Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Iranians (All Iranic Peoples): Past and Present.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Iranians (All Iranic Peoples): Past and Present.
    Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 08:33
Originally posted by Land of Aryan

I found Nader shah Coin:

Obverse

In Farsi reads: " sekkeh bar zar kard nam-e saltanat-ra dar jahan/Nader-e Iran-zamin o Khorasan-e Giti setan" . meaning Nadir of the land of Iran and who seizes the world/coin in gold minted in the name of his kingdom in the world. Mint also on obverse.

Reverse

Chornogram for year 1148 reads in abjad letters: in the year, what has happened is good , the total value of letters comes to 1148 which was the year that Nadir became the king, however this jolus type for Nadir was minted from 1148 to 1151.

excellent find, history is our witness, not fallacious propaganda.

Nader Shah the Great of IRAN-ZAMIN

Edited by Zagros
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 08:41
Originally posted by Qajar

Qajar, you are already sitting on a warning, you are trolling, the next step is a permanent ban. This thread is dedicated to great Iranians, keep your distruptive and irrelevant musings to yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Any way you will ban me. It's persian site and created by persians, and most of all mods are persians. So you have rights to ban me now. Why wait???

After my ban, you will feel yourself free, because no one will challenge your statements.

So,do it.  Persian is going to ban azerbaijani in this forum. It is not a surpise for me.

Freedom of speach???..Freedom of ask questions and challenge historical and political statments and theory???....All of these are nothing for you and your friends.

All forum members!!!

Just in case I am ban in a few minutes, would like to express my thanks and regards to most of you. My mission was to provide azerbaijani version of historical and political issues we have with Iran and other countries.

The world's picture consist not only of black and white colours. There are a lot of colours between them. And the idea of universial values is to have plenty of opinions and views. This is my believe as a person from democratic and free country.

If, it's my last post, wish you all of the best.

p.s. persians,now you can ban me.

Persians? oh the big bad Persians, the oppressors - OMG - GROW UP.

I am not even Persian, nor are there any Persian moderators, Cyrus Shahmiri founded this website and is studying for his PhD, he hardly has any time to look at this site nevermind make decisions on who gets banned or not.  There are three Turkish moderators, two Greek ones and one Iranian, ME, the rest are British, Mexican, and American.  And if you have any problems with my moderation I encourage you to make a thread in the meeting hall WITH examples and not make STUPID AND DISRUPTIVE posts in irrelevant threads.

You will be banned based on your cummulative behaviour Qajar, so just keeping on going the way you are and your disruptive behind will be confined to the dustbin of AE's history along with other disruptive Iranians, Greeks, Turks and others before you. 

If you read the rules of this website (found in the meeting hall) you will see how your behaviour is in contravention of site rules, people have been banned for a lot less than you.

Edited by Zagros
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 08:54
As for the word, "Iranic"  It has fallen sour with me, but what it refers to is the Iranian supergroup (Kurds, Persians, Lors, Gilakis Talysh, Ossetian etc), whereas Iranian refers to nationality.
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 08:58
Originally posted by Alborz

guys, I have a question.

what is the definition of "Iranic"? I know what Iranian is, but Iranic, not so sure.

are you talking about a language group or a cultural,...ethnical or w/e.

I mean can we like claim to Alans (ossetians)? even though they never really were part of Iranian nation. are you implying about Greater Iran?

Iran as you know is an old geographical name that has been used through all of these ages and is completely known, (although western sources traditionally called it persia, its own people called it iran), so the native people of this land are called Iranian.

Iranic is a linguistic name and relatively a new name, which dates back to middle of 19th century , but has been used extensively through the 20th century, specially after the wwii, (when use of Aryan term somehow became taboo).

this term refers to those people who speak a branch of eastern IE languages. Actually this name is misleading , because It includes some people that never considered as Iranian, actually the fierest enemy of Iranians, (like scythians, Alans, ....) while some of the most notable Iranians like Azeries (who spoke a Turkic language) are considered as foreigners , exactly the same problem exist for Indains , they have the term Indic which is misleading too, because original natives of India Dravidians are not considered as Indic, while Mitani people who lived in middle east in 3500 years ago are considered as indic.

To sum up the discussion , we can say that Iran and Iranian is exactly have the same meaning that through all of ages , we iranians used it.

Iranic is a lingusitic term which has a different and independent meaning of Iran and Iranian.

And yes Alans and Ossethians are not Iranian, although they are speaking in a language that linguistists have found that it with Persian has the same root.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 09:27
Well put Hushyar.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 17:55

Anousheh Ansari, would be the first female space tourist

Anousheh Ansari is co-founder and CEO of Telecom Technologies, Inc. (TTI). Along with her brother-in-law Amir Ansari, she made a multi-million contribution to the X-Prize foundation on May 5, 2004, the 43rd anniversary of Alan Shepard's sub-orbital spaceflight. The X-Prize was officially renamed the Ansari X Prize in honour of their donation.

Born in 1967 in Tehran, Iran, Ansari witnessed the Iranian revolution in 1979. She immigrated to the United States in 1984 at the age of sixteen and received her bachelor's of science in electrical engineering and computer science at George Mason University. She received her master's degree at George Washington University.

Ansari, along with her husband Hamid and brother-in-law Amir, founded TTI in 1993. The company was acquired by Sonus Networks in 2000. Ansari was listed in Fortune magazine's "40 under 40" list in 2001 and honoured by Working Woman magazine as the winner of the 2000 National Entrepreneurial Excellence award.

Most recently, Prodea has announced the formation of a partnership with Space Adventures, Ltd. and the Federal Space Agency of the Russian Federation (FSA) to create a fleet of suborbital spaceflight vehicles (the Space Adventures Explorer) for global commercial use.

It was announced on March 16, 2006 that Anousheh Ansari was in training for a Soyuz flight to the International Space Station. She would serve as backup to Daisuke Enomoto, who is due to fly on Soyuz TMA-9 on September 14, 2006. If she indeed flies, Ansari would be the first female space tourist.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 15:15

Ebrahim Victory was born in Teheran Iran on December 26, 1933, (12 Bahman, 1312). He attended the Kourosh Primary School and the Firooz Bahram High School in Iran. He came to the United States in 1952, and after one year of studying English at Wesely Junior College in Dover, Delaware, he attended M.I.T. from 1953 to 1958. On June 1956 he received the degree of Bachelor of Science, and in February 1958, the degree of Master of Science, both in Mechanical Engineering. During the years 1957-1958, he also taught a course at the graduate school of M.I.T., and performed research on parachutes for the U.S. Air Force.

From 1958 to 1975 he participated in research projects involving the effects of nuclear weapons for the U.S. Air Force, silent propulsion systems for the U.S. Navy and combustion instability in rockets for NASA. He also worked for Johnson and Johnson and other American industrial companies in product development area. His services to his native land, Iran, was from 1977 to 1978, when he worked as a consultant to the Agriculture Ministry in Iran.

Ebrahim Victory is the author of some 50 scientific articles on the results of his research, as well as well over 500 popular science articles on space, astronomy, and cosmology for various Persian language magazines. His book entitled "The Wonders of the Universe" is a collection of both, the English and the Persian versions of 25 of his favorite articles. He is currently working on his second book entitled "The Magical Universe," expected to be published early in 2002.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 15:18

i think we should congratulate all iranians in the US and canada in general!

US:

#1 most educated ethnicity in the country!

Canada:

#2 most educated ethnicity in the country! (after germans)

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 15:22

Freddie Mercury was born Farrokh Bulsara in Zanzibar to Indian Parsi parents, Bomi and Jer Bulsara . As Parsis, his parents practiced the ancient Persian religion of Zoroastrianism. His family had emigrated to Zanzibar in order for Bomi to continue his job as a middle-ranking cashier at the British Colonial Office. Mercury also had one sister, Kashmira. He was educated at St. Peter's boarding school in Panchgani (Satara) near Bombay (now Mumbai) in India, where he gave his first onstage performances in a five-member school band called The Hectics.

It was also at St. Peter's where he was given the name Freddie. He completed his education in India at St. Mary's High School in Mazagon, Mumbai and was 17 when he and his family fled to England as a result of a 1964 revolution in Zanzibar. In England, he pursued a Diploma in Art and Graphic Design at Ealing Art College, following in the footsteps of Pete Townshend. He later used these skills in order to design the famous Queen crest.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 17:23

Christiane Amanpour (born January 12, 1958) is chief international correspondent for CNN. Based out of CNN's London bureau, Amanpour is one of the most recognized and highly distinguished international correspondents on American television. Her willingness to work in dangerous conflict zones has reportedly made her one of the more highly (if not the highest) paid field reporters in the world. She speaks English, Persian, and French fluently. Forbes magazine has named her one of The 100 Most Powerful Women.

Shortly after her birth in London, her father, an Iranian airline executive, moved the family to Tehran, where the Amanpours led a privileged life. At age 11, she returned to England to attend first the Holy Cross Convent School in Buckinghamshire, England, and then the New Hall School, an exclusive Roman Catholic girls' school. Her family had to flee Iran after the Islamic Revolution of 1979. Christiane moved to the United States to study journalism at the University of Rhode Island. After graduation, she worked for NBC affiliate WJAR in Providence, Rhode Island.

In 1983, she was hired by CNN. In 1989, she was posted to Frankfurt, West Germany, where she reported on the democratic revolutions sweeping Eastern Europe at the time. However, it was her coverage of the Persian Gulf War that followed Iraq's occupation of Kuwait in 1990 that made her famous. Thereafter, she reported from the Bosnian war and many other conflict zones. From 1996-2005, she contracted with CBS to file four to five in-depth, international news reports a year as a special contributor on that network's newsmagazine program, 60 Minutes.

• Amanpour called current events in Iraq a disaster on a CNN show with Larry King in January 2006.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 17:34
Dr. Farrokhroo Pārsāy: First female cabinet minister of Iran. She served as Minister of Education in 1968.

Akram Monfared (R) and Sāsān-dokht Sāsāni (L) Pilots of the Ghaleh-Morghi Airfield in Tehran. At the age of 20, Sasani became the youngest female pilot ever to fly in Iran. Monfared was the top of her class in flight numbers.

Dabir A'zam Hosna: Mayor of Babolsar. At the age of 35, she became Iran's second female mayor ever. She was soon forced to resign by an all-male city council.

Dr. Tal'at Basāri: First woman to be appointed as vice chancellor of a university in Iran. (Jondishapur University)

Dr. Shahla Solh-ju: Co-Director of Pahlavi University's Abu Reihan Observatory.

Dr. Parvin Darabi: Iran's first female Ph. D in Electronics.

Malileh Farshid: Iran's youngest female architect. She designed the Ahvaz Sports Complex. Her wish was to have it ready for Ahvaz to host the 1984 Olympics.

Elaheh Azodi: International Teenage Princess 1968, is being crowned in Chicago.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 17:40

Vartan Gregorian is a distinguished Iranian-American academic.

As an ethnic Armenian, he was born in Tabriz, Iran in 1934 and educated there, as well as in Lebanon before moving to the United States. He has received the National Humanities Medal and the Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the US. He is currently serving as the president of Carnegie Corporation of New York, a position he has held since June 1997. Prior to this post, he was the president of the New York Public Library for nine years and of Brown University for a further nine. Gregorian is on the Advisory Board of USC Center on Public Diplomacy and is a member of the editorial board of the Encyclopdia Britannica.

Edited by Land of Aryan
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 17:53

the soldiers who defended our country from the invading iraqis!

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 19:40
If Iraq won, then what would happen to Iran?
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 21:13

Originally posted by Land of Aryan

Dr. Farrokhroo Prsy: First female cabinet minister of Iran. She served as Minister of Education in 1968.

Akram Monfared (R) and Ssn-dokht Ssni (L) Pilots of the Ghaleh-Morghi Airfield in Tehran. At the age of 20, Sasani became the youngest female pilot ever to fly in Iran. Monfared was the top of her class in flight numbers.

Dabir A'zam Hosna: Mayor of Babolsar. At the age of 35, she became Iran's second female mayor ever. She was soon forced to resign by an all-male city council.

Dr. Tal'at Basri: First woman to be appointed as vice chancellor of a university in Iran. (Jondishapur University)

Dr. Shahla Solh-ju: Co-Director of Pahlavi University's Abu Reihan Observatory.

Dr. Parvin Darabi: Iran's first female Ph. D in Electronics.

Malileh Farshid: Iran's youngest female architect. She designed the Ahvaz Sports Complex. Her wish was to have it ready for Ahvaz to host the 1984 Olympics.

Elaheh Azodi: International Teenage Princess 1968, is being crowned in Chicago.

The best post in this topic

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 11:46
Famous Iranians

Omid Kordestani - Senior Vice President of Google

Pierre Omidyar - Founder of EBAY

Firouz Naderi - NASA - Mars Exploration Program Manager

Mohammad Jamshidi - NASA/MARS Pathfinder Project mission

Hamid Berenji - NASA scientist
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 13:02
I am sure Elahe Azodi is Kermanshahi.  My dad mentioned one of our girls winning some international beauty thing in the sixties so I am guessing it's her (correct me if I am wrong).
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 10:25

I think the problem with some Iranian or Iranic guys here is mixing up the Iranian, Iranic, past and present. 

I just wonder, if the term Iranian is designated to the nationality, then What the Tajik greatmen should have to do something with you?

If Iranic( which is based on language) is considered here, then what the greatmen who spoke other than iranic should have to do with you?

As for the present and past, Soghdians were Iranic, but most of them had become Turkic. There are plenty of examples like this, aren't there?

Please be clear, when you claim something or someone to be part of your culture or history, then continue your logical discussions.

Either make a history or become a history.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 11:42
Originally posted by barbar

I think the problem with some Iranian or Iranic guys here is mixing up the Iranian, Iranic, past and present. 

I just wonder, if the term Iranian is designated to the nationality, then What the Tajik greatmen should have to do something with you?

If Iranic( which is based on language) is considered here, then what the greatmen who spoke other than iranic should have to do with you?

As for the present and past, Soghdians were Iranic, but most of them had become Turkic. There are plenty of examples like this, aren't there?

Please be clear, when you claim something or someone to be part of your culture or history, then continue your logical discussions.

Tajiks are more Persian than Persians and they celebrate Iranian (nationality) heros as much as we celebrate theirs.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 15:39
Originally posted by barbar

first of all, the thread is called "famous iranians (all iranic peoples)...." therefore, that includes all iranians, whether they are iranic or not, and also includes all iranic people whether they live in iran, china, or ossetia.

everyone posted in here is iranian, or iranic.

and tajiks are persians. tajiks are a branch of the persian tribe, ask any tajik, they will tell you that they are of the persian branch of indo iranian.

therefore, avicenna, khwarizmi, etc.... who were tajik, are also persian because the relation is very very very close between these two peoples. and i believe the other group of persians are the lors... but im not sure...

Edited by prsn41ife
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>