Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions on Kurds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions on Kurds
    Posted: 27-May-2006 at 13:13

According to that pan-iranism site, Turks dont like them and Saddam gassed them in the 80s.

So what did they do???? Simplified answer please.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 13:19
They wanted independence, I hope this is simple answer.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:01
Exactly what Mortaza said. We want independence and Iran, Turkey and Iraq aren't allowing that.

Edited by Cent - 27-May-2006 at 14:01
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:09
Well maybe should say some of them, Elections at Turkey dont say all of them want.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:14
Huh? When was these elections? What was the question?

"Do you want to separate or stay with Turkey?"

I doubt something like that.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:17

Not excatly, but we have a kurdish party who want more right for kurds, and It does not even got more than 50% vote of kurdish people. So If It comes to independence, vote will be less.(Because half of dtp votes comes from turkish lands, I am sure noone of them realy want to leave istanbul.)

By the way, how do you know, Kurdish people at Turkey want independence? At least, I am using some data from general election at turkey. what data are you using?
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:38
trying to get independence from three countries at the same time is incredibly stupid, no offense to any Kurd members here...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:44
Infact four country, Turkey, syria, iran and iraq.only pkk is fighting for this. Iraqian kurds are fighting for iraqian kurdistan, but pkk is enlarging their fight too.

So almost all countries around of iraqian kurdistan is against them.

Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 14:47
From what I understand, they're hated because they're actively seeking a homeland amongst the territories of already established nations.

I'm sure some group sympathizes with them. At the very least, they still have each other.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 16:57
i like kurds

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 23:28
So Kurds are like Jews.
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 07:33
Huh? When was these elections? What was the question?

Here are these elections results of local elections of 2004, by provinces in Turkey:

Let me give a brief definition of general views of some political parties here. AKP is a moderate Islamist party. CHP is a central left wing party, the first political party of Turkey founded by Ataturk. DSP is a leftist and secular party. MHP (Nationalist Movement party) is a nationalist party which is shown by dark blue in the map. DYP is a right wing party and SHP is a central left wing one.

So this means that, actually people of Turkey, in general, had a common opinion of a political choice, no matter of their ethnic or religious backgrounds. We should mention that the high ratio of votes to AKP is also a result of a reaction against the other political parties and the previous governments, so many people from various political visions have voted for AKP.

There's no place for provocations or propoganda in AE, just beware of baseless statements and questions. Noone in Turkey except extremists who are a tiny minority, want seperation or have a feud against other ethnic groups. Turkish people, no matter of their ethnic background live in peace together, and nobody can dare to change this fact by its stupid propoganda. 

Edited by Bashibozuk - 28-May-2006 at 07:43
Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 07:37
Originally posted by machine

So Kurds are like Jews.

Kurds are like Kurds and anyone who doesn't like us can go to hell.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 07:50
I meant in comparison, dont take it personally.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 10:03
F it half my family is half kurd does that make them less family NO!!!
but I must say I find the kurds of the fourcountries different from eachoter
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 10:13
Originally posted by xi_tujue

F it half my family is half kurd does that make them less family NO!!!
but I must say I find the kurds of the fourcountries different from eachoter

In which way are they different?
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 12:30
they have slighty thicker curley hair and some have a lightly darker skin coler only one of my cousins looks really dark. With all the rap music comming up Girls like him bestBig smile

but thats it .accualy none.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 12:53
Thanks for the map Bashibozuk.I think the next elections result will be interesting

What does DGP stand for and which party represents the Kurds on the map?

Also Bravo to West, Bagimsiz Artvin and SHP!
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2006 at 16:28
Originally posted by Cent

Exactly what Mortaza said. We want independence and Iran, Turkey and Iraq aren't allowing that.
You can't speak for all Kurds Cent. there are also many Kurds in Iran who don't want to be separated from Iran.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 09:55
Okey, sorry: the majority of Kurds want independence.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>