Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

United States of Europe...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: United States of Europe...?
    Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 22:13
Originally posted by Christ-Knight

Originally posted by Jagiello

I don't understand why christ-knight and deserthistorian talk of hatered between US and EU.In my country we look at EU and US as partners both economical and political.If there should be WW3 i can't imagine the US and EU being enemies.US after all can be considered if not a european country at least a very close to Europe country because it was founded by europeans.I don't think the natives are a big percentage in today's US society.The thread is not US vs. EU ,so lets not a few nationalists turn it into that.

yeah but the Brazilians come from Portugal and we do not like very much each other... The US have few natives because in the past they suffer huge massacres... Alamo for example... I like US people and many other things... I can not stand his government ideas... only that....

The Alamo and Indian massacre! For cyring out loud! Learn your history, fool!
The Alamo was a group of Texans fighting against the Mexicans when Texas was fighting for indepedence from Mexico!

Edit: Have any moderators read Christ-Knights ignorant and bigoted posts?!

Edited by Adalwolf - 18-Apr-2007 at 22:15
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Christ-Knight View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Christ-Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 15:36
Originally posted by Adalwolf

Originally posted by Christ-Knight

I don't understand why christ-knight and deserthistorian talk of hatered between US and EU.In my country we look at EU and US as partners both economical and political.If there should be WW3 i can't imagine the US and EU being enemies.US after all can be considered if not a european country at least a very close to Europe country because it was founded by europeans.I don't think the natives are a big percentage in today's US society.The thread is not US vs. EU ,so lets not a few nationalists turn it into that.

yeah but the Brazilians come from Portugal and we do not like very much each other... The US have few natives because in the past they suffer huge massacres... Alamo for example... I like US people and many other things... I can not stand his government ideas... only that....

The Alamo and Indian massacre! For cyring out loud! Learn your history, fool!
The Alamo was a group of Texans fighting against the Mexicans when Texas was fighting for indepedence from Mexico!

Edit: Have any moderators read Christ-Knights ignorant and bigoted posts?!

yeah with indians in the middle... the US made reservations for indian people... they marked them... just like the nazis made to the jewish people... during the WW2 they tested radioactivity elements in indian childs. now tell me that this is false....

yeah and I am a proudly anti US-government guy.

The Trail of Tears refers to the forced relocation in 1838 of the Cherokee Native American tribe to the Western United States, which resulted in the deaths of an estimated 4,000 Cherokees. In the Cherokee language, the event is called Nunna daul Isunyi"The Trail Where We Cried." The Cherokees were not the only Native Americans forced to emigrate as a result of the Indian Removal efforts of the United States, and so the phrase "Trail of Tears" is sometimes used to refer to similar events endured by other Indian peoples, especially among the "Five Civilized Tribes" of the Creeks, Choctaw, Seminole, Chickasaw and Cherokee.

Now will u gonna tell me that this is false... ??

shut up...
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 18:42
I'm not denying the US did horrible things to the native peopel of North America.

I'm trying to tell you that you obviously don't know as much as you think you do, and that your bigoted posts are pissing me off, and I woudln't doubt breaking some ruel of AE's...
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 19:21
wow, how is any of this Us stuff relevant at all?

A United Europe would have far more potential than the US has at the moment. The Euro is fast becomming the most important currency, taking over from the Dollar, which is fading in its dominance. So I think Europe, economically may start to rival the US in the future, depending obviously on the Far east.

Now as for Muslims in Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4385768.stm

Here we see that 2 nations in Europe have a majority population of Muslims. 1 other nation has a population of Muslims above 10%. ONE nation has between above 6 %. The rest are 5.8% or below.

There is absolutely no evidence that the 'muslims are taking over' any more than the 'blacks are taking over'. It is just Nationalist ramblings. The main issue here is birth rates. For some reason people appear to mistake FRANCE for EUROPE. France is the only nation in Europe that has any chance of becomming a nation with a majority or significant muslim population in the future. It has approx 8% population of Muslims currently, 30% of which is under 25. There is a lot of POTENTIAL for Muslims to increase their population based upon high birth rates, if they were to continue and French birth rates were to continue to decrease. Especially considering the French population is also ageing. This obviously ignores many factors - how many people integrate, how many people keep their faith, how France reacts socially to increasing muslim birth rates, how muslims react to French culture etcetc. I think its unrealistic to believe that Muslims will be a significant proportion of Frances population in the next 25 years. It will balance itself out fairly quickly.

In most European Nations, however, Muslims do not make up a significant section of the population. They do not have this potential. In Britain there is absolutely no chance.

The Islamic Caliphate of Europe is a ridiculous notion and as was said previously, the Spanish Kingdom of North America is far more likely.
Christ-Knight View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Christ-Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 15:48
Originally posted by Ovidius

wow, how is any of this Us stuff relevant at all?

A United Europe would have far more potential than the US has at the moment. The Euro is fast becomming the most important currency, taking over from the Dollar, which is fading in its dominance. So I think Europe, economically may start to rival the US in the future, depending obviously on the Far east.

Now as for Muslims in Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4385768.stm

Here we see that 2 nations in Europe have a majority population of Muslims. 1 other nation has a population of Muslims above 10%. ONE nation has between above 6 %. The rest are 5.8% or below.

There is absolutely no evidence that the 'muslims are taking over' any more than the 'blacks are taking over'. It is just Nationalist ramblings. The main issue here is birth rates. For some reason people appear to mistake FRANCE for EUROPE. France is the only nation in Europe that has any chance of becomming a nation with a majority or significant muslim population in the future. It has approx 8% population of Muslims currently, 30% of which is under 25. There is a lot of POTENTIAL for Muslims to increase their population based upon high birth rates, if they were to continue and French birth rates were to continue to decrease. Especially considering the French population is also ageing. This obviously ignores many factors - how many people integrate, how many people keep their faith, how France reacts socially to increasing muslim birth rates, how muslims react to French culture etcetc. I think its unrealistic to believe that Muslims will be a significant proportion of Frances population in the next 25 years. It will balance itself out fairly quickly.

In most European Nations, however, Muslims do not make up a significant section of the population. They do not have this potential. In Britain there is absolutely no chance.

The Islamic Caliphate of Europe is a ridiculous notion and as was said previously, the Spanish Kingdom of North America is far more likely.

you said everything nowWink! thats what I am trying to explain... everyone attacked my points of view...
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 17:04

Guys ,calm down.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 04:09
Originally posted by konstantinius

Originally posted by Frederick Roger

Absolutely not. I believe Europe should be even more divided, as the current political borders do not satisfy the people living in them. I support all peaceful political movements in Europe, and still believe in an Europe made not of states, but of nations.

A good map of Europe: http://www.e-f-a.org/kaartje.php
I disagree. I find the map higly disturbing. Those EFA folks are either completely unaware of the national sentiments and realities of Europe or the're smoking too much dope. The divisions they suggest are completely unrealistic and directly against the vital national interests of at least half a dozen European countries. I believe that the national identity of modern Europeans has been forged on solid grounds. A series of conflicts in the modern European history are associated with the rise and solidification of a national idea and a strong centralized state. The revolutions that shook Europe during the 19th century were all centered around the idea of a national entity overthrowing the yokes of tyranny (usually that of the Habsburgs). Through that process, the age of Imperialism, and the two WW, modern Europeans have a forged strong national identities that more cohesive than the map suggests.     In other words, I doubt that there is enough nationalistic sentiment in, say, the modern Aragonese to secede from Spain; or Veneto to gain independence from Italy in order to become what, I wonder? And what language will they be speaking? "Venetian"? In my view these "states" would be economically unsustainable and a point of destabilization of their respective areas. What, for example, would an independent Lapland trade for? Lap economy would stand on very "(d)icey" legs. Wouldn't her inherent weakness eventually force Lapland closer to one of its neighbors unbalancing the staus qvo and causing the enmity of the other two? Some, of course, wouldn't let go even if there were serious reasons for sovereignity: after what we've seen in Chechnya, does anyone think that Russia would grant self-rule to Karelia without a major war? War,actually, seems very likely in a number of these disturbing scenarios of political disintegration and armed chaos.     Civil strife and marginalization, as a matter of fact, is the usual outcome of the "balkanization" of Europe this map represents. The policy has been tried before more than once and it has failed. In the medieval past, as soon as the once-mighty Ummayad Caliphate fragmented into the taifa kingdoms, each one fought the other (and the Christians) to extinction. In an interesting contrast, Spain did not go on the offensive untill a unified Galicia, Castille-Leon and (later) Aragon. Numbers are not that bad now, are they? The mess of the ex-Yugoslavia provides the second, modern example. And the situation today in the Balkans is appaling: Intependent Montenegro, "Macedonia", and now, alas, Kosovo. At least the map is dead-on on that one since it shows Kosovo unified with Albania which tells about how 'independent" Kosovo will really be. Watch the barrel ignite again.--Hellenic Macedonia to FYROM? Over who's dead body?--"Savoie"? "Duchy of" I presume?--What is the highlited area between Hungary and Romania if not   either/or?--Conversely Kaliningrad is what if not Polish or Lithuanian?--If Silesia is neither Polish or Czech, then it's definetely German.--I'm sure the Cornish are so full with revolutionary fervor, they're having a hard time digesting their black puddings. Perhaps a cup of English Breakfast tea would help.--NE Cyprus to Turkey on the basis that they speak Turkish (the other ones have been kicked out)? Then the rest of Cyprus should unite with Greece!--One thing I like is the uber-Germany. EFA ratings in Austria and 3/4 of Switzerland must be at an all-time low.--Holy s..., Sicily is the same color with Tunisia, Algeria, and Marocco. EFA are nuts.
If Silesia is neither Polish or Czech, then it's definetely German.

Silesia...Slask will ALWAYS be Polish. The same way Kaszubian is Polish
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 04:20
Where is the majority of KKK? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL unfortunately it has European origins... but the major activity is in US...
Maybe KKK does have european origins, BUT so does everything else in US. So really US or Americans can't really blame anything on Europeans unless they are ready to thank them also for what they have contributed to making America into what it is today.:P
...Also, the KKK actually began from veterans from the American confederate army.
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 04:36
Not only Silesia and kaszubian are deffinetly polish but a lot of other territories that unfortunately are now either belorussian or ukrainian.
human View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 05:38
The first step that must be made, in order to make the US of Europe, is to stop being USA puppets.

As long as there are countries in Europe that support the American interests more than the European..... there is no light ahead......
You Got to Lose to Know How to Win...
ataman View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ataman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 01:31
I live in Wrocław, the capitol of Dolny Śląsk (Lower Silesia). If you are interested in Śląsk/Silesia, I can talk you something from the first hand.
I have never recognized myself as a Silesian (only as the Pole). You should know that Silesia has about 10mln people. And you should know that there was a general census in Poland about 5 years ago. Only about 170.000 people (that is less than 2%) have declared themselves as Silesians. If sombody wants to create any independent Silesian state, it is against over 98% of population of Silesia.

BTW, the whole Poland has only about 3% of national minorities (Silesians are the most numerous one). If there is a country, which has a problem with national minorities, it is not Poland.

Edited by ataman - 29-Apr-2007 at 03:35
DesertHistorian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DesertHistorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 02:42
Yes, most of the founding members were ex-confederate soldiers, but not all.
Also, the KKK went through many incarnations. The first KKK was disbanded about 10 years after if founding. There were two or three more incarnations of the Klan until it was sued out of existence as a national organization after World War II.
What remains now of the KKK are small bands here and there, and they have been very ineffectual for the past 35 years.

Also, at it's peak prior to World War II the majority of members were not from the South, they were from the Northern and Midwest States.

Bringing the Klan up in this discussion is extremely irrelevant, especially in the way it has been presented, as if it were still some sort of national organization with some sort of political power, which it is not.

The Klan has as much effect on the United States today as the Moors have on Portugal and Spain today.

Originally posted by Sarmata

Where is the majority of KKK? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL unfortunately it has European origins... but the major activity is in US...
Maybe KKK does have european origins, BUT so does everything else in US. So really US or Americans can't really blame anything on Europeans unless they are ready to thank them also for what they have contributed to making America into what it is today.:P
...Also, the KKK actually began from veterans from the American confederate army.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 03:24
Yes, it is irrelevant but Im not the one who began posting about them. Only trying to dissuade the idea that KKK is a european invention.
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 03:27

Not only Silesia and kaszubian are deffinetly polish but a lot of other territories that unfortunately are now either belorussian or ukrainian.

"Litwa to dalszy ciag Polski"

"Lwow! - ktorez polskie serce nie drgnie na to miano"

- Jozef Pilsudski
sreenivasarao s View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 04:34

Yes, it is irrelevant  .

We have strayed away from Europe. Let us get back to the question whether Europe could be a model for the future? Whether the European attempt to create a multi-lingual, multi-religious, multi-ethnic, political and economic community will succeed? I can say from my Indian experience, Indian society, to some extent, anticipated Europe by a few decades, in the matter of pluralism in religion, language, culture etc.

Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 09:53

Why unfortunate?  They have as much right to be there as anyone else.
Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 10:33
Originally posted by sreenivasarao s

Yes, it is irrelevant  .

We have strayed away from Europe. Let us get back to the question whether Europe could be a model for the future? Whether the European attempt to create a multi-lingual, multi-religious, multi-ethnic, political and economic community will succeed? I can say from my Indian experience, Indian society, to some extent, anticipated Europe by a few decades, in the matter of pluralism in religion, language, culture etc. 

Yes of course it could but not the way the Commission are going in trying to set up a larger version of any country with all the relatively close controls that implies.

They have to try and develop something far different which leaves much more to the individual countries
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 11:47
Originally posted by sreenivasarao s

Yes, it is irrelevant  .

Yet India is slipping away from that ideal and has done since the beginning. Depending on the region, Muslims are quite often treated unfairly within your system. You also have a fairly unequal culture too - the Rich get it all, the poor get nothing.

I think Europe is a better example of a working economic union than india, basically because it is benefitial to the masses - workers from nearly all sectors.

However, it is the political unity within a federal system that is difficult to found within the european experiment. Basically because Europe gave up on that idea, using the idea of expantionism instead. Probably because it was more profitable to include tiny economic states and reap the benefits from the inequality of the system.
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 13:44
Originally posted by Dan Carkner

Why unfortunate? They have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Who has as much right to be where?The ucranians have right to be on territories that have been polish for centuries or maybe the bellorusians have right over a land where never in history such a country existed?
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 15:44

Originally posted by Dan Carkner

Why unfortunate?  They have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Who has as much right to be where?The ucranians have right to be on territories that have been polish for centuries or maybe the bellorusians have right over a land where never in history such a country existed?

The same can be said about Polish land. E.g. Silesia was more time German than Polish. Ucrainian have a right to their territories the same as we have to ours. The same goes with Belarous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>