Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran Iraq war, Which country lost more ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran Iraq war, Which country lost more ?
    Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 22:27

the fact is that everyone in the world knew that iran would have crushed iraq.

the USA knew, western europe knew it, the USSR knew it.

when iran pushed iraq back after 2 years and then proceeded into iraq itself, the rest of the world got worried.

iraq was about to collapse, so the west and the USSR started helping iraq militarily, financially, logistically, etc....

iraq would have lost but in order to keep the balance of power in the Persian Gulf region they helped iraq.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Laelius View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 22:47
yes but you disregard the help Iran recieved in the first two years...
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2006 at 23:17

Originally posted by Laelius

yes but you disregard the help Iran recieved in the first two years...

what? pst. the 15 million dollars worth of guns the USA gave us. what BS is that?

yea, a lot of help iran got. 15 million dollars, ONCE, compared to the billions iraq got in logistics, technology, military equipment, funding, etc...

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Maljkovic View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Maljkovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 18:12
It was a bit before my time, but didn't USSR support Iran?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 18:41

No, not really. They supported Iraq much much much much mcuh much more, all they did was sell us kalashnakovs.

I remember propaganda pictures from teh time showed Iranian soldiers wmarching over three flags, British, American and USSR.

Renegade View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Renegade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 18:50
Originally posted by Maljkovic

It was a bit before my time, but didn't USSR support Iran?

Yeah I thought that before too.
"I kill a few so that many may live."

- Sam Fisher
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 19:34

nope, one of teh most famous chants during the revolution was " we dont want the west, we dont want the north (USSR), all we want is islam"

no one helped iran, why cant you guys admit that.

for iranians, we have already fought WWIII.

Edited by Iranian41ife
Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 19:53
you stole my idea for signature Iranianforlife.
you will receive a court notice soon. the judgement day is near.

Edited by Prince of Persia 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12