Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who were ancestors of Germanic tribes and where did they come fr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who were ancestors of Germanic tribes and where did they come fr
    Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:00

Maju,

quote;

"Europeans aren't "Arctic". Most Europeans lived in the area near the Pyrenees before the north melted. Some lived elsewhere (Central Europe, Ukraine, Mediterranean) but never in the extreme north.

The most "Arctic" peoples are, as you say, Mongoloids like Inuits or Yakuts.

Also, Caucasoids only colonized Europe very late in time, being original of Southern and SW Asia actually. And, as I said before, once in Europe they remained in a relatively southern belt. Most representative of these early Europeans (we assume they have remain mostly unchanged) are Basques who show quite a variability."

This is basically based on assumptions. The results of Eurasian archeology - over the last two decades - have led to entirely new models of the first migration-patterns. See above.

---

Your comment on the difference between the Danes and the Swedes are very significant, as it proves that the Scandinavians (also) were divided in sub-groups, who enjoyed different inter-national relations respectively.

For obvious reasons there are intimate links between the Danes and the German/Celtic tribes of continental Europe. The Swedish had closer ties to the east - where several inter-marriages occured. Thus the Danes traded towards along the inland of Europe - reaching the Mediterranean already 7000 BP,- while the Swedes traded with the east - reaching  the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. The best maritime culture were (already then)  the Norwegians (that time called Gots) - who populated the Atlanten Islands as they become inhabittable. Today there are several universities in the US relating the paralell cultures between west-caost Europe and east-coast Ameroica already during Paeolithic time.  From the Mesolithic era the point especially to the identical constructs and patterns fround in east-coast America and Norway - already 5.000 years before Leif Eriksson.

Which accord to a logic time-line of - what I call - "artic culture", simply becaue that defines it quite clear and still correct. Unless you are able to prove that the Vikings actually were descendants of the Eskimos.

Best regards,

Edited by boreas-is
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:09
Could be refering to the first Europeans who entered into Northern Europe in small numbers before the big freeze. Most retreated south to southern Europe when the big freeze happened but smaller numbers remained north. When the thawing began the southern groups who had multiplied greately moved north and absorded the few descendants of those who remained.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:36
Originally posted by boreas-is

Zagros,

The habitats in question are early examples of the culture that came to populate the northern hemisphere, as the glaciers of ice-time receeded.

20.000 yrs BP they are found in the White Sea and the Baltic.

12.-15.000 yrs BP they are in Scandinavia and Northern Europe. At the same time they appear in the arctic part of America.

Yes, Inuit types as mentioned, they are by far the best adapted to Arctic climates, physiologically.  Short and stout, their limbs are shorter for better heat retention, thicker skin and thin layer of fat beneath the skin for the same.  These people still thrive in the Arctic, if Europeans did, there would be at least pre-modern (2-500 years) evidence of it (i.e. Europeans with a very similar lifestyle as those described in the articles you pasted - there isn't

10.000 BP they had populated the islands of the North Atlantic.

8.500 BP they had already created the first known "megalithic civilisation" of Northern Europe  (Germany-Balkans).

Lapps

According to present results from the European Genome Project the Scandinvian population, as well as the islanders - haven't changed notably over the last 10.000 years. Same with the Basques, - which are also explained to "originate from the first migrational wave of hunter-gathers".

Uhuh, and that strangely enough co-incides with the receding of the glaciers and the movements of M383 (R1b) into the same regions.

A third group of people are the "Mongul" populations, who originated  in the area of Tibet. As the Eurasian ice-cap meltetd along the Ural mountain-chain they migrated northwards - finally arriving at the Arctic Ocean. From where they spread both east and west, creating 12 tribes (!) around the arctic area. Thus we have Lappish people in Scandinavia, Samojeds (etc) in Russia, Inuits (etc.) in Cananda and Eskimos on Greenland.

Mhm, and I have seen how Inuit like these people look.

Still there is no scientist suggesting that the arctical Europeans descended from monguls. The reasons why are simple, plain and obvious - to anyone with a  basic understanding of the possible models for early Eurasian migrations.

Neither am I.  I am stating that the present populations of the areas you mentioned are Caucasoids from Central Asia who moved into Lappish/Finno-Ugrians territory, and thus largely mixed with and assimilated them, changing most of th eregions languages to the Indo-European type.

I am sorry if these discoveries should upset you emotionally or otherwise - but I guess we have to learn to live with the results modern science are proving before us. If new pictures show new and unknown forms and features of an old, misty landscape, we may benefit from adjusting the old maps rather than the new photos.

Discoveries do not upset me, dis-interpretation thereof does, to a purely academic level. You are the one bringing Africans and such into the fray, where no one previously mentioned them, I think it is you who is upset at the facts of human evolution and are thus exploiting every available piece which you belive differentiates, what you no doubt see as your kind, from others.

Genetic mapping states otherwise, sorry to disappoint you.

Edited by Zagros
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:39

Originally posted by Paul

Could be refering to the first Europeans who entered into Northern Europe in small numbers before the big freeze. Most retreated south to southern Europe when the big freeze happened but smaller numbers remained north. When the thawing began the southern groups who had multiplied greately moved north and absorded the few descendants of those who remained.

The genetic evidence (so far, check time meter on genographic site) suggests that the first migrations were from Central Asia, the ones through Turkey appear to only be between 5-10k years old.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:42

Paul,

Your suggestion doesnt stick - genetically. Since the pale Caucasian os a mutant  (from mankinds common, brown-eyed/complexed ancestor) the "southern branch" you suggest would have had to be isolated too. For a very high number of generations.

To create that kind of isolation you need a cataclysmic disaster of some sort - otherwise you wouldnt get the boys to leave the girls back home, ye'  know. Even less so - if there were only tundra and ice - up north, there.

The nature phenomenon we need to be able to explain the actic proto-type actually happened - when a sudden occurance of ice-time blocked an wntire group of people - to a northern isolation. Today we know that a complete habitat - of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people - were separated from their southern relatives - as ice-time made any crossing of the Eurasian continents impossible. Thus we find the isolated hunter-gathers up north, along the ocean of the Gulf Stream - that (obviously) was able to survive the first shocks - and then grew "arctical features" - as they have had to endure a high-arctic winter - and hardly any summer.

It is not that complicated. And it is not that  strange. Unless youre winded up in some old explanation you're afraid to "loose".

Best regards,   

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:46

Zagros,

1. So your suggestion is that the Lapps actually invented the Solutrean artefacts?

2. Where are the proofs hereof?

3. Why does all official Scandinavian history (the Fenno-Ugrian included) tell us otherwise?

Edited by boreas-is
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:56

Maju,

quote;

"Europeans aren't "Arctic". Most Europeans lived in the area near the Pyrenees before the north melted. Some lived elsewhere (Central Europe, Ukraine, Mediterranean) but never in the extreme north.

The most "Arctic" peoples are, as you say, Mongoloids like Inuits or Yakuts.

Also, Caucasoids only colonized Europe very late in time, being original of Southern and SW Asia actually. And, as I said before, once in Europe they remained in a relatively southern belt. Most representative of these early Europeans (we assume they have remain mostly unchanged) are Basques who show quite a variability."

This is basically based on assumptions. The results of Eurasian archeology - over the last two decades - have led to entirely new models of the first migration-patterns. See above.

---

Your comment on the difference between the Danes and the Swedes are very significant, as it proves that the Scandinavians (also) were divided in sub-groups, who enjoyed different inter-national relations respectively.

For obvious reasons there are intimate links between the Danes and the German/Celtic tribes of continental Europe. The Swedish had closer ties to the east - where several inter-marriages occured. Thus the Danes traded towards along the inland of Europe - reaching the Mediterranean already 7000 BP,- while the Swedes traded with the east - reaching  the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. The best maritime culture were (already then)  the Norwegians (that time called Gots) - who populated the Atlanten Islands as they become inhabittable. Today there are several universities in the US relating the paralell cultures between west-caost Europe and east-coast Ameroica already during Paeolithic time.  From the Mesolithic era the point especially to the identical constructs and patterns fround in east-coast America and Norway - already 5.000 years before Leif Eriksson.

Which accord to a logic time-line of - what I call - "artic culture", simply becaue that defines it quite clear and still correct. Unless you are able to prove that the Vikings actually were descendants of the Eskimos.

Best regards,

Just to say that the apparent diferences between Danes and Swedes (Norses would be closer to these ones) is (if I am correct) genetic, not just in the modern sense but specially in the ethymological one: that of genesis: creation, formation.

My understanding is that Danes have a Magdalenian substrastrum that ties them to Western (and Central) Europe, over which other groups from Eastern Europe (pre-IE and IE) migrated with their own cultural and biological secondary layers.

Instead Swetland, except for those areas of the south that have been historically Danish, was colonized only later by these Eastern groups, either via the Baltic or via Denmark. Norway is a later colonization for the most part but seems closer to Sweden in its genetic print.

In the end (see this map for reference), they seem to have diferent genesis and that is reflected in their Y-chr genetics (I don't know the details for MtDNA or other studies) and that may account for an "eastern" origin of the most extreme blondisms. Just that - I wouldn't like to go to far off topic, anyhow.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:03
Originally posted by Zagros

The genetic evidence (so far, check time meter on genographic site) suggests that the first migrations were from Central Asia, the ones through Turkey appear to only be between 5-10k years old.

So you'd say Maqdalenian culture came from Central Asia. How about Solutrean and Gravettian.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:05

Zagros,

1. So your suggestion is that the Lapps actually invented the Solutrean artefacts?

2. Where are the proofs hereof?

3. Why does all official Scandinavian history (the Fenno-Ugrian included) tell us otherwise?

Official history? and how far back does this official history go? 40,000 years? I don't think so somehow.

Finno-Ugrians  (the original ones) not the ones mixed in with modern Europeans, in my opinion, were most similar to Mongoloid in appearance, like Lapps, this conclusion is corroberated with the oriental features often seen in Northern Germanics.  I cite Bismarck as a prime example.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:12

Your suggestion doesnt stick - genetically. Since the pale Caucasian os a mutant  (from mankinds common, brown-eyed/complexed ancestor) the "southern branch" you suggest would have had to be isolated too. For a very high number of generations.

This is a terrible (but common) error: you are magnifying the mutation!

The "mutation" actually must have existed since always: after all pygmentation is a matter of gradation: there are no extreme black-white but people that tans more or less easily and is more or less basically tanned under the same conditions. This gradation had long time to be selected in the diferent enviroments and societies.

Assuming that modern Europeans from the areas densely populated in the Paleolithic are representative of their geographical ancestors (Basques, Southern Germans and Ukranians, but also Spaniards and Italians) "Paleolithics" were not of the hyper blond type but more varied. The selection of the most extreme types must have happened either in the  Epi-Paleolithic or Neolithic, apart of a possible hyper-blond type associated to IEs.

This means that it's been selected in a few milennia, probably for health reasons, what would be coherent with all I know: that a popualtion can select these extreme traits in relative few generations if it happens to be a markedly possitive trait.

Now, let's forget about skin-deep differences and get to less enviromentally adaptative differences, like genetics or... even the shape of skulls if you wish.

To create that kind of isolation you need a cataclysmic disaster of some sort - otherwise you wouldnt get the boys to leave the girls back home, ye'  know. Even less so - if there were only tundra and ice - up north, there.

The nature phenomenon we need to be able to explain the actic proto-type actually happened - when a sudden occurance of ice-time blocked an wntire group of people - to a northern isolation. Today we know that a complete habitat - of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people - were separated from their southern relatives - as ice-time made any crossing of the Eurasian continents impossible. Thus we find the isolated hunter-gathers up north, along the ocean of the Gulf Stream - that (obviously) was able to survive the first shocks - and then grew "arctical features" - as they have had to endure a high-arctic winter - and hardly any summer.

It is not that complicated. And it is not that  strange. Unless youre winded up in some old explanation you're afraid to "loose".

Best regards,   

Cataclismic what?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:18

My opinion: The two latter have come from CA on earlier migrations (carrying M343), Magdelalian came from Turkey (M170). I made a mistake easlier with my timings for the first Turkey migrations, which actually correspond with Magdelalian archaelogical finds.

Edited by Zagros
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:35

Zagros,

Quote;

"Uhuh, and that strangely enough co-incides with the receding of the glaciers and the movements of M383 (R1b) into the same regions."

Whats the signinficance of M383? Please explain - or give a link that does.

---

2. Official history of N. Europe and Scandinavia starts with the first settlers from Paleolithic time.  Off course. Today we even have to include the pre-boreal populations - that lived here 120.000 years ago already.

The new discoveries I have reffered to are obviusly part of that history - although it is still limited to academical documents and discussions. But ALL the results I have reffered to are official - of course.

What you think is - I am afraid - not that significant. What you further think about my possible motives, etc. is rather speculative - congruating insults.

quote, Zagros:

"I think it is you who is upset at the facts of human evolution and are thus exploiting every available piece which you belive differentiates, what you no doubt see as your kind, from others."

That kind of remark are nothing but outrigth slander - from which you should refrain in an open forum. Moreover; It doesnt even touch the issue if this discussion. Speak for youself - and stop ducking my questions.

---

3. Genetical surveys of the Fenno-Ugrian population states - very clearly - that it is NOT Mongloid - but "Central European".  Besides, where are the genealogocal ties between Bismarck and Finno-Ugians?!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:42

There was nobody living in the north: it was plainly frozen. Polar bears surely but nothing else.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:53
Originally posted by Maju

There was nobody living in the north: it was plainly frozen. Polar bears surely but nothing else.

Probably not even polar bears. Animals like that would only live at the coastal edges of glaciation, where they can catch seal and fish. In an area of permanent glaciation, there is nothing to eat - no plants, no herd animals because there are no plants, nothing. Only areas that have a summer thaw, or are have access to the sea, can support anything larger than microorganisms. There is an abundance of life in arctic regions that are near open water, or have seasonal thaws, but none to speak of in areas of year-round glaciation.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:54

Zagros,

Quote;

"Uhuh, and that strangely enough co-incides with the receding of the glaciers and the movements of M383 (R1b) into the same regions."

Whats the signinficance of M383? Please explain - or give a link that does.

Check Wikipedia for a more detailed reference, but R1b is the Y-chr haplogroup that "defines" Western Europe, being close to 80-90% among Basques, Gascons, Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Bretons, Scots, etc. And over 40% in all Western Europe, as defined by the "iron curtain" more or less but excluding Sweden and Norway and Greece.

It is assumed that R1b was exclussive or equally dominant among the Paleolithic Europeans of Western and probably Central Europe. Some of these people migrated northwards to Denmark and the other regions formerly iced.

3. Genetical surveys of the Fenno-Ugrian population states - very clearly - that it is NOT Mongloid - but "Central European".  Besides, where are the genealogocal ties between Bismarck and Finno-Ugians?!

Y-chr lineages are clearly marking to males of "Finnish/Uralic" ancestry in their past but overall genetics show them among Caucasoids and maternal lineages are mostly native European (which is not the case among Lapps or more eastern Fino-Uralic groups). Here we amy be before a case of patrifocal distortion of the overall genetic ancestry in the Y-chr study, as that which is seen in some parts of Latin America, where by the Y-chr would seem largely European but by theoverall study are mostly native.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 13:05

That kind of remark are nothing but outrigth slander - from which you should refrain in an open forum. Moreover; It doesnt even touch the issue if this discussion. Speak for youself - and stop ducking my questions.

Outright slander? hardly... they were conclusions based on what you yourself wrote, dunno why you're so touchy, you went off topic with some silly remark about me being upset by the theories you purported.

I can tear apart what you said and pull out the ambiguous comments which led me to say what I did, if you like, and if i am slandering, then there is veritas in the defamation.

And I will look over what you said again and see what I ducked, after dinner, if I have the time.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 13:26

Maju,

Your theory on "progressive blondism" - from "health reasons" - dont stick I am afraid. Neither do a presumption that "mutation have been exisiting from time origin". Biology just doesnt work that way - unless you bring an higher intelligence into the equation...

The original geno-type of the first human population would easily catch up with any major abrevation as long as there are contacts between the major population and any sub-group. Thus we need a long-term isolation to explain major genetical differences, where the sub-groups have developed into typological sub-groups, with genetic markers and biological characteristics.

(I dont magnify any mutation, thats already done - by nature...) 

If the Australian aboriginals were all pale we would immdeiatly explain it as a result of "isolationism". And rigthly so. When the sub-continent of India is etnically different from China we have a similar phenomenon - on each respective side of the Himalayas. When Africans are different form Amerindians we also explain that with simple logic and traditional etnography. Lately bio-chemistry have given us the nitty-gritties as well.

Now, all these etnic groups shows differences in "typological features" - from which thye major part can be reffered to by modern genetics as well. But they all have similarities that also tells of a common origin, right?When it comes to colors they vary, but they all have a clear percentage of pigmentation. What the northern popualtion have not. And it is exactly this phenomenon that makes the characteristics of the northern populations distinctly specific. Even if it is only skin-deep it is linked to other genetic markers that - together - tells of a long time in isolation - from ANY southern ancestors. (Remenber that if only one tropical lover would arrive - but in every 5th-10th generation - the dominant genes from their off-springs would radically change the entire process - keeping it off any typological mutation)

Add that these Caucasoids also have developed a distinctive culture - based on the arctic nature and the arctic climate - and you have what I called "the arctic condition".

Today we know that they came out of ice-time with these characteristics - populating the arctic Eurasia incredibly fast - we have to re-consider the origin of the northern populations. Even if we feel that Trans-Caucasia should be the navel of the civilized world.

Thus we have arctical popualtions that still have characteristics indowed in their etnicity, language and  culture. Just as the aborigninals, - on the other fringe of the world. Moreover, just as Aboriginals still exist across the Australian continent - you still find the Caucasians along the northern hemisphere of Eurasia. There shouldnt be any cause to deny that - as little as there should be any doubt that the old tribes of Northern Europe were - once - branches from a common, arctic origin. 

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 13:27
Originally posted by edgewaters

Originally posted by Maju

Probably not even polar bears. Animals like that would only live at the coastal edges of glaciation, where they can catch seal and fish. In an area of permanent glaciation, there is nothing to eat - no plants, no herd animals because there are no plants, nothing. Only areas that have a summer thaw, or are have access to the sea, can support anything larger than microorganisms. There is an abundance of life in arctic regions that are near open water, or have seasonal thaws, but none to speak of in areas of year-round glaciation.

Sure you're right but the northern ice casket obviously had sea edges and covered large parts of the seas. So polar bears is a safe bet: they can migrate for long distances too.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 13:36
Keeep bashing. And have a wonderful evening...Clap
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 14:17

shortly founded pics and mosaics of the rhine-area

or did they really come from spain ?

or from spain,however ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>