Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Achemenid Gold Book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Achemenid Gold Book
    Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 19:39

11 October 2005

CAIS

The Circle of Ancient Iranian Studies

24 pieces of historical artefacts were recovered from smugglers in the bgh-e Feyz district of the Greater Tehran, according to Colonel Alireza Aqshat of Tehran Police.

The recovered artefacts belong to early 1st millennium BCE to Achaemenid period.

The most significant artefact in this recovery operation is an eight-page book made of Golden sheets inscribed in cuneiform. This is one of the most unique objects from the Achaemenid era, since is in a book format.

Other objects which are of historical importance are: one golden statue of an ibex, one necklace decorated with seven crescent beaded-tassels, a golden bracelet decorated with rectangular and triangular shapes, a golden bracelet with no decoration, 16 golden earrings, three strings of beads made of precious stones in various shapes and colours, two stone spindle-heads, two little-bells, seven bracelets and two rings made of bronze, two bronze objects in the shape of skeleton, bronze arrow and spear heads, one creature statute made of bronze and a turtle stone statuate,5 bronze buttons, one copper and four bronze coins, two silver rods and one silver hawkbell.

A farmer from Rudbr also arrested, who found these recovered items, during the plough. The items were sold to smugglers, and were headed for foreign markets.

Tehran police will surrender the artefacts to ICHTO after completing their investigations.

wow, Interesting!!!
Seko asked me to write something at end of the Copy/Paste
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 19:59

very good work by the iranian police!

im so glad they found this stuff!

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 00:56

I didnt know this gold book existed thanx for sharing.

YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 22:08
It would be interesting to see what the inscriptions in that book referred to.  Could it have been a sort of religious tome used by the Zoroastarian priests in the course of their duties?  Or was it a code of law dictated by the Great King for use in court judgements?
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 22:27
I'm not certain, but just for the recod I think it's a fake.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 22:37
Originally posted by Land of Aryan

wow, Interesting!!!
Seko asked me to write something at end of the Copy/Paste
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
 Post Reply Post Reply