Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new paradox game: Rome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new paradox game: Rome
    Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 03:37

Cool. I will check this out.

Ah, that sucks. No thermonuclear warheads?

Join us.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 04:03
Originally posted by JanusRook

However they have said that EU: Rome is going to be more like EUIII and Crusader Kings, which is better without historical events (CK that is).

Oh, thats true Crusader Kings was great.  Though a lot of that was because of the detailed dynastic characters and such.  Have they said whether they are having historic generals and admirals?  That would make up a lot for the shortened map.  Imagine leading armies with Caesar... or HANNIBAL!

What would be the point? So you could take your "uber" Roman army and conquer China, or your Chinese forces to the pillars of hercules. IMO Europe didn't go after Asia because they didn't have the capability (and wouldn't in this time period). And China didn't conquer Europe because it would've been too expensive for some "backwater provinces". The way the game could handle this is have a "foreign trader" event and that would be about the interaction between Rome and China.
Mainly for efficiency.  The probability of them making a seperate game for just china is slim.  Also it would be cheaper; you could play an asian campaign with china or quit that game and play one as rome.  Versus buying a whole new game, installing it and switching between the two.  Of course the opportunity to have both in the same game would be intriguing.

Of course it would be kinda neat to have an EU: China game based around East Asia, but the developers have their own personal preferences in history and it seems to be European based. Personally I'm a bit upset that they have no desire to make a Modern-Era/Futuristic game, but C'est la Vie, at least be glad they are incorporating another historical period. I mean eventually if they are successful they could make EU: Rome 2 which could include China. So don't lose all hope.
Excellent advice which I will try to take.  I will admit that after playing hearts of iron I have thought about what it would be like if they made a modern era game.  That would be fun, I suppose there just hasn't been enough interest for them to do that.  No yet anyway...  Honestly, after watching the prequel star wars I have had a hope they would come up with a futuristic game that involved space; battles, conquering planets and such.  They would have plenty of room for innovation and imagination there.

Edited by Justinian - 10-Oct-2007 at 04:04
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 13:35
Ah ok. It looks like this is going to be the unofficial successor to CK.  That's good, because at first it seemed like it would just be EU3 with a mod that restricted the map and changed the interface.

Edited by jayeshks - 10-Oct-2007 at 13:36
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 19:35

What would be the point? So you could take your "uber" Roman army and conquer China, or your Chinese forces to the pillars of hercules. IMO Europe didn't go after Asia because they didn't have the capability (and wouldn't in this time period). And China didn't conquer Europe because it would've been too expensive for some "backwater provinces". The way the game could handle this is have a "foreign trader" event and that would be about the interaction between Rome and China.

as justinian said, no need for two games about the same period, also, even though i agree that it is unrelaistic and unfeasable to conquer the "world", some of the countries had itneraction with eahc other. i mean Rome interacted with Persia, Persia with the Steppe, the Steppe with China. full circle. just because China and Rome did never directly interact (as in wars) doesn't mean they were on two different planets. limiting the game to the mediterranean will automatically limit playability for Seleucids and subsequent Parthians, which naturally would be my favoured nation.

what i disliked about CK are above all, the limtied map and non-playable Muslims, and that the games develop greatly unrealistic over time. what i've liked to see most as new paradox game was a seriously polished victoria 2 or a CK with the Eu2 map and playability.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12