Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525354
Author
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist
    Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:26
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I m really tired of this madness!!!
53 pages and 50 other threads to explain the self-evident and obvious!
Freeeeeeeedom!!!
(william Wallace)
TeldeIndus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 07:27

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

The whole debate can be summed up by a parable.

Two kids are in a playground. One kid walks up to the other, and says something he knows will infuriate the other. The second kid as expected gets angry and trys to come up with an equal insult. The first kid, knowing he has the upper hand says "Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me". The second boy thinks for a second, and then says "Well if you insist" he then picks up a stick and gives the first boy a good wallop. The first boy runs off crying to the teacher "He hit me, He hit me", the teacher asks "What did you do to him?", the boy says "nothing, he just likes hitting people". For the rest of lunch the first boy stays near the teacher incase the second boy comes back.

Lol. That's a good analogy.

We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 11:53
Originally posted by TeldeIndus

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

The whole debate can be summed up by a parable.

Two kids are in a playground. One kid walks up to the other, and says something he knows will infuriate the other. The second kid as expected gets angry and trys to come up with an equal insult. The first kid, knowing he has the upper hand says "Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me". The second boy thinks for a second, and then says "Well if you insist" he then picks up a stick and gives the first boy a good wallop. The first boy runs off crying to the teacher "He hit me, He hit me", the teacher asks "What did you do to him?", the boy says "nothing, he just likes hitting people". For the rest of lunch the first boy stays near the teacher incase the second boy comes back.

Lol. That's a good analogy.

It is not: beacuse we are not talking about kids. In our society, verbal injuries may or not be a misdeamanor or even a crime but they are not comparable with physical violence in any case.

Are you saying that you usually behave like little children?

In that case you must grow up.

The case is more:

Olaf - Look this is your dad (caricature)
Ali - Buah!

Ali goes to Olaf's elder brother, Leif, and complains.

Leif says it's not his bussiness

Ali claims that Leif apologizes

Leif sends him away

Ali then goes to his brother Omar and his friends, Ahmed and Hassan, who go to Leif and ask for an apology, bullying Olaf in the way and threatening him with a knife.

Leif and his friends, Henri, Gunther and Flavio, say: "You guys are going to far"

Ali and Omar say that "nobody mocks their father". Leif and his friends say: "nobody threats us with a knife".

And then there are two options:
a - war breaks lose
b - Ali, Omar and co. learn to live with people that don not care about their father's aspect, honor or whatever but do care about knifes.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 525354