Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Sounding Language

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Russian
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [1.67%]
2 [3.33%]
2 [3.33%]
6 [10.00%]
11 [18.33%]
21 [35.00%]
3 [5.00%]
14 [23.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Sounding Language
    Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 20:52
Spanish, singing in that language sounds so beautiful.
"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 22:00
I say Spanglish! I'll have my Nana recite a few words for ya, but then you'll have to throw out the trash and mow the lawn!!LOL
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2006 at 00:57
Old Norse or German.

Chinese sounds really nasal to me and feminine.     
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2006 at 01:01
where's GREEK!!??
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2006 at 12:36
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Originally posted by The Hidden Face

English, with texas accent.

It is kind of funny that you mention that, because in America(not the South, of course), if you want to make a person sound stupid, you give them a Texas accent.

I like the Virginian Southern accent. It is so aristocratic and masculine.
The best example is to watch the movies "Gettysburg", "God and General".  Basically all of the Confederate Generals spoke in this type of accent.

Edited by Killabee - 15-Sep-2006 at 14:03
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 06:55
Everyone will like their native language.For me french is the best sounding language.German and Turkish are a little bit unpleasant.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:35

French and Turkish (spoken by the girls).   
Either make a history or become a history.
Ellin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Ellin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 07:55

It was always "French" for me, until I went to Greece and fell in love
with the way the Greeks spoke over there...

Since then, French sounds a bit more strong and guttural in comparison.

so, since I can't vote for Greece Angry lol, and since Italian, which is another goodie, ain't there.. Angry

i'm going to have to say Francais!

Turkish ain't that bad either.

Sirona View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sirona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 09:15
Greek wasn't on the list, neither was Russian, or Welsh. I think Russian sounds amazing, at least to me. Welsh is a very interesting language to listen to, though, of course I don't understand a word (okay, so I know like five words.) I also like the standard British English.

Anyway, since my favorites were not listed, I voted for French. About half my family speaks it, and I am probably biased, but there you go.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 09:59
I voted for French, but to me is Persian very well sounding, it is like French. Have anyone ever heared a girl speacking Persian?EmbarrassedHeart
Sirona View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Sirona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 10:06
Actually yes, I should have mentioned it! I heard a lot of Persian and Dari being spoken (which by what I understand is a dialect of Persian) and it was really flowing. Persian is also a very, very rich language with an amazing history.
Pity it wasn't on the list.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 00:11
Originally posted by Majkes

Originally posted by Zagros

The beauty of Argentinian is that it is Spanish in an Italian accent which sounds super coolio.

I've heard that Colombian is most beautifull Spanish.
[/QUOTE]

In my oppinion, the best sounding Spanish is Peruvian and/or Bolivian.
Now, some critics to fellow Hispanics:

The Spanish of the Spaniards is so rude and low-class sounding we don't usually accept translations of American movies with doublings in Spain. Seeing Batman with Spaniard accent is really ridiculous. Instead of Batman it look like we are seeing Sancho Panza in action.

Caribbean and Central American Spanish have too much Salsa on it. Cubans, in particular, seem to "eat" lots of consonants. It sounds too "Caribbean" for our taste.

Mexican Spanish is really ridiculous. Sorry Mexican friends.

Venezuelan Spanish sound like Chavez. Big smile

Argentineans, well, they are unique LOL. They even have their own grammar.

In Chile we speak with too many slangs; actually almost all our expresions are pre-build slangs. And is a Spanish that sounds very rude. The equivalent of "Chilean" in English is the way Australians speak English.

That's why I believe the best Spanish is talked in Peru and/or Bolivia, and perhaps in Colombia as well. For some reasons those guys speak clearly and carefully.

Pinguin.

Edited by pinguin - 04-Oct-2006 at 00:12
Barbarroja View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Barbarroja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 09:36
Here, in Spain, it's the opposite, when i see a film translated in South America it sounds very extrange and they use a peculiar vocabulary with too much English influence.

I think Argentinian accent is very sweet, but i like more the Portuguese and Italian accent, both languages sound better.
I'm sorry but my English is not very good. I'm from Vila-real (Valencia, Spain)
Turkali View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Turkali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 05:11
French. Are you serious by choosing Indian for a choise. Honestly Indian language and accent is one of the crapies .

Edited by Turkali - 07-Oct-2006 at 05:12
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 10:59
Nobody wants to Listen Trkic French i think :D:D:D Because we can not prononce a lot of things...
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 23:50

I am a Spanish speaker, and I do agree Spanish is a language "designed" for singing. For some reason both Italian and Spanish seem to match well with music, particularly with the operatic styles of popular songs. Portuguese and French, although not phonetic like the previous ones, also sound well in music. These four languages are closely related and are derivations of ancient Roman Latin.

Now, for simple speach or to talk to a lady, I believe French is the best sounding language in the planet. The pronounciation is so sweet and stylish, that many people recognize that. However, the grammar and many words are so ackward and obsolete that I wonder how modern people have not changed that.

The germanic languages of Northern Europe have a more rude pronounciation. However, some artists like Mozart have produced wonderful music song in German! Listen to the Magic Flute, for instance.

English is the softer of the Germanic languages, I believe, and it does not sound bad in singing. However, it requires a lot of effort of the poets to make it sound fine. In phonetic languages, like Spanish, Italian, Japanese or Mapudungun (Chilean Indian), language simply follow music.

The opinion about languages of Charles V, is perhaps the most amazing. He used to say: "I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to the women, French to men, and German to my horse".

Another fanatic of Spanish was American science fiction writer Robert Heinlein, who once said:

"Robert Heinlein, in Friday:
French is quite suited to lyric poetry, more so than is English - it takes Edgar Allen Poe to wring beauty consistently out of dissonances in English. German is unsuited to lyricism, so much so that translations fall sweeter on the ear than do German originals. This is no fault of Goethe or Heine; it is a defect of an ugly language. Spanish is so musical that a soap-powder commercial in Spanish is more pleasing to the ear than the best free verse in English - the Spanish language is so beautiful that much of its poetry sounds best if the listener does not understand the meaning."
Hasta pronto Wink

Pinguin

shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2006 at 15:29
Umm... its a shame persian isnt in this list I also like Turkish and the Lebanese arabic :)
Iran parast
Turkali View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Turkali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2006 at 15:59
Turkic language is the best for me. Italian, japonese and serbian are cool too.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 19:52
Originally posted by pinguin

English is the softer of the Germanic languages, I believe, and it does not sound bad in singing. However, it requires a lot of effort of the poets to make it sound fine. In phonetic languages, like Spanish, Italian, Japanese or Mapudungun (Chilean Indian), language simply follow music.

For me isn't bad or rude, but cold. But contrary of you, i think that the english is better for sing, at least modern music, at the moment that this idiom is direct, i don't know which is the word... you know that we spanish speakers need a lot of more words than the anglo speakers when we want to say the same thing, so our phrases lose power. Of course we get other advantages (expresivity, variety of emotions, accuracy...) but for the music is very important short sentences with force. Curiously, this don't rule for the metal music, because our friends think that the spanish heavy is strongest than the english Question Like i said before, the proof is the succes of many spanish hard rock or heavy metal groups in Europe.
Gun Powder Ma View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Gun Powder Ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 21:31
French sounds like gay.
Chinese with its chronically short syllables sounds like a machine gun.
Spanish sounds like chain smoking.
German sounds too harsh.
Dutch sounds like German for babies.
Portuguese sounds like a hilarious mix of French and Spanish.
American English sounds like chewing gum.
Japanese sounds only good with English or German accent.
Arab sounds like sawing wood.
African languages - who cares?
Asian languages - dito.

Hence, it must be Italian. Wonderful melody, masculine with men and female with women. Multo bene. Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>