Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgarian and Foreign Historical Forums and Sites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgarian and Foreign Historical Forums and Sites
    Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 06:12
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 07:02
A nice site with a lot of materials on English, Bulgarian, Russian, German and other languages
Historical sources from the above site, scanned, on Bulgarian
The historical section of the Bulgarian MFA site (Ministry of Foreign Affairs), on Bulgarian
Another good site, on Bulgarian

Edited by NikeBG
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2006 at 07:21
I'll add some things from my bookmark list:

Sites mainly about Bulgarian history:
Liternet (some quite interesting publications)
Ald-bg.narod.ru (some nice sources etc.)
Protobulgarians
BG-Science (with forum)
BG-History
Great Bulgaria (on English)
BGNS
Voenno izdatelstvo
Questia (some history books for buying)

Sites mainly for foreign history:
Internet Medieval Sourcebook (with English translations of various medieval sources)
X-Legio (great Russian site)
Ancient Worlds (interesting community-like site)
Historical maps (obvious)
History on maps (historical maps)
Huns (and other things, haven't read the whole of it)
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 03:14
Ok, I've found another nice forum (also with international section).
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2006 at 00:38
And another portion of links (not only about BG history):
Another international history sub-forum - Paradoxplaza

And, of course, how could I forget? The clubs of Dir.bg (including Archaeology, Egyptology, History etc.) - On Bulgarian
Abv.bg History Forum
Modus Vivendi - very interesting

Edited by NikeBG
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 05:25
Now some sites:
Perperikon - a site for the great and ancient rock-city of Perperikon, supposedly the sacred temple of Dionysus (BG and EN, with flash version)
Wonderland Bulgaria with History, Ethnography and Folklore, Cuisine and other information about Bulgaria (BG and EN)
Two online books, including a brief history of Bulgaria (on English)
Bulgaria.com - History of Bulgaria (on English)
The Optimists - A story of the rescue of the Bulgarian Jews from the Holocaust (on English)
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2006 at 18:21
good job nikebg, i read u people's posts at boina slava sometimes :) when i have to show off the greatness off the bulgarian soldier in other forums
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2006 at 03:26
Yeah, there are quite interesting things in there. If I can and have the time, I might place up some of the topics here too.

And here's one somewhat "childly" guide site for the treasures of all the Balkans, and not only golden (or material) treasures btw... (on English and Bulgarian)
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2006 at 19:44
Put a thread up about the front at Doiran during ww1 ..... then those on here that doubt us might learn about the heroism and determination of the bulgarian soldier

Edited by tsar - 15-Jun-2006 at 19:44
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 02:53
Ah, for Doyran I'll definitely not. I'm neither well informed in that topic, nor interested in new history. And especially with all the disputable numbers from Bozhidar Dimitrov... If you want - go ahead! But I prefer to stick with pre-gunpowder times for now.
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 05:15
Ok, here are some books from Kroraina (has a link to English books; otherwise mostly on Bulgarian) and some other sources (mostly on Bulgarian; including the LIBI and GIBI in the "izvori" folder).

Edited by NikeBG - 31-Jul-2006 at 06:47
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 05:14
Btw, if anyone wants also to read some slightly more entertaining history things (on Bulgarian), I've scanned and uploaded two booklets:
Детска Илюстрована История на България, 1995
Владетели на България, 1997
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 07:28
Very good, Nike, i`m impressed, i have the first one. Thumbs Up
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 11:49
Here's one quite interesting site about the Bulgarian history (on Bulgarian). What I liked the most is that there are a lot of pictures, plus the original Bulgar inscriptionsp (with Greek letters).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 20:20
Perfectno !
Nike BG Smile
That's what I've been looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply