Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your perception on L.O.V.E

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your perception on L.O.V.E
    Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 14:10
I know it sounds lame.. Confused Honestly, i am out of idea already to make an interesting topic.. Not sure whether it is appropriate for me to put this topic in AE Forum.. kinda a little bit off from the main field which is History..

Nonetheless, i think this question had been came up since men and women exist. So.. it's ok to discuss it in here i guess Big smile. Men and women always have their own idea what love is all about. Consequently, it causes misunderstanding and disappointment.

I came across someone's opinion.. by: Majdi.Al-Hemmeh

For women, Love is a feeling. For men, love is a woman (or a person).

And.. I am totally agree with him.. Wink

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 14:28
There is a saying : To live in a marriage means a sequence of misunderstandings..

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 16:59
I love some women for their looks, personality, sexual charm, intellects, and athleticism.  Other than that....I am ok with allot of women. Tongue

Edited by The Canadian Guy - 20-Dec-2008 at 16:59
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 17:42
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

I love some women for their looks, personality, sexual charm, intellects, and athleticism.  Other than that....I am ok with allot of women. Tongue

so u prove me right
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 19:42
Love should be a romance story, something beautiful and eternal.

Failing in hunting bodily pleasures and breeding is sad.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 20:23
I really don't put much thought into it. I just think love as a meaning of appreciation of someone. I love my friends and family, I've yet to feel anything beyond that. But thats fine with my, I'm always optimistic and never depressed. If I were to get anymore happier then I am now by meeting girl, then I think every worry in the world would be gone. Not sure that kinda feeling exists though.Smile I'll look for it though!
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 04:08
Originally posted by Menumorut

Love should be a romance story, something beautiful and eternal.

Failing in hunting bodily pleasures and breeding is sad.

It should.. that's how usually women feel about love.. but for guys.. they interpret love as the person he loves. e.g: My love is my wife/girlfriend.. Is not to say that men just think to fulfill their pleasures only. It sounds unfair.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 04:55
I've seen it work in the movies, I haven't seen it happen in real life yet. What I have seen is attraction causing two to get together, and then I've heard stories of the two having a special moment that could have been written from a movie.

But I never heard these kind of stories happen by modest people, but those who have been I'd say above sexually active before meeting the person they see as their special significant other. This is only in my expierence though.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 05:09
SaD - maybe because u are yet to experience the love kind of thing as you may usually based on physical attraction.

Anyhow.. my point of view to discuss here is simple.. it's about what love means to you.. for me.. it's about the feeling that u have for the person u love.. in contrary, a man made a statement.. for him love is about the person he fall in love with..

BTW, there is no feminism influence in here..
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 05:58
Cahaya, I understood what you say about women not seeing the persons but an idea. This is because society educates girls to prepare for being pleasantful for their further partner, while boys are educated to be turned to themselves, so they see women as their equals.

But also the men hardly can pass beyond the sexual wishes because they usually start their sexual life with masturbation and society (by movies, books etc) indoctrinates them that there is no love without sex. Also they are not used to struggle against their lust, for this you need a religious based life.

Anyway, I think that a woman can harder live without sex than a man because they can harder controll their phantasmes and because only by sex they can in a measure understand the other gender. I observed that nuns that never had had sex have personality disorders at advanced ages but the solution is not to have sex but to understand how a man perceive the existence.

As I said in an older topic, I think the orgasm destroy little by little the human personality, the acuity of senses and the conscience of self-identity. Those who didn't had sexual life, like monks and nuns, preserve their spiritual integrity until any age. I'm not against sexual relations but they don't have to be for pleasure but for children birth or as spiritual act of becomeing one with your partner.

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 08:16
Originally posted by cahaya

I know it sounds lame.. Confused Honestly, i am out of idea already to make an interesting topic.. Not sure whether it is appropriate for me to put this topic in AE Forum.. kinda a little bit off from the main field which is History..

Nonetheless, i think this question had been came up since men and women exist. So.. it's ok to discuss it in here i guess Big smile. Men and women always have their own idea what love is all about. Consequently, it causes misunderstanding and disappointment.

I came across someone's opinion.. by: Majdi.Al-Hemmeh

For women, Love is a feeling. For men, love is a woman (or a person).

And.. I am totally agree with him.. Wink

Love, contrary to popular mythology, is a decision, rather than a feeling or an emotion. Its realization is certainly based in feelings and emotions, but the act/state itself is an act of the will. One of the biggest problems with the modern world is that we have come to view it as some sort of destiny or fate issue.

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 21-Dec-2008 at 08:18
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 10:24
I know you are asking more personal point of view but I'm just gonna suggest a book and quote it a few, if that's Ok.....   I will try to give more personal view later.

================================================================

The Art of Loving - Erich Fromm (Click for more excerpts) 

....The first thing we have to learn is that love is an art, just as living is an art; if we want to learn how to love we must proceed in the same way we have to proceed if we want to learn any other art. Maybe here lies the answer to the question of why people in our culture try so rarely to learn this art, in spite of their obvious failures: in spite of the deep-seated craving for love, almost everything else is considered to be more important than love: success, prestige, money, power - almost all our energy is used for learning of how to achieve these aims, and almost none to learn the art of loving......

......Mature love is union under the condition of preserving one's integrity, one's individuality. Love is an active power in man, a power which breaks through the walls which separate man from his fellow men, which unites him with others; love makes him overcome the sense of isolation and sepateness, yet permits him to be himself, to retain his integrity. In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.

Spinoza arrives at the conclusion that virtue and power are one and the same. Envy, jealousy, ambition towards any kind of greed are passions; love is an action, the practice of human power, which can be practised only in freedom and never as a result of a compulsion.

Love is primarily giving, not receiving. Giving is the highest expression of potency. Giving is more joyous than receiving, not because it is deprivation, but because in the act of giving lies the
expression of my aliveness.

Whoever is capable of giving himself is rich. He experiences himself as one who can confer of himself to others. He gives of himself, of the most precious thing he has, he gives of his life. He gives what is live in him;  he gives his joy, his intrest, his understanding, his knowledge, his humour, his sadness, he gives of all the expressions and manifestations of that which is alive in him......

......If a person loves only one other person and is indifferent to the rest of his fellow men, his love is not love but a symbiotic attachment, or an
enlarged egotism. Yet most people believe that love is constituted by the object, not by the faculty. In fact, they even believe that it is proof of the intensity of their love when they do not love anybody except the "loved" person. This is the same fallacy which I have already mentioned above. Because one does not see that love is an activity, a power of the soul, one believes that all that is necessary to find is the right object - and that everything goes by itself afterward. This attitude can be compared to that of the man who wants to paint but who, instead of learning  the art, claims that he just has to wait for the right object - and that he will paint beautifully when he finds it. If I truly love one person I love all persons, I love the world, I love life. If I can say to somebody else, "I love you," I must be able to say, "I love in you everybody, I love through you the world, I love in you also myself."......

==========================================================

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 10:50
Don't mistake "love" for attraction or "falling in love" or even good sex with your wife or a more or less regular partner.
Love comes in many forms and shapes - love for family, a mothers love for her child(ren), love for a spouse, religious determined etc.
The universal term of love is highly misused, and goes way deeper than what normally is obvious.

I agree with parts of the quotes from King Kang - love is about giving - not receiving. You can love another person unconditionally, without getting anything in return.

My definition:
Love is a condition  - a feeling towards other humans - in which the life and happiness of the one(s) you love is more essential to you, than your own life and happiness.

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 11:23
that warm fuzzy feeling and total excitement I get whenever I see this person log on
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 11:26
Originally posted by Balaam

that warm fuzzy feeling and total excitement I get whenever I see this person log on

I take it that you don't mean me LOLLOLLOL - and yes, she is a cutie, isn't she? Wink

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 11:28
Hehe I hope she is, all I know of her is what her Blood Elf looks like and that she does have dark hair IRL lol
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 11:36
The purpose of existence is the hapiness, so rules as Ako and King came with are senseless. The hapiness in love come from a beautiful love story but for that you have to live beautiful, like a fool, not like a sedentary robot.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 17:18

Originally posted by Menumorot

The purpose of existence is the hapiness, so rules as Ako and King came with are senseless. The hapiness in love come from a beautiful love story but for that you have to live beautiful, like a fool, not like a sedentary robot.

It's obvious.. for those who are in love.. always act as a fool & breaking all the rules.. dont they?

Here like to share with u guys an interesting link: http://www.geocities.com/treasure_for_sumaya/truelove.htm

(warning: better turn of ur speaker coz it has the lamest background music!)

And there is a poem from the webpage said..

A lover asked his beloved,

Do you love yourself more
Than you love me?
The beloved replied,
I have died to myself
And I live for you.
I've disappeared from myself
And my attributes.
I am present only for you
I have forgotten all my learnings,
But from knowing you
I have become a scholar.
I have lost all my strength,
But from your power
I am able.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 18:38
I know that i have not loved yet. I know it.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 18:58
Originally posted by Spartakus

I know that i have not loved yet. I know it.

No worry.. coz noone is perfect.. LOLLOL.. just kidding..Tongue

KKM.. wht's ur personal opinion?

Edited by cahaya - 21-Dec-2008 at 19:00
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>