Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aryan Indians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Digvijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aryan Indians
    Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 15:39
Originally posted by mamikon

does it matter if an indian is aryan or not? Does being "aryan" give the indian some special status in the society? and whatever makes one think that being an "aryan" is for some reason better than not being an "aryan"...

Word aryan in India means a noble person. A person who follows Dharam and is righteous is called an Aryan.

Aryan invasion theory has colored this word to a bogus meaning as in west asians who conquered India. This theory is debunked by archaelogy, linguistics, genetics, philosophy, science and mathematics. I will be happy to elaborate.

And of course Max Muller and other British Indologists used the word aryan for racial supremacy which was later used by Hitler to commit crimes against humanity.

-Digs
RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 03:50
Aryan invasion theory has colored this word to a bogus meaning as in west asians who conquered India. This theory is debunked by archaelogy, linguistics, genetics, philosophy, science and mathematics. I will be happy to elaborate

This is going to sound harsh.   Some people have such animosity and insecurity towards Indians, or can't accept certain things about Indians.    I noticed that these people are the ones that tend to support the AIT, and choose to rely on biased racial studies (instead of using their own eyes).    They won't admit it, but their intentions are probably not too different from people like Max Muller.  It's become pointless to argue with these people, because they never will accept what you say.  They want to associate anything that's positive about Indians or India, to something foreign.    You have people claiming that the most intelligent Indians must be "Aryan Brahmins" with the most "white blood." If anyone remembers, those British indologists didn't want to accept that native Indians could create a successful civilization on their own.   
  You have white supremacists and anti-Indian Pakistanis trying to claim attractive Indian woman as looking Italian or Arab, or that most Indian celebrities have Iranian and Afghan blood in them.   We all know what this means.  They just can't admit that they're attracted to a genuine Indian female, or that someone from a "third-world country" can be intelligent and prosperous. 

If you think TeldeInduz's claims are funny, check out the people on stormfront.org.  They firmly believe that the varna system was a "racial system," where the nordic Aryan hulks established themselves as Brahmins and conquered the so-called "African Sudras."   Like TeldeInduz, they also don't want to accept that Indian celebrities "look Indian," or that certain features aren't necessarily uncommon in people below the Punjab-Kashmir region.   They have claimed that Aishwarya Rai is one of the few "pure white Aryan women" left in India, and that she has descended from those so-called "Nordic Brahmins."  People also say that, "She can't be fully Indian.  Her dad or grandparent was probably white."   

Although, let me assure you that I've met a lot of non-Indian history and anthropology professors at my colleges, who discard the AIT.  My anthropology teacher even did a study in India for months, and visited the North, South, West, East and the North-Eastern region.  So, she has seen enough Indians with her own eyes to form her own opinion about the AIT.      She asked me what part of India I was from, and I wanted to test her.  I said, "Can't you tell?  You've been all over India, and you must have read all of those anthropological articles about the racial differences between Indian groups."     She laughed and said that it was hard for her to tell, because she would see similar looks in more than one state. 

Edited by RajputGirl - 27-Jul-2006 at 04:11
rollopollo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 05:07
Originally posted by machine

I was wondering how many of the Whiter looking Indians are there in terms of numbers????

That depends on your idea of whiteness but proportionally people living in Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and the communities of Chitpavan(also famous for their grey eyes ex. Aditi Govitrkar), Coorgis(famous for their "beautiful meditteranean looks according to the British" ex. Aishwarya Rai), Konkanis and brahmins from everywhere are lighter than the rest.

The Brahmins are a minority though:

"In the 1931 caste census taken by the Colonial British government, Brahmins were 4.32% of the total population. Even in Uttar Pradesh, where they are most numerous, the Brahmins constituted just 9% of the total populace. In Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, they formed less than 3% and 2% of the population respectively."

Then there's people of the Northeast in Assam, Uttaranchal, Manipur, Mizoram, northern UP bordering Nepal who are lightskinned but with mongoloid features.

Does racism still exist between the groups, the ones with the much darker skin and the lighter coloured ones????

There's light and dark in every group in India. I know that indians prefer light skin but not sure if they are racist to darker ones.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 05:29

There might be some with dark to mid brown hair, but there's no blondes in North India.

You might be right. I've seen a few little kids with medium brown hair with blond streaks but not a single blond. I'm pretty sure blond hair doesnt exist in India. Maybe in Kashmir...

The eye colour is definitely bullsh*t. I've never met an Indian with genuine blue or green eyes (the odd one might exist but this might have been from some randy British troops). The only people from the subcontinent I've met in real life with blue or green eyes on a fairly large scale (10-20%) from the subcontinent have been Pathans.

Thats where i disagree. I know a lot of indians with light coloured eyes  in real life and even on the internet. Even bangladeshis and i did'nt know that was possible. Not on a large scale though, i dont want you thinking that 4 out of 10 indians have light eyes but since i live around Sikh Punjabis i see quite a few who have green or green-grey eyes. Pure blue is extremely rare though. I think i've seen maybe 4 Indians in real life with pure blue eyes.
Its common knowlede that the British took home the kids that looked British and left the indian looking ones to rot in the streets of India. (Anglo Indians were considered worse than untouchables).

The 72% Aryan make up of India is just nonsense. I've seen that number on some website but they might be talking about language rather than ethnicity.

I dont know how the CIA factbook came up with that number or even that term 
72% of India is definitely NOT aryan, in the bollywood stars sense at least.

somebody's jealous  btw its Indo-Aryan that make up 72% of the population.  Pathans = Offspring of raped punjabi women at the hands of the Pashtuns.

Pathan is a term made by indians.  Technically it means the same thing and the pashtuns living in FATA(Pakistan) havent mixed with punjabis at all.

You're the one who is trying to convince people that blue and green eyes are indigenous to North Indians. Never heard so much bullsh*t..it's the same as the Hindutva that claim man originated out of India.

I agree. North Indians are heavily mixed people especially in the northwest and as far as i believe they aren't indigenous to India. However, NOW they are as indian as any other ethnicity in India.

I do not believe that the indigenous people (or even the average migrants) of Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal have blue or green eyes in any significant quantity. If you have pictures of people from Himachal Pradesh or Uttaranchal like you say then post them so I can see.

Significant quantity? hmm imo if less than 5 out of 10 people have light eyes than its not significant but then Pashtuns and even the Kalash people have a blondism level of 30% at most according to some sources on the net although in real life i see quite a few of them with light eyes.

Also, the pictures you posted of the people in Uttaranchal and Himachal Pradesh aren't closeups. How can you determine that they have brown eyes or blue?

Chitpavans are from the Afghan border with Pakistan. They're not indigenous to India.

Lots of ethnicities of India aren't indigenous to the region. Even the punjabis are supposed to descended from Sakas, Kushans and Huns but now they are as Indian as say the tamils.

Edited by rollopollo - 28-Jul-2006 at 05:32
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 05:47

Originally posted by TeldeInduz

A lot of Afghans say that Pathans are the term given to Punjabi Pathans. Pathan was coined by the British to refer to the Pashtuns. In Urdu people refer to Pashtuns as Pathans, and a lot of Pashtuns/Pathans in NWFP refer to themselves as Pathans when speaking English. I do not care what nationalist Afghans have to say of it.

From what i've seen on the internet, a lot of afghans seem to think that the Pashtuns of Pakistan are fake. That couldn't be farther from the truth. People in FATA(tribal areas), Northern Areas, and the rest of NWFP and even Balochistan are Pure pashtun(thats an oxymoron right there :p ) dont have anyone to mix with except for the Hazaras maybe but they tend to be shias while most Pashtuns are sunni so that's close to impossible.

It's the Pashtuns living in larger cities who are more likely to be mixed but then again even the urban dwelling Pashtuns are very conservative and tend to marry amongst themselves much like other ethnicities of Pakistan.

As far as the last name Khan, if you are going to assume that all Khans are Pashtun or "fake pashtuns" then thats not a very good idea because that surname is used from Afghanistan to Uzbekistan to Indonesia. And Germany too if you count the word "Kahn"

Originally posted by Rajput

No, Pathan was being coined throughout while the Afghan Pashtuns were raiding your lands and cupulating with your female ancestors; Telde when will you come out of your little hole and face the truth?

Stop being childish. There are millions of unmixed pashtuns in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Now quit stalling as RajputGirl and I have put up some credible pics on here and there are more where those came from so im guessing % wise we're probably almost at par with the pakistanis in the % of dirty blonde and eye color variations.

Pakistan and India aren't ethnicities. As for being on par with them for the % of light eyes(imo the percentage of blond hair is farrrrr too less to consider) then i'd say Pakistan has more just because Pakistan is mostly Punjabi, Pashtun, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Baloch and Muhajir. Northwest India might be comparable to the eastern half of Pakistan in terms of ethnicity and looks. 

Edited by rollopollo - 28-Jul-2006 at 05:48
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 06:06

Originally posted by Vedam

Oh TeldeInduz i'm not going to get  into this Janab, do you think i go round taking pictures of fair skinned Indians.
I am from near Simla originally In Himachal their are fair skinned ones there.
Very true. Have you seen the LOnely Planet: North India video? They go from Agra and banaras to Shimla and you can notice a big difference in looks. The people in Banaras are dark, small and the area is overpopulated. But Shimla is less crowded, people are bigger in terms of height and weight and you can see people on the street with green eyes.
Why exactly is Jammu and Kashmir not North Indian? I'm sure as i gather you are Pathan you have heard of the Hindu kush, believe me we spread further then India punjab.
Some people count Kashmir as part of Pakistan or even a country of it's own.

With regard to Chitpavans being not indegenious to India, what does that mean? a lot of the people in North India entered at various times ie Aryans, Kushana, Greek. Scytians, Huns, Mughals. You have a weak defence, its like someone saying i'm not English i'm Viking who came over from Sweden 1400 years ago
Very well said. I just repeated that in my other posts.

I am not denying that one or two Sikhs from Rajasthan are "Nordindid" - I've actually seen a picture of one with blue eyes to, I know that the odd one does exist. I just believe
Actually most Sikhs are Nordindid. In fact they are the posterpeople of Nordindid just like the Pashtuns are the posterppl(is that even a word) of Irano-afghan.

that all these eyes are not indigenous to any of the Indian groups, they've come from the outside
that only a very small proportion of Indians have these features (by very I mean very very small proportion)
As me and other people on here have already said, much of the population of Northwest India isn't indigenous to the region so their features aren't going to be indigenous either.

A racial classification of India would put a small proportion of Punjabi Sikhs and Brahmin Uttar Pradeshis as having the "Nordindid" features. _______________________________________________
Nordinid strain by definition
Another long-headed strain with comparatively lower but longer head and tall stature and possessing a long face and prominent narrow long nose. It its purest form it is found in the North-west Himalayan tribes like the Kaffirs and the Pathan where the skin colour is predominantly of a rosy white tint and an appreciable number have grey-blue eyes and chestnut hair. In the plains of Northern India, among the Sikhs of the Punjab and the Brahmin of the U.P. the skin colour changes to a light transparent brown. Here also there is a small proportion of people having light eyes and brownish hair. Among this type also the hair is usually straight and the pilous system well developed.

http://www.athelstane.co.uk/tchodson/ind_ethn/ind_ethn.htm

According to the above there are a small proportion of Sikhs from the Punjab and Brahmin from Uttar Pradesh, as opposed to an appreciable proportion of Pathans and Northern Kashmiris that have grey-blue eyes. It is up to you whether you believe this or not.
Agreed. The percentage of pashtuns, kashmiris, Konkanis, Coorgis and Chitpavans with blue-grey eyes is greater than the percentage of people in the Greater Punjab area who tend to have green eyes IF they have light eyes.

If you take into account what happened during partition, the Sikhs of the Punjab in what is modern day Pakistan all moved to the Punjab in India, so this small proportion of coloured eyes in modern day Indian Punjab amongst Sikhs actually originated in Pakistan - I suspect they mixed with some Westerly tribes while they ruled in Punjab (Sikhs controlled the Punjab for a while in the 17th, 18th centuries)
While there are probably many punjabis with afghan ancestors, Punjabis are historically a very mixed people. Communities of Afghans, the ancient Scythians, Kushans, Huns etc. the Greek assimilation in the Kshatrya fold of the caste system etc. can be accountable for the lightness of eyes and skin that can be found in the Punjabi population. 

As for the Brahmin of Uttar Pradesh, I guess a small proportion of them do exist with the features you say, but I have looked at pictures of Brahmins from Uttar Pradesh and it must only be a small proportion as I cant find many pictures like they say, so the gene did not arise in that population. They've just come about through mixing.
I posted a few percentages earlier and around 10% of the population of UP is brahmin so out of them even if 3 out of 10 have light eyes that's a very small proportion. In numerical terms however its not that small given the population of UP.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 07:22

Originally posted by Hellenic

I have found Indians to be very inherently insecure people especially when it comes to the issue of colour, looks though I think this has more to do with religion than actual fact. I remember some of my indian co-workers were quite extatic when I told them I would be visiting their country for business, having hung around them for quite some time I felt comfortable.  
 I then travelled to India & spent 6 weeks there,  it was an interesting trip but one that brought many surprises.  For one, the endemic poverty I saw was nothing like I had seen before(I had never seen people living and dying on the streets before), but secondly I got to see a whole range of what Indians look like as I travelled thru delhi, Kashmir, Hyderabad and the Calcutta.  I had seen posters for Indian movies before arriving but they looked nothing like the indians I was seeing & I can tell u quite frankly, that Indians rarely have any fair or coloured features suggestive of an Aryan legacy infact many border on an african skin tone though retaining large eyes and typical indian noses, so I think the analogy is more of a linguistic or cultural one.
Infact, the majority of my co-workers who where sikhs(penjabi) where fairer(so to speak) and taller then the bulk of what I saw on my entire trip to India leading me to believe that only the those indians who fit the criteria of being fair/tall were immigrating to the west!(I know this seems extraordinary but this is what I honestly believed when I left India) I find it odd that the few odd ball or atypical individuals who have colored eyes or fair skin are taken as being 'normal' or representatice of/in India, which seems to be a projection of the caste system still very much present in India today.  I was often quite surprised, when Indians would throw themselves at my feet as they had never seen me(a whiteman) before.  I found it to be the worst type of degradation in human I had ever witnessed. Also, many times, I saw darker individuals pushed aside by other individuals(who in my eyes where equally as dark) because they felt themselves to be better?  then when I joined the line, I would be given first class treatment to the front of the line.
 People should be content with their skin tone, looks, regardless of wether its light or fair.  To project themselves as being something else is dishonest, misleading and most off all an inherent issue of self-esteem.  As some members in this thread keep stating that Indians are majority aryans(74%) i find that to be highly irresponsible.  If anything I would put it below 1-2% who are Aryan, and thats assuming that they are hidden in some remote corner of India as I didnt see them.  This thread seems to be promoting an innacurate and misleading assessment of India which is dishonest.  There's no shame in being Brown.  In the summer time, I too turn quite a dark shade of brown :)

I smell BULLsh*t.

Every single person that i know who has travelled extensively in South Asia has told me that people in the Northwest are lighter skinned than average and i'd rather believe people who have travelled extensively and physical anthropologists rather than a person like you.

And white people aren't worshipped in India. Many Indians say that white people are unclean or that they smell bad. Get off your high horse. While you may think Indians love white people cuz of their light features they actually prefer the bollywood types that are Nordindid rather than European whites who are too pale according to most indians. In Pakistan people with freckles are considered hideous and everywhere in South Asia people with light coloured eyes are considered cunning and stuff by the older generation at least.

The only people who probably threw themselves at ur feet were the beggars who know that foreigner bring money with them usually foreign currency that is very valuable in third world nations.

I do have a question though..why are you so hung up about proving that you have lots of blondes and blue/green eyes in your population. I admit Pathans are probably 10-20% Nordind, I really dont see how this is anything that requires proof. I just do not believe you that these features originated anywhere in India. For the record, I dont believe that the features originated in Afghan or Pakistan, I think it was a mass migration, but it is possible as Northern Pakistan, including NWFP can get bitterly cold in some areas.

I don't know about him but if you see me arguing about stuff like that then it's because i want to get rid of the misconceptions people have about South Asia. Some people on the internet say stuff like "aishwarya Rai doesnt look Indian she looks greek or italian"  when apart from her light pigmentation(which btw is fairly common in her community of Coorgis on the Mangalore Coast) she has classicaly indian features: huge eyes, aquiline nose(slightly hooked), rounded face and full lips. And then there are people who say that light skinned Indians only exist because of the British

Again, your use of the term Nordindid is wrong. The perfect example of a nordindid is a Punjabi.
Pashtuns are Irano-afghan. I asked a person who's quite an expert on this stuff(pm me and i'll tell you who) and he told me that nordindids and Irano afghans are pretty similar but Irano-afghans tend to be lighter in pigmentation on average and they have more pronounced features such as the straight long convex nose etc.

If you're thinking Nordindid refers to people with light skin and light eyes then you're wrong. It just describes a certain morphology/features. Pigmentation comes second.

There's mixing perhaps for sure, and nowadays the filmstar Kapoors are thoroughly mixed. But the Kapoors are definitely Pathans. I have the reference somewhere, I'll find it for you.

I've heard some places that Kapoors are Pathans while some sources say that they are Punjabi.

Besides the filmstar Kapoor family there's also Sanjay Kapur, the man Karisma Kapoor married and he's a Punjabi sikh so that tells me that Kapurs are Punjabi. Or they could be Pashtuns who settled in Punjab and became known as Punjabi overtime(as with tons of people in Punjab).

For example, people with the surname Butt in Pakistan. They are originally Kashmiri but now most of them are known as Punjabi because they have been in Punjab for generations.

Khatris are Punjabi, not Pathan. That is how I define it. Can you give me a link for the Khatri Kapoors also?

Agreed. Hrithink Roshan, Akshay Kumar and many other indian stars are Hindu Khatris. 

The surname "Khan" is not restricted to Pathans. Some heavily mixed people retain the name, and some even use it.

True again.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 07:54

Originally posted by RajputGirl

Two perfect examples of Nordindids. THIS is what Nordindid means.

I actually said that the majority of Chitpovans do have dark hair and dark eyes, typical Indobrachids, not Nordinidids.

Chitpavans have Nordindid features. Sonali Bendre is a nordindid in case you're wondering. And no they arent typical Indobrachids. Chitpavans are quite different looking from the rest of the population of Maharashtra. Dont tell me you disagree with that

No offense, but what is up with the Pakistani obsession of looking Afghan or looking remotely anything like the people west of the sub-continental area?  I have never heard so much preoccupation with Afghans, Persians and Arabs until I moved to Chicago (which is dominantly Pakistani).

Most people from "brown nations(Latin/South America, Middle East, South Asia) are confused for different ethnicities in the West. Some of the more insecure ones think that being mistaken for anything else such as a  mexican italian or an inuit is a compliment.
And the same can be said about Persians who love to talk about being mistaken for greek(see dcpersia.com) or Indians and Bangladeshis who love to talk about being mistaken for white(see ratedesi.com ;) )

And, btw....An online site claims that MadhuBala is of Pathan descent, but she could easily pass for a legit North Indian.  To be honest, I was surprised that she was ethnically Pathan (if that site is right).

Madhubala looks very very Pashtun. I don't see how she doesnt. Some people are really misinformed about how a Pashtun is supposed to look like and again Irano-afghans(the bulk of Pashtuns) aren't very different in morphology than Nordindids(the bulk of Punjabis).

Yes you are correct Madhubala is Pathan, from U.P, (khan surname) if i took your line i would argue she must be Hindu also Shah rukh is as well from Delhi, not your blue eyed and fair type

I see  the point you're making about many Pashtuns being brown eyed and darkskinned contrary to what people like to believe but Shahrukh Khan isn't the best example. His mother is Indian(i don't know her ethnicity). Same with Salman Khan who looks very Nordindid despite having a Marathi mother.

UP Brahmins arent Nordic in the slightest. A couple might be Nordinidic..How many Brahmins live in the mountains would you say?

Yes they arent nordic but they ARE nordindid. The Brahmins of UP and most of India are almost entirely Nordindid along with the populations of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh etc.

That's what the census of 1931 said:
"Racial Element C.
(C) Another long-headed strain with comparatively lower but longer head and tall stature and possessing a long face and prominent narrow long nose. It its purest form it is found in the North-west Himalayan tribes like the Kaffirs and the Pathan where the skin colour is predominantly of a rosy white tint and an appreciable number have grey-blue eyes and chestnut hair. In the plains of Northern India, among the Sikhs of the Punjab and the Brahmin of the U.P. the skin colour changes to a light transparent brown. Here also there is a small proportion of people having light eyes and brownish hair. Among this type also the hair is usually straight and the pilous system well developed. "

And most educated people on race forums agree.

As for surnames, I should clear up the confusion about "Khan". All it means is "belongs to". So Shahid Khan Afridi, means Shahid of the Afridi tribe. It is used on its own for a surname as well (indeed mine is also Khan), but its use does not signify pashtun ancestry.

hmm i didnt know that. thanks for the info.

This is Ustad Amjad Ali Khan of the Bangash tribe of Pashtuns (My dad knows him personally)  I dont get it...I can show you Indians as fair or fairer then him.  BTW his sons, who are fairer then him in person, have the same skin tone as me so what is your point ? 

Thank you. Not all pashtuns are lightskinned but then any logically thinking person would know that.

Let me get this straight, you're an Afghan...?  What is your tribal affiliation from both your mothers and your fathers side?  I have known about half-dozen afghans and let me tell you they'd beat you to pulp if you told them you're an afghan/pathan or whatever, they hate pathans and say that they're punjab mixbreeds!

Rajput hunnie, just because you hang around illiterate people with anger management issues doesn't mean you're right.

Pathan=Pashtun=Afghan. I know pure Pashtuns from Pakistan(Swat to be exact) who migrated to Karachi and call themselves pathan because its a fairly common term.

An example of Pashtuns who intermarried with local muslims are the Rohilla Pathans who fled to Guyana because of persecution.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 08:29

Having the name Kapoor doesnt mean anything if you think about it. It's much like the name Khan doesnt mean Pathan (though a lot have some Pashtun ancestry in this case).

wrong. Khan, Singh and Sharma are names that dont have much significance but names like Kapoor, Afridi and Durrani show ancestry and heritage.

If you do a search for Patel and Muslim, you'll come across a load of Muslim Patels. I've actually met a couple. I'm sure some exist in Punjab, but if they dont so what?

Yes there are muslim patels from Gujarat but Punjabi Patels don't exist.

http://www.nilacharal.com/picture/celeb_wedding/images/wb_4.jpg

Karisma Kapoor is beautiful. And besides her mother Babita is Sindhi and Karisma is an identical copy of her mother so why are her looks always credited to her "pathan father"?

Anways, this is getting ridiculous.  Leave it to a Paki to provoke a pointless argument on having fair skin and light eyes. 

people everywhere discuss light skin and light eyes simply because most humans are superficial and they love talking about looks. What's with the racial slurs?

Telde you need to go watch 'Syriana' and find out what facial features are perceived by other people when the word 'Pakistani' comes to mind.  By the way Telde your people are treated worst than animals in those  Arabian countries, wonder why they take so much pride in claiming descent from their former masters (Arabs + Mughals).

Never ever have i seen a Pakistani IN REAL LIFE claim to be descended from Arabs. Yes persians but that's debatable since many persians DID settle in the Deccan plateau.

and besides  Spaniards look down upon people from Latin America even though most of them are of Spanish ancestry. I dont see ur point.

The Balochis might genuinely have Syrian ancestry though, and some Pakistanis do have Arab and Persian origins. Princess Sarvath of Jordan is one such example of Pakistani with Arab ancestry. She's a Hashamite which I believe the Jordanians also consider as Arab.

There are many arab people who still settle in Pakistan even though people don't know about it. The former Miss Pakistan is of first generation lebanese-palestinian descent because her parents settled in Pakistan and now she's engaged to a Pakistani.

so its unfair to say that all pakistanis who claim to be part arab are lying. Personally i know a half kuwaiti girl, a half saudi girl and a half syrian boy and i've seen their parents so i know they're not lying.

If he's referring to Himachal Pradesh as one big mountain, then he's wrong as most of the people are clearly dark (at least I would class them as such).

No, most people in Himachal Pradesh are lightskinned. See Preity Zinta who is fairer than most indians but very very typical for Himachal Pradesh in terms of her pigmentation. But then even Preity zinta is considered swarthy by European standards if that's what you're comparing her to.

If you disagree with this, then you're disagreeing with most racial experts.

http://www.flonnet.com/fl2024/images/20031205005501603.jpg
Most people would classify the men in these pictures as Nordindid especially the two in the back right and the one with the glasses.

How is Aishwarya Rai in the remotest bit typical of Indian looks? She's had nose jobs and probably runs the skin lightening industry in India. Also she wears coloured contact lenses and though she grew up in South India, she is definitely not representative of South Indian looks.

her features!  paint her brown andd then compare her to other indians.
She has had NO nosejobs, her mother has the same slightly hooked nose and her skin isn't bleached. Bleached skin is rough looking while Aishwarya has very smooth skin and countless paparazzi pictures have proven that her eyes are naturally grey-green. If you want me to post pictures to prove my point just ask.

She is VERY typical of Coorgis from the Mangalore coast. Just as Imran Khan isn't typical for Pakistanis in general but he's quite typical for Pashtuns see what i'm getting at?

Well, I'm non Indian, and I have never heard of it. If you're saying that Indian girls generally have thin noses and full lips, I'd probably disagree. Some have thin noses and narrow lips, some big noses and narrow or big lips. The eyes are of same size to other peoples around the world I guess.

i agree there's not one Indian look but then i know most people agree that indians have big eyes.

South Indian noses where she's from will be either Wedide (as Rajput's picture shows) or Gracilo-Indide. Both of these have flat noses, though I'm pretty sure you get a lot of exceptions. But in general, she doesnt have a South Indian nose. The thinner Indian noses are found in Punjab and the NorthWest of India, generally among the higher castes and Sikhs.

Her nose is very typical of Coorgis. Coorgis are different looking than the rest of South India as i've mentioned before.

Those are again actresses hand picked for their exceptional looks, that dont look Indian in my opinion.

You have a very stereotypical view of indians. These girls are much more attractive than the general population but they do have indian features and like i said indian features can mean practically anything. Besides, the last girl is a normal girl not an actress who happens to have those features that you think are reserved for bollywood.

Having one or two people in a cimmunity with light eyes or East Asian looks isnt really a good representation of the people of India. It's like having a Vietnamese play a Punjabi, it wouldnt really be that accurate of the majority of the people.

Sooo many generalizations. Take the example of Udita Goswami, now you might think she doesn't look the least bit indian but go to Assam or Manipur and she'll fit right in.

The states of Orissa 36,804,660, Assam 26,655,528,  Meghalaya 2,318,822,  Nagaland 1,990,036,  Manipur  2,166,788,  Arunachal Pradesh 1,097,968,  Sikkim 540,851 and signicant numbers of people in West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal have mongoloid features. so those features are hardly uncommon. The mongoloid look is as indian as anything else.

Same with someone like Aishwarya Rai, her look might be uncommon for India but take a trip down south to Coorg and you'll see many lookalikes. One of my friend said that Aishwarya isn't as pretty as other Coorgi girls who have similar features.

Saying someone doesnt look indian is like saying someone doesnt look American. An indian-american is as american looking as an american of anglo descent or an african american.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:15

Indian actress Urmila Matondkar (L) and Pakistani actress Resham (R) on the formers visit to Pakistan.  Now Urmila is of Marathi origin from the south western state of Maharashtra, so you tell me people, how different are their features?  Oh yea and for the record those guys in the backdrop are Pakistani.

if you ask me, very different. Urmila is a maharashtrian brahmin and nordindid.

Resham on the other hand has slightly mongoloid features. Remnant of the Huns(just like Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)?)

Even if she is Tamil, she is not what your average Tamil looks like without hair colouring or lighting. If you want to see Tamils, look at the Sri Lankan cricket team

why take a sri lankan when you can look at indian tamils. and what makes you think she's tamil? she could be a malaylee too. And YES she does look typical for AT LEAST tamil brahmins even though tamil brahmins tend to be much much lighter skinned than that girl.

Look here: a tamil leper from India. She has the same skin tone and slim nose as that girl so that makes me think slim noses aren't very uncommon in South India contrary to what people say. hhmmm

I never said they arent Indian, but those features would perhaps be found mainly in the Brahmin caste or Sikhs, which form about 6% of the Indian population. The other 94% dont look anything like it.

i've show you a south indian leper with those features, Rajput girl posted a regular girl(shes a makeup artist in the US btw). What else do we have to do to prove to you that you're wrong?

Racial Type A would fit for Rajputs etc, some Sikhs would be racial C as well. Racial type A might fit the face structure of the actresses you put up, though I'm not sure the nose matches up so they're probably more C, but even then these I think are in the upper castes of the North West of the country.

As you can tell the nordindids extend deep into UP which has the largest population in India. No and no. As your map illustrates Rajasthan is populated by Nordindids so you just contradicted yourself ;)

And again, the caste system didnt gain much ground in Greater Punjab. so a Jatt might be considered lower caste than a Khatri(even though everywhere i go jatts consider themselves superior to everyone) but racially they arent any more or less nordindid than the rest of the population of Punjab save for the Chamars.

Indians in general dont look like they do in Bollywood is the point I've been trying to make. I dont think the colours really represent most of what Indians look like, and I think it shows facial features more of the upper castes in the North West of the country, not the majority of North Indians.

Northwest Indians look like the people in Bollywood just because the majority of the people working in the industry are from the area of Greater Punjab. The other indians have their own industry. Heard of the Bhojpuri films? Bengali films? Tollywood?

Even though times are changing and more bengali and other actresses are coming into the industry.

The genetics would be different if each marry into their own caste. But, does that also mean that caste groupings are concentrated regionally. i dont think so. So a proportional amount of geneticaly distinct castes spread all over india seems far fetched, or isnt it. 

Intercaste marriages arent very common in India. maybe times have changed but even a generation ago, they were very uncommon.

This woman is not your average South Indian in the slightest, neither is she your typical central Indian or North East Indian. She might be Punjabi, perhaps Sikh, or from some North Western state, but she could quite easily be from some Middle Eastern country. To mistake her for a South Indian I think is just impossible.

Are you kidding me???  Rekha is as indian looking as it gets. She doesnt even look like a stereotypical Pakistani who are longerheaded in general and lighter skinned too if you ask me.

And while i was busy googling for Rekha, here's another Rekha i found. Rekha Mirchand to be exact. Ignore her mixed race daughter.
So does she also not look indian??

and how about Miss Rekha Pedarkar

Does she also look middle eastern?

and how about this Rekha from Bihar??

Is her nose not flat enough for South Indians? Does she also look like  a sikh or lebanese?

An older Rekha

what part of her looks sikh or middle eastern to you? Middle eastern people have very prominent features.

Like the 72% Aryan make up of India being quoted by Indians

That 72% is Indo-aryan and again its from the CIA Factbook written by ignorant americans who coined that term for god knows what reasons.

Do you think these women look Punjabi?  Both girls have South Indian mothers and Punjabi fathers.   Their features aren't too different from the actress posted earlier. 

Priyanka Chopra is actually only a quarter south indian. And i agree Priyanka doesn't look like a typical punjabi at all.

The same thing could be said about you.    Like I said, leave it to the Indians to decide who looks like what.  Would you like it if Telegus dicated what Pathans looked like, and criticized the Pathan models in Pakistan for looking too "European" and non-representative of people in NWFP.

I get your point but there are almost no Pathan models in Pakistan.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:18
Originally posted by Afghanan

Obviously by reading this post you can see:

1.   Indians brag about Aryan (Indo-European) heritage more than anybody else.

I'd say Persians brag the most ;)

2.  Most Indians do not have light features or light skin or light eyes, and thats perfectly alright.

agreed
3.  It is completely pointless to prove Aryans were blonde and blue eyed because they were not.

In my opinion, Indians are beautiful people and this caste system must be erased.

[/QUOTE]
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:25
wow, 9 posts, each packed, welcome to the forum rolopolo.

just so you know, in this forum after [quote if you write = then the name of the user you are quoting followed by a ] you get their name in the quote too.

ie

(open sqaure bracket) quote=anujkhamar (close square bracket)

would look like this
Originally posted by anujkhamar

i'm sure you know how to end a quote as you have done so about 20 times so far.

As I said, welcome.

Edited by Anujkhamar - 28-Jul-2006 at 09:27
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:41

Originally posted by Afghanan

Obviously by reading this post you can see:

1.   Indians brag about Aryan (Indo-European) heritage more than anybody else.

I'd say Persians brag the most ;)

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7711/nagmascousinneloreindia2lz.jpg

I would like to point out that this girl is a street girl from South India. and shes very beautiful imo.

What's wrong with being dark, really dark skinned with beautiful dark eyes and jet black hair? cannot this be considered beautiful?

what's wrong with people like you assuming that people in this topic are ashamed of being dark? i have read every single post in here and no one has given me that impression so why would you assume that?
and an example of someone who's very dark with black hair and brown eyes and is still considered stunning by most indians is this girl, Garima Parnami from Bihar.

In London theres a huge Sout Asian community, to be honest I've never a white looking Indian or one with Brown or blonde hair, I'm just being honest. But my friend is a Bengal and his paps has a Red beard but I think its dyed hehe.

by white if you mean european looking then of course not. South asians are their own race composed or indics, weddids, nordindids and irano-afghans. why would they look like europeans? I know some pakistani girls from the UK however who claim to have been mistaken for white...wanna see pictures? they are both pashtun btw.

The lightest Indian I've ever seen could pass for an Arab, Persian or Turk but not really for a white European.

Thats extremely subjective. I've seen indians much darker than me who get mistaken for italian. I've seen italians that look indian. The world is too mixed up to generalize like this.

I didnt request anything. I know what virtually all of the eye colour of Indians is. If you type in South Indian in google, you'll get an idea. You have to search pretty hard to find people with fair eyes simply because it's not from around that region, just like frizzy hair isnt. First 6 or 7 results from google show more or less what's common and what isnt.

liar. The first picture of a human that came up when i searched south india in google images is this:

I do agree however that most of South India is dark skined and has black hair and black eyes. ALso you can generalize further by saying that they dont have oriental features and that their eyes are usually big. It's the noses and lips that can vary a lot although snubbed noses are uncommon if they exist at all.

http://www.personal-finance.tv/images/smiling-kenyan-child.jpg

i hope you know that this kid's eyes are photoshopped. and a very poor job at that.

Aren't most of the light featured bollywood stars either "Pathans" or Parsees anyway? I have even heard of actual Iranians getting into the Bollywood industry too.

The three Parsees are Nauheed Cyrusi, Perizad Zorabian and the half parsee-half south indian John Abraham. There are others but they aren't very famous at all. The Pashtuns are mostly mixed such as Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan.

The only real iranian is Negar Khan(see how she changed her last name to fit into bollywood) and she looks like a transvestite.

Historically, it's been in the last couple of centuries that Pakistan and India have been the same country, but other than that for not very long.

yes. people always forget that.

Anuj,
They are still a minority.  Look at Deols, Jackie, Hritik, Devgan, Abraham, Moreo, Akshay Kumar, Akshay Khanna, Tushar, junior bachan, etc

I completely agree but Jackie Shroff is half turkish ;)

Edited by rollopollo - 28-Jul-2006 at 09:50
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:43
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

wow, 9 posts, each packed, welcome to the forum rolopolo.

just so you know, in this forum after [quote if you write = then the name of the user you are quoting followed by a ] you get their name in the quote too.

ie

(open sqaure bracket) quote=anujkhamar (close square bracket)

would look like this
Originally posted by anujkhamar

i'm sure you know how to end a quote as you have done so about 20 times so far.

As I said, welcome.

lol clicking on the quote button is gonna take too much time in my quest to reply to every single post in this thread LOL

i'll stick to copying and pasting unless theres a rule i should be aware of.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 09:50
Rolopolo, refer to some of the posts a few pages earlier about the whole indo-pak same country argument. It's completly wrong to say that they were separate throughout history until recently.

There have been times that Pakistan has been comepletly separate, but these do not outnumber the times where they havn't.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 10:25

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/GBAMap.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/300px-Ghaznevid.JPG

] http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/20060628_221528_Map_of_Iran_Ach.gif

interesting how the area of the kushan empire, the archaeminds empire and the Ghaznavid empire. correlate with the area of the nordindid settlements.

Just confirms my beliefs that Pakistan shares a similar history with only northwest India.

Originally posted by RajputGirl

welcome to the mind of a Pakistani raised abroad. 

The answer is is that they hate Indians or anything associated with it.  We Indians are aboriginal monkeys to them.

That's why they want to use "foreign" stuff to make themselves feel better.

WTH!!! There are Pakis who are obsessed with bollywood and there are so many pakis who love to say stuff like "all us desis are the same" even on Ratedesi,There are indians who pretend they aren't indian. I know some who pretend they're hispanic. lol and then there are sooo many punjabis who distance themselves from other Indians.

Besides there are tons of indians who hate being called pakistani. I once asked this indian girl if she was pakistani and she gave me the dirtiest look ever. Even though she was hideous and the only reason i mistook her was because i had just came from Pakistan and i mistook every single lightskinned desi and persian for a pakistani.

teldeinduz is right though. Pakistanis share a common heritage with people from northwestern India. No Pakistani will disagree with you on this. There are still some differences from region to region though that can be ignored for now.

If you're going to ask me if i have anything to do with a bengali then i won't agree. That does NOT mean i look down upon bengalis or i hate them. It's just a fact. 

Originally posted by aarya

The acheivemets of we Indians in the speheres of mathematics, physical sciences, art, architecture, religion, philosophy, dances havent been surpassed by any contemporary nation of History....
     All Indians , the immediate aim is to place India again in the laegue of civilization which we fell from after teh muslim Invasions(though got it survived in the anals of vijayanagar )
      the inheritors of the civilization of the land from Peninsular India  to the afgannisthan are the Hindus who still have the state of mind which gave those civilizations and not those modern pakisthanis and afgans who just inherited the phyical attributes but failed becoz of Islam to inherit the spirit which accomplished such great acheivments....

very offtopic and completely racist.

Originally posted by vedam

Rawalpindi, Sialkot, Lahore, Peshawar, Multan, Taxshila are Indian cities and their origins are Sanskrit names, not Farsi, Greek, or Pshto.

Names change. Sialkot used to be called Sagala under the Greco-bactrian empire when it was the capital. Is that also a sanskrit name? just curious. even if it is that doesnt mean anything.

Does Islamabad's name make the city arabic? My point is that cities and countries change names over times and under different empires. Just like pakistani city names are being islamicised right now, 300 years later if the Chinese take over, they will have different names.

Originally posted by digvijay

Very well said rajputani!  Pakistanis in general take pride in somehow tracing their ancestry to Arabs when they do not realise most of them were Hindu Shudras converted to Islam on the edge of the sword.

wth? I already answered the first part of your post but Pakistanis were NOT Hindu shudras. The area of Pakistan has historically been settled by various tribes and groups and are descended from them rather than indigenous indians.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 10:40

Rolopolo, refer to some of the posts a few pages earlier about the whole indo-pak same country argument. It's completly wrong to say that they were separate throughout history until recently.

There have been times that Pakistan has been comepletly separate, but these do not outnumber the times where they havn't.

i am more of  a picture person to be honest and all the maps posted so far confirm my beliefs. please post more maps if you have any. LOL

Originally posted by aarya

How u call decendants, Pakishtanis are not decendants of these civilizations as I said earlier what makes a civilization is the thoughts of its people... I give a simple example for ur brain to perceive what I emant.....
In a forum discussing looks of aryan indians who cares about people's thoughts??? Are the Chinese indian because they follow buddhism? Are the Polish middleastern since they follow christianity?
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 10:48
Originally posted by rollopollo

i am more of  a picture person to be honest and all the maps posted so far confirm my beliefs. please post more maps if you have any. LOL

and you're beliefs are?

I seem to get a feeling that you and me are arguing the same point.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 11:53

and you're beliefs are?

I seem to get a feeling that you and me are arguing the same point.

lolz ok i'll summarize.

First, the majority of Indians are brown skinned, brown eyed and black haired.

1)since the original poster asked, i believe the lightest indians are punjabis of Greater Punjab, Coorgis, kashmiris, konkanis, chitpavans and brahmins from everywhere. Also people from the northeastern states have light skin combined with oriental features. Lightskinned or even light eyed people aren't very uncommon in those communities.

2) Pakistan and part of India(the northwest) have a similar history. So saying all indians are like all Pakistanis is a generalization. For ex. a paki from punjab or NWFP has nothing to do with a bengali or a person from Orissa.

3) People of Greater Punjab, kashmiris, konkanis, chitpavans, Coorgis and brahmins from everywhere are Nordindid. Nordindid isn't the same as irano-afghan although it's very similar. So nordindids dont form 0.000001% of India as some people like to claim.

4) Still, other ethnicities of India can have light skin or light eyes too just like a punjabi can be darkskinned too.

5) Blond hair doesnt exist in India

6) The percentage of light eyes in the groups i mentioned isnt as less as some people are saying.

7) Indo-aryan is a term coined by the CIA which means NOTHING.

8) Pathans=pashtuns=afghans.

9) People in the northwest subcontinent are not indigenous to India. They are descended from various invaders and settlers.

10) People in bollywood(aishwarya and Hrithik included) look more indian than anything else(besides maybe afghan or pakistani). So saying that they are some sort of foreign nordic looking ppl is wrong.
Also, they might not look like the typical indian but they are fairly typical for their communties. Amrita Rao looks like any other Saraswat Brahmin, Aishwarya Rai is just another light eyed Mangalorean, Aditi Govitrikar and Madhuri Dixit look like other Chitpavans etc.

11) There isn't just one indian look. Oriental looks are as indian as the brown skinned, big eyed look that people say is stereotypically indian.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:49

Originally posted by rollopollo

2) Pakistan and part of India(the northwest) have a similar history. So saying all indians are like all Pakistanis is a generalization. For ex. a paki from punjab or NWFP has nothing to do with a bengali or a person from Orissa.

Agreed in full. Of course a Pakistani will have almost nothing to do with someone from Orissa (history wise), apart from under the Mauryan Empire. But then again, someone from Gujarat shares near to no history with someone in Tamil Nadu.

But the fact remains that an Indian can share his history with a Pakistani. The further you get from the border on both sides the less history they share.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>