are the Iranians mostly from west-central and North Iran. But he is also right that we have many caucasian elements but thats normal.What he says is that we are normal north middle eastern people than beeinf central asian like pakistanis. And Also the genetic relationship between kurds and persians is not higher than the genetic relationship between kurds armenians or turks. Thats what he is saying and thats why i don´t understand why so many racistic kurds try to make a big "aryan" nation while there is no aryan race ! The genetic near of kurds and persians is so high like the genetic near of persians and armenians kurds and turks turks and persians. most of them are geneticly related. Only Southeast iran with border Pakistan is geneticly a bit different. Vene the real tajiks and Afghans are geneticly much closer to Kurds than persians! in Fact i don´t use and of those words like iranian iranic but it is better to use iranic than iranian. I don´t want to free from turkey to be a part of big persia. I want to be a part of a kurdistan not an aryan "Persia " or an pan turanic   Turkey. But you are also right that the People of corduene were for sure of Iranic stock by language and mostly by DNA and not assimilated assyrians that can´t be when we think about that the assyrians had to came from south the only can be of J1 or J2 origin for real assyrians assimilated many other nations. And some of them were even kurdish  

Edited by Xorto - 30-Jun-2010 at 02:43
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 07:51
Originally posted by Xorto

@Ince i think what putty19 was trying to say is not that we are not of iranic stock. He only just wanted to show that we have geneticly a big distance to other iranic-indoiranic people. What is right. The only Iranic People who are geneticly near to us are the Iranians mostly from west-central and North Iran. But he is also right that we have many caucasian elements but thats normal.What he says is that we are normal north middle eastern people than beeinf central asian like pakistanis. And Also the genetic relationship between kurds and persians is not higher than the genetic relationship between kurds armenians or turks. Thats what he is saying and thats why i don´t understand why so many racistic kurds try to make a big "aryan" nation while there is no aryan race ! The genetic near of kurds and persians is so high like the genetic near of persians and armenians kurds and turks turks and persians. most of them are geneticly related. Only Southeast iran with border Pakistan is geneticly a bit different. Vene the real tajiks and Afghans are geneticly much closer to Kurds than persians! in Fact i don´t use and of those words like iranian iranic but it is better to use iranic than iranian. I don´t want to free from turkey to be a part of big persia. I want to be a part of a kurdistan not an aryan "Persia " or an pan turanic   Turkey. But you are also right that the People of corduene were for sure of Iranic stock by language and mostly by DNA and not assimilated assyrians that can´t be when we think about that the assyrians had to came from south the only can be of J1 or J2 origin for real assyrians assimilated many other nations. And some of them were even kurdish  

I understand what Putty is trying to say, what I am trying to say is Kurds are much Iranic as Lurs or anyother Iranic people.  Bulk of what is Kurdish is Iranic.  Genetically yes, west Iranian do not cluster with East Iranians much, as that would be case as they live in further away from eachother.

Yes their are some Kurds and Persians on the web who hold onto the Aryan race thing, but I think it's rather a Pan-Iranic  thing rather then a racially purity thing like with the Nazi's.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 08:54
Originally posted by Putty19

Yea Saladin was a Kurd, but what does that have to do with anything?Actually I think Saladin was one of the best Muslim rulers, unlike the other Arab Muslims he was tolerant, even the Christians welcomed his rule.

Yes, it seems many in the West admired him?

But, here was a Sunni Muslim, that became Emir, in an area full of Shia!

Hardly a place to be loved by the majority of Shia Egyptians! Being a Kurd, and not a native Egyptian, he (and his Kurdish assitants, etc., seems to very closely resemble a group of "shepherds", of which the Kurds evolved, and thus their rule seems in many ways to emulate the ancient rule of a group, that for most of our written history, have been called "Shepherd Rulers!"

You might well notice also, that the rule of Egypt by this family of Kurds, was quite brief in the scheme of things, much like the Hyksos!

I can even suspect that all of the Sunni's in Egypt were driven out of Egypt when Shia rule was restored?

Maybe just another case of "History repeating itself?"

Edited by opuslola - 30-Jun-2010 at 09:02
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 16:47

@opuslola i don´t know where you got your informations from but they are definetly wrong saladin was no Shii! he was an sunni muslim of Schafi like the majority of kurds. Thats for sure it was him who made big parts of Syria and palestinians Schafi Muslims. And Even Egypt is a big part Schafi i also think because of Saladin. Maybe you mixed it up because schafi sounds similar to Schii but in fact it´s not the same the Assassins for example (schii Sect) wanted to kill Saladin because he was a Sunni muslim of Shafi stock.

@Ince i Know kurds are for sure of Iranic origin what Putty19 do wrong is he mix thinks up. If you want to know your heritage Haplogroups are much more important than other DNA Tests. Because Haplogroups show your heritage and if Kurds are mostly R1a-b and J2 that shows that we are for sure of Iranic heritage because the original iranians were from the region of southrussia between caucasus and Blacksea. This People were a mixture of Neolthik J2 People and mesolthik R1a-b, R2 People. The other Dna Tests like the 23 marker just shows with whom we have mixed and how we are geneticly today. And this shows clearly that we are not far away from Turks, Armenians, Assyrian-aramäic, Iranians, Greeks and Balkan People. We are the product of our Region Western Asian. 

Sorry for my Misspelling. My english is well but not perfect

Edited by Xorto - 30-Jun-2010 at 16:48
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 19:43
Xorto, I don't know what your read above, but I distinctly described him as a Sunni!

Read it again, and then apologize!

MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ EVERYTHING ABOVE AGAIN?

Edited by opuslola - 30-Jun-2010 at 19:44
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 08:21
Oh sorry i realy  didn´t read it wellBig smile
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 08:54
Just kidding guy! I make similar mistakes all of the time!

Here are my exact words from above; "But, here was a Sunni Muslim, that became Emir, in an area full of Shia!"

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 01-Jul-2010 at 08:55
Quaere Verum View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Quaere Verum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 08:37

the kurdish flag has not to do much with beeing iranic just because of the colors that would be stupid as like calling the hungarian and italian flags "iranian" too.

it´s sad to see how much our ,kurds know about their history. No body designed it because it looks close to iranian ones. This is the original kurdish flag of the repuplic ararat which was destroyed by ataturk and the persians.

Sorry bro, that is all wrong. Kurdish flag is most likely derived from Iranian flag. Prior to 1979 revolution there was already a sun within Iranian flag too which they later preferred to remove it. Even Kurdish high spots within Iraqi Kurdistan only explain the Kurdish flag with the same explanations which are supposed to describe the Iranian one (e.g. red for blood of martyrs, white for peace, and green for agricultural elements and prosperity of land).

As a matter of fact Xwey Bún movement was highly inspired by nationalistic stuffs, and for sure Kurdish people are to be speculated as an Iranian folk.

I don´t understand why some so called kurds here try so hard to be called Iranian???

It is not a matter of me or anybody else's. I am just maintaining the truth. In this regard the very fact that Kurds are an Iranian people was denied by a fellow Assyrian guy based on incomprehensive and entirely irrelevant materials nevertheless he has altered his previously biased and senseless viewpoint.

We are Kurds and thats it!

Nobody says we are not Kurds. However the fellow Assyrian partner was apparently attempting to hint that Kurds are Iranified Assyrians or something. However he retreated. 

do you people want to be again under persian impression like you were under turkish or do you want to be Kurds.

I am not into politics in any ways. But as a matter of fact Kurdish people are to be classified as an Iranian (Iranic) people, scientifically.

Another fact is that corduene was a part of median empire thats why all kurds claim to be median what is not wrong.

All due respect, the idea that Kurds should be considered as descendants of Medes is based on Diakonov's viewpoints. He was right that there are interesting Median elements within Kurds and their languages, but as a matter of fact in this regard Kurds are not alone. That is to say they share Medes, as one of their ancestors, with many other northwestern speaking Iranian folks. For example some Central Iranian dialects might be considered as Modern Median languages, but in case of Kirmanjí Kurdish (which is spoken approximately by up to 90% Kurds) we can obviously find Scythian elements along with Northwestern Iranian characteristics. For example Northwestern Iranian speeches retain Old Iranian initial  "v/w" but this sound is mostly changed into "b", or occasionally "g", within Northern and Central Kirmanjí dialects. Scholars such as McKenzie has read this sound change (which is widely noticeable amongst Southwestern Iranian languages) as a Southwestern characteristic. Whilst as a matter of fact the same change is also to be observed in ancient Scythian speeches (particularly Khotanese Scythian). On the other hand some grammatical features in Kirmanjí Kurdish are believed to reflect a Hurrian background. Regarding to the other historical (homelands of Hurrians, Medes, and Scythians) facts Kurds are a an Iranian people, a blend out of Medes and Scythians with a Hurrian background.

Originally posted by Opuslola

If you don't get this, you don't know your "Curds" from the "Whey?"

of which the Kurds evolved, and thus their rule seems in many ways to emulate the ancient rule of a group, that for most of our written history, have been called "Shepherd Rulers!"

Seemingly you still do stick to your idea of outward resemblance between "curd" and Kurd and its base of shepherd story. But they both are indisputably false friends. For instance "Mama die die die*!" is a Dutch sentence, but no one is to conclude that based on such a Dutch sentences there is certainly a considerable matricidal tendency amongst Dutch people!

(*"Mama die die die" in Dutch means "Mama [I want] that that that")

Edited by Quaere Verum - 10-Jul-2010 at 10:08
Blessed are the meek
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Quaere Verum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 08:40

Let me ask you a question, what if you great great great great grandfather was a Mongol who carried haplogroup C3, but all the other ancestors you had were Kurdish, would that make you Kurd or Mongol?

Please answer the question and don't go in circles.

First of all, identities such as Mongol or Kurd are by no means defined in accordance with genetic characteristics. It is only your ignorance to perceive the stuff in such a stupid way.

Mr. Know-It-All you only talk like a single forebear's genes are supposed to overwhelm the entire gene pools of the respective progenies to the point that it would not be possible to recognize the rest of ancestors at all!

But it is not the case because genetic characteristics evolve ceaselessly and every ancestor just leaves specific impacts. If not so, then we all were carrying only Adam's Y-DNA as the most noticeable one ever! That is definitely implausible, nevertheless an individual such as you who foolishly dare call Y-DNA and MtDNA as "nonsense" should be expected to repeat his folly in different ways.

Then stop using the Y-DNA argument, if you're not gonna take it in that manner there's no need to use it.

That is for sure peoples are not defined based on Y-DNA, it was only you who brought genetics on the table to nonsensically prove that Kurdish people are not an Iranic people.

Agreed, I never said because you're closer to us genetically that means you'll have to stop being or doing the things you want to be or do, it's simply a discussion based on facts, that's it.

Are you that much stupid to contradict yourself like that?! You exactly meant so since you senselessly asseverated that Kurds are not Iranian because they are closer to us [Assyrians] genetically.

It is simply your nationalistic prejudice and personal ignorance to uphold such nonsense ideas.

But if you want to compare genetic facts between Iranian peoples (Persian, Kurd, Lur, Azari, etc.) and their neighbors, such as Semitic peoples (Arab, Assyrian, Aramean), just provide a comprehensive data pertaining to them all and then discuss in terms of genetics.

That's fine, but the point was genetically the Kurds are middle eastern, this has nothing to do with trying to separate you from Iranians and what not, what I'm trying to say is your genetics does not match the genetics of an ancient Scythian found in the steppes of Central Asia, on the other hand it could match and ancient Armenian dna found in the mountains of Urartu.

Why are you that much mean-spirited? Should you be reminded that it was you who stupidly did dare say Kurds are not an Iranian people based on genetics?

By the way a Scythian from Central Asia is not gonna represent the entire body of this ancient Iranian people since Scythians did not live only in Central Asian steppes. Go and read meticulously about their history. They are supposed to get settled in many various places from Eastern Europe to Western China, and from Kurdistan to Sistan (< Sagzestan ~ Scythian Land).

Mr. Know-It-All first provide comprehensive genetic data regarding to Iranian peoples and other Middle Eastern folks, and then talk about genetics.

The modern Kurds bare their name from these Qardu people, if you were Medians you should call yourselves Medes, not Kurds, Qardu/Carduchi/Corduene is your heritage.

We share Medes as one of our ancestors in common with other Northwestern speaking folks of Iran including Azaris (originally speaking Tati language but later went thru Turkification linguistically), Central Iranian folks, Semnanies, etc.

You, nationalistic moron, cannot remove the Medes just like that. Medes were originally referred to as Aryans (< Old Iranian "eyre*") which means "The Nobles". Probably this is why no modern Iranian folk calls itself any thing resembling Mede (however some suggest Kurdish toponyms such as "May" to be a cognate of Mad ~ Mede). Today Kirmanji Kurdish is the only modern Iranian language, to my knowledge, that represents this Old Iranian word: "hír" ~ "noble". Also, for your information Mr. Know-It-All, an old Christian text is found over Caucasus which contains a praying written in, if I am not mistaken, Armenian, Persian, and (as the Armenian text refers to) Mede (Armenian "Maday*") languages. The most worthy of mention point is that the language which is referred to as Mede is nothing outside of Kirmanjí Kurdish (particularly in Northern dialect aka Kurmanjí).

Modern Iranian people were born with the Indo-Iranians in Central Asia, from there waves started to spread around,

That has nothing to do with the fact that Iranians (such as Kurds) are Iranians.

the Iranians were already spread all the way in the steppes of Eurasia long before there was such thing as Median empire.

Yes and on the other hand so-called Akkadian people were originally settled within central and southern Iraq before they brutally invade northern parts of Iraq and subsequently any Assyrian (Akkadians who were named after Ashur) empire being founded by their rest in the occupied lands such as Ashur.

Of course there are a lot of areas within this territory that were not Iranians mostly, on the same token, the big majority of the eastern parts which included Scythians for most part were not covered by the Medes.

Right and there is definitely the same thing to be conceived of Assyrian empire including areas of Asshur, Nineveh, etc. which were indisputably non-Akkadian territories invaded and occupied by Akkadians, who were later named after Ashur as Assyrian.

In my opinion the Medes were the start of the Western Iranians, not the entire Iranian people, the Eastern Iranians were less mixed while the Western Iranians mixed in very heavily with other local populations.

Median (~ Aryan) Empire commenced Iran (<Eyran < Eyre- > Land of Aryans). By the way Eastern Iranians got mixed with local peoples as well. A considerable percentage of Central Asian Iranophone folks might seem Mongoloid nonetheless still you could find Iranian appearances over there for sure.

What about Kurmanji? You know language can spread and people can adopt

Mr. Know-It-All Kurmanji is not merely a linguistic term.

That's the exact point I'm trying to make, the Kurds for most part are more related to Anatolian populations more than they are to Persians, this may not be important to you but we are working on personal projects in 23andMe to see where everyone fits, so far we have a good number of Assyrians, Armenians, Iranians (Mixed Persians and Azeris for most part), Anatolian Turks, Arabs, Jews, and so on, it would be nice if we had a few more Kurds to compare with, but from the few Kurdish individuals that exist, they are closest to Armenians, Assyrians, and Anatolian Turks, and a bit more distant to Persians,

Your exact point has already been proved to be an idiotically Assyrian nationalistic pretension which began over here by a foolish utterance "Kurds are not an Iranian people" based on truly incomprehensive genetic data.

So far you have been maintaining that Kurds are closer to us [Assyrians-Semitic], now how come Anatolian Turks and Armenians (both non-Semitic peoples) are included? Probably you may say after all we all are Middle Eastern (and obviously implying Iranians are not Middle Eastern!!), thus it would be your fatal ignorance being unable to understand that the term Middle East encompasses which places and what peoples!

By the way where are your so-called Assyrians from (central Iraq, Iraqi Kurdistan, Urmia, Hamadan, Syria, etc.)? Ancient Assyrians are racially supposed to be a Semitic people. But now you indicate that modern Assyrians are in a genetic relatedness with Kurds, Anatolian Turcophone folks, and Armenians (that all together outnumber Assyrians as well as are not Semitic peoples). Thus only one conclusion could be inferred: maybe the people who are known as Assyrian are originally a blend of non-Semitic peoples and therefore are related to ancient Assyrian Akkadians by no means!

Also your nationalistically biased point is again elucidated when you confess you got a few Kurdish individuals' data as well as God knows how much the rest of data (Armenian, Persian, Assyrian, Azari, etc.) are incomprehensive. Meantime you foolishly affirmed, based on the aforementioned incomprehensive data, that Kurds are not an Iranian people and even are close to us [Assyrians]. 

so whether this matters to you or not that's not the point I'm trying to make, I'm just saying in terms of genetics,

No reasonable individual is gonna mind genetic facts. But nationalistically biased and foolish utterances based on incomprehensive data are despised to every single wise person.    

from what I have seen the Kurds seem more similar to the Near East than anything else, I just hope more Kurds sign up so we can get the proper picture.

Again your ignorance is obvious over here. You stupidly disregard the fact that Iranians are Middle Eastern too (since you have already asseverated that Kurds are Middle Eastern and not Iranian).

but so far all types of Assyrians (Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriacs) are actually very close to one another and not just that, most of us are related one way or another even though we don't know one another.

I wonder to know whether did you examine Chaldeans, from southern parts of Iran for instance, and so-called Assyrians (related to Aturaye and-disputably Suryaye) from various places (Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, etc.) or it is just a say-so based on incomprehensive materials?

It still does not change the fact that the modern Kurdish name comes from Corduene, this cannot be argued over at all, the similarity and the located where Corduene was located is a perfect proof for the Kurd identity.

The term Kurd is not derived from Corduene, but Corduene is just an ancient Greek word for "Kurdistan".

By the way, Mr. Know-It-All, when a conclusion wanted to be drawn all evidences must be regarded. In case of Corduene, sure thing the presence of Kurds was not restricted to there at all since Sassanian sources as well as historical evidences left in today Kurdish city of Kirmashan prove the presence of Kurds in other places which are still Kurdish settlements to the present time.

Frankly, Kurmanji is only one Kurdish language that you speak,

Mr. Ignorant, Kurmanjí is not a language but a dialect (Northern dialect) of a language which is conventionally referred to as Kurdish, but most properly it is to be called Kirmanjí Kurdish (including Kurmanjí-Northern, Soraní-Central, Kirmajhí-Southern dialects).

Edited by Quaere Verum - 02-Jul-2010 at 09:16
Blessed are the meek
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Quaere Verum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 08:43

how about Gorani/Zazaki? I know many of them don't consider themselves Kurds but I think it's safe to assume they're the same stock, it's like our Chaldean/Aramean issue (Only Chaldeans and Arameans are just like us Assyrians since they speak the same language, in fact I'm half Chaldean myself).

To be spoken of Gorani and Zaza Kurdish languages is doubtlessly to be out of your ken. But I can let such an ignorant guy like you to know that surely the case of Kurds (a historically unique identity) exclusively speaking three (theoretically) Northwestern Iranian languages is entirely different from that of Aramaic speaking Christians speaking Aramaic speeches but meantime holding indisputably distinctive historical identities.

By the way your nationalistically biased and truly detestable point is again to be observed when you put an indisputably historical identity such as Aramean under Assyrian.

Also it is exactly Assyrians that speak the language of Arameans.

True because the Kurds are actually nothing like Arabs, in fact the entire southern and northern middle east are two different worlds, and yes Kurds, are indeed closer to Greeks than Arabs (This is actually the case with all north middle easterners).

I see then another part of your fancy is getting revealed. Are you trying to put so-called Assyrians in a closer relation with non-Semitic peoples rather than their true Semitic cousins, namely Arabs?! For your knowledge there are Mediterranean Arabs who would represent closer racial and genetic characteristics to the Europeans rather than Kurds, Persians, and even Armenians. But it would not change the fact that they are still Arabs.

No, the Kurds are not Assyrians (Far from that in fact), but both Kurds and Assyrians share common ancestors before the arrival of Semitic and Iranian languages.

Most peoples around the world share historically various ancestors as well as their respective individuals certainly hold heterogeneous genetic characteristics. But what we know as peoples, namely their specific significances, have been developed thru history and as a matter of fact the people who are nowadays known as Assyrian as well as ancient Assyrians (descendants of early Akkadians) are Semitic peoples whilst Kurds are an Iranian (Iranic) people.

Yes before the presence of Akkadians and Iranians in the Northern Iraq there were other peoples who were neither Semitic nor Indo-European and even they were not related to Sumerian. But it does not mean that the Kurdish majority and the Aramaic speaking minority who do live in the respective area share the very same ancestors or any other puerile stuff like that.

The Corduene (Carduchi) spoke an Iranian language based on Greek records, but it is believed the natives of that land were Caucasians prior to the arrival or Iranian languages just like their folk south of them prior to the arrival of the Semitic languages.

This paragraph is to be taken for granted. Also I am glad that you eventually acknowledged the historical fact that Semitic folks, like Iranians and early Indo-Europeans, arrived later to the area.

On the same token I agree with you on the south Iran theory, the language must have arrived from that part (Specially if they group is in the same sub group as Baluchi), well that's what I read too anyways.

If you read a theory and then accept it, it is just a matter of your own wise. I do not want to split the hairs but regarding to the fact that you have already attempted to hustle linguistic pretensions regarding to Kirmanjí Kurdish language (e.g. "…clearly not Scythian") then I've got to ask how come you dare say the language must have arrived from the southern Iran while even those scholars who advocate such a theory cannot affirm that it must have been originated from southern Iran?!

as an Assyrian speaker

I wish you were really an Assyrian (Akkadian) speaker, but unfortunately some two millenniums have been passed by since the last time someone heard a human speaking Assyrian. You are exactly an Aramaic speaker.

Well I'm not denying anything,

Unfortunately so far you have denied a really considerable amount of facts that is due to nothing outside of an outright and profound ignorance. Here are some of your extremely ignorant ideas: Kurds are not an Iranian people since they are closer to Middle Eastern, MtDNA and Y-DNA are nonsense, Aramaic is also an Assyrian language, Scythian clearly has nothing exclusive in common with Kurdish, etc.  

you are Iranian if you want to be an Iranian,

We-Kurds are Iranian not because we want to be. In this regard it is up to various sciences to classify peoples. 

we're all free to choose whatever identity we want,

You statement needs a little clarification. "We" here should mean individuals. Namely all individuals are free to call themselves whatever they want. However it would not change historical, cultural, or social facts generally, that is to say, for example even if an entire Persian city such as Shiraz changed their minds and started to call themselves Arab or Elamite or any thing but Persian, it would change the fact that their city as well as themselves had been Persian throughout history, nonetheless from now on prefer to be reckoned something else.

of course you have Iranian elements more than other populations near by due to your language and culture, heck even other non-Iranian speakers have some Iranian elements, I was simply talking genetics, not identity.

I surely agree. Then presumably you only did not explain yourself properly. Since you had to declare that I have some ideas that Kurds are genetically closer to other Middle Eastern peoples rather than Iranians [the later who are mostly Middle Eastern too]. But unfortunately you just intruded by shouting "Kurds are not Iranian they are closer to Middle Eastern people" in a truly abrupt manner.

But see this is why I said haplogroup distribution is not a proper approach to determine this, autosomal results on the other hand are proper, and no, Assyrians and other Anatolians are not Kurds, they just share common ancestors.

Say my name is Paul and my brother's name is Alan, our father is John, clearly we are both the sons of John and could be considered Johnites, but you cannot call me an Alanite or call my brother a Paulite, we are brothers and share a same father, that's all.

You again seem to imply senseless points?! Your idea is all wrong. You say that sons of John (~the common ancestor of Kurds and Assyrians in your idea) could be considered something like Johnites, but Alan (~ Kurds) and Paul (~ Assyrians) cannot be referred to as Alanite or Paulite. So what if many generations passed, should Paul and Alan's progenies be considered Johnites? But Mr. Know-It-All then how the heavens John himself should be considered?! Does not he have any progenitors?

Humans are of heterogeneous characteristics genetically. But peoples are defined in an entirely different way. The people who are known as Assyrians (despite the identical disputations) are descendants of early Akkadians who appear in the history over central Iraq for the first time. They are indisputably a Semitic people. But on the other hand Kurds are an Iranian people and most likely descendants of both Scythians and Medes with a plausible Hurrian background. That is all.

Yes that's what I said, the Kurds are a native middle eastern population with an Iranian element, I don't see how that's wrong at all.

That is wholly wrong. Why are you that much stupid? You thing a Middle Eastern population instead of "non-Iranian but Middle Eastern people" is probably going to disguise all your nationalistically biased and foolishly naive pretensions?! Kurdish people are scientifically an Iranian people, as well as Iran and most Iranian peoples' settlements are located on Middle East! Therefore only a nationalistically blinded person such as you could ever dare call Kurds are Middle Eastern and not-or a little Iranian (thus Iranians are not Middle Eastern also!).

Edited by Quaere Verum - 02-Jul-2010 at 09:32
Blessed are the meek
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Quaere Verum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 09:08

I dare you, sorry, I meant to say I challenge you to show me one source where it speaks of a Semitic migration of a folk named Assyrians outside norther Mesopotamia, just show me one simple source, that's all I ask.

I agree that the Iranians, Romans, Arabs, and so on were all later arrivals, but the Assyrians themselves take their name from the city of Assur, here's where the city of Assur is located:

http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/m/images/mesopot_assyr_map_lg.jpg

The green part in the middle is where the original Assyrian originated, as this was the land of the very first Assyrian kingdom and the name they bare is there, for your information these same Hurrian Caucasians you speak of are also our ancestors, so I'm not gonna stand for your stupid lies sir, but I don't need to, I simply asked you to find me a source where it speaks of a folk named Assyrians that arrived later, it's a simple challenge and I would like a legitimate source please, not some Kurdi guy

saying Kudish agenda.

You are definitely one of the most senseless persons I have ever bumped against. For your information Mr. Know-It-All Assyrian people are originated from a Semitic folk that are known as Akkadian who were concentrated on the central Iraq. By the reign of Sargon and surmounting Sumerians, Akkadians just started off their military invasions towards north (where they occupied cities such as Assur) northwest, and east. After the fall of Akkadian Empire those Akkadians who were settled over there were named after Assur (Ashur) as Assyrian. From then on they operated new invasions and occupied other territories located on the modern Iraqi Kurdistan, and so on. To the ancient people of Northern Iraq, Akkadians were definitely brutal invaders from the south. For further information on Akkadians homeland you may check out all available and authentic sources (e.g. The Ancient Iraq, Dr. Georges Roux.) Here is a map about Akkadian military invasions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Orientmitja2300aC.png

In fact, the name Assur has been there before the arrival of the Semitic speakers, explain this to me please

It is for sure. When Akkadians invaded there and then parts of them got settled, they were named after it-Assur. But still they were certainly Akkadians from the south that had arrived later. If you want to imply that Assyrian Akkadians were original people of Assur and related to Hurrians, you are wrong again. Every thing is to witness that as a matter of fact Akkadians who were named after Assur were nothing outside of Akkadians. You have to get ride of such whimsical notions for your own good.

There's no source that the people in Adiabene were Kurds, once again show me your proof, on the other hand, Corduene existed north of that and surely, that's where you Kurds bare your name from, if Adiabene was Kurdish, surely there would be one province named Corduene, not two separate provinces.

You ignorant, did I say there is any direct mention to the identity of Adiabene during its kingdom? So far the earliest direct indication is made by Arab geographers who referred to Adiabenese people as Kurds. But for sure we know that Adiabene had an ethnically mixed society. But when we put all authentic materials regarding to Adiabene we could presume that there was a Kurdish majority over there.

By the way Sassanians didn't mention Assyrians to resist them, but Kurds are mentioned so. And as a matter of fact we know that Adiabenese people resisted Sassanians too.

A) Rulers do not explain the people, a good example is the Royal House of Mitanni, they were Indo-Aryan similar to those Indics with the Vedic background, but the population of their empire were known to be Caucasian Hurrians.

That is true ruling class might not represent the entire nation, always. But when you have the vaguest idea about the people, the rulers' names could serve to solve the puzzle indeed.

B) The rulers of Adiabene had a Hellenic element, not Iranian, their queen's name was Helena for God's sake, and their capital was named Arbella which comes from the ancient name "Arba-Ilu", again, not an Iranian name at all but rather, a Semitic name, in any case, it is accepted that they were Greeks.

Unfortunately you are stupider than what I could ever imagine. Mr. Ignorant a Hellenistic name such as Helena at that time is associated to the previous Seleucid reign over Iran. It is even noticeable by now in an Iranian name such as Helina. Should I tell you on some Greek loans within Kurdish, Persian, or Parthian vocabularies due to the Hellenistic era?! On the other hand Izates, Meharaspes, etc. are definitely Iranian names (respectively Ized/Yezed and Méhrasp* in modern Kurdish). Since Helena was allegedly sister of his husband, Bazeus, and both were Izates' children; then an Iranian origin would be indisputably presumable based on etymology of their names.

my question to you is where did the Kurds come up with speaking an Iranian language?

Iranian peoples (Medes and Scythians) had invaded and later settled the respective areas long before any presence of Adiabene and for sure they continued to live over there, as their various elements are to be observed amongst Kurds, who constitute the majority over there, to the present time.

Mind you, while the main language of Adiabene was indeed Aramaic, the language of Corduene was Iranian (Based on Greek records), seems to fit the Kurdish bill quite nicely, Kurds in Corduene and Assyrians in Adiabene, makes much more sense to me than your theories.

I am really sorry to perceive your certainly profound ignorance over and over. That is all wrong since there is no direct indication to the native language of Adiabenese people. Aramaic was only the official as well as lingua franca of the entire western parts of Persian empires, including Adiabene.

For sure such a biased and nonsensical interpretation would make much more sense to you who cherishes nationalistically biased notions and often dare demean himself by disregarding obvious facts which refute his nationalistic ideas.

Sure I believe it, that was only around 1200 years ago

It was at least up to 1300 years ago.

the question is did the Sassanid Persians say that? Did the Greeks say that? Did the Romans say that? Be fair and answer the question properly.

Btw, please show me the source for reading sake, I'm pretty sure it's an interesting read.

They did not for sure as well as they did not mention Assyrian or any other ethnicity over Adiabene. Otherwise there would be no disputation about it. But from some accounts we are sure that Adiabenese society was a mixture, most likely of Iranians and Semitic folks. But the other materials; such as its rulers' etymologically Iranian names, its resistance against Sassanid empire (which Sassanians refer to as a Kurdish resistance); Judaic sources witnessing massive Kurdish (rather than Assyrian) conversions into Judaism and meantime historical accounts on Adiabenese conversion into Judaism; historically exceptional connections between Kurdish Muslims and Kurdish Jews in the respective area (for instance the term "gewr" ~ "goy" in Central Kurdish is traditionally referred to Christians and not Jews, whilst to Muslims both Christians and Jews should be considered "goyim" and not only Christians; the earliest historical indication to ethnicity of Adiabenese people refers to them as Kurds; from the on in accordance with all historical accounts on the demography of respective area we just face Kurds as a prevailing ethnicity, as well as in the earlier indications (prior to Adiabene) we face Hurro-Urartian speakers as well as Lullubi people as the earliest people settling the area which later became subject to Akkadian, Mede, Scythian, etc. invasions. Now as a matter of fact the prevailing ethnicity is Kurdish which is an Iranian one (similar to Medes and Scythians) as well as their languages represent both Scythian and Median characteristics with presumably a grammatical Hurrian background.

For the earliest indications to ethnicity of Adiabene, you may check out post-Islamic geographical sources as well as Diakonov's Roman and Byzantine Campaigns in Atropatene.

Show me one source where the Adiabene dynasty called themselves Kurdish

Seemingly your nationalistic partiality has literally blinded you. Did I say Adiabenese dynasty referred to themselves as Kurdish? Read meticulously you biased. I say the only dynasty that named themselves after Adiabene, were merely the Kurdish dynasty of Hadbani. 

clearly they were Greek, but hey if you say they're Kurds, show me the proof.

It is your deep ignorance to asseverate they were clearly Greek, and it is your fatal lack in knowledge regarding to the history of Middle East, particularly Iran to believe the hypothesis that suggests a Greek origin for Adiabenese rulers based on a single forename such as Helena, which for sure is to be observed amongst Iranians even to the present time. If based on forenames, so for sure Helena, daughter of Izates, and sister/wife of Bazues was as much Greek as a girl named Helina, daughter of Mehrdad, and sister of Maziyar is!

Well the region was ancient Assyria for most part

You are truly an ignorant one for I should tell you that it was also wholly a part of Median and Persian empires.

But neither Iranians nor Akkadians were the original inhabitants of the area indeed, but Hurro-Urartian speaking folks and, to some degrees, Lullubies.

the city of Arbella was one of the earlier Assyrian cities, maybe that's why scholars tagged Adiabene with Assyria,

That is definitely irrelevant. Because the first time ever the name Assyria got tagged on Adiabene was when Romans toppled its kingdom and annexed it into their Province of Assyria. From then on some western, if I am not mistaken Greek, historians appeared to use Adiabene and Assyria as synonyms. This western misconception has turned into one of the biggest historical blunders that westerns still may consider Adiabene to be the same as Assyria.

you obviously seem to ignore that a lot of these towns like Assur, Nineveh, Kalhu, and so on were the heart of the Assyria, and even today there are villages that are located in the Ninwa and Duhok provinces that are pure Assyrian based on their names, I mentioned Alqosh as the most Assyrian village and it's located on the border of Ninwa and Duhok province, even the name of it (Al-Qosh) literally means "The God of the Bow" which implies to the ancient God of the Assyrians (Assur), I don't understand, you wanna erase all that and call it Kurdish? Sorry buddy, no can do.

No one is attempting to delete the history, but you the senseless ignorant. You obviously do not know the very fact that Akkadians (whose northern groups later were named Assyrian after Assur, a city which they had invaded and occupied) were not native to the northern Iraq at all. Even a city such as Assur was certainly conquered by Akkadians, let alone further northern areas such as those of Nineveh, Erbil, Duhok, etc.

Originally posted by Quaere Verum

Y-DNA and MtDNA are not nonsense.

In proving recent ancestry, it is, so like your buddy answered me, please don't beat around the bush and answer this question straight:

- You great great great great great grandpa was a Mongol that carried haplogroup C3 or R1a1.

- Most of your other ancestors were Kurds.

- What are you? Kurd or Mongol?

If you say Mongol, then I'll agree that Y-DNA is not useless, but if you say Kurd, clearly it is useless.

It is probably my mistake trying to discuss with such a senseless ignorant as you who stubbornly insists on his ignorance and again asseverates that the usage of Y-DNA and MtDNA (which are inevitable in case of revealing genetic facts) is nonsense. When you disregard such an obvious scientific fact in such an obvious way, then it would be easily perceivable how ignorant you generally are.

No, but the usefulness of Y-DNA to prove your Kurdishness does not exist, it's useless, bringing up Y-DNA argument to prove you're Kurdish is like bringing a water gun in the battlefield.

You ignorant did I try to prove my Kurdishness based on genetics? You foolishly described Y-DNA results to vary in an era starting from up to 10,000 years ago, and I just remind you the very fact that it is used even to reveal earliest ancestories.

The concept of people is not defined by genetic characteristics.

Agreed.

Ok, then end of discussion about your nonsensical pretension that Kurds are not Iranian, based on biased conclusions resulted from incomprehensive data.

Blessed are the meek
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Quaere Verum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 11:50

@ Ince

Bro I got some linguistic materials on some other Kurdish dialects, namely Kelaní and Ebduyí, spoken over province of Fars. They are both close relatives of each other from a linguistic point of view and are spoken in two villages around Kazerun (an well-known city in Province of Fars). Although they are considerably influenced by their adjacent Southwestern dialects, but their Northwestern as well as Kirmanjí Kurdish (particularly Southern Kirmanjí) essence is still discernable. I got the information from A Treasury of the Dialectology of Fars (complied by Abdonnabi Salami). Since I am a little bit busy these days I just had to skim the book though I hope these could be informative for now:

Kelaní : Ebduyí : South.Kirmanjí : North.Kirmanjí : Adjacent Southwest. dial.s : Pers. : Note

jhi(n) : jhi(n) : jhin : jhin : zen : zen : mean. woman

ve-ténné : téné : tenya : tené : tena : tenha : alone (Middle Persian "teníha" > tenya >
tené the later one only to be observed in Kirmanjí Kurdish)

ti- : ti- : di- / e- : di- / ti- : mí- : mí- : durative (generally present) indicator

tikat : tikat : (di)keyd : dike / tike : mikond : míkoned : mean. he does; Central Kirmanjí

(d)ekat

ésh : ésh / ézh : jhe / ejh : jhi : ez : ez : from

ke : ké : ke : ke : ko(n) : kon : do (imperative)  

cem : cem : cew / cem : cev (< ceb* < cem) : cesh(m) : céshm : eye; retention of middle

and final "-m-/-m"

mal / mel : mal : mal : mal : xune : xané : mean. house; mal is originally an Arabic loan in sense of asset, which in Kirmanjí Kurdish has exclusively received a new definition: house

-í : -í : -í : -í : -sh : -esh : third person pronoun

mal-í : mal-í : mal-í : mala wí : xune-sh : xané-esh : his house  

Edited by Quaere Verum - 02-Jul-2010 at 11:57
Blessed are the meek
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 17:07
Quaere Verum,

It is most obvious that you have come to consider yourself as the "Only expert" available to query!

That is most rude, and in keeping with the attiude of the personages who at one time ripped this very site into!

My view, however, is very much in line with the so called theory called "Occams's Razor!"

My view, does in fact, use the "razor" to cut to the most simple explanation of almost "anything!"

If, however, you have a better explanation of the origin of the word or descripion of a group of people in certain areas of the world over many years, then the "razor" seems to point in my explanation!

So, I have shown you mine, now you must show me yours?

So, go ahead, leave those others behind! Let your true self be shown?
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 18:39

@ Ince

Bro I got some linguistic materials on some other Kurdish dialects, namely Kelaní and Ebduyí, spoken over province of Fars. They are both close relatives of each other from a linguistic point of view and are spoken in two villages around Kazerun (an well-known city in Province of Fars). Although they are considerably influenced by their adjacent Southwestern dialects, but their Northwestern as well as Kirmanjí Kurdish (particularly Southern Kirmanjí) essence is still discernable. I got the information from A Treasury of the Dialectology of Fars (complied by Abdonnabi Salami). Since I am a little bit busy these days I just had to skim the book though I hope these could be informative for now:

Kelaní : Ebduyí : South.Kirmanjí : North.Kirmanjí : Adjacent Southwest. dial.s : Pers. : Note

jhi(n) : jhi(n) : jhin : jhin : zen : zen : mean. woman

ve-ténné : téné : tenya : tené : tena : tenha : alone (Middle Persian "teníha" > tenya >
tené the later one only to be observed in Kirmanjí Kurdish)

ti- : ti- : di- / e- : di- / ti- : mí- : mí- : durative (generally present) indicator

tikat : tikat : (di)keyd : dike / tike : mikond : míkoned : mean. he does; Central Kirmanjí

(d)ekat

ésh : ésh / ézh : jhe / ejh : jhi : ez : ez : from

ke : ké : ke : ke : ko(n) : kon : do (imperative)  

cem : cem : cew / cem : cev (< ceb* < cem) : cesh(m) : céshm : eye; retention of middle

and final "-m-/-m"

mal / mel : mal : mal : mal : xune : xané : mean. house; mal is originally an Arabic loan in sense of asset, which in Kirmanjí Kurdish has exclusively received a new definition: house

-í : -í : -í : -í : -sh : -esh : third person pronoun

mal-í : mal-í : mal-í : mala wí : xune-sh : xané-esh : his house  

Thanks very interesting.  For the word House, in North Kurmanji we use both Xane and Mal, I think they use Xane for House and Mal for home similar to English way. 

Also do you think the Corduene spoke North Kurmanji? Just that Kurmanji has many SW elements and the Corduene were not very friendly towards Persians and were under Roman/Byzantine and Armenian rule for long periods of time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>