Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great heroes of other countries that we know

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
majkes1 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote majkes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great heroes of other countries that we know
    Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:06

Marie Curie - France?

She was Polish for God sake. What do they teach You in schools?! I think I will start a topic about this. Falsifications of history by Americans

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:08

superman, batman, spiderman - USA

Ultraman, Inspector gaban, cybercop - Japan...

tht's all i know... honestly....

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:21
Originally posted by majkes1

Marie Curie - France?

She was Polish for God sake. What do they teach You in schools?! I think I will start a topic about this. Falsifications of history by Americans

whoops, sorry bud, I had no time to look up her ethnicity. "Curie" sounded French so I put French. Note that I put a question mark

Thanks for pointing that out.
majkes1 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote majkes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 16:09

whoops, sorry bud, I had no time to look up her ethnicity. "Curie" sounded French so I put French. Note that I put a question mark

Ok, not a problem. Her husband was French that's why she has french surname. Her full name is Maria Curie Sklodowska.

Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 18:08

Ok, not a problem. Her husband was French that's why she has french surname. Her full name is Maria Curie Sklodowska.

If she was in poland she wouldn't have discovered anything. Her husband did a lot of the research and she studied in France in french institution and she was french since she later acquired the french nationality. Had she lived in Poland she would have barely been literrate. All her and her husbands works were based on Becquerel. As such Curie is to always  be associated with France rather than Poland. She was just Polish in origin but french by education and later by nationality.

That's why Marie Curie = France in any history book so you are the one deforming history.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 18:17

For once I find myself agreeing with Quetzal.

Originally posted by mamikon

Niels Bohr - Germany?

Denmark.

SaikhaNBayar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote SaikhaNBayar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 01:16

Mongolia: Chinggis khaan,   Sukhbaatar (Revolutionist - Independence from Manju Qin empire in 1921)

Edited by SaikhaNBayar
The 800th Anniversary of the Great Mongolian State. 2006
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 06:58
Southern United States - General Robert E. Lee (not many people like him that much today, but still, some people like him)

D.C. View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote D.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 08:02
Italy- Giuseppe Garibaldi
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 12:01

Czechia- Alphonse Mucha

Theophos View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Theophos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 12:04

Spain - St. Francis Xavier, jesuit missionary in Asia

Portugal - Antnio Vieira, jesuit priest responsible for the protection of many native indians against the portuguese colonial slavery machine

"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
--John 14:6
majkes1 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote majkes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 16:11

If she was in poland she wouldn't have discovered anything. Her husband did a lot of the research and she studied in France in french institution and she was french since she later acquired the french nationality. Had she lived in Poland she would have barely been literrate. All her and her husbands works were based on Becquerel. As such Curie is to always  be associated with France rather than Poland. She was just Polish in origin but french by education and later by nationality.

That's why Marie Curie = France in any history book so you are the one deforming history.

When someone has both parents Polish and lived in Poland till 24 he is polish no matter what someone is saying. And we don't talk about her husband. Poland wasn't on the maps of Europe and that's why she escaped. She is French only in French historical books or maybe you read all books about Maria Curie. She acquired french citizenship. You can't acquire nationality. Maybe French can suddenly become Turkish. Other people can't. So please stop saying nonsense.

Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 17:38
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl

whoops, sorry bud, I had no time to look up her ethnicity. "Curie" sounded French so I put French. Note that I put a question mark Thanks for pointing that out.

If she was in poland she wouldn't have discovered anything. Her husband did a lot of the research and she studied in France in french institution and she was french since she later acquired the french nationality. Had she lived in Poland she would have barely been literrate. All her and her husbands works were based on Becquerel. As such Curie is to always be associated with France rather than Poland. She was just Polish in origin but french by education and later by nationality.

Because she was educated in Poland you automatically say she would be barely literate? you must think Polish people are stupid or something, let me educate your ignorance. Because of the situation in Poland, the January uprising, Russian authorities had a very anti-Polish sentiment; Marie was not allowed admission to any universities within the Russian Empire. Finally she went to Paris where she became the first woman to teach at Sorbonne (why havent any other French ladies taught there? How is it that some Polish woman became the first woman to teach at the University of Paris?). She also studied Physics and Chemistry there, and also eventually found her husband. As you can recall one of the elements she discovered was named Polonium, you can guess why, no its not a tribute to Fance or Paris, keep guessing. Pierre Curie was french Im not taking anything away fromt hat dude, but Marie SKLODOWSKA-Curie was Polish.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 17:51

Maria Skodowska - Curie was of noble Polish familly . "Doega" coat of arms.

Majkes1! Reading your posts is irrating. When will you start using [ quote ] [ /quote ]?

Edited by Mosquito
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 20:06
Spain- Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar(El Cid)

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 14:37

Professor Abdus Salam

1926-1996

First Muslim to be awarded the Nobel Prize

Professor Abdus Salam was a Pakistani physicist, after attending Government College at Lahore; he received a Ph.D. from Cambridge (1952). He taught in Lahore for three years before returning to England, first teaching mathematics at Cambridge (195457), then moving to Imperial College in London, where he became a professor of theoretical physics. In the early 1960s he developed a theory to explain some behavior of the weak interactions of elementary particles.

For this work, in 1979 he shared the Nobel Prize in Physics with Steven Weinberg and Sheldon Glashow. To support Third World scientists and scientific research, Salam founded what is now the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics in 1964 and the Third World Academy of Sciences in 1983 (both in Trieste, Italy). He headed the International Center until his death.

During the early 1970s Salam played a very significant role in starting Pakistan's Atomic Energy Commission and Suparco - country's space agency.

Prof. Salam was a firm believer that "scientific thought is the common heritage of mankind", and that developing nations needed to help themselves and invest into their own scientists to boost development and fill the gap between the rich North and the poor South of the planet, thus contributing to a more peaceful world.

Salam died in Oxford in 1996, after a long illness. He was buried in Rabwah, Pakistan (without any official protocol) where he was born.

General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 18:35

When someone has both parents Polish and lived in Poland till 24 he is polish no matter what someone is saying. And we don't talk about her husband. Poland wasn't on the maps of Europe and that's why she escaped. She is French only in French historical books or maybe you read all books about Maria Curie. She acquired french citizenship. You can't acquire nationality. Maybe French can suddenly become Turkish. Other people can't. So please stop saying nonsense.

To start with why don't you try to learn to use quotes like everyone here. It isn't hard to figure it out.

It was not just Marie Curie that discovered the radioactive emission and their characteristics; it was the work of a group of French people that led to the breakthrough. To start  with, the Curies research was based on Becquerel discoveries (who discovered  radioactivity and he shared the Nobel Prize with the Curies, that's why the unit of radioactivity is the Becquerel) and Marie was taught about radioactivity in French institutions. If she was in Poland she would have amounted to nothing, and sooner or later the discovery would have been made by another person in France. No one is claiming she wasn't polish, but her discoveries are to be associated with France not Poland. Is that clear? Just like they are in all physics books and history books I know. It is only deluded Polish that claims otherwise. You aren't taking anything from the glory of France, not to give them to Poles.

Anyway what had a Polish or any other person ever discovered in Poland?

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 18:46
Copernicus was Polish...

Edited by mamikon
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 18:47

From the perspective of an Australian of French origin, I would say France's greatest heroes as viewed from overseas are Joan of Arc, Martel, Robespierre, Charlemagne, Turenne, Vauban, the Sun king, D'Artagnan, Bayard, Guillaume the conqueror (aka William), Vercingetorix, Napoleon, Tourville, Jean-Bart, Jean moulin...Only military heroes are worth considering the rest aren't heroes no matter their achievements.

General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 18:49

Originally posted by mamikon

Copernicus was Polish...

Yea did he make his dsicovery in Poland? Of Course not, he went to Italy.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>