Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSomething strange about Bollywood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something strange about Bollywood
    Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 18:42
Originally posted by maqsad: From the very site that you posted: Punjabis eat rice infrequently

I know what it said, dear.    I was talking about meat consumption among Punjabis.  Not rice.  That site indicates that the everyday Punjabi meal is vegetarian.   Have you ever lived in India's Punjab?  A Punjabi friend of mine (an NRI) interestingly told me that the meat can be pricey, and how a lot of people in Punjab can't afford it and therefore don't eat it. 

Originally posted by maqsad:  the diet of northwest indians has a hella lot less polished rice and a hella lot more animal products in it than the typical indian diet

Wait a minute.    Are you talking about just Punjab or NorthWest India as a whole?

What about Rajasthan or Kashmir?   Rajasthan is notorious for having vegetarian dishes, due to the huge Jain and marwari communities.  

Rice is actually eaten frequently in Kashmir, but you don't have to point out to me the lamb and goat consumption by the Muslims (Kashmiri Pandits tend to be vegetarian), but UP also ironically boasts of similar meat delicacies. 

Come to think of it, why would an Indian Punjabi family want to eat tandoori chicken or murg makhani on a daily basis?  Not everybody wants to look like the chunky Pakistani mujras on youtube. 

Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2006 at 02:49

Indian muslims like to call themselves Pathan irrespective of their origin because amongst the muslims it is fachionable to ba a pathan for these two regions :

1. The Pathan criminal gangs have always dominated Bombay & most other big north Indian cities in criminal activities. the muslim community being slightly backward in India these gangsters become the local heros of the muslim community & everybody treis to emulate them. Thus being a pathan became fashionable amongst Indian muslims.

2. In Bollywood Pathans were often represented as principled Gangsters akin to Pran becoming a friend Of Amitabh bachhan & singing Yaari Hai Imaan (still my favourite song). These villain characters became increasingly popular as all villains are & increased the fashionability of being a pathan.

3. Niether Shah Rukh nor Salman is a pathan. And talking of the pashto culture in India. It became an extinct species, long back. 
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2006 at 02:53
Most of these so called punjabi meat dishes are not punjabi. They belong to UP. the Punjabi name has struck to the North indian food because most of the Restaurants & motels in India were owned or operated by the Punjabis. These Punjabi restaurants served north indian food, wjhich due to the numerosity of their owners ethnicity became famous as Punjabi.

Most of the food that the pakistanis eat today is tradition food of Uttar Pradesh.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 11:57
Originally posted by kush_boy2003

It should also be noted that the sikhs(pakis) gave the brits the most trouble too, perhaps even more anguish and misery than the afghans did.

Not one sikh in a million will accept being called paki. From what I heard it is actually a slur in UK.

Yes its a slurr in the UK but it does not change the fact that sikhism was created in pakistan by pakis. It does not change that fact that all panch of the aabs of punjab are in pakistan. It does not change the fact that all the gurus were pakis and an offshoot of the preislamic paki culture. It does not change the fact that many many sikhs long to go on a holy pilgramage to their spiritual birthplace--pakistan! Yes they are ex-paki fanatics who hate their original roots but what they accept or don't accept does not change historical fact. This is a history forum remember? Pakistan did exist geographically, historically but not politically before 1947. It is the original panjab and it is the original India.

But my point was that while Sikh and Hindu panjabis will be very proud of this history, muslim panjabis and other paki non-panjabis will usually be completely ignorant because its kinda "hushed up" in pakistan. Much like Canadian Sikhs will not know that there is a province called panjab in pakistan where their religion and language were actually created lol.
Your posts are contradictory? Are sikhs ignorant or well informed?

No they are not contradictory. A sikh can be ignorant or a sikh can be well informed. My point was that on the Indian side they will put a different spin on paki/sikh history. On the paki side they will put a different spin on sikh/paki history. Each side will get a different version and will be more knowledgable from a certain angle and more ignorant from another angle about the same facts. How hard is that for people to comprehend?
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:12
Originally posted by RajputGirl

I know what it said, dear.    I was talking about meat consumption among Punjabis.  Not rice.  That site indicates that the everyday Punjabi meal is vegetarian.   Have you ever lived in India's Punjab?  A Punjabi friend of mine (an NRI) interestingly told me that the meat can be pricey, and how a lot of people in Punjab can't afford it and therefore don't eat it. 

Why can't you stop thinking about meat? Just forget your hindu inferiority complex or whatever it is and quit obsessing over how much meat Indians eat or how "none vegetarian" they really are. I was never talking about meat I was talking about RICE! RICE! RICE! Can you get it through your skull once and for all? What I said was that the northwest parts of the subcontinent eat a hell of a lot less polished rice as part of their diet than the south and the east and especially the southeast. The more southeast you go the larger the proportion of polished white rice becomes part of the diet and if I am not mistaken less and less of it is basmati too. You disagreed with that and put up that nonsensical link, from that link I pointed this out:

A typical Punjabi meal with consist of roti, daal, yogurt and curried vegetable.

As you can see rice is missing. ANIMAL PRODUCT is there(yogurt) and usually butter is present as well in panjabi food which is what I was saying all along.

Wait a minute.    Are you talking about just Punjab or NorthWest India as a whole?

What about Rajasthan or Kashmir?   Rajasthan is notorious for having vegetarian dishes, due to the huge Jain and marwari communities.  

Rice is actually eaten frequently in Kashmir, but you don't have to point out to me the lamb and goat consumption by the Muslims (Kashmiri Pandits tend to be vegetarian), but UP also ironically boasts of similar meat delicacies. 

I am speaking mainly of northwest pakistan. I believe that rice forms a much smaller proportion of total caloric intake the more northwest you go and the proportion of rice in meals increases the more southeast you go in India. Its been observed almost 100 years ago to be a case and much has been written, studied and debated pertaining to this fact.

Come to think of it, why would an Indian Punjabi family want to eat tandoori chicken or murg makhani on a daily basis?  Not everybody wants to look like the chunky Pakistani mujras on youtube. 

Yes, only the skeletons dream about looking like them its understandable. And its not meat that makes people bloated, those mujras probably became like that from eating too much rice and mithai.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:24

but then again I am no expert in judging where people in india come from based on their appearance. I am sure others can make a much better judgement than me.

LOL! 

Are you serious?  It's our turn to tip our hats off to you for owning yourself. 

No it would have been your turn to tip your hats off to me had I been wrong. But since I wasn't I am sorry but you will have to take number.
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 16:43
Originally posted by maqsad

It should also be noted that the sikhs(pakis) gave the brits the most trouble too, perhaps even more anguish and misery than the afghans did.

Not one sikh in a million will accept being called paki. From what I heard it is actually a slur in UK.

Yes its a slurr in the UK but it does not change the fact that sikhism was created in pakistan by pakis. It does not change that fact that all panch of the aabs of punjab are in pakistan. It does not change the fact that all the gurus were pakis and an offshoot of the preislamic paki culture. It does not change the fact that many many sikhs long to go on a holy pilgramage to their spiritual birthplace--pakistan! Yes they are ex-paki fanatics who hate their original roots but what they accept or don't accept does not change historical fact. This is a history forum remember? Pakistan did exist geographically, historically but not politically before 1947. It is the original panjab and it is the original India.

I'm from the UK, the word Paki is not a slurr, that is not a strong enough for what it means. Is is refered to all Asians  by racists and in the UK it is a derogotory term.
An Indian will not object to be called a Paki because it is short for Pakistani but because of its racist implication.

Maqsad when you say all the "abbs"  of "Punjab" are in Pakistan you should check in a geography book where the Beas river flows because unless the river has suddenly changed course, it does not enter "Pakistan"LOL . Also these rivers Ravi, Satluj and Beas flow from the himalayas down through India into Pakistan, you make it sound as if they rise in Pakistan and flow into INDIA  

Edited by Vedam - 05-Nov-2006 at 17:41
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 00:09
Maqsad & his hieghts of appropriation / Encroachment. Thanks for telling us that, Sikhism belongs to Pakistan, We will ensure it comes back to the people who still follow & respect it, like East Pakistan & Kashmir. We will respect your statement & make it true in spirit. Thanks a lot.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 03:33
Originally posted by Vedam

I'm from the UK, the word Paki is not a slurr, that is not a strong enough for what it means. Is is refered to all Asians  by racists and in the UK it is a derogotory term.

Yes we know that, I think he was implying Sikhs look down upon pakis. The poster might have been unaware it was used for all south asian types.

An Indian will not object to be called a Paki because it is short for Pakistani but because of its racist implication.

Yes we all know that. Pakis and "dotheads" means pretty much the same.

Maqsad when you say all the "abbs"  of "Punjab" are in Pakistan you should check in a geography book where the Beas river flows because unless the river has suddenly changed course, it does not enter "Pakistan"LOL . Also these rivers Ravi, Satluj and Beas flow from the himalayas down through India into Pakistan, you make it sound as if they rise in Pakistan and flow into INDIA  

I can't get everything right all the time. I'm not perfect.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 03:37
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Maqsad & his hieghts of appropriation / Encroachment. Thanks for telling us that, Sikhism belongs to Pakistan, We will ensure it comes back to the people who still follow & respect it, like East Pakistan & Kashmir. We will respect your statement & make it true in spirit. Thanks a lot.

Even though it belongs TO us it still belongs WITH the people we created it for. I just wanted to remind them of history so that they do not get too delusional.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 06:11
Oh ! Maqsad & his classical delusions of history. Prosper with your dreams !!!!
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 19:48
Well you being an Ex-Pakistani like the sikhs must also appreciate where Vedic Hinduism started. Don't worry, one day pakis might build a pilgramage monument in Taxilla to mark where Panini spread his work to the intelligencia of the time. Then you too can conduct a pilgramage to the former holy land like the sardars do already.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 23:53
Off course, I wil travel to that, but your choice about the builders is wrong, It is more probable to be vice versa. Off course helped by the Afghhans & the Baloochis.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 01:41
How do looks matter.Indians are kicking everyone elses ass in the last 2 to 3 years.North or South we are one and we are going to dominate every other nation in the world.We are way cleverer than any of our neighbours and the next 10 years will tell.Peace.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 02:26
Originally posted by hedon27

How do looks matter.Indians are kicking everyone elses ass in the last 2 to 3 years.North or South we are one and we are going to dominate every other nation in the world.We are way cleverer than any of our neighbours and the next 10 years will tell.Peace.

Welcome Hedon to this forum & cangrats for your first ever post. But would like to point out one thing :

1. We are not kicking anybody for anything. That is not a nice thing to do. I request you to use better words.

2. We are not going to dominate anybody. That is not the ideal of our nation or culture.

3. We are not cleverer than anybody. All humans are alike in terms of intelligence, they differ only in their culture. Claiming supremecy is agaisnt our ethos. Being supreme is off course OK but no claiming please.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 03:53
HI Vivek,Nice to meet you too.I do apologize for my words.I knew someone was going to say this and this is precisely why I wrote what I did.I agree 100% with what you are saying.But the whole topic of this thread is that some guys are saying that average  Indians are ugly ,uncivilized people who are in some way inferior to their fairer skinned bretheren and somehow colour of ones skin equates to intellectual/racial superiority.You and I know that this is not the case in our country,but our young country has a point to prove.We have been in a nihilistic delusion of niceness for too long and it has costed us dearly.We need to change the way these people perceive us.I think the time is right to claim superiority,dont you think? 
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 04:39
I don't think anyone mentioned inferiority. The thread was about inferiority complex not inferiority itself.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 05:40
Hi Magsad,
This is a post originally posted by Machine
Theres lots of hot White chicks in Australia who look just as good as any hollywood star. 
When i think Indians, i think ugly really dark skinned people. But some of these Bollywood stars are quite attractive.

I dont think he means inferiority complex.He means inferior.But you are right,it is within all of us.I am a Maharashtrian Kokanastha Chitpavan.I am currently in Australia and when I tell people I am Indian they are quite surprised and when I was younger I  used to be secretly pleased.Now reading this over analysis about race,it just seems silly,that anyone still cares about these sort of things.
But you are right.It is within all of us.Everyone wants to belong to a better race.I have heard my family members claim Italian/Jewish ancestry.Some of the people here might be interested in this website
http://www.kokanastha.com/research/weekly01.htm
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 07:07
I think you miss the point. The whole of India has an inferiority complex about their looks, especially skin tone. What this "machine" person here says is just his opinion. The inferiority complex is YOUR opinion collectively speaking. Get it? So the thread is entirely about an inferiority complex, don't distract from that with random quotes by people voicing their opinions. 
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 07:41
Originally posted by maqsad

I don't think anyone mentioned inferiority. The thread was about inferiority complex not inferiority itself.

You did nto get the point, The inferiotity complex is amongst the ............ or whoever keeps poking thier noses in all things, having nothing worthwhile of their own to say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>