Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liberalism & atheism linked to higher IQ's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberalism & atheism linked to higher IQ's
    Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:11
Originally posted by opuslola

The "nonpartisan" Pew report also said;

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-434961?ref=feeds%2Flatest

I.e., 80% of Americans do not trust the Obama administration!

Take this any way you want?

Reports like this are both cheap and not real!

Nice try, but does the poll say that 80% of American's dont trust the Obama administration or dont trust the government?

The title is actually "80% of Americans do not trust the GOVERNMENT"

Hell, I dont even trust the government, no one should ever put their full trust in the government. However, I do trust Obama as a person.

Maybe you made the mistake with the title because you watch Fox News and you're too uninformed? Here is the actual report:

http://people-press.org/report/606/trust-in-government

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 22-Apr-2010 at 16:15
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:33
Let's see, I offer the quote from the site I mentioned above'

"America's "Great Compromiser" Henry Clay called government "the great trust," but most Americans today have little faith in Washington's nor Mr. Obama’s ability to deal with the nation's problems.
Public confidence in government is at one of the lowest points in a half century, according to a survey from the Pew Research Center. Nearly 8 in 10 Americans say they don't trust the federal government and have little faith it can solve America's ills, the survey found.
The findings illustrate the ominous situation President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party face as they struggle to maintain their comfortable congressional majorities in this fall's elections. Midterm prospects are typically tough for the party in power (Newmax.com. 19 April 2010).
Add a toxic environment like this and lots of incumbent Democrats that no longer listen to their constituents that they are supposed to represent, one has to wonder why trust Mr. Obama and his Democratic Party? America is not ready to give up its Democratic principles that made the US the greatest nation on earth. Mr. Obama and incumbent Democrats should move to Europe if they want to live in such an environment versus change America to another European Colony. This was already tried for 180 years under British rule."

Duh?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:36
Yea, no where does it say they dont trust Obama, it says they dont trust the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, WHICH INCLUDES MANY INSTITUTIONS.

Public confidence in government is at one of the lowest points in a half century, according to a survey from the Pew Research Center. Nearly 8 in 10 Americans say they don't trust the federal government and have little faith it can solve America's ills, the survey found.

AND ON TOP OF YOUR OWN SOURCE SAYING THAT, I POSTED THE ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLE BY PEW WHICH IS ON THEIR WEBSITE, AND AGAIN, ITS ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT AS A WHOLE, NOT OBAMA IN SPECIFIC.

Go watch some Fox News, maybe that'll clear things up a bit...o wait, no it wont.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:42
Wait a second, as far as I know the Democrats under Obama, control all sides of our government, other than a thin line in the Supreme Court!

Maybe that is the reason that the 80% or so sure just which government they do not trust?

Or maybe you can prove otherwise?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 16:47

Wait a second, as far as I know the Democrats under Obama, control all sides of our government, other than a thin line in the Supreme Court!

Maybe that is the reason that the 80% or so sure just which government they do not trust?

Or maybe you can prove otherwise?

First of all, the PARTY OF NO, aka the Grand Old Party, aka the Republican Party, is doing everything in its power to stop the government from function.

Second of all, the GOVERNMENT IS NOT JUST CONGRESS AND THE WHITE HOUSE... its everything, ITS ALL EXPLAINED IN THE ORIGINAL REPORT FROM THEIR WEBSITE, READ IT.

I'm not going to explain things to you, you dont seem to want to know the reality of things. I posted the link, read it whenever you want to.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:50
You wrote;

"ITS ALL EXPLAINED IN THE ORIGINAL REPORT FROM THEIR WEBSITE, READ IT.

I'm not going to explain things to you, you dont seem to want to know the reality of things. I posted the link, read it whenever you want to"

Which web site is their's and just who/whom is "their?"
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2010 at 08:34
Palin defends Minister who said Islam is an evil religion:

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/religious-right/sarah-palin-defends-claim-that-islam-is-evil-and-wicked-religion/

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2010 at 10:45

The "nonpartisan" Pew report also said;

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-434961?ref=feeds%2Flatest

I.e., 80% of Americans do not trust the Obama administration!

Take this any way you want?

Reports like this are both cheap and not real!

And, another of your sources was "CNN.com!" I guess that they are not biased? laugh!

Also, it seems that "rich people" are better informed than the average or poor person! Wow, just who wouda thunk it? Laugh!

So, TGS, just what do you think is the average income and educational level for the "average Obama / Democrat voter?"

Please give me the stats?

And, please give me the number of viewers who watch your hero, versus the number who watch Fox news? Gee,there might well be a few million of so difference? Also, the average age, and whether or not these viewers are in college or are recent grads.? Liberal and Progressive educational systems are, strangely, more likely to produce like representatives than systems that are not both "Liberal" and/or "Progressive?" What do you think?

The so called source you have named, ireport, is an anonymous blog.  The person who wrote that article used one sentence to state contents of a Pew report, and then everything else is opinion, biased sl*g if you will. 
As for the attack on TGS' source CNN.com, I will point out that CNN.com is your source as well.

So tell me Opuslola, what happened, aside from a black man being elected president, that has caused you to become so bitter toward life in general?

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2010 at 10:49
Red Clay, thats not even the whole story, I THEN POSTED HIM THE ORIGINAL PEW REPORT PUBLISHED ON THEIR WEBSITE SHOWING HIM THAT HE WAS WRONG AND THAT THE PERSON FROM THE BLOG HAD ATTACHED HIS OWN TITLE TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT, AND HE PROCEEDED TO QUESTION THE RELIABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND THE PEW REPORTS AUTHORS WHEN IT TURNS OUT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

Opuslola, once he realized his source did not support his claim, proceeded to pretend as if he never posted it!

What else can you expect from the conservatives and the Know Nothings? Hell, look at their news channel Fox "News".

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 26-Apr-2010 at 10:50
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2010 at 13:06
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

What else can you expect from the conservatives and the Know Nothings? Hell, look at their news channel Fox "News".
It is disturbing to see partisan reporting passed off as objective news. This is a relatively recent phenomena in the United States and shows an increasingly divided society where each groups seeks its own "news".

Of course, this is hardly restricted to conservatives.  Just look at News Week and public television's empty slogan of uhmmm.... "fair and balanced reporting".  Adding insult to injury, PBS is funded by the tax dollars which forces conservatives to fund biased reporting.  At least FOX is a private company.

Edited by Cryptic - 26-Apr-2010 at 13:14
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2010 at 14:43
Originally posted by Cryptic

It is disturbing to see partisan reporting passed off as objective news. This is a relatively recent phenomena in the United States and shows an increasingly divided society where each groups seeks its own "news".

I agree with you. The problem is that Fox News is out to make as much money as it can in any way possible, and how can it attract the most viewers? By targeting the White Conservative population and catering to them.

Of course, this is hardly restricted to conservatives.  Just look at News Week and public television's empty slogan of uhmmm.... "fair and balanced reporting". 

True, but major liberal websites slash newspapers are different in one way, THEY DO NOT LIE. Every claim they make or every criticism they make is based on facts which they cite. The same cannot be said about conservative media, which mostly lies.

Great example is the Huffington Post, they post sources and facts to support every claim or criticism they make.

Liberals differentiate themselves from conservatives in this manner and it has to do with the very roots of their beliefs. Conservatives rely on "faith" rather than truth, which is why they dont question Fox News ever, they take everything it says as truth because they have "faith" in them.

Isnt it funny how there is a conservative backlash against education and the "educated elite"! How low has our country gone that being smart is considered a bad thing?! Its ABSURD!

Adding insult to injury, PBS is funded by the tax dollars which forces conservatives to fund biased reporting. 

PBS is supposed to be government funded, as is NPR (they also take viewer donations), that is the way they were set up. PBS and NPR are considered highly neutral and have nothing to do with the government in power.

In fact, I think they are great examples of why non-profit media is always better and more reliable.

When money is thrown into the mix, its about how many viewers you can get, not the quality of your reporting (i.e Fox News).
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2010 at 14:12
With this new recent oil spill, Paul Krugman of the New York Times predicted that Conservatives would manage to find some way to lie about the BP oil spill to blame it on liberals:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/the-oil-spill-is-obamas-fault/?src=twt&twt=NytimesKrugman

Needless to say, his prediction was correct and conservatives have already started spreading lies about the BP oil spill. Rush Limbaugh for example:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201004290038

Here is the truth of the matter:

Early investigations have revealed that BP did not bother to install -- and that U.S. regulations do not require -- a backup device to provide another layer of protection in case the "fail-safe" shutoff valve failed (which is exactly what happened). Brazil requires such a device, and oil companies like Shell install it routinely even in the U.S. BP didn't because, at $500,000, it was "too expensive."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carl-pope/drill-baby-drill----or-wh_b_558473.html

More information on BP's violations:

http://www.truthout.org/whistlelower-bps-other-offshore-drilling-project-gulf-vulnerable-catastrophe59027

I recall someone saying that corporations actually care about people and the environment and that its not only about profits? Wrong once again.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 30-Apr-2010 at 14:15
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2010 at 15:14

Pundit Rush Limbaugh, who has a home on Florida's Palm Beach, suggested that the explosion could have resulted from Earth Day eco-sabotage by one of the rig workers. Limbaugh also said a cleanup was unnecessary.

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."

http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/oil-hits-louisiana-coast-could-reach-florida-by-sunday/1091532

Really Rush? People actually take this guy seriously?

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2010 at 16:13
LOL

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is.
Actually, there is some truth to this.  Oceans do breakdown oil far better than many scientists predicted.  I would not go so far as to say it is natural. 

True, but major liberal websites slash newspapers are different in one way, THEY DO NOT LIE. Every claim they make or every criticism they make is based on facts which they cite.
Liberals dont lie?  Boy, that sounds pretty dogmatic. Of course liberals dont lie, they just "spin" news.  Nobody ever lies.  Are yoyu sure ahteists have higher IQs?

PBS and NPR are considered highly neutral and have nothing to do with the government in power. In fact, I think they are great examples of why non-profit media is always better and more reliable.
PBS has advanced leftist dogma for years. They are an example of a dogmatic non profit board of directors spinning news while being completely unaccountable to alienated viewers.

Once, I saw they "forgot" to tranlate portions of a documentary where Mayan indians stated that the CIA bad guys did not commit the particular atrocity that was being investigated and exhumed.  

Edited by Cryptic - 02-May-2010 at 16:35
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2010 at 18:32
RC, you amazingly wrote a while ago, these words;

"So tell me Opuslola, what happened, aside from a black man being elected president, that has caused you to become so bitter toward life in general?"

I am apalled that you as a moderator could or would write such words! The use of the term "aside from a black man being elected president,.."

I would like you to know that I find your words most insulting! You are insinuating that I am prejudiced towards "Blacks!", so I would also insinuate that it is you that shows prejudice towards others, and not me!

And, to assume that I am "bitter?", how totally outrageous are your words! You do not know me, you know only words seen on a computer screen!

I deleted some words that I should not have written in the first place! Sorry about that!

I am really incensed! (not so much now! Laugh!)

But, I also guess that for some reason, I just took your statement to heart!

So, "back to the fray!"

Edited by opuslola - 03-May-2010 at 06:54
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2010 at 19:27

Actually, there is some truth to this.  Oceans do breakdown oil far better than many scientists predicted.  I would not go so far as to say it is natural.

Yes, nature can eventually restore balance, if humans disappeared tomorrow 10000 years from now there wont be a trace of us...

But we are talking about hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil pouring into the Gulf of Mexico destroying the environment and causing massive damage, should we wait decades for the environment to recuperate itself?

Absolutely ridiculous logic.

Liberals dont lie?  Boy, that sounds pretty dogmatic. Of course liberals dont lie, they just "spin" news.  Nobody ever lies.  Are yoyu sure ahteists have higher IQs?

We differentiate ourselves from Conservatives in that we do not lie, or try not to. No respectable liberal or liberal news outlet will lie. As a matter of fact, one thing you'll notice on liberal sites such as Huffington post, etc... is there emphasis on sources and citing their information as well as showing the facts to support their claims.

PBS has advanced leftist dogma for years. They are an example of a dogmatic non profit board of directors spinning news while being completely unaccountable to alienated viewers.

Not true at all. You perceive everything that doesnt fit into your box as being "liberal". I'm sorry, but the truth is, more often than not, "liberal". Its like the Conservatives in Texas you rewrote the textbooks because the facts presented were too "liberal"...what did the head of that council in charge of this say (he is, according to him, a conservative Christian fundamentalist)? He said, and I quote "someone needs to stand up to the experts." Ridiculous...and disgusting.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2010 at 10:23
BP accepts full responsibility for the oil rig disaster:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126468782&ft=1&f=1001

Rush and all the conservatives who have been trying to spread the lie about "leftist sabotage" this past week have been exposed once again for the liars and propagandists that they are...

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 03-May-2010 at 10:23
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2010 at 15:04
Excuse me TGS, but accepting "responsibility" is the "responsible" thing to do, especially when we are speaking about a company with a world wide span! It was what used to be called something a real "adult" should do!

But, I doubt that the word "adult" comes up much in your conversations with your peers? That is, unless it is to demean them!

Regards,
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2010 at 15:55

The 7 Stupidest Statements Made About the BP Gulf Oil Spill

7. Rush Limbaugh: Environmentalists probably blew up the oil rig

6. Rep. Taylor Compares Oil Slick to Chocolate Milk

5. Sarah Palin Promotes Offshore Drilling As Massive Oil Leak Continues

4. Bill Kristol Says Offshore Drilling Should be Brought Closer to Land

3. T. Boone Pickens: "All of that will get cleaned up and we'll be back"

2. Tony Hayward, CEO of BP: "What the hell did we do to deserve this?"

1. Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill is as "Natural as the Ocean Water is."

All the video, audio, and sources are provided within the article:

http://www.alternet.org/water/146709/the_7_stupidest_statements_made_about_the_bp_gulf_oil_spill?page=1

Also, here is a picture that will really show you the extent of this disaster:

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2010 at 15:57
And, "a long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away", TGS wrote;

"Remember, more than half of tea partiers do not have a college education."

Well TGS, that means that "half of the tes partiers" do have one!

Just what percentage of the AFL/CIO has one?   Or what percentage of Democrat voters have one?

What you posted was hate! Pure hate, like most everything else you dump upon this site!

If a college education means anything in politics, please show us the answers to my above questions?

Bunkum!

And; "Your farts do not smell like elderberries!" laugh!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>