Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Death of Intellect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Death of Intellect
    Posted: 09-Dec-2009 at 10:24
Another thing to consider? Just how many times have we all seen on sites such as this one, some person make a post like this; "Please tell me about George Washington?", etc.? Sometimes the question is even written in incorrect English! Now, unless these posts are made by someone who likes to play with our minds, we must consider that somewhere their is someone (usually I consider them young people) sitting before a computer, with a "Google" search feature, and asking people like us to perform a "Google search" for them!!!!

Ye Gads!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Gerry57 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gerry57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2009 at 11:55
It seems to me the age of insight and intellect has come and gone to some extend. I'm in no position to exactly say why! I do believe a piece of the corner stone lies in the substandard level of education we now have in our country.If you look and realize we are no longer making leaders in science, math, and creativity. The multi-national companies prefer to have our country educate people to become an third world manufacturing country,Then one can see why we have seen
"The Death of Intellect"
Gerry O'Brien
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12