Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Globalism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Would you be in favor of a unified, global, state?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [23.08%]
17 [65.38%]
3 [11.54%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globalism
    Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 15:24

Well VoR I'm a globalist yet I'm not a believer. If the profecy is true then all Christians are globalists. But I'm not getting the part with the Antichrist. Is this suppose to mean that the fisrt form of Globalism will be an evil one? And then Jesus will bring balance and instaurate the New Kingdom? Well, in this case I understand why people are reluctant towards globalism. It fits with their fear of the first step.

Anwyay, isn't every abrahamic (at least) religion globalist? What is heaven if not a form of society lead by a global goverment?
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 20:08
Naw, people think that the Antichrist unites the world, he doesn't. His rule is strife full of wars with the east (currently China is growing in power, and Russia saying it's increasing it's military strength). He provides protection to Isreal but the Islamic countries and the eastern ones dont like that. When they eventually attack he fails to come to Isreals aid and then is when (after 3.5 years) he shows his "true side" and desolates the temple and demands to be worshiped as God.

Einstein said, "God does not play dice." He was right. God plays Scrabble. - Philip Gold
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2008 at 19:44
I heard a show last night on www.coasttocoastam.com about George Washington. The guest speaker gave reasons why he would have not only opposed globalism but he would have strongly resisted it. I think you might still be able to find his web site on the coast to coast am home page. Maybe, if interested, you can contact him to get more specifics on this view.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Young Tatar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Young Tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 10:58
Globalism is here for making colonisation,imperialism easier, nowadays. But if globalism become helper for peace, I will support it.
Atatürk says that:
"Cruealty and Imperialism will disappear one day. Instead, age of global peace and solidarity will start. Religious differences, Skin Tone differences and Race differences won't be important."
"Independence and Freedom are my character."
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

-----------------------------
Crimean Tatar Independence Movement
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 12:41
globalisation in terms of economy yes, politically - no.

I prefer regional groups with countries broken down a little further, much more relevant. Example; united/leaner EU with smaller states within it - catalonia, Breton, scotalnd etc.

Anything global will just becomes a tool of the most powerful countries anyway. like the UN 

Edited by Leonidas - 28-Mar-2009 at 12:43
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Young Tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 14:25
Leonidas is right. I totally agree.
But economic is disadvantageous for poor countries, at least just for now.
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 22:24
A united confederation of mankind is the only way we can ensure our survival as a species. While I do not think a union would be advantages at the moment it is both inevitable and necessary.

There are hundreds of ways for Earth to be destroyed in the far future according to modern science, (ex The sun becoming a red giant, the Milky Way colliding with Andromeda) it will take all the resources of mankind to avoid these events if we can even make it that long.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Young Tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 22:35
Donasin, you're right, my man.
"Mankind is a single body and each nations are parts of this body. If a part gets hurt, all parts get hurt."
M. Kemal

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2009 at 18:47
Originally posted by Voice of Reason 
For a true global organization to arise it'd take Earthians (lol) to become part of something bigger, like if we discover intelligent life (or if they discover us) and then becoming part of a galactic fold.
[/QUOTE

lol Some Star Trek thing, I was thinking about that.

Anyways I definately support a more united Earth with governments being more cooperative with each on world issues, such as the envi

lol Some Star Trek thing, I was thinking about that.

Anyways I definately support a more united Earth with governments being more cooperative with each on world issues, such as the environment and poverty. Let's just say a United Nations with more power than it already has.

However I disagree with a single 'world government' because first of all, I don't think countries such as the US, China, Iran, Russia, etc. would give up their independence and fully unite with one another. Also such a govement body will be enormous, with so many politicians and issues to discuss that it would get so disorganized. The potiential for abuse of a government is very big and with so many peoples and cultures (who have often hate one another) the stability of a world government would be very low.
"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234