Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Countries in history with the most in common

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countries in history with the most in common
    Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 09:49

I think Lithuania and Belarusia (as you call i want to call it more White Ruthenia). In XIII century lithuanian and white ruthenian lands almost all joined to Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Till end of XIV century to Grand Duchy were joined almost all ruthenian lands, but after 1569 Union with Poland big part of Ruthenia (almost all modern Ukraine) were joined to Poland. So to Grand duchy left again Lithuanian and white ruthenian (belarusian lands)..After 1795 thoose lands both were joined to Russian empire and was there still 1915 (now don't remember good did german occupied Belarusian lands in 1915?). At 1919 again.. thoose to countries were joined to Litbel SSR (as i understand Lithuania - Belarusia). But this country didn't exists, Lithuania won freedom and Belarus - no.

Finally both countries were joined to Soviet union.. and only after we, lithuanians, first from all SSRS declared independence on 1990 we are different countries

What about yours?

Every moment, like last, neither earth, nor sky don't calculate time. Left only one heart in scorched bosom. Throbing only drums again, calling us into battle.
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 09:57
Originally posted by Svyturys

I think Lithuania and Belarusia (as you call i want to call it more White Ruthenia). In XIII century lithuanian and white ruthenian lands almost all joined to Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Till end of XIV century to Grand Duchy were joined almost all ruthenian lands, but after 1569 Union with Poland big part of Ruthenia (almost all modern Ukraine) were joined to Poland. So to Grand duchy left again Lithuanian and white ruthenian (belarusian lands)..After 1795 thoose lands both were joined to Russian empire and was there still 1915 (now don't remember good did german occupied Belarusian lands in 1915?). At 1919 again.. thoose to countries were joined to Litbel SSR (as i understand Lithuania - Belarusia). But this country didn't exists, Lithuania won freedom and Belarus - no.

Finally both countries were joined to Soviet union.. and only after we, lithuanians, first from all SSRS declared independence on 1990 we are different countries

What about yours?

Do you know why White Ruthenia is white and Red Ruthenia is red?
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 09:58

Without using any historical parameters, I think the two most common countries have been the U.S. and Canada.  There is almost no difference between them at all.

Yes, Canada has a French minority, but the US has a Spanish minority.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 10:35
Greece and Turkey 
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 12:56
Armenia and Georgia
Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 13:50

Do you know why White Ruthenia is white and Red Ruthenia is red?

Sorry can give corectly answer. But if i'm not wrong thoose terms aren't old.. Just geographs wanted to divide ruthenia to different colours, but i can be wrong.

Hey peoples, if write countries please write about them

Edited by Svyturys
Every moment, like last, neither earth, nor sky don't calculate time. Left only one heart in scorched bosom. Throbing only drums again, calling us into battle.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 13:51

Australia and New Zealand

Britain and Ireland

Czech and Slovak Republics

India and Pakistan

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 14:23
Iran & Israel
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 14:27
wait how? do I sense sarcasm?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 15:22
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Greece and Turkey 
100% agree
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 15:27
so why all the hate...
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 15:30
Bulgaria and FYROM
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 16:21

so why all the hate... 

Personally I don't have any problem with Israel, Mulls have
& so we have shared history with them
After 1979 rev. all things reversed
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 16:25
I was referring to Greece and Turkey, but what do Israel and Iran have in common?
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:26
Iceland and the FREE Greenland- cause greenland was founded by icelanders coming from norway ???

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 17:37

Originally posted by mamikon

I was referring to Greece and Turkey, but what do Israel and Iran have in common?

iran and israel and very good relations before the revolution, and i think land of aryan means the saving of jews by persia.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2006 at 18:01
ok if you say so...but I thought the question meant commonality in the way of life, culture, traditions, religion
Svyturys View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Svyturys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 01:10

Originally posted by mamikon

ok if you say so...but I thought the question meant commonality in the way of life, culture, traditions, religion

Exactly! But for example in part of Ruthenia religion was Ortodoxy. When lithuanians was still pagans, peoples in Ruthenian land was Ortodox. Lithuanians was very tolerant to another religions, and didn't try to destroy another cultures, like "civilized wests" ...

Please friends, argue what you write.. because i can't know all countries and relations of every countries countries.

arsenka View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote arsenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 02:59

Raider wrote:

"Do you know why White Ruthenia is white and Red Ruthenia is red?"

Once there existed a tradition to designate different sides of the  world by different colours; thus, "red" stands for South, "black" - for North, "blue" - for East and "white" - for West. >>> Red Ruthenia means Southern Ruthenia, White Ruthenia = Western Ruthenia.

arsenka
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 04:08
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Without using any historical parameters, I think the two most common countries have been the U.S. and Canada.  There is almost no difference between them at all.

Yes, Canada has a French minority, but the US has a Spanish minority.

What do you mean by French minority, if you consider the "Anglo-saxons" are actually made up of English, Irish, scots and other, I would say French people are the majority as a race there.

Ethnic groups:

Definition Field Listing
British Isles origin 28%, French origin 23%, other European 15%, Amerindian 2%, other, mostly Asian, African, Arab 6%, mixed background 26

British Isles isn't an ethnic group. This make us the majority and by far.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>