Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Iranians (All Iranic Peoples): Past and Present.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Iranians (All Iranic Peoples): Past and Present.
    Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:18

So what?  He was an Iranian Shahanshah and is considered a great hero, we even made a huge statue in his honour in Mashhad.  The English royal family are German in origin, can't teh English celebrate them?

We will celebrate all of our people who did great things in the name of Iran.

Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:27

Of course you can celebrate

We are celebrating to. Ankaras biggest hospitals name is Ibni Sina Hospital. We like him to and he is a great example for us

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:29
Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

Of course you can celebrate

We are celebrating to. Ankaras biggest hospitals name is Ibni Sina Hospital. We like him to and he is a great example for us

but he wasnt turkish, nor was he turkic.

the difference between nadir shah is that he called himself iranian. ibn sina never called himself a turk.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:37
Ouch!!! Calling a Turkish national hero an Iranian. Why you have to say things like that
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:38
I hope better destiny than my norouz for this topic  hope ble();
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:41

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Ouch!!! Calling a Turkish national hero an Iranian. Why you have to say things like that

which national hero? ataturk? i didnt say anything about ataturk.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 18:48
You make my Mario avatar a very sad Mario
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 19:15
Any more trolling and there will be warnings/bans dished out accordingly.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2006 at 19:28
What is trolling?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 09:41
Read the forum rules and you will find out.
Qajar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Qajar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:06

Sattar Khan and his constitutional revolutionaries in seige of Tabriz fighting the oppressive Russian backed Qajar absolutists.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------

Guys!!! Please stop claiming azerbaijani-turks people as iranians!!!!!!!

Sattar-Khan, Qajar's Shahs, Shah Ismail, Sefevids, Nadir-Shah, Shah Abbas the Great and many others who were mentioned here are AZERBAIJANI-TURKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop claiming our destiny and history!!!! Please, it's not good to still other nation's pride.

Persia has it's rich and long history, so please be proud og everything what belongs to you but not to your neighbours. 

Shah Ismail I Sefevid - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasti of Iran.

Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasty in Iran.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:22

Ismail founder of the Safavid Dynasty of Iran.

Darius the Great

Khosru the Great, Shah of Sassanid Persia, who brought the Byzantines to their knees, and took revenge on the Greeks and Romans for destroying Achaemenid Persia.

arash hey, i like his music...

sara racey tabrizi.....hottttttt!!

Edited by prsn41ife
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:31
Originally posted by Qajar

Sattar Khan and his constitutional revolutionaries in seige of Tabriz fighting the oppressive Russian backed Qajar absolutists.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------

Sattar-Khan, Qajar's Shahs, Shah Ismail, Sefevids, Nadir-Shah, Shah Abbas the Great and many others who were mentioned here are AZERBAIJANI-TURKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop claiming our destiny and history!!!! Please, it's not good to still other nation's pride.

Persia has it's rich and long history, so please be proud og everything what belongs to you but not to your neighbours. 

Qajar, you are already sitting on a warning, you are trolling, the next step is a permanent ban. This thread is dedicated to great Iranians, keep your distruptive and irrelevant musings to yourself.

Edited by Zagros
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:34

Babak Khorramdin.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:40
I found Nader shah Coin:

Obverse

In Farsi reads: " sekkeh bar zar kard nam-e saltanat-ra dar jahan/Nader-e Iran-zamin o Khorasan-e Giti setan" . meaning Nadir of the land of Iran and who seizes the world/coin in gold minted in the name of his kingdom in the world. Mint also on obverse.

Reverse

Chornogram for year 1148 reads in abjad letters: in the year, what has happened is good , the total value of letters comes to 1148 which was the year that Nadir became the king, however this jolus type for Nadir was minted from 1148 to 1151.

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 18:53

Nezami Gnjvi (نظامی گنجوی in Persian, Nizami Gəncəvi in Azerbaijani)‎ (1141 1209), whose full Arabic name was Nizām ad-Dīn Abū Muhammad Ilyās ibn-Yusūf ibn-Zakī ibn-Muˤayyid Nizāmī Ganjavī, was a Persian poet and storywriter. He was born in Ganja (known during the Soviet period as Kirovabad, Azerbaijan), the capital of Arran in Azerbaijan, where he remained until his death. According to some sources, his father originated from the village of Ta or Tafresh near Qom and his mother, named Ra'isa, was Kurdish. [1]

The region of Arran (the central lowland part of today's Republic of Azerbaijan), where Nezm lived and wrote, had in his time only recently become the scene of significant literary activity in Persian. In Azerbaijan, where numerous languages and dialects were spoken, one of the original languages was a local Iranian dialect, Āzarī (not to be confused by the Turkic Azeri language now spoken in the region), but with increasing westward migrations of Turks in the eleventh century Turkish became widespread.

When in the twelfth century the Seljuks extended their control into the region, their provincial governors, virtually autonomous local princes, encouraged Persian letters. By the mid-twelfth century, many important poets enjoyed their patronage, and there developed a distinctive Azerbaijani style of poetry in Persian, which contrasted with Khorasani ("Eastern") style in its rhetorical sophistication, its innovative use of metaphor and its use of technical terminology and Christian imagery.

Sassanid king, Bahram Gur is a great favourite in Persian tradition and poetry. Depction of Nizami's "Bahram and the Indian princess in the black pavilion" Khamse ("Quintet"), mid-16th century Safavid era.

Works

Nezami lived in an age of both political instability and intense intellectual activity, which his poems reflect; but little is known about his life, his relations with his patrons, or the precise dates of his works, as the accounts of later biographers are colored by the many legends built up around the poet. Although he left a small corpus of lyric poetry, Nezami is best known for his five long narrative poems.

Often referred to by the honorific Hkim "the Sage", Nezami is both a learned poet and master of a lyrical and sensuous style. His poems show that not only was he fully acquainted with Arabic and Persian literature and with oral and written popular and local traditions, but was also familiar with such diverse fields as mathematics, geometry, astronomy and astrology, alchemy, medicine, Koranic exegesis, Islamic theology and law, history, ethnics, philosophy and esoteric thought, music and the visual arts.

Nezami was a master of the Masnavi style (double-rhymed verses) and one of the four great Persian poets of the 12th century CE. He wrote poetical works; the main one is the Pnjgnj "Quinary", also known by the Persian pronunciation of the same word in Arabic, Khamseh. The Quinary includes five books:

The Nezami Museum of Literature is located in Baku, Azerbaijan. Nezami's mausoleum is located in Ganja, Azerbaijan. The monument was built in 1991 replaced a similar obelisk dating from the late 1940s. The mausoleum is an elegant marble covered structure about 20 m tall. Behind it there is an open area with a display of scenes from Nezami's books, sculpted in metal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nezami

Quotes

some pan ## deleted this line from wiki

همه عالم تن است و ایران دل
نیست گوینده زین قیاس خجل

"Iran is The Heart and all the universe The Body,
Of this claim, the poet feels no regret or humility."

Qajar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Qajar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 19:00

Qajar, you are already sitting on a warning, you are trolling, the next step is a permanent ban. This thread is dedicated to great Iranians, keep your distruptive and irrelevant musings to yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Any way you will ban me. It's persian site and created by persians, and most of all mods are persians. So you have rights to ban me now. Why wait???

After my ban, you will feel yourself free, because no one will challenge your statements.

So,do it.  Persian is going to ban azerbaijani in this forum. It is not a surpise for me.

Freedom of speach???..Freedom of ask questions and challenge historical and political statments and theory???....All of these are nothing for you and your friends.

All forum members!!!

Just in case I am ban in a few minutes, would like to express my thanks and regards to most of you. My mission was to provide azerbaijani version of historical and political issues we have with Iran and other countries.

The world's picture consist not only of black and white colours. There are a lot of colours between them. And the idea of universial values is to have plenty of opinions and views. This is my believe as a person from democratic and free country.

If, it's my last post, wish you all of the best.

p.s. persians,now you can ban me.

Shah Ismail I Sefevid - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasti of Iran.

Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasty in Iran.
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2006 at 23:39

Azarbaijan was and is part of Iran , so their people are Iranian.

except Shah Abbas and Nadir the rest were Azarbaijani, so what , they were Iranian too, Are people of lankaran are not Azarbaijani?

Shusha belongs to Artsakh(or older Nogorno-Qarabag) many of the most famous Azari musicians have born there, does it make them Armenian?or at least Artsakhian?

Stop claiming our destiny and history!!!! Please, it's not good to still other nation's pride

thats not claim, thats our history, and about stealing, surely we are not those who do that.

Persia has it's rich and long history, so please be proud og everything what belongs to you but not to your neighbours.

Persia, (Pars or Fars) province is one of the provinces of Iran in southern Iran, and surely has a rich and long History, but here we speak about Iran, which includes both Pars and Azarbaijan.

It's persian site and created by persians, and most of all mods are persians

No we have only one persian moderator and he is Zagros,(and actualy he is not persian)

Persian is going to ban azerbaijani in this forum. It is not a surpise for me.

Freedom of speach???..Freedom of ask questions and challenge historical and political statments and theory???....All of these are nothing for you and your friends.

we chuvenist Iranian!!!!! Shame on us,

Just in case I am ban in a few minutes,

no you'll not be banned, because not Zagros nor anybody else has this power to ban any one who want, you must first break the rules then they will ban you, by that time, enjoy your life.

would like to express my thanks and regards to most of you.

Thank you

My mission was to provide azerbaijani version of historical and political issues we have with Iran and other countries.

History is a science, and there is not any version for it.If it is true, it is science, If it is for propaganda, its not History.

for Politics I think you were succesfull. We found so much about intentions of our northern neighbor.(And our president still insists on friendship between two !!Brother !!country)

And Mission?????!!!! Are you an Agent!!!!!!

p.s. persians,now you can ban me

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 04:49

Any way you will ban me. It's persian site and created by persians, and most of all mods are persians. So you have rights to ban me now. Why wait???

After my ban, you will feel yourself free, because no one will challenge your statements.

youve been warned for torlling, if you want to discuss and "challenge" others please provide sources and proofs for these challenges otherwise its just provoking statments and trolling.

also dont go off topic , if you want to discuss any new subjects just make a new thread for it.

Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2006 at 05:01

guys, I have a question.

what is the definition of "Iranic"? I know what Iranian is, but Iranic, not so sure.

are you talking about a language group or a cultural,...ethnical or w/e.

I mean can we like claim to Alans (ossetians)? even though they never really were part of Iranian nation. are you implying about Greater Iran?

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>