Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAll races must respect and love eachother

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: All races must respect and love eachother
    Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 07:18
Originally posted by Mr. K.

Race is a stupid concept anyway.

Yes, but ethnicity is pretty useful and real. We have a collection of locked topics where members of an ethnicity attack others or demand the recognition of past human rights atrocities.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 07:32
Originally posted by pinguin

History must be objective.

Racism or PC has nothing to do with it.

My oppinion.

Maybe you are aware of this, but PC is often a code word that American bigots use to complain about how it is socially unacceptable to make public their racist statements.

And I will disagree. Ethnicity has a lot to do with history. For whatever reason it is very uncomfortable for people to be even able to talk about it, but the reality is there.

When we are at peace it is called social classes or a caste system. When the debate gets heated, if the group becomes radicalized, it is called nationalism.

Ethnicity is so real that today we have the Norwegian country, which for centuries lived under the rule of Denmark and then Sweden, yet it never lost its national identity.

Or we have Eire, Ireland, another ethnic that was ruled by the English for centuries yet maintained their ethnic identity. And the Ulster Scots have also retained their ethnic identity to this day, and the failure to respect and live in harmony had disastrous consequences in Northern Ireland.

Spain today is a series of autonomous regions roughly divided by ethnicity, many which have had a long desire to be fully independent from the country.

And so on and so on.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 09:06

There's an old german saying:

Und willst Du mein Freund nicht sein,
dann schlag ich Dir die fresse ein.

If you don't want to be my friend
i will hit you right on the kisser.

Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 09:18
There are no races! All the peoples are equal!
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 23:26
All people are equal until the race is run, then we down to down what always has been done, sort out the winners from the losers!
elenos
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 00:18
Please elenos explain what that means
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2007 at 01:42
I took the word race to mean a running race where everybody competes against each other to be the winner. There can be only be a few winners if we live life in ways where we are opposed to each other and that makes all the rest of us as the losers.
elenos
Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 01:57
Thats pretty deep elenos

But please elaborate
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 02:51
I already did elaborate! What answer are you looking for here? We are all part of the race to succeed in the world and make our mark, but some are way further ahead than others. I'm sure I  was born to be rich, powerful and good looking but never mind, success didn't happen and I'm just the ordinary poor guy in an increasingly expensive world.
elenos
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 02:59
Originally posted by elenos

I already did elaborate! What answer are you looking for here? We are all part of the race to succeed in the world and make our mark, but some are way further ahead than others. I'm sure I  was born to be rich, powerful and good looking but never mind, success didn't happen and I'm just the ordinary poor guy in an increasingly expensive world.

Fairly much bollocks in only a few lines.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 26-Aug-2007 at 03:00

Surmount View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 03:01
I'm sorry i know this is off topic but how do you guys get those quotes under the posts you make.
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 03:37
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

[QUOTE=elenos]Fairly much bollocks in only a few lines.

Bollocks to you too! This is one all races must love each other threads, so you have  to love your Australian brothers!
elenos
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 04:13
Originally posted by elenos

Bollocks to you too! This is one all races must love each other threads, so you have  to love your Australian brothers!

You request the impossible, but i will try my very best.

elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2007 at 04:32
I love the whole of the human race
I love the look on its silly face...
But you can't beat us for Australia is the place!
elenos
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 03:51
Do we have too???

I get this respect thingy, but all race have to love each other? I can't really picture this between Jews and Arabics... in general.

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 05:50
There are quite a few that can get along and get past petty political divisions.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 11:22

Originally posted by pinguin

With respect to modern painting, Picasso and others where inspired in Western African sculpture when they invented cubism. If you see the painting Guernica of Picasso and compared to Western African traditional abstract scuptures you will see the link at once
That's largely true, except for the bit about cubism. Guernica isn't cubist.

Yes, Picasso was influenced by African art, but his work is much more eclectic than that, and the cubist approach is much more directly derived from Czanne, as the last link points out. As for paintings like Les Demoiselles, it is just as easy to read into them links to Oceanic art (via Gauguin?) or ancient Greece, or even earlier European sculptures (though they tended not to be so elongated).

The tendency to simplify forms into basic geometrical figures, which is the main feature of Cubism, occurs and reoccurs in most artistic traditions either because of the difficulty of working in some materials, or because of artistic reaction against concentration on realism and superficial detail.

The most overlooked artistic influence on Picasso's development at this point is the Douanier Rousseau (who Picasso himself recognised as a major influence, and whom he considered the major father of 20th century art). And Rousseau was working out of his own head.

To extrapolate from African art being one influence upon Picasso to a thesis that Cubism was inspired by African art isn't justifiable, and apart from anything else doesn't do justice to Picasso's particular genius.

Edited to correct the

pairs

Edited by gcle2003 - 05-Oct-2007 at 18:36
Tyranos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 16:46
Originally posted by Surmount

All people must know that we are all in this together. I am trying to promote the history of all ethnicities and races without discrimination. And Afrocentrism is something so many people bring up. Really there is no such thing. Its just history from a different perspective besides the usual one written from the European perspective. Humans must realize that we are all apart of history and are all one race the human race.

Who agrees with me, give your opinion please.

Thank you.Big%20smile

Not for nothing, but do you want to be taken seriously with such  nonsensical commenting ? Thats like saying,"Oh I get my history from Heinrich Himmler or Karl Earlson, but its not lies, only a different perspective".Confused

Also Afroncentrism, like Nordicism of the late 19th to early 20th century was/is quite real to many people and activist groups to this day.

From the Britannica:

"Also called  Africentrism  cultural and political movement whose mainly African American adherents regard themselves and all other blacks as syncretic Africans and believe that their worldview should positively reflect traditional African values. The terms Afrocentrism, Afrocology, and Afrocentricity were coined in the 1980s by the African American scholar and activist Molefi."

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9343557/Afrocentrism

More..

" Afrocentrism was influenced by several earlier black nationalist movements, including Ethiopianism and Pan-Africanism. The latter became a major presence in the United States and elsewhere with the emergence of the Jamaican activist Marcus Garvey, who promoted the idea of an African diaspora and called for a separate African state for black Americans. Garvey's bitter enemy, W.E.B. Du Bois".

Afrocentrism

Afrocentrism is a mythology that is racist, reactionary, and essentially therapeutic. It suggests that nothing important has happened in black history since the time of the pharaohs and thus trivializes the history of black Americans. Afrocentrism places an emphasis on Egypt that is, to put it bluntly, absurd. --Clarence E. Walker*

Afrocentrism is a pseudohistorical political movement that erroneously claims that African-Americans should trace their roots back to ancient Egypt because it was dominated by a race of black Africans. Some of Afrocentrism's other claims are: the ancient Greeks stole their main cultural achievements from black Egyptians; Jesus, Socrates and Cleopatra, among others, were black; and Jews created the slave trade of black Africans.

The main purpose of Afrocentrism is to encourage black nationalism and ethnic pride as a psychological weapon against the destructive and debilitating effects of universal racism.

Some of Afrocentrism's leading proponents are Professor Molefi Kete Asante of Temple University; Professor Leonard Jeffries of City University of New York; and Martin Bernal, author of Black Athena.

One of the more important Afrocentric texts is the pseudo-historical Stolen Legacy (1954) by George G. M. James. Mr. James claims, among other things, that Greek philosophy and the mystery religions of Greece and Rome were stolen from Egypt; that the ancient Greeks did not have the native ability to develop philosophy; and that the Egyptians from whom the Greeks stole their philosophy were black Africans. Many of James' ideas were taken from Marcus Garvey (1887-1940), who thought that white accomplishment is due to teaching children they are superior. If blacks are to succeed, he said, they would have to  teach their children that they are superior.

James's principal sources were Masonic, especially The Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry (1909) by the Rev. Charles H. Vail. The Masons in turn derived their misconceptions about Egyptian mystery and initiation rites from the eighteenth century work of fiction Sethos, a History or Biography, based on Unpublished Memoirs of Ancient Egypt (1731) by the Abb Jean Terrasson (1670-1750), a professor of Greek. Terrasson had no access to Egyptian sources and he would be long dead before Egyptian hieroglyphics could be deciphered. But Terrasson knew the Greek and Latin writers well. So he constructed an imaginary Egyptian religion based upon sources which described Greek and Latin rites as if they were Egyptian (Lefkowitz). Hence, one of the main sources for Afrocentric Egyptology turns out to be Greece and Rome. The Greeks would have called this irony. I don't know what Afrocentrists call it.

James's pseudo-history is the basis for other Afrocentric pseudo-histories such as Africa, Mother of Western Civilization by Yosef A.A. ben-Jochannnan, one of James's students, and Civilization or Barbarism by Cheikh Anta Diop of Senegal.

Afrocentrism is being taught in many universities, colleges, and public schools.

The Wikipedia also runs a piece:

Here's a case of Afrocentrism at work today:

Edited by Tyranos - 05-Oct-2007 at 19:13
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 01:51
Originally posted by Surmount

All people must know that we are all in this together. I am trying to promote the history of all ethnicities and races without discrimination. And Afrocentrism is something so many people bring up. Really there
is no such thing. Its just history from a different perspective besides
the usual one written from the European perspective. Humans must realize that we are all apart of history and are all one race the human race.

Who agrees with me, give your opinion please.Thank you.Big%20smile

I wonder if there is anyone alive today who is not aware that they are a part of the human race, and that history can be delivered with different biases, from different perspectives? It just seems to be a popular idea in the mainstream today.

I also disagree that race doesn't exist, whole-heartedly. Geographical distinction creates dominant expressed phenotypes that help certain human populations adapt to certain environments so that they can live and thrive. If we're not using the word race pick something else, but I can't stand it when people talk about how race is just some crazy social concept. It's no more of a social construct than family, and shouldn't be dismissed as such. You can't deny the existence of family any more than you can deny the existence of race.

... And while I'm thinking about it, all humans are not equal. Look at the olympics, individuals with notably high or low IQs, people who can sing vs. people who can't... you can't do something just because you want to, there some things some people will just never be able to do because of who they are and where they were born. I think people are limited by biology, culture, environment (opportunity, etc.), and luck when it comes down to it, no matter what race you are descended from, and if individual historians want to study from a certain perspective, that's up to them. All history does not have to be world history to be of value to me.

Edited by Rusalka - 08-Oct-2007 at 01:57
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2007 at 02:36
I agree. Race exist.

In here we call ourselves part of the Chilean Race... And Hispanic Americans talks about our people like "La Raza" (our Race). We even got a flag

No foreigner understand that wnat we mean is precesily the opposite. That races don't exist and what counts is our culture and nations, though Wink.

La raza is our melting pot!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>