Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arabic coins found in Gotland!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arabic coins found in Gotland!
    Posted: 01-Feb-2014 at 05:13
I think you will find actual invasions! Roma itself was reported sacked by the Saracens as was the South of France and even into present day Switzerland! The remains of them still exist today@

At least that is what our modern history tells us!!

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2014 at 18:03
Originally posted by opuslola

I think you will find actual invasions! Roma itself was reported sacked by the Saracens as was the South of France and even into present day Switzerland! The remains of them still exist today@

At least that is what our modern history tells us!!

Ron

Ron: Let's split hairs here, raids and then withdrawal, or invasions and settlement?

Everybody and his dog was raiding neighbouring countries back in those days, but few stayed to have any great influence on the original population.

(By using the term "days" I obviously don't know what days, because, according to Fomenko, whatever dates I may specify would be questioned).
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2014 at 18:04
I think there exists "somewhere" evidence of "occupation!" Certainly S. Italy was invaded and settled by Moslems.

Please realize; just how did the Jewish people occupy and settle along the N. Med Coast? Was it just because they were just "needed" by the locals for "Loans?"?

Perhaps the differences between Moslems and Jews and Christians was "less" a few hundred years ago? Remember that two of then had "Holy Stones" from the hand of God! Smile

And as well there exist etchings or drawings, etc. that show the Crescent projecting into the sky from the top of churches in Italy and Sicily especially! Yes! Indeed there was either some "occupation" of various places or the "conversion" rate was very high? smile

Even in Switzerland it seems some "occupation" occurred and flourished for many centuries. Names of places and peoples still bear the mark of it! The area around Sion, is prime for a search.

I think this diversion from the original topic of this particular thread needs its own site.

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 03-Feb-2014 at 18:22
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2014 at 18:32
And, I agree anything with Arabic looking script upon it does not trace it to Arabia proper, but merely to places who used the Arabic script as either the first or second script of the kingdom, etc.!

It is funny that "occupation" monies are most oft called "script!"

Perhaps those warrior based societies of the Northlands who leased their warrior spirits out to the "highest bidder" also kept their share of the plunder, and eventually returned to their home land with this wealth? Actually we know that some did!

But just why was a large part of this coinage plunder placed within just one small island?

Regards, Ron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123