Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Early history of Bosnia untill 1463 by V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early history of Bosnia untill 1463 by V
    Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 06:31
There is some of translation on the net , but i havent read whole book
Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
BoFF View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote BoFF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 23:35

My friend (if I may call you a friend), you are bathing in ignorance, so much, that you do not want to admit that you are wrong and that you made a number of crucial mistakes. If you would go ahead and acknowledge that you cannot always be right, and that love for history only has to be surpassed by the love for truth, you would certainly become a better expert in history.

I will now first try to answer your comments, and I hope that this will settle it once and for all. If you do try to answer my answers, do please try not to be so superficial as you were before. For example, when you say something, and when you stick with a historical proposition, do your best to argument it and cite the source. This is a theme which will occur regularly through my comments made on your answers. Ok?

Lets begin:

Quote: Most historian dont mention DEI as valid historical point in researching.Bosnia was first mentioned in 8 century, way before Dei

Comment: WHICH historians do not mention DAI as a valid historical source? Could you please name them? It might not be any good for researching details, but the FACT is that the book was written in the middle of the 10th century, and that it metions Bosnia. No previous WRITTEN mention of the name of Bosnia exists. Can you understand this? Could I make it any simpler? Maybe some sources before the Byzantine emperor refer to Sclavonia, or some other term, which could be a name given to land which represents the territory of Bosnia, but THERE IS NO MENTION OF THE BOSNIAN NAME BEFORE THE 10TH CENTURY!!!

I hope that this puts the case to rests. If you don't agree with me, please, for the sake of argument, tell me where you read that Bosnia was mentioned in the 8th century.

Quote: Me, wrong about Prijezda.I think i know something.He is founding father of Kotromanic dynasty.That was his nick Prijezda.In middle ages Prijezdite meant went across the river, thats why Prijezda.He wasnt first official ruler, that was Boric.

Comment: We have no WRITTEN, or any other, SOURCES, that could testify that he was the founder of the ruling dynasty. The fact that his name is often interpreted as ''the one who crossed the river'' or ''the one who ran away'', only served as a point for Serb historians to comment that he was an exiled Serb who ran away form Serbia and crossed the Drina river, after which he ruled over the land of Bosnia, which was, according to the same historians, also one of the Serb lands. This makes no sense, and is not something that is documented anywhere but in the minds of greater serbia ideologists, which aimed to ''serbianize'' the whole of Bosnian history. And also, Prijezda was not his nickname, that was his name. We have two (or even three) different rulers in the second half of the 13th century named Prijezda. They could not all have been running away from something.

Quote: I know more about Bilino sabor, then you, so dont get your hope high, instead asking, you do acccusation part

Comment: You do not know more about the Council at Bilino polje, than I do. That is a fact. We cannot sit down and talk, so you cannot know what I know, and I cannot know what you know, but one thing is for sure - you don't know who you are talking to. So please, such comments should be left aside.

My initial comment on the whole story was, that there was no INDEPENDENT CHURCH OF BOSNIA AT THE TIME OF THE COUNCIL IN THE YEAR 1203!!! I said nothing else. Again, prove to me, by citing sources, that it did exist, I will recommend you to the academic community because you made a significant breakthrough in the historical science. (See the article; Basler, Đuro: ''Bosanska crkva za vladavine bana Kulina'', Prilozi instituta za Istoriju u Sarajevu, god. IX/I, br. 9/1, Sarajevo, 1973, 13-22. and other articles published in the same publication, no. 32, Sarajevo, 2003; also an article by Ante kegro in Bosna Franciscana about the name BOLINO POILO).

Quote: Derivation of same name, i didnt mention German king Otto , mentioned same person, and same historical things which happened.If on other hand i said king was called Angelo, then you would have valid point

Comment: Ladislav cannot be a derivation of Lois, Lajo, Ludovic, or Ludwig; IT IS A DIFFERENT NAME!!! Mujo cannot be a name derived from Haso. These are different names. The fact that two kings of Hungary bear those names - Louis and Ladislav is a strong enough point in my favour. Otherwise, they would both be known as Ladislav, or as Louis. But they are not. Lois (or Ludovic) was Lois the Great, and Ladislav was Ladislav of Naples.

Quote: Orbinni is adventurer and his historical perspective is not really influenced by any historian.I Never said anything about Mileseva, there is no valid evidence, to swing it both ways.

Comment: You may think of Orbini whatever you want, but he is still a writer that used relevant sources which existed in his time (1601), but were lost during the period of some 400 years after he wrote. I said that Orbini didn't make a mistake. The mistake was made by Serbian interpreters of the text, becouse they desperately wanted to place king Tvrtkos coronation on serb soil. I do not share your views that there is substantial evidence to swing it both ways. The evidence for the situating of the coronation in Mile is much more relevant than any other serbian text, written for the purpose of falsificating history. (for more see the recently published book by Dubravko Lovrenovic, Na klizitu povijesti: Sveta kruna ugarska i sveta kruna Bosanska, Zagreb-Sarajevo, 2006.)

Quote: Sure you do, sure you ''do''

Comment: The whole purpose of my writing to you is to humble you and make you admit that you are not the only one that knows a few things about bosnian history. Even if I don't know something, I have reference books I can look in, I don't need to ask you, especially as you are so shallow in your historical analysis. Doesn't the way I'm putting the evidence and facts before you mean anything to you? Can you not see that I'm a better historian than you will ever be.

Quote: King Ostoja was burried in Donja Zgosca near Kakanj,now just Zgosca.Go, visit village, you still have kings tomb there.Such historian

Comment: And I fancy you went to Zgosca to see the kings grave for yourself? If you did, you could have made a short trip to Kraljeva Sutjeska and Bobovac, not far from Kakanj and Vares, where you could have seen the royal courts and the mausoleum church where the bones of the kings, including Ostoja, were discovered and their stone slabs. (see more at Pavao Andjelic, Bobovac i Kraljeva Sutjeska, stolna mjesta bosanskih vladara, Sarajevo, 1973. and a reprint published in Sarajevo 2004.). Once again, please, please, tell me where you get such nonsense information. Tell me of the books you like to read. Do you pick them up at your local kindergarten library?

Quote: If i dont know about Pribislav Vukotnic and  Restoje Milohna.There were some 300 lords, if not more, all ruled specific area of Bosnia in middle ages?Me, knowing every single lord, is hard task for anybody

Comment: Ok. You don't know them all, but you could know these two. They are not really that unfamiliar. They even have seperate articles published on them. (Ćirković, Počteni vitez Pribislav Vukotić, Zbornik Filozofskog fakulteta u Beogradu, X/1, 1968; and Pavao ivković: an article from his book Iz povijesti Bosne i Huma, Osijek, 2002.) They were knights on the medieval courts of Bosnia. You will certainly find

more about them at your local information supplier, or in the books you posess. I forgive you for not knowing these two. I will not put any more challenges before you because you didn't pass this one. Ok?

Quote: Altomanovici (Tuzla)

Comment: You corrected yourself later and wrote: Altomanovici(Soli). But you made a wrong correction. Which Altomanovic family had their court in Soli, or Tuzla? Altomanovic was the surname of Nikola Altomanovic, a Serb feudal lord, which antagonized the bosnian ban Tvrtko, and his ally, count Lazar of Serbia. They united, crushed (''rasap'') Nikola, and they divided his lands. Simple. Name me one Altomanovic from Tuzla, and the source where I can check it up.

Quote: Vukcic(Jajce)

Comment: Vukcic was a patronim of Herceg Hrvoje, it was not a real surname, and no family under that name existed. A patronim is a name passed from father to son, and not to his descendants. In a few isolated cases, this did happen. Example: the Hrvatinic family (of which Hrvoje was a member) had their name from the family founder - Hrvatin. That is why Herceg Hrvoje was Hrvatinic. He is also Vukcic because his fathers name was Vukac, hence Vukcic. But how many people bore that name, and fathered sons in medieval Bosnia - thousands. Maybe every tenth person in Bosnia was Vukcic. Herceg Stjepan Kosaca was Vukcic, because his father was also called Vukac. Does that mean that they were members of the sam family?

Ok - we can now move on. If you have understood what I have written above, and if you got over your pride and confidence, maybe you can admit that you were wrong. Otherwise, cite me sources, books, articles, anything. Don't just write out of your head, or from memory.

Just one more thing, the topic is Early history of Bosnia untill 1463. All, or most of, these questions that you set before me are not from that time. Im an expert in medieval history, not the later periods, but I will just as well answer your questions. Just to shut you up, or make you write more sensibly.

Your questions, if I understood them well, are the next points:

1) What I know of Ivan Izacic?

Answer: He was a captain in the 16th century (died 1565.). His family were captains in Ripač, not far from Bihać, and castelains in Izačić, also not far from Bihać. They were first mentioned in the 15th century, and Ivan was a cavalier in the service of George Sauer in 1551. In 1562, he is named as burg-graf (captain) in Izačić. His burial stone was placed in the Bihać church, today Fethija mosque.

Ok?

2) What I know of Jurica and Kristof Hranilovic

Answer: Hranilovic family moved from Travnik in central Bosnia in the 15th century to Croatia, a village named Soice. Jurica and Kristof were brothers and prominent members of the family. Jurica was vice-captain of Slunj, and Kristof was vice-captain of Ogulin. They died on the 31. may 1693 in a battle with Turks near Ostroac.

Ok?

3) What I know of Marko Mesic

Answer: Marko (1640 - 1713) was a priest in a place called Brinje. He organized an uprising of people in 1689. for the liberation from under the Turks. With the aid of the troops from Krajina and Stojan Jankovic, he captured Novi on the 15. june that year, and a month later he took Udbina, which meant the complete liberation of Lika and Krbava. In 1692, he fought off an attack of two military attachments that tried to enter Lika from Bosnia, and in 1697 he joined an attack on Bihac, which was organized by Austrian and Border troops.

Ok?

4) What I know of Vuk Mandusic

Answer: Vuk Manduić (died in 1648) was a 17th century warrior from a village Rup, not far away from Visovac on the river Krka. His fame ensured that he became one of the best known and loved characters of poetry writers. He is even mentioned in the ''Mountain wreath'', a poem by the Montenegrin ruler P. II. P. Njego. In 1648 he participated in an attack from ibenik on Drni. The attack moved forward very fast, so that Manduić came near to the Bosnian town of Kljuc. In the next period he participated in the taking of Knin, Vrlika, Greben and Klis. He was killed in 1648 in the battle of Zvečevo.

Ok?

5) What I know of Stojan Jankovic

Answer: Stojan was a famous Uskok hero, who fought battles against the Turks in the time of the Kandijan (Crete) war (from 1645), and the Morean (Peloponessus) war (1683-1699). He fell to turkish captivity in 1666, and was taken to Istanbul, but ran away and returned after only 14 months. He was decoretad with Venetian knighthood and the golden collar for his bravery. In 1686, he took Sinj from the Turks, and was a liberator of Lika and Krbava. He died during ana attack on the Bosnian town of Duvno (today Tomislavgrad) in 1687.

Ok?

6) What I know of the big plague in Herzegovina?

Answer: There were many big plagues in Herzegovina during the Ottoman times. I don't know which one you are thinking of. Maybe the one from 1690 or the one from 1732?

Ok?

7) The name of village Krizevac, that changed its name during the ottoman times?

Answer: I know nothing of this, and I don't think that you do either. If you do, then it is made up. Probably by you. Where is this village of yours?

Ok?

8) What were decisions of Bilino Sabor, main ones? What were the three big steps taken there?

Answer: BILINOPOLJSKA IZJAVA 8. TRAVNJA 1203.

U ime vječnoga Boga, stvoritelja svega i otkupitelja ljudskoga roda. Od njegova utjelovljenja godine 1203, a (pontifikata) gospodina pape Inocenta III. godine este. Mi, priori onih ljudi, koji smo se dosad navlastito nazivali povlasticom krćanskog imena na području Bosne, kao predstavnici svih u ime sviju koji pripadaju bratstvu nae zajednice, u nazočnosti gospodina Ivana de Casamarisa, papinskog kapelana i Rimske crkve u Bosnu zbog toga poslanog, u nazočnosti gospodina bana Kulina, gospodara Bosne, obećavamo pred Bogom i njegovim svetima da ćemo se drati naredbe i zapovijedi svete Rimske crkve kako u ivotu tako i u svome ponaanju te da ćemo sluati i ivjeti prema njezinim naredbama. Jamčimo u ime sviju koji pripadaju naoj zajednici i iz naih su samostana (loca), sa svom imovinom i stvarima, da nikad ubuduće nećemo slijediti opačinu krivovjerstva. Najprije se odričemo shizme, zbog koje smo ozloglaeni, i priznajemo Rimsku crkvu, nau majku, glavom svega crkvenoga jedinstva. U svim naim samostanima, gdje braća zajedno ive, imat ćemo bogomolje u kojima ćemo se kao braća zajednički sastajati da javno pjevamo noćne, jutarnje i dnevne časove. U svim ćemo pak crkvama imati oltare i krieve, čitat ćemo knjige, kako Novoga, tako i Staroga zavjeta, kako to čini Rimska crkva. Po pojedinim naim samostanima imat ćemo svećenike, koji moraju barem nedjeljama i blagdanima, prema crkvenim odredbama, slaviti mise, sluati ispovijedi i podjeljivati pokore. Pokraj bogomolja imat ćemo groblja, u kojima će se pokapati braća i doljaci, ako bi ondje slučajno umrli. Najmanje sedam puta godinje iz ruku svećenika primat ćemo tijelo Gospodnje, to jest: na Boić, Uskrs, Duhove, Blagdan apostola Petra i Pavla, Uznesenje Djevice Marije, Rođenje Marijino i na spomendan Svih svetih, koji se slavi prvoga studenog. Odravat ćemo postove koje je odredila Crkva, a čuvat ćemo i ono to su nai stari mudro odredili. ene, koje budu pripadale naoj drubi, bit će odijeljene od mukaraca i u spavaonicama i u blagova-onicama, a nitko od braće neće sam sa samom razgovarati, ako bi odatle mogla proizići zla sumnja. Nećemo uostalom ubuduće primati nekog oenjenoga ili neku udanu, osim ako bi se oboje obratili obećavi uzdrljivost uz uzajamni. Slavit ćemo blag-dane svetaca koje su ustanovili sveti oci. I nikoga, za kojega bismo sa sigurnoću znali da je manihejac ili kakav drugi krivovjerac, nećemo  primati  da  s  nama  stanuje. I kako smo od ostalih svjetovnjaka odijeljeni ivotom i ponaanjem, tako ćemo se također razlikovati odjećom, koja će biti zatvorena, jednobojna, izmjerena do glenja. Od sada se nećemo nazivati krćanima, kao do sada, nego braćom, da ne bismo, sebi pripisujući to ime, drugim krćanima nanosili nepravdu. Kad umre metar, od sada za vazda, priori s vijećem braće, bojeći se Boga, izabrat će poglavara kojega treba potvrditi papa. I ako Rimska crkva bude htjela neto dodati ili umanjiti, vjerno ćemo prihvatiti i odravati. Da ovo ima snagu zavazda, potvrđujemo svojim potpisom. Dano kraj rijeke Bosne, u mjestu koje se zove Bilino Polje, 8. travnja (1203). Potpisujemo: Dragič, Ljubin, Draeta, Pribi, Ljuben, Rado, Vlado, ban Kulin, Marin, arhiđakon dubrovački. Zatim mi Ljubin i Draeta po volji sve nae braće u Bosni i samoga bana Kulina, s istim gospodinom Ivanom kapelanom doavi k uzvienom Emeriku, najkrćanskijem kralju Ugarske, u nazočnosti samoga kralja i časnoga Ivana, nadbiskupa kaločkoga, i pečujskog biskupa, i mnogih drugih zakleli smo se u ime svih da ćemo ono to smo ugovorili čuvati, i ako Rimska crkva bude htjela od nas neto drugo, uvest ćemo po katoličkoj vjeri.

Ok?

9) Putesestvije was written by which Serbian noble and ruler?

Answer: Putesestvije is a word which means, putopis, ''written travels'', аnybody can write a book by that name.

10) The name of two Muslim families prominent in Krajina, and their origin.

Answer: Many families were prominent in Krajina. This is a question of opinion. If you ask me, I will always tell you that the most famous families were Ibrahimpasici and Filipovici, whose founder was a priest from Zagreb. But I think you want me to tell you about the Hrnjica family that moved to Kladusa from Knin.

Ok?

11) The principle of the treaty of Gabela between Venetians (which you call in our language Mletani, even though such a people do not exist in the English tounge) and Bosnia, and when did the Bosnians take Gabela?

Answer: Gabela was under Venetian rule during the period between 1694 and 1716. In that time they managed to build a strong fortification, but before they eventually lost the place to the Bosnians in 1716, they tore it down and destroyed it. Osman-pasha Resulbegović was the man that was put in charge to rebuild Gabela. I have not heard of the treaty of Gabela.

Ok?

12) Svistov peace 1791 gave what town to Croatia, and why was it important?

Answer: The peace of Svistov, Bulgaria, was signed on the 4. august 1791, by Selim III of Turkey, and Leopold II of Austria. The Austrians returned the three towns they took in the previous war (known as the war of Dubica) - Gradika, Novi and Dubica, but decided to keep Cetingrad. The Bosnians did not want to be at rest with the sultans decision, so they carried on fighting. Hasan-aga from Peć even waged a private war with the Austrians.

Ok?

And just to say that you are a real funny fellow. I don't regret spending my time teaching you some sense, even though I had other things to do. I forgive you, but I will never forgive your ignorance.

Pozdrav!!!

Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 06:46
On towards question, and no insult man right,im not the one, who will say, you dont know anything about history.

I knew those questions long time ago, just to tell you, you cant learn all of history

1)Bravo 10/10 on first question, my respect thereSmile
2)Bravo 10/10 on second question, its obvious you know lot of history, relevant sources Ademovic Kemal(He does give some details into their death)
3)Bravo 10/10 on third question, obvious you know a lot of history
4)Ibrahim beg Ljuca Bosniak noble he killed him but you know a lot il give you 9/10 on that one question
5)10/10 on fifth question
6)10/10 on that question

8) You didnt have to google it
You could have said in three sentences, what were main points of Bilino Sabor, and wikpiedia helps a lot
9)Serb King Dragutin Uros 1243-1271 0/10
10)Ceric and Besirovic
Filipovici just had land in Glamoc, and were not prominent Krajina family, as you might think.Same with Ibrahimpasic.Or with Hrnjica Kladusa beys!

Treaty of Gabela secures that Christian population wont be touched, mosque will not be rebuilt, and Turks will not have strong forticications, like they use to on Kandijski War 1645-1669

Now, my mistakes and yours

1) I should have mentioned Soli, but Tuzla is name for this region for some 500 years now

Big plague was in 17 and 18 century Herzegovina, so guess you half way right

What can i say,you obviously know a lot of history Bosnian, never met person, who knows as much as i do

But since you always learn history remember few things

Ibrahim bey Ljuca he killed Vuk Mandusic
Ceric,Besirevic

Hrnjica just ruled Kladusa, and thats it.

Krizevac small town established in  1327
Now, just village
South of Citluk
Changed name to Hamzici in 1700's

Thanks, see you know few things now, that you didnt know before

You know some things that you wont ever find in books.Something Orbinni didnt write, as you think he is relevant source in history, or like Dei

Ps:Today is my birthday, i wont charge you few things you learned today.

Vocoindubium View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Vocoindubium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 15:39

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 09:29
Yes; I do. Apparently (what Violent Jack missed); According to the Archbishop of Antivari who wrote the Chronicles, Bosnia was one of the two "states" forming Serbia (the other being Rascia). It appears that it stretched from Drina to Una.

Apart from that, I read Violent Jack's text and noticed that around 60% of it are horrible mistakes (wrong names of people, wrong dates, etc. or such things never occurred)... I don't want to sound over-critic, but geez (also failing to note anything in Bosnia that connected it to Serbia and Croatia isn't nice either).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 23:43
Originally posted by Yugoslav

Yes; I do. Apparently (what Violent Jack missed); According to the Archbishop of Antivari who wrote the Chronicles, Bosnia was one of the two "states" forming Serbia (the other being Rascia). It appears that it stretched from Drina to Una.

Apart from that, I read Violent Jack's text and noticed that around 60% of it are horrible mistakes (wrong names of people, wrong dates, etc. or such things never occurred)... I don't want to sound over-critic, but geez (also failing to note anything in Bosnia that connected it to Serbia and Croatia isn't nice either).

Yes, and the Native Americans were Serbian originally as well....

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 15:40
What do you mean by that sarcasm? LOL Do you not believe me (so that I can give you the whole Chronicle to see for yourself) or is it something else? I'm not guaranteeing that the book's perfect; AFAIK I hold that it's full of errors and highly unreliable, especially because it's dismissed by historians.

http://members.tripod.com/cafehome/abd12ct.htm

This is a (rough) picture of Serbia (continental) and Croatia (coastal) according to the Antivari Archbishop.

If you are referring to the fact that a large part of Jack's text isn't correct, then you're totally lost on me. Shocked

What did you mean?

Edited by Yugoslav - 20-Mar-2007 at 15:59
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 01:13
Your post sounded a little bit on the everything is Serbian side.
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 07:33
? Sorry, I don't understand what You mean... Did you read my post and understood what it meant? 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 15:39
Nevermind
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 15:58
 1)Bishop of Antivari never existed.Not in that sense.There was Ninski Biskup, or Ninska Biskupija, Splitska Metropolit, Dubrovnik archbishop and Bar arcbishop, which was untill 1670 a completely Catholic area, untill conversion of local catholics into Islam(Mrkojevici, Pecurica, Dobra Voda, Podi, Zavalje, Stari Bar, region to south of Bar and North

If some might claim history of Bosnia, under chronicles of Ljetopis Popa Dukljanina, guy who never actually in life visited Bosnia, but he knew so much

Lajos, Ludovik, or Ludvig in German is just derivation of a same Name.If it is chicken or a hen, similar is to it.Means this is not a mistake, unless somebody can prove otherwise.Duclea or Duklja was a small country in the south of Ivan Vladimir around 1080, who ruled from Skadar

As for this essay i really made it kinda quick.I could have written something, about Subic rise to power in Bosnia and their titulare Bosnae e Croatie 1292-1314 taking.About death of Mladen Subic in 1303, who was killed by Bosniak patharens.I could have said something, about principles and teachings of a Bosnian church, and why was it heretic, ad-list many popes said that, so i guess they know better.

If i was to write something more detail. i would say

After fall of Simeun and consequently Tomislav around 930 A.D.Present day Bosnia was a un-organized semi-autonomous region sometimes under controll of Croatia, most of time, untill 948 and Caslav invasion from Serbia , and Hungary untill Kulin ban period, where Bosnia became loosely independent, so they woulc achieve complete independence, after Stjepan Kulinic period 1204-1232, and especially rise to power after Matej Ninoslav.Some say 1232-1250, some like Jirecek, put death of death as early as 1246, while Mandic suggest he died even sooner

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 18:59
Originally posted by violentjack

1)Bishop of Antivari never existed.Not in that sense.There was Ninski Biskup, or Ninska Biskupija, Splitska Metropolit, Dubrovnik archbishop and Bar arcbishop, which was untill 1670 a completely Catholic area, untill conversion of local catholics into Islam(Mrkojevici, Pecurica, Dobra Voda, Podi, Zavalje, Stari Bar, region to south of Bar and North

If some might claim history of Bosnia, under chronicles of Ljetopis Popa Dukljanina, guy who never actually in life visited Bosnia, but he knew so much

Lajos, Ludovik, or Ludvig in German is just derivation of a same Name.If it is chicken or a hen, similar is to it.Means this is not a mistake, unless somebody can prove otherwise.Duclea or Duklja was a small country in the south of Ivan Vladimir around 1080, who ruled from Skadar

As for this essay i really made it kinda quick.I could have written something, about Subic rise to power in Bosnia and their titulare Bosnae e Croatie 1292-1314 taking.About death of Mladen Subic in 1303, who was killed by Bosniak patharens.I could have said something, about principles and teachings of a Bosnian church, and why was it heretic, ad-list many popes said that, so i guess they know better.

If i was to write something more detail. i would say

After fall of Simeun and consequently Tomislav around 930 A.D.Present day Bosnia was a un-organized semi-autonomous region sometimes under controll of Croatia, most of time, untill 948 and Caslav invasion from Serbia , and Hungary untill Kulin ban period, where Bosnia became loosely independent, so they woulc achieve complete independence, after Stjepan Kulinic period 1204-1232, and especially rise to power after Matej Ninoslav.Some say 1232-1250, some like Jirecek, put death of death as early as 1246, while Mandic suggest he died even sooner

Antivari=Bar. The Bishop of Antivari=Archbishop of Bar=Serbian Primate.

That's just a latin name.
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 13:07
 I know what is Antivari.Tivar is Albanian name for Bar

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 17:02

I know what is Antivari.Tivar is Albanian name for Bar

Then why did you say it doesn't exist? Tongue
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 18:10
 Didnt exist in this scope, or significance, as you wanted to put it

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 07:06

Didnt exist in this scope, or significance, as you wanted to put it

I never mentioned any scope, or significance!

What did you think I wanted to to put? I just mentioned him as a) Archbishop of Antivar and b) that he wrote that which you're talking about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12