Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

China vs India

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Who would win a non nuke, non total war, now and in a decade or 2?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [47.83%]
12 [52.17%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Riain View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Riain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: China vs India
    Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 18:03
No nukes, no attempt to fully overrrun the other. A war to establish who is top dog and who stays in their place.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 22:48

There was a war between China and India over foty years ago, China won just in a few days.

Now I think there is fifty fifty chance.  But I consider India cannot surport a long term war, because most of Indian weapons are import from other countries, they still havenot enough technology and economy for the maintenance.

Edited by Chinese never want a war
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 20:57
       China even without nukes, like they did in the 1960s.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Riain View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Riain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 02:18

The 62 is a bad example of a China vs India scenario, India's leaders played at being generals against good advice, they didn't heed advice to commit or abandon, so they commited with inadequate resources. One can look at India's success in 1971 and China's failure in 1979 as other ways of assessing the historical fighting ability of these 2 countries.

IN a large, non nuke, war India could probably summon enough powerful allies to dramaticly close the gap which exsists between them. China has to watch out for Russia, Sth Korea, Japan, Tiawan, but India only has to watch Pakistan. INdia has a long history of operating the most advanced weapons it can afford whereas China has built dodgy obsolete Russian knock offs in huge numbers.

I think there would be a stalmate in the frontier region and India would use its superior navy and alliance potential to make gains outside that limited theatre.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 12:04
(in the process of writting a long post for this thread)

but i did see an interesting article that i might aswell post in the mean time:

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/apr/11india.htm
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 14:02

Originally posted by Anujkhamar

(in the process of writting a long post for this thread)

but i did see an interesting article that i might aswell post in the mean time:

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/apr/11india.htm

Well, Im not absolutely believing that. I still believe China will not be the largest economy country before 2050. The article should be written by some radicals from India.

Even that will be a truth. I cannot believe that the China's 30% and India 14.3% share of the world. It's incredible

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 14:19
Originally posted by Riain

China's failure in 1979

It must be clear that China has absolutely won  the war to Vietnam in 1979. It seems a game to China, because they treated that as a training, different armies took turns to the war. Withdrawal of a military  because of they had achieved the aims in Vietnam, but not the failure.

PLA would not invade a country which is inculpable.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 14:53
Originally posted by Chinese never want a war

Well, Im not absolutely believing that. I still believe China will not be the largest economy country before 2050. The article should be written by some radicals from India.

it's in terms of purchasing power parity not gdp
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 15:53

The 62 is a bad example of a China vs India scenario, India's leaders played at being generals against good advice, they didn't heed advice to commit or abandon, so they commited with inadequate resources. One can look at India's success in 1971 and China's failure in 1979 as other ways of assessing the historical fighting ability of these 2 countries.

IN a large, non nuke, war India could probably summon enough powerful allies to dramaticly close the gap which exsists between them. China has to watch out for Russia, Sth Korea, Japan, Tiawan, but India only has to watch Pakistan. INdia has a long history of operating the most advanced weapons it can afford whereas China has built dodgy obsolete Russian knock offs in huge numbers.

I think there would be a stalmate in the frontier region and India would use its superior navy and alliance potential to make gains outside that limited theatre.

but all these so called "advanced" foreign weapons such as su27, 30, russian missles, warships that india has been operating have also been operated by china. anything that india owns is owned by the chinese. other than that, china has the most self-efficient military in asia. 

as soon as the eu ban is lifted, it's confirmed that china will import 280 french mirage 2000 fighters with 180 additional engines and 1000 air-air missiles.

280 mirage 2000

200 su 27

200 j 10

80 su 33

note: we are not even counting the j12, j13, and the tu 33, su 37 that will and might join the plaaf.

even tho china throws away all of some 2000 other older planes, china's advanced fighters and warships are more in quantity and quality compared to india.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Riain View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Riain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 17:58

Yes, I know China operates some of the latest weapons now but it is quite a new experience for them. The step up to the latest aircraft is a big one for China and they are know to have had serious problems, China doesn't have the reserves of personnel experienced using highly sophisticated arms so that they can make the seamless transition from exsisting weapons to the newest weapons. On the other hand India has bought the latest weapons available for decades and is used to operating them. Their pool of people with experience using complex all weather combat aircraft has been developed by their long use of the latest Migs, Jaguar etc, so the transition to the Su 30 isn't as big a step as it is for China.

Also China's alliance potentail is quite poor, apart from Pakistan who would support China against India? Could the China stop the Indian Navy from operating in the Sth China Sea the way India could stop the PLAN from operating in the Indian Ocean?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 19:46
Originally posted by coolstorm

but all these so called "advanced" foreign weapons such as su27, 30, russian missles, warships that india has been operating have also been operated by china. anything that india owns is owned by the chinese. other than that, china has the most self-efficient military in asia. 

as soon as the eu ban is lifted, it's confirmed that china will import 280 french mirage 2000 fighters with 180 additional engines and 1000 air-air missiles.

280 mirage 2000

200 su 27

200 j 10

80 su 33

note: we are not even counting the j12, j13, and the tu 33, su 37 that will and might join the plaaf.

even tho china throws away all of some 2000 other older planes, china's advanced fighters and warships are more in quantity and quality compared to india.

What you said is really exaggerated... Who confirmed that China will import 280 mirage 2000? Ive just know Chinese gave a negative answer  to it.

Rafale did satisfy the Chinese pilots atfer they testing the planes from France, they strongly recommanded the government to import in order to instead of J10. But also was given a negative answer.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 21:05

it's from a newspaper quoting us intelligent informtion.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2005 at 22:56
I really think an attempt by either would be impossible, the Himalayas might be a bit of an obstacle to cross with any decent sized army, much less one strong enough to conquer roughly a billion people against enemy resistance.  If the US and India were fighting against China I think China would lose hands down.  Indian manpower coupled with American troop quality, air superiority, naval superiority, heavy weaponry, and technology would doom China.
Member of IAEA
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2005 at 23:03

If the war went bad, the Indian people would have major uprisings because most of the population is already in poverty. Not like the Chinese government doesn't also have alot of poverty, but they would have an iron fist on there people, unlike India prehaps

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 05:11
Originally posted by strategos

the Indian people would have major uprisings because most of the population is already in poverty.

since when?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 11:09

Well, it seems China and India are going well these days. Cheers!

I think it's interesting China ally with India against the Americans.

Riain View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Riain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 18:38

I'm surprised India is winning the poll, one reason I'm interested in India is because so many people think China is the golden boy.

Who will get the Tu22M first, China or India?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2005 at 23:51
I dont think China is a golden boy, I think India is, look at the weapons improt from Russia...
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 04:31
Originally posted by Chinese never want a war

Well, it seems China and India are going well these days. Cheers!

I think it's interesting China ally with India against the Americans.

That's what i've always wanted! it's like my dream
Riain View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Riain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 17:55
by golden boy I mean people look at Chinas growth and purchase of some good weapons and say their a superpower. People overlook India with its slow but steady and far more evenly spead growth, India is less flashy than China and when it buys expensive weapons it doesn't make the news.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>