Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIslamic Entitlement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Entitlement
    Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 07:28
Originally posted by Mira

Originally posted by gcle2003

Not the same situation at all. Muslims are the ones claiming to be insulted and going on about honour and stuff, not the other way around.

Moreover other countries pay for the oil they buy, they don't accept it as charity.

Oh, and guess what, countries accepting American and European foreign aid have to do things in return. 

Factually, that's largely true of US aid, which tends to have strings attached in bilateral deals, but not so much of European aid.

But you're still evading the issue. If you're so offended, why take the money?

A Middle Eastern example is Egypt   The "We feel sorry for them" excuse can't be digested.  First hand experience proves otherwise.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 13:03
If we're going to talk about money, then I believe the European aid can be seen as compensation for the years of colonialism that exploited natural resources and bankrupted the countries accepting these aids today.

Giving foreign aid doesn't mean you can offend people while doing so.  Try offending the Jewish nation if you can, eh?

People can live without your aid, you know.  Like all other nations, you too are not indispensable.
Loknar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 23:59

If we're going to talk about money, then I believe the European aid can be seen as compensation for the years of colonialism that exploited natural resources and bankrupted the countries accepting these aids today.

Giving foreign aid doesn't mean you can offend people while doing so. Try offending the Jewish nation if you can, eh?

People can live without your aid, you know. Like all other nations, you too are not indispensable.

No why should Europe give money for its past? Why dont you give Spain compensation for invading Europe? Why dont you give the Persians aid for invading their nation? Why dont you compensate all of North Africa too?

Sure, people can live with out our aid, so why do we give it? I mean, Egypt and Saudi Arabia could build their own M1A2 tanks. I honestly dont want to give poor nations aid, nor do I want to give a drop to the middle east.

And I would love for the East to form a counter-bloc headed by a rising superpower like China. You seem to be out of touch with reality, Loknar. You are dependent on our oil, and that is a fact you have to accept. Whether you have other sources of oil, you are still very much dependent on Middle East resources, that you are willing to send your troops to die for it in Iraq.

I would rather China do this as well, so we would all wake up and see that they are enemies of the west.

Oh, and by the way, the Middle East has always had a rich abundance of natural resources. How else do you think that our civilizations lasted until the early decades of the past century? And what would bring the colonial powers to the Middle East if the only thing we have is oil? We also have 32% of the world's known natural gas reserves, and Morocco alone has more than half of the world's reserves of phosphate.

Yes resources that arent oil. Natural gas is very important, which makes me think we should continue protecting the mid east.

Now I'm tempted to ask you this, Loknar: Are you demonstrating personal ignorance of the Middle East, or is this something you were taught by your failing schooling systems?

You act as if this is a 1 way street. Where would you have gotten your development with out the west's money? The UAE was just build 50 years ago, and who built it on whose money? My guess is it was British.

Saudi Arabia would be a crap can if we went drilling their (and finding it btw, they sure didnt find it, we did) oil. Who would give you any money if we didnt buy your oil? The fact is, Arabia except for the UAE, will become unimportant in the future when we move on from oil. America however will survive.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 02:49

In such case only France and Britain (maybe Italy and Spain - ???) would be obligued to do that (at least rgarding Arab countries). Why should Sweden or Denmark pay for the French occupation of Algeria and Syria? Why should Germany pay for the British colonization of Iraq and Sudan?

Anyhow, don't mix one thing with the other: is it recieving aid a reason to start insulting threatening the donors. Because, believe it or not, the offended (and agreded) party in all this stupid affair is Denmark and those among us who love freedom.

It's like smashing someone with a steel bar and then asking him to apologize. You're very wrong. You're going to eat that steel bar without any spices.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 03:16
I want some money from Turkey for 500 hundreads years of Romania occupation.
Mira's logic.
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 04:17

huh!!  i wonder why those who accept european aid accept it form the first place? oh yes "international relations" members of the UN and stuff.

no one is obligated to send "aid" and those countries who are weak and in need for these aid are sometimes Obligated to take "aid" for the good of their people.

and loknar buying your weapons to fight each other isnt Aid its buying and selling. so far the US as per Israeli logic is backstabbing the jews by selling weapons to the Arabs and at the same time selling (or giving) weapons to Israel.

i guess they are thinking "as long as its a good money making business why the hell not?"

and its pathatic to aid someone and insult or provoke him at the same time and expect him to shut up because " we give you aid a****l so shut up and let us insult you as we wish".

also there is no such thing as "good deeds" in international relations, its like our Aid is like a bribe for other things now or in the Future. every pinny is recorded. nothing totally for free.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 05:58
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

And one can't help wondering, similarily, why those who offend Muslims don't stop using their oil.

Then the Mid East can corner the market on sand. 

Booya! Yes, the Middle East can get the monopoly on sand. Now well see where your technology gets you!
I'm sorry, you want to build a laser guided bomb. Well that needs transistors, and transistors need P-type and N-type semiconductors. And semi-conductors need silicon, and silicon.....
....is made from sand.

So giving the middle east a monopoly on sand exports would be a very good idea.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 06:50
Mira wrote:
" If we're going to talk about money, then I believe the European aid can be seen as compensation for the years of colonialism that exploited natural resources and bankrupted the countries accepting these aids today."
there is 2 levels of exploiting in the M/East. Westerners and those fat arse royals in the gulf states who profit from this 'western' system as much as the west.

They think its their god given right to sell the oil as if its their own, you want to deal with the country saudi arabia you learn the house of Saud is saudi arabia .

If you seek justice, mira then start in arabia-istan, the money made on the interest of their swiss bonds* alone is so great they simply dont know what to do with it all, does 10% go to poor muslim familes? NO

*heresay from a swiss banker i once went to school with

Edited by Leonidas
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 08:00
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by pikeshot1600

And one can't help wondering, similarily, why those who offend Muslims don't stop using their oil.

Then the Mid East can corner the market on sand. 

Booya! Yes, the Middle East can get the monopoly on sand. Now well see where your technology gets you!
I'm sorry, you want to build a laser guided bomb. Well that needs transistors, and transistors need P-type and N-type semiconductors. And semi-conductors need silicon, and silicon.....
....is made from sand.

So giving the middle east a monopoly on sand exports would be a very good idea.

That is one of the most ridiculous in-your-face comments yet. 

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 08:01

Originally posted by Richard XIII

I want some money from Turkey for 500 hundreads years of Romania occupation.
Mira's logic.

Ever notice that logic is a rare commodity here?

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 08:22

Originally posted by Leonidas

If you seek justice, mira then start in arabia-istan, the money made on the interest of their swiss bonds* alone

Hmmm...what was that about forbidding charging and receiving interest?

is so great they simply dont know what to do with it all, does 10% go to poor muslim familes? NO

Some people are missing my original point. I'm certainly not claiming that giving aid to people entitles you to denigrate or offend them.

However, I do think that if you believe people to have insulted and offended you then, honourably, you should refuse to take their money.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 11:43
Originally posted by Loknar

No why should Europe give money for its past? Why dont you give Spain compensation for invading Europe? Why dont you give the Persians aid for invading their nation? Why dont you compensate all of North Africa too?

Oh, excuse me, so now it's become a 'past'?  The Holocaust don't seem to fall in that category for some reason, no?  So how do you classify what's "past" and what's not so in the "past"?

Sure, people can live with out our aid, so why do we give it? I mean, Egypt and Saudi Arabia could build their own M1A2 tanks. I honestly dont want to give poor nations aid, nor do I want to give a drop to the middle east.

Saudi Arabia is not receiving foreign aid for anything.  As for Egypt, its government is a puppet for the West, and that's the reason it's receiving aid.

You're not the only one giving out aid to foreign countries.  I'm sure you received a lot from the Gulf states after Katrina.  Selective amnesia?

Yes resources that arent oil. Natural gas is very important, which makes me think we should continue protecting the mid east.

Lol, I thought you said you didn't need us?

You act as if this is a 1 way street. Where would you have gotten your development with out the west's money? The UAE was just build 50 years ago, and who built it on whose money? My guess is it was British.

Lol, the UAE was built 50 years ago?  Where'd you get that from!  The UAE is a 35 year old state.  Your demonstration of ignorance is hilarious.  Keep going!

I'm sorry I will have to disagree with you.  The UAE was built by the neighboring Gulf state of Kuwait.  Our hospitals and schools were all built by the Kuwaitis.  And your guess regarding the British building the country is wrong, I'm afraid.

Saudi Arabia would be a crap can if we went drilling their (and finding it btw, they sure didnt find it, we did) oil. Who would give you any money if we didnt buy your oil? The fact is, Arabia except for the UAE, will become unimportant in the future when we move on from oil. America however will survive.

Look at the chair you're sitting on, and all the stuff you own.  Can you list the stuff that is locally made?  You basically live on Chinese imports.  What are you talking about?

You simply couldn't have progressed yourself without our oil.  If you didn't buy our oil, there would be no use for all the expensive cars you make in the West.

You may ask any of your "experts" about this, or do your own research; the US consumes more oil per capita than any country in the world.  We would have survived selling our oil to the East, just like we survived even before the oil.  We have ports here and open seas; trade is a big thing in this part of the world. 

I thought you'd like to read this little bit of fact:

"Production of pesticides and fertilizers needed to sustain crop yields rely on large quantities of chemicals derived from petroleum. And Stanford University's Amos Nur says China and the United States could "slide into a military conflict" over oil."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2005-10-16-o il-1a-cover-usat_x.htm

Before making an unrealistic argument, Loknar, you need to get rid of all your industries that rely on petroleum imports.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 11:55
Originally posted by Maju

In such case only France and Britain (maybe Italy and Spain - ???) would be obligued to do that (at least rgarding Arab countries). Why should Sweden or Denmark pay for the French occupation of Algeria and Syria? Why should Germany pay for the British colonization of Iraq and Sudan?

Anyhow, don't mix one thing with the other: is it recieving aid a reason to start insulting threatening the donors. Because, believe it or not, the offended (and agreded) party in all this stupid affair is Denmark and those among us who love freedom.

It's like smashing someone with a steel bar and then asking him to apologize. You're very wrong. You're going to eat that steel bar without any spices.

You might be disappointed to hear that only five countries in the Middle East receive foreign aid, and they are not poor countries, except for one.  The real poor countries in the Middle East are receiving nothing.  Care to explain why?

My country doesn't receive any foreign aid, so if I get offended by Denmark, I have all the right to express that.  Same applies to most Middle Eastern countries, don't you think?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 11:58
Originally posted by Leonidas

Mira wrote:
" If we're going to talk about money, then I believe the European aid can be seen as compensation for the years of colonialism that exploited natural resources and bankrupted the countries accepting these aids today."
there is 2 levels of exploiting in the M/East. Westerners and those fat arse royals in the gulf states who profit from this 'western' system as much as the west.

They think its their god given right to sell the oil as if its their own, you want to deal with the country saudi arabia you learn the house of Saud is saudi arabia .

If you seek justice, mira then start in arabia-istan, the money made on the interest of their swiss bonds* alone is so great they simply dont know what to do with it all, does 10% go to poor muslim familes? NO

Agreed.

But I'm not from Saudi Arabia, I cannot speak for them.  If the oppressive Saudi regime is still in there, it's only thanks to its Western allies, who supposedly want to promote "democracy" in the Middle East by supporting such governments.
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 12:01

However, I do think that if you believe people to have insulted and offended you then, honourably, you should refuse to take their money.

Please read my response above:  Only five countries in the Middle East receive foreign aid, and I highly doubt they receive anything from Denmark (but I'm just going to assume they do for the sake of the argument.)  What about the other countries?  I think the rest of us have the right to "honorably" express our anger at the Danish offence.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 13:12

Please read my response above:  Only five countries in the Middle East receive foreign aid, and I highly doubt they receive anything from Denmark (but I'm just going to assume they do for the sake of the argument.)  What about the other countries?  I think the rest of us have the right to "honorably" express our anger at the Danish offence.

Of course you have. I've never denied it.

All I'm saying, again, is that if you think people have insulted you and offended you then you shouldn't accept money from them. The UAE doesn't, so fine. Iran, Egypt and Palestine do (I don't know who the other two countries are, though I guess I could look it up), so either they should not complain or they should not take the money. Either would be OK.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 13:42
Lol, where'd you get that from?  Iran does not receive foreign aid.  As far as I remember, Iran welcomed foreign aid after the quake, but that's it.

Most of the Middle East does not receive foreign aid, so what do you say about that?  As for not complaining:  Egypt was asked by Danish Muslims to take a "stance" against the provocation.  Even the reaction demanded came from the West.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 14:38

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/trade/files/98-916.pdf

If you scroll down to the top of page 14 you'll find a pie graph that demonstrates the distribution of foreign aid. Theres one representing 1994 and another representing 2004. The middle-east is the majority in both.

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 14:47
Originally posted by arch.buff

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/trade/files/98-916.pdf

If you scroll down to the top of page 14 you'll find a pie graph that demonstrates the distribution of foreign aid. Theres one representing 1994 and another representing 2004. The middle-east is the majority in both.

Lol, you serious?

It says "economic aid" to Israel and Turkey.  Israel is not Arab/Muslim, and Turkey is not Middle East, it's Europe.

The pie graph makes no mention of what countries in the Middle East.  I don't care how much aid they receive, they're only 5 countries with puppet governments.

Do you read your sources before posting them?
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 14:48
Oh, and they're not poor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>