Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did you know about Georgians?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you know about Georgians?
    Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 22:31
inscriptions are interesting but don't exactly mean ownership of a Church...because there are other inscriptions by other nationalities too...just to keep it in perspective.
Isa al-Masih, both God and Man, divine and human, flesh and spirit, saviour, servant and sovereign
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 12:07
this is news i also thought they were turkic
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 10:43
Originally posted by xi_tujue

I allways thought mamelukes were turkic hmm I gues I was wrong

what about the turks living in Georgia in that periode the city was called Lomsia and/or Ahıska) now its called Akhaltsikhe I think.

Akhaltsikhe is a small city in southwestern Georgia. Province  of Samtskhe-Javakheti.

I guess not ey......?
there where 2 mamelukes in Egypt, kypchak ones and circassians. Kypchaks are Turkic (baybars and such).
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 08:35
Originally posted by Saber

About Georgians being a priviledged nation in Holy Land... Where did you get that? Thats outrageousAngry The only reference to Georgians entering Holy Land, armed and filled with pride is made under Lasha, who was to be considered an ally for the Crusaders. He died fighting the Mongols...

The capture of 8-10 million isConfused. If anything around those numbers would have happened, then historians for sure would have dubbed it "Mamluk Mass Kidnap". Deportation of 10 million is just highly fictional.

So please stop spreading Heresy, because i want reliable sources!

About 40 Georgian churches and monasteries are located in the Holy Land. Part of them are built by Georgians, and as for the remaining part, here the liturgy was conducted by clerics from Iveria. From them particular are:
Cross Monastery, St. Theodore Church, Katamone or St. Svimeon the Right Church, Christian Church in Bethlem.
Cross monastery

Internal Chamber of Cross Monastery Church of Cod s Grave

Church of Gods Grave. In these churches and monasteries there exists many inscriptions in Georgian, which prove their Georgian origin. Consequently, Georgian clerics mustve been here. There are inscriptions made by Georgian Pilgrims on the door of the Church of Gods Grave. Christs Grave, Mt. Golgotha, and many other churches in this territory, were possessed by Georgians until 17-th century.
BETHLEM

Georgians have conducted a liturgy in the Virgin Mary and Christmas Churches in Bethlem. Here, there are Georgian inscriptions on the central columns, and on the entrance to the cave, where Christ was born.
Place in Bethlem, where Christ was born.

KATAMONE

Georgian inscription in Bethlem.

The inscriptions are lost from Monastery of Katamone. Georgians have lost all their holy places in the Holy Land at the and of 17-th century. Nowadays, all of these churches and monasteries are in possession of Greek Patriarchy of Israel. Its almost impossible for any Georgian to enter these churches in modern times.

A place, where the Cross monastery is built, was chosen by King Mirian for his prayers.later, King Vakhtang Gorgasali constructed a church there. Although, nobody knows how this church looked like until 11-th century. At this time, George Prokhore from Shavsheti had built a church here, which exists till now. Jvari Monastery is the place, where a sacred tree had grown. A cross on which Christ was crucified was made exactly from this tree.
Internal Chamber of Jvari Monastery.
There existed a fresco of Shota Rustaveli in this monastery, until it was erased in June 2004.
This is the way Rustaveli fresco had looked like before its destruction.

This is a way it looks like today.
People says, that Shota Rustaveli is buried in this monastery. Inscriptions by Georgian clerics are preserved in the monastery. They say how the clerics had restored and renovated the monastery. Only one Georgian named Martha, remained in the monastery until the beginning of 18-th century. Martha had sent a letter in Georgia saying, that if Georgian clerics didnt arrive in Holy Land on time, they would lose the church. This letter wasnt replied to. This letter is famous for Marthas moaning tone. Jvari Monastery is in possession of Greek Patriarchy of Israel. Entrance of any Georgian is

The Most High King David,by the will of our Lord, King of Kings of the Abkhazians, Kartvelians, Ranians, Kakhetians and Armenians, Shirvanshah and shahanshah of all the east and west, sword of Messiah
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 12:26

U r well aware of georgia, i guess so.

Lots of Armenians are living now there.

Those turks were made to sattle in these lands in the hope of making raw between Muslims and Christians in georgia......But they were wrong as new settlers were fighting with us against Russians as well as against Turks as far as I know.

The Most High King David,by the will of our Lord, King of Kings of the Abkhazians, Kartvelians, Ranians, Kakhetians and Armenians, Shirvanshah and shahanshah of all the east and west, sword of Messiah
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 11:55
I allways thought mamelukes were turkic hmm I gues I was wrong

what about the turks living in Georgia in that periode the city was called Lomsia and/or Ahıska) now its called Akhaltsikhe I think.

Akhaltsikhe is a small city in southwestern Georgia. Province  of Samtskhe-Javakheti.

I guess not ey......?

Edited by xi_tujue - 20-Sep-2006 at 11:56
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 11:43
Originally posted by DayI

Where the Circassian Mamelukes "Turkifed or arabifed" Mamelukes (if you look at their names) or they had "Turkic or arabic" names but did know of their origins? 

They weren't small babys not to remember their own names......IBrahim beg even knew the name of the small village in Georgia where he was born........He sent several mameluks in georgia with some gold as he knew at that time georgia was in jeopardy of Persia.....asking the king of eastern kingdom of georgia  Erekle II to use this money for the State purpose and if there would be left any, just asking him to build a small church in the village where his mother had been living, as he knew she had had to go for miles to get to the nearest church away from that village.
This church is still useful. If i find the picture of this church, I'll be pasting it here.

As for those mameluks, they died for georgia, tackling against  Mahmad Khan of Persia at the boarders of Tbilisi city.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 11:23
Where the Circassian Mamelukes "Turkifed or arabifed" Mamelukes (if you look at their names) or they had "Turkic or arabic" names but did know of their origins? 
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 11:43
Originally posted by Datuna

since 16 century Egypt had been ruled by Mameluks who where caucassian people. And the very stong of them were georgians and albanians. "Egyption'' sultans mostly were georgians and they knew that, having sent msgs with georgian kings. ''As you know'' there was a standing order that no foreign kings were  allowed to enter Cairo on horse or on camel it didn't matter, but georgians could do. If you interested the georgian sultans in cairo i would tell you nice story.

It's theory only Smile ......as u see in my early post.
Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 11:17
Yeah, some of these claims are outrageous. However, I do enjoy a bit of georgian history. 
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 11:10
Give the man reliable sources Datuna, then ur claims will indeed be even more astounding.

Georgia is a faction in MTR mod...by the way.
Isa al-Masih, both God and Man, divine and human, flesh and spirit, saviour, servant and sovereign
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2006 at 13:07
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Basian

One of the imaginable battles of Georgian history.
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2006 at 10:36

wait, are you saying Peter the Great was sired as a bastard of some Georgian? If so, at least explain who do you think might have been his biological father.

Even so this theory can be largely discredited by the fact that he was born to a very "western" mother, who descended from scottish nobility.

Giorgi XI (1675-1688, 1703-1709)  King of Imereti (Georgia)

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 04:12

wait, are you saying Peter the Great was sired as a bastard of some Georgian? If so, at least explain who do you think might have been his biological father.

Even so this theory can be largely discredited by the fact that he was born to a very "western" mother, who descended from scottish nobility.

Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 04:06

Wait. Whats the purpose of this discussion really? Is it to show how Georgia is brilliant, and how it is the centre of the Universe?

Your posts about did you know are basically a combination of propaganda and historical nonsens, without providing (reliable) sources.(no offense, i just don't see the point of the discussion)

How are the Georgians, second to accept Christianity? Are talking about official Conversion or are you referring to individuals. If your talking about religious conversion of the whole state, then you might be right(please provide source though).

I dont know how is Peter the Great Georgian? If we are to refer to his pedigree, that he is not really Georgian. If were taking into consideration his attitude, still not Georgian to me.

About Georgians being a priviledged nation in Holy Land... Where did you get that? Thats outrageousAngry The only reference to Georgians entering Holy Land, armed and filled with pride is made under Lasha, who was to be considered an ally for the Crusaders. He died fighting the Mongols...

The capture of 8-10 million isConfused. If anything around those numbers would have happened, then historians for sure would have dubbed it "Mamluk Mass Kidnap". Deportation of 10 million is just highly fictional.

Ottomans, tended to kidnap Balkan and Greek people, and according to Ibrahim Pasha(a greek born man) there were 300,000 janisarries captured through out its existence(so at that time around 200 years)

Story about the Russian king is more preciselly to be real as well as nobody knows about his father. Actually I don't care what u want Smile, if smb don't want to beleive he will never beleive it anyway.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 03:46

Wait. Whats the purpose of this discussion really? Is it to show how Georgia is brilliant, and how it is the centre of the Universe?

Your posts about did you know are basically a combination of propaganda and historical nonsens, without providing (reliable) sources.(no offense, i just don't see the point of the discussion)

How are the Georgians, second to accept Christianity? Are talking about official Conversion or are you referring to individuals. If your talking about religious conversion of the whole state, then you might be right(please provide source though).

I dont know how is Peter the Great Georgian? If we are to refer to his pedigree, that he is not really Georgian. If were taking into consideration his attitude, still not Georgian to me.

Ottomans, tended to kidnap Balkan and Greek people, and according to Ibrahim Pasha(a greek born man) there were 300,000 janisarries captured through out its existence(so at that time around 200 years)

Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 03:19
thnx for clarification.....
U do nice job
ashokharsana View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 23:24
Originally posted by Datuna

I wonna know if Gurjs meant people not beleive Islam?

Thats true Datuna,

But there is catch.

Tha Actual and ancient meaning of Gurjar In Sanskrit and hindi is "A warrior who destroy the enemy"

Where Gur=Enemy and Jar=Destroy.

Later in 8th century AD, Arabic invaders were continuously defeated by Gurjars at the boarder of India. Arabic wanted all Indians to embrace Islam. In 915 AD An Arbic writer AL-Beruni mentioned Gurjars as the biggest enemy to Islam. After that Gurjars were called so in later ages. In the literature of Muslim adherent countries Gurjars were called Athiest.

In all those countries thae meaning of Gurjar became athiest or Kafir or one who do not follow islam.

Regards

Ashok Harsana
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 11:40
Must keep in mind that Georgian royalty often had names that were of Parthian/Iranian origin which in turn was Aryan, which in turn may have been common for Aryans in Iran and India...possibly.
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 11:57

I wonna know if Gurjs meant people not beleive Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>