Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When did Kurds and Persians first names use ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When did Kurds and Persians first names use ?
    Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 08:32
Originally posted by Xorto

Originally posted by Ince

I also find Zazaki hard to understand, Sorani I can understand better and at times it is hard as well.  But I also find Gorani hard to understand as well.  

makes no sense cause Hewrami leki and Sorani are way much closer to each other They also understand each other very well. You mix some louds up with the hole language. Sorani and Gurani(hewrami-Leki) have gramatic what is untypical for Kurmanci or Zazaki. And zazaki and Kurmanci have louds grammatics what is untypical for Gurani or Sorani.

I do find Zazaki a bit more easier to understand then say Gorani/Hawrami.  I think if I understood the simple differences, I might understand them a little bit better.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 08:34
I always wanted to know if it was true that Darius the great killed Cyrus children? or is just nonsense?
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 10:08

Between Ince you said you never saw Kurds with Caucasian cultur. Here is a group of Kurds with Caucasian music. The melody is 100% Caucasian most probably Lezgin.  

Edited by Xorto - 04-Dec-2010 at 10:24
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 18:45

Between Ince you said you never saw Kurds with Caucasian cultur. Here is a group of Kurds with Caucasian music. The melody is 100% Caucasian most probably Lezgin.
This doesn’t mean anything.  Kurds of Caucasus dance different Caucasian folk dances on their parties. Kurds of Turkey dance Turkish folk dances, Kurds of Iraq Arabic folk dances, Kurds of Iran other Iranian folk dances.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 04-Dec-2010 at 23:29
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 19:06

That does not really mean anything, those are just a very small amount of Kurds.  You can find some Kurds who follow some Arabic culture and some others.  My point is majority or nearly all Kurds have mostly Indo-European culture similar to South Eastern europeans and other Iranic people.
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 19:35

Na bro you didn´t understand me very well . I tried to explain you that it makes no sense using Mede- Scythian-Hurrian together as tjhe ancestors of Kurds cause The medes were in fact by their own a conferderation of Scythians Hurrians and so on. You understand what I mean? It is like someone ask you about your family and you tell him My People are the Merdoz and my Father is Salih Merdoz. It is unlogical to count your father seperate cause he belongs to the Merdoz family too.
Hmm no. Median empire was a confederation of many people, but that doesn’t mean that the Medes didn’t exist. Like people in Turkey. Not all people in Turkey are Turks, but there live also the original Turks or people who call themselves Turks. Same with the Median empire, not all people were the Medes, but there were people who called themselves the Medes and belonged to the origianl Median tribes.

About the Parthians please bro before you write something what could irritate People Inform yourself a bit.  The Parthians were a tribe of Scythians.
Ok. I read somewhere that according classical historians like Strabo the language of Parthians was half-Scythic, half-Median.

By the way Jews NEVER called Kurds Medes they called them People of Corduene, the Greeks never called the People of Corduene Medes but a group of People speaking a dialect of Scythian.
Ok.

But what I meant to say is that the Bilble is full of references to the Medes. Ancient Jews wrote a lot about the Medes and defined the ancient Kurds as the Medes.

You can say you are proud of the Median Dynasty or empire were also the ancestors of Kurds were in. But you can´t say I am proud of a Median tribe. Because this never existed.
Where did you get this from? I don’t like to be ignorant, but I don’t think you’re right. The Medes did exist! The Medes came and defeated the Assyrians 612 BC.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 04-Dec-2010 at 23:37
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 19:37

And may I ask you why you’re so obsessed with the Scythians?

Did you know that according some people the Kurds are the ancient Elamites or even ancient Chaldeans?

I don't believe most non-Kurds who write about the Kurds and our ethnicity and history. Especially I don't believe the Armenians. Who I do believe are Kurdish historians and according our historians Kurds are the descendants of citizens of the Median empire (not the Scythian empire)... !

Edit:

I'm sorry if this sounds a little bit hostile. Not my purpose.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 04-Dec-2010 at 23:40
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 21:14
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

Did you know that according some people the Kurds are the ancient Elamites or even ancient Chaldeans?

I don't believe most non-Kurds who write about the Kurds and our ethnicity and history. Especially I don't believe the Armenians. Who I do believe are Kurdish historians and according our historians Kurds are the descendants of citizens of the Median empire (not the Scythian empire)... !

I think because their is more evidence of Scythian influence on Kurds then say Median.  Corduene is believed to have been Sycthian as many evidence from Sycthian stelas and the names of the Kings indicates Sycthian.  But I am not sure if that is the case for all Kurds, as their were mention of Kurds in Southern Kurdistan at same times as the Corduene.  Also Strabo mentioned that people with the similar name Kurd, were at war with eachother but he also reffered to Corduene as Parthian tribes.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 21:21
And if you like the Median theory regarding Kurds, you should read "Return of the Medes" by Hamma F. Mirwaisi, written by a Kurd. 

I read some of it on Google Books and found that he was out their with his theorys and he was  pro-Aryan and mentioned alot things that did not make sense.  He says that the Medes and Persians are the descendeds of the
Matienes.  He also reffered to the Sassanids as having Median origin and says that they descended of Median family and his the only one who says this.  So I take what he wrote with a grain of salt.

Edited by Ince - 04-Dec-2010 at 21:27
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 22:18

I think because their is more evidence of Scythian influence on Kurds then say Median.  Corduene is believed to have been Sycthian as many evidence from Sycthian stelas and the names of the Kings indicates Sycthian.  But I am not sure if that is the case for all Kurds, as their were mention of Kurds in Southern Kurdistan at same times as the Corduene.  Also Strabo mentioned that people with the similar name Kurd, were at war with eachother but he also reffered to Corduene as Parthian tribes.
Oh I see, thanks! I didn’t know that Corduene was associated with the Scythians! And that the Jews mentioned our lost kingdom, Corduene.

Oh and that the rulers of Adiabene (other Kurdish Kingdom) belonged to the Scythian dynasty! And that Hawler / Arbil was a capital of Adiabene. Now the capital of South Kurdistan.

Saladin was of the Adiabene origin!

But if Scythians and Parthians were the same people, why did Parthians have different name for Adiabene than Scythians? They called it Norshirakan. And why did Scythian people fight the Parthians?

Edited by MediaWarLord - 04-Dec-2010 at 22:31
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 22:32

Oh I see, thanks! I didn’t know that Corduene was associated with the Scythians! And that the Jews mentioned our lost kingdom, Corduene.

Oh and that the rulers of Adiabene (other Kurdish Kingdom) belonged to the Scythian dynasty! And that Hawler / Arbil was a capital of Adiabene. Now the capital of South Kurdistan.

Saladin was of the Adiabene origin!

But if Scythians and Parthians were the same people, why did Parthians have different name for Adiabene than Scythians? They called it Norshirakan. And why did Scythian people fight Parthians if they were the same?

I am not sure about the name thing as I do not have info on that.  Parthians and Sycthians were more like cousins that eventually became hostile towards eachother do to some reason I do not know of.  I think Strabos reffered to Corduene as Parthian, because at that time they were sided with the Parthians.   Corduene even sided with the romans agaisnt the Parthians and then against Sassanids, when at same time southern Kurds were supporting the Sassanids.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 22:37
Regarding Corduene,  Also i want to add that Corduene was a small state and did not cover everywhere that Kurds lived.  So not all Kurds were from Corduene.

From a Kurdish site.

Names of Corduene Kings

Corduene was a kingdom in ancient Kurdistan, often been neglected by scholars. Among their notable kings were Zarbienus and Manisarus, whose etymology of names discloses the nature of the Iranic dialect they spoke: a middle Scythian dialect, the same as neighbouring Adiabene to the south of the kingdom.

Zarbienus, also recorded as Zarbiene, and Zarbien, (early-mid 1st c. BC), made overtures to Appius Claudius, when the latter was staying at Antiocheia, wishing to shake off the yoke of Tigranes. He was informed against, however, and was assassinated with his wife and children before the Romans entered Armenia. When Lucullus arrived he celebrated his funeral rites with great pomp, setting fire to the funeral pile with his own hand, and had a sumptuous monument erected to him. His name is comprised of two components, the first part is ''zar'', middle Iranic development for gold/golden, deriving from the old Avestan and Scythian ''zaranya''. The old Persian equivalentx of zaranya was daranya, whle later on, Zar entered as a loan into Persian and replaced the original old Persian daranya.
Plutarch as even recorded the name as Zerbienus, which reflectes typical middle and new Kurdish development of /a>e/.
It is is cognate with name of queen of eastern Scythians (Sakas), "Zarina". She led a rebellion by Scythians and Parthians against the Median King Cyaxares, who according to Herodotus had recovered his kingdom through intoxicating Scythian nobles. (that is after Scythian king Madius had counqered the Medes. The name of Zarina which means golden, is till used for Kurdish females. The name has also been borroowed into Persian.

Manisarus (ca. 115 AD) took control over Armenia and Mesopotamia; therefor Osroes, the Parthian king, declared war against him; Manisarus sided with Romans. There are some coins extant, which are assigned to Manisarus. The etymology of his name is explained by linguist and orientalist Ferdinand Justi (author of "Kurdische Grammatik"), in his valuable book "Iranisches Namenbuch" to mean "unique and unparalleled lord/master".
The image above, shows an old drawing from one of the silver coins of the King Manisarus. Note King's headband (or diadem), typical for Scythian kings, such as King Izates II of Adiabene.

Edited by Ince - 04-Dec-2010 at 22:41
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 00:16

I am not sure about the name thing as I do not have info on that.  Parthians and Sycthians were more like cousins that eventually became hostile towards eachother do to some reason I do not know of.  I think Strabos reffered to Corduene as Parthian, because at that time they were sided with the Parthians.   Corduene even sided with the romans agaisnt the Parthians and then against Sassanids, when at same time southern Kurds were supporting the Sassanids.
I guess Kurds can’t without fighting each other. And others benefit from such circumstances.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 08:22

I guess Kurds can’t without fighting each other. And others benefit from such circumstances.

In those days I think it was different.  Their was no sense of unity among Kurds that exists today.  Back then they might of seen eachother as been different tribes.
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 15:51

This doesn’t mean anything.  Kurds of Caucasus dance different Caucasian folk dances on their parties. Kurds of Turkey dance Turkish folk dances, Kurds of Iraq Arabic folk dances, Kurds of Iran other Iranian folk dances.

Kurds of Caucasus? This are Kurds of Anatolia.
Small group of Kurds? oh God almost 90% of Mardin and Sirnak dance to Caucasian style music. Big smile

Arabic Folkdance Oh god? you getting time to time more absurd. 

The Iraqi Kurds dance Halparke the same like kurds of Iran do. Ever seen a Persian dancing Halparke? Or an Arab dancing Gowend?

Kurds of Turkey dance Gowend and this has nothing to do with turkish dances. Turks up to 90% dance Cifteteli or Horon. 

Edited by Xorto - 05-Dec-2010 at 16:33
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 15:52
Edit

Edited by Xorto - 05-Dec-2010 at 16:34
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 16:03

Hmm no. Median empire was a confederation of many people, but that doesn’t mean that the Medes didn’t exist. Like people in Turkey. Not all people in Turkey are Turks, but there live also the original Turks or people who call themselves Turks. Same with the Median empire, not all people were the Medes, but there were people who called themselves the Medes and belonged to the origianl Median tribes.

Your comparing is so wrong man that I don´t even feel the need to explain it to you again. I study for almost 2 years now this things and believe me Iam not talking without any knowledge. So in your oppinion there were also a tribe called the achaemenids?

Ok. I read somewhere that according classical historians like Strabo the language of Parthians was half-Scythic, half-Median.
I have seen almost all sources never heared about that. Could you show me your source were Strabo wrote Parthian is half Med half Scythian . Are you sharing a language in half and half? how do you imagine this? Thats the best answer "I Read somewhere"

But what I meant to say is that the Bilble is full of references to the Medes. Ancient Jews wrote a lot about the Medes and defined the ancient Kurds as the Medes.

You still don´t understand it do you? I never said Kurds are were not a part of Median Conferderation. The Medes never existed as one tribe thats why no body talks about the Medes but about the Median Conferderation.

Where did you get this from? I don’t like to be ignorant, but I don’t think you’re right. The Medes did exist! The Medes came and defeated the Assyrians 612 BC.

That almost hurts my Eyes. Sorry but this really sound Ignorant. Don´t you understand what I am saying? THE MEDIAN EMPIRE DID EXIST BUT A MEDIAN TRIBE NEVER! That the Medes defeated the Assyrians is not a prove that they existed as one homogen tribe.

Edited by Xorto - 05-Dec-2010 at 16:37
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 16:18

Regarding Corduene,  Also i want to add that Corduene was a small state and did not cover everywhere that Kurds lived.  So not all Kurds were from Corduene.

From a Kurdish site.

Names of Corduene Kings

Corduene was a kingdom in ancient Kurdistan, often been neglected by scholars. Among their notable kings were Zarbienus and Manisarus, whose etymology of names discloses the nature of the Iranic dialect they spoke: a middle Scythian dialect, the same as neighbouring Adiabene to the south of the kingdom.

Zarbienus, also recorded as Zarbiene, and Zarbien, (early-mid 1st c. BC), made overtures to Appius Claudius, when the latter was staying at Antiocheia, wishing to shake off the yoke of Tigranes. He was informed against, however, and was assassinated with his wife and children before the Romans entered Armenia. When Lucullus arrived he celebrated his funeral rites with great pomp, setting fire to the funeral pile with his own hand, and had a sumptuous monument erected to him. His name is comprised of two components, the first part is ''zar'', middle Iranic development for gold/golden, deriving from the old Avestan and Scythian ''zaranya''. The old Persian equivalentx of zaranya was daranya, whle later on, Zar entered as a loan into Persian and replaced the original old Persian daranya.
Plutarch as even recorded the name as Zerbienus, which reflectes typical middle and new Kurdish development of /a>e/.
It is is cognate with name of queen of eastern Scythians (Sakas), "Zarina". She led a rebellion by Scythians and Parthians against the Median King Cyaxares, who according to Herodotus had recovered his kingdom through intoxicating Scythian nobles. (that is after Scythian king Madius had counqered the Medes. The name of Zarina which means golden, is till used for Kurdish females. The name has also been borroowed into Persian.

Manisarus (ca. 115 AD) took control over Armenia and Mesopotamia; therefor Osroes, the Parthian king, declared war against him; Manisarus sided with Romans. There are some coins extant, which are assigned to Manisarus. The etymology of his name is explained by linguist and orientalist Ferdinand Justi (author of "Kurdische Grammatik"), in his valuable book "Iranisches Namenbuch" to mean "unique and unparalleled lord/master".
The image above, shows an old drawing from one of the silver coins of the King Manisarus. Note King's headband (or diadem), typical for Scythian kings, such as King Izates II of Adiabene.

The Kingdom of Corduene was not equal to the homeland of Carduchians. the Armenian King Tigran conquered almost half of Corduene and also settled armenians there but it is a FACT THAT CARDUCHIANS ALSO EXISTED EVERYWERE ELSE OUTSIDE THE KNOWN CORDUENE. What Iam trying to tell you is that Corduene was just one Kingdom of Carduchians. The Carduchians also existed in Adiabene and Sophene. Also the King of Adiabene and was Scythian. What Iam trying to tell you that everywhere where Kurds live no there where also Scythians.

Here some Jewish sources I showed it one time before but you peeps try to ignore it.

Corduene in Jewish Sources

Targum, a Jewish source of Talmudic period, consistently understands Ararat to be located in Gorduene and not in Armenia[11]. This region is usually identified with the landing site in Deluge mythology. According to Aggadah, Noah landed in Korduene in Armenia. Berossus was also of the opinion that Xisthros landed with his ship in Korduene [12]. Josephus cited the evidence of Berossus as proof that the Flood was not a myth and also mentioned that the remains of the Ark were still visible in the district of Carron, persumably identical with Korduene[13]. In Nashim, the third order of Talmud, Rav Nahman bar Jacob has allowed proselytization of Kurds from Corduene[14]. This points to the existence of Jewish converts among the population of Corduene in the early 4th century.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carduene

According to the Romans people living in Zagroß and Zaxo also were called Carduene

Das Corduene oder Carduene der römischen Quellen war eine Landschaft im Zagros oder dem armenischen Hochland.

Here is the real Source of Strabo what he wrote about greater Armenia Tigran and the People of Corduene he wrote that THE REAL ARMENIA WAS MUCH SMALLER AND BECAME JUST SO BIG AFTER TIGRANS CONQUERS.

http://soltdm.com/sources/mss/strab/11.htm

Don´t understand this as a attack on you guys but please don´t try to show me articles and to prove Iam wrong believe me I almost have 6 Years to do with this things and I also thought like you before. The Problem is that you guys don´t understand that even Persian Roman and Greek sources write, That among Median conferderation also many Cimmerian and Scythian tribes existed. That the Medians never were a tribe but a big conferderation. This is like I am telling you that the Americans are in fact a bunch of Britains, Germans, Italics and Mexicans who came together and build a country called this country USA and started to call themself Americans. And you tell me NO there was also a American tribe thats why they were called Americans LOL.

Edited by Xorto - 05-Dec-2010 at 16:23
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 16:44

Arabic Folkdance Oh god? you getting time to time more absurd. 
The Iraqi Kurds dance Halparke the same like kurds of Iran do. Ever seen a Persian dancing Halparke? Or an Arab dancing Gowend?

Kurds of Turkey dance Gowend and this has nothing to do with turkish dances. Turks up to 90% dance Cifteteli or Horon. 

What are you talking about? You’re twisting my words. I never said that Kurdish dances are Arabic or Turkish. Kurdish people in the western world dance at their parties Kurdish but also western dances. That doesn’t make those western dances Kurdish.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 05-Dec-2010 at 17:56
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2010 at 17:00

Hmm no. Median empire was a confederation of many people, but that doesn’t mean that the Medes didn’t exist. Like people in Turkey. Not all people in Turkey are Turks, but there live also the original Turks or people who call themselves Turks. Same with the Median empire, not all people were the Medes, but there were people who called themselves the Medes and belonged to the origianl Median tribes.

Your comparing is so wrong man that I don´t even feel the need to explain it to you again. I study for almost 2 years now this things and believe me Iam not talking without any knowledge. So in your oppinion there were also a tribe called the achaemenids?

I did not studied Kurdish history at the university and I’m not a specialist of my history. But I’m definitely certain of that the Medes existed. I don’t know much about the Persians...

I think you’re studying the wrong sources.

You still don´t understand it do you? I never said Kurds are were not a part of Median Conferderation. The Medes never existed as one tribe thats why no body talks about the Medes but about the Median Conferderation.

"Jeremiah 51:11 : 'Jehovah hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes, for his device is against Babylon to destroy it.' Media was a country east of Assyria, which is supposed to have been populated by the descendants of Madai, son of Japheth Genesis 10:2. Ancient Media extended on the west and south of the Caspian Sea, from Armenia, on the north, to Faristan or Persia proper, on the south."

Medes in Bible

Kurdish people first nation worship to Jesus after Jewish shepher's. The Wise-men follow the star to Jerusalem and bring gifts for their Messiah. Those people were Kurdish Druid (Zoroastrian) - Mat 2: 1-11

http://medeschurch.org/E-Medes%20in%20bible.html

Daniel 9:1

In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans

Acts 2:9

Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia.

Kings 17:6

In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.

Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

Ezra 6:2

And there was found at Achmetha, in the palace that is in the province of the Medes, a roll, and therein was a record thus written:

Esther 1:19

If it please the king, let there go a royal commandment from him, and let it be written among the laws of the Persians and the Medes, that it be not altered, That Vashti come no more before king Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal estate unto another that is better than she.

Isaiah13:17 

Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Jeremiah 25:25

And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,

Jeremiah 51:11

Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

Jeremiah 51:28

Prepare against her the nations with the kings of the Medes, the captains thereof, and all the rulers thereof, and all the land of his dominion.

Daniel 5:28

PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

http://medeschurch.org/E-Medes%20in%20bible.html

http://www.biblebrowser.com/acts/2-9.htm

Edited by MediaWarLord - 05-Dec-2010 at 17:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>