Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What if Serbia didnt participate in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if Serbia didnt participate in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia?
    Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:49
We'd never have gotten as rich as we did either. I'd
be afraid to touch the walls of buildings in eastern
Bulgaria.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 15:12

Originally posted by NikeBG

Btw, there's another question, which interests me: What would've happened if the talks of a united state of Serbia and Bulgaria had succeeded (I think during the time of King Milan)? Indeed, real Yugoslavia was big, but what if it reached whole the way to the Black Sea?

I think the reason it did not happen was because it was rejected by the Soviets, as the Yugoslav regime was becoming increasingly prowestern.

In any case I am glad Bulgaria did not enter. I would have hated to see some of the ethnic strife be exported here in Bulgaria as well.

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 20:48
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Beowulf:

I really don't think you can blame the Yugoslav civil wars on the West.  That is more than a stretch.

What about Western Media. They made all Serbians look like Villians, due to one person - Slobo. And Clinton always did have a hatred toward Serbia, he blamed them for both of the World Wars. When one hears the western media, it leaves the strong impression that one is hearing but little of the true facts. We see a few events, but we miss the underlying explanation. For this reason, I turned to the Serbian information service to get the rest of the story. From reports around the world, and from all sectors, comes a far different picture than is painted by our own political pundits.
Beowulf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 12:41

It's amazing how Clinton could say such a thing! There isn't a single objective source that says Serbs were to blame for the ww1. As for ww2-everybody knows it started in 1939!!! It didn't start in Serbia until 1941!!! I mean - i'm surprised nobody reacted on Clinton's claims!!! It was one the most idiotic statements of the century! Come to think he was educated at Oxford....

And Madelaine Albright was saved in WWII by the Serbs - the entire village rhisked their lives to hide a little girl and her relatives from the Nazis. Today they have got a nice little reminder - an unexploded NATO missile...

Edited by Beowulf
... Mornie utli (darkness has come)

Believe and you will find your way

Mornie alanti (darkness has fallen)

A promise lives within you now ...
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 14:07
Wait a minute... Clinton ACTUALLY said that? I
thought it was a Serbian joke?
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 14:41

Beowulf:

Bill Clinton went to Georgetown University, and to Yale Law.  If his administration is any indicator, he spent most of his college life chasing skirts.

The Rhodes scholar thing at Oxford is a Curriculum Vitae filler.  It looks good on a resume.  He obviously didn't learn anything about the Balkans.

Edited by pikeshot1600
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 14:47
First Winston Churchill and now Bill Clinton... two of
the most important leaders of their time - and both
blamed Serbia for everything.

Do you see what that means, Beowulf? You're a
horrible nation - and you need to learn to sit and roll
over on command like the rest of us.

I'm telling you... a few more centuries of
"Awww...what a good Bosnia! And a treat for you too,
Croatia!" and the international community is just
going to give up and have Serbia put to sleep.

Now do you want that, Beowulf? I don't think you want
that...

But seriously, wow? I can't believe he said that.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 15:43
A qoute that a found on a site by Proffesor Edmond Paris

"Serbs should NEVER forget (or forgive!) the worst Nazis of all times - the American cowboys - their role in arming, equipping, training and guiding 1990's Ustashi in their ethnic cleansing and genocide of the Krajina Serbs"

Oddly enough, he was American. A pretty dumb thing to say.

Edited by Jay.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 15:46
Who is Professor Edmond Paris?
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 15:46
Well, genocide did happen against Serbs there. I don't think the Americans were THAT involved though, if at all.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 15:51
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Who is Professor Edmond Paris?

http://www.srpska-mreza.com/History/ww2/thugs.html
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 08:22

Originally posted by Mila

Wait a minute... Clinton ACTUALLY said that? I
thought it was a Serbian joke?

I heard him on voice of America...in the pause between two airstrikes.I couldn't believe my ears.... Come to think he's a ''democrat'', and people say a democrat is better then a republican.Like that Kerry guy would do anything different then Bush....they all have to act according to interests of the big bucks...i doubt that they decide anything for themselves.

Bosniathebestcountry View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 06:30

hmm, i always wondered why bulgaria wasnt part of yugoslavia. Macedonia was....bulgaria is just as much slavik as macedonia is. I think slovenia, croatia, bosnia and hercegovina, serbia and montenegro, macedonia AND bulgaria should form Yugslavia again. We'd be much stronger together, individually everbodys smaller and more insignificant. I think it will happen one day. Western Europe might actually make it happen to stabilize the economy in the balkans so all of us can join and contribute something to the european union. I think european union is trying to form one economy to kick americas ass.

Beowulf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 07:49
Originally posted by Bosniathebestcountry

hmm, i always wondered why bulgaria wasnt part of yugoslavia. Macedonia was....bulgaria is just as much slavik as macedonia is. I think slovenia, croatia, bosnia and hercegovina, serbia and montenegro, macedonia AND bulgaria should form Yugslavia again. We'd be much stronger together, individually everbodys smaller and more insignificant. I think it will happen one day. Western Europe might actually make it happen to stabilize the economy in the balkans so all of us can join and contribute something to the european union. I think european union is trying to form one economy to kick americas ass.

The Croats are not very happy about this proposal. They think that this would pull them back. And I think that Slovenia will never agree with that, because they are not strictly on Balkan, they are more Central European country.

Bosniathebestcountry View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Bosniathebestcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 08:02
What do the serbians want? i never really talked with a serbian about this stuff? do serbians truly hate bosnians? if so, why? If serbia has always wanted yugoslavian unity then im all for that, but why did they massaccre so many innocent people in bosnia and committed all these atrocities? theyve killed way more bosnians in this war than croats. The croat war was nothing but a setup between tudjman and milosevic to split bosnia in half.
Beowulf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 08:18

Originally posted by Bosniathebestcountry

What do the serbians want? i never really talked with a serbian about this stuff? do serbians truly hate bosnians? if so, why? If serbia has always wanted yugoslavian unity then im all for that, but why did they massaccre so many innocent people in bosnia and committed all these atrocities? theyve killed way more bosnians in this war than croats. The croat war was nothing but a setup between tudjman and milosevic to split bosnia in half.

I don't know for sure, but some people are in favour for Yugoslavia, but I think that the majority is not for it. I don't support the idea of Yugoslavia, because I think that after all these wars and suffering it can not happen again.

I don't think that most Serbians hate Bosnian, but that's my oppinion.

Concerning the massacre - you should ask those who did it. But I'm asking you: Do you really think that only Serbs are responsible for war crimes? Do you think that Mulims and Croats haven't commited any war crimes?

Btw., who provoced the Handzar Division to masacre the Serbs during WWII? What did Serbs do to them?  

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 10:20
There's nowhere such a conversation can go.

We were massacred during WWII too, Beowulf. That seems to be the Serbian trump card. If a single person was massacred in any war, you don't need to acknowledge anything that happened to anyone else until the end of time. So we were massacred in WWII, end of story?

Well, I could never really dismiss people like that.

My only serious question is this:

I'm under the impression the Bosniak Handzar Division was recruited here but operated outside of the Balkans, and thus had nothing to do with Serbs or Serbia?

Edited by Mila
Beowulf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 11:46

There's nowhere such a conversation can go.

We were massacred during WWII too, Beowulf. That seems to be the Serbian trump card. If a single person was massacred in any war, you don't need to acknowledge anything that happened to anyone else until the end of time. So we were massacred in WWII, end of story?

Well, I could never really dismiss people like that.

My only serious question is this:

I'm under the impression the Bosniak Handzar Division was recruited here but operated outside of the Balkans, and thus had nothing to do with Serbs or Serbia?

No that isn't true. They operated in north and east Bosnia.

Yes, I'm aware that Bosniaks were massacred during WWII, too. I never said that that's not true. However, Serbs were killed in far greater numbers.

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 12:23
I know, Beowulf. And, furthermore, you were targetted in an organized campaign of genocide and ethnic cleansing. People sat around and decided what they were going to do with your people - it wasn't some accident.

I just wish you'd give us the same understanding and distance as related to 1992-1995. No side - not in Slovenia, not in Croatia, and not even in Kosovo, and certainly not in Serbia - experienced what Bosniaks experienced.

I don't go around saying Bosniaks were the true victims of WWII, that everything else is just a conspiracy. The Serbs killed were all soliders...whatever other foolish claims they make in relation to 1992-1995. I just wish the other side would do the same.

That's the point I was trying to make and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings to do it if I did.
Beowulf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2006 at 13:26

The Serbs killed were all soliders...whatever other foolish claims they make in relation to 1992-1995. I just wish the other side would do the same.

Those who claim it to be true have failed to present any reliable evidence. Nobody can denie what happened in Bosnia. All the evidence is clear enough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>