Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Pathans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Pathans
    Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 00:54
This thread is mainly for the 'issues' that Afghanan raises. It occurs to me that he has a unique view on the region which deserve there own thread.

The first thing I would like is for Afghanan to tell us how he 'knows' so much about the region.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 01:02

I know because I choose to know.  That is all.  You guys can pose all the questions you like, but if you want answers you are going to have to take off those sugar-coated beliefs that have been told to you by Pakistani history books.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 01:17
Originally posted by Afghanan

I know because I choose to know.  That is all.

Thats not exactly an academic reference. And being cagey about it makes me more suspicous.

First question. If you were born somewhere between Peshawar and Jalalabad, to a well off family who wanted you to have an education. Would you want to go to school in Peshawar or Jalalabad? (assume you choosing the school today)
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 03:42

Dear brother Omar you should have included Pushtoon in the title,keeping in mind Afghanan's sensitivity on this issue.

PS:I like irritating people, am stubborn and an expert at giving unsolicited advise.Kindly let me know if this post is not required.I'll delete it.....but plz include Pushtoon in the title.

Jai Badri Vishal
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 00:01
Good point Jhangora. How do you edit a title?
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 09:55

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Don't know Omar.Send one of the moderators/administrators a PM.

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 16:12

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Dear Omar incase you arn't able to change the title,You may open a new thread.

Jai Badri Vishal
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 18:29
We seem to have scared him off anyway.
AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 10:17

What's up in here?

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 14:24

Ok now lets see what you have got for us (The Pashtuns).
And lets see who is scared.

Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 22:47
Originally posted by AFG-PaShTuN

What's up in here?

A thread waiting for its launch.

Izan zirelako gara...... Izan garelako izango dira....
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 22:13
Originally posted by Gharanai

I will tell you what the pashtuns have got for you. A hand extended out of friendship.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 09:54
Originally posted by malizai_

Originally posted by Gharanai

I will tell you what the pashtuns have got for you. A hand extended out of friendship.

I would like to reply your statement with a quote; "A friend in Need is a friend indeed!", and you have proven it.
I really appreciated it and now lets see when pashtuns get one handed who can confront!!!

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2006 at 02:01
Yes, this thread was for Afghanan, who has some very odd ideas about Pashtuns. While he frequently got into arguements in other places he seems disinclined to post in this thread.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2006 at 20:31

If I want to discuss all three I will create my own topic, and discuss it on my own terms.  If you guys want me to discuss these issues, I will create my own topic.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:13

Your music is very addictive, I was listening to some and have taken a liking to it ....my personal favorite, I cant understand much but it sounds like they're talking about machismo , 'baba lale'...older brother?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwJ8tckl4k&search=pashto %20music

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 17:37

Babo Lale is a folk song.  The singer is Farhad Darya, and the dance the men were doing is called the Attan.  I have made a post about the Afghan dance here:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8892& ;PN=2&TPN=1

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 07:28

Who's 'babo lale' and what is Darya singing about...nice voice for sure?  The dance looks like they're getting ready to fight it would look awesome if those guys had swords! 

I would also like to find out about this one also his style is similar to one 'pathana khan'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLpV-ATl5hA&search=pashto %20music

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 22:33

Well Farhad Darya is singing the song Babo Lale, but he is not the original singer, it's a folk song, and it might have been a poem before that.  I can't recall the original singer of the song. 

Babo is what some people call their loved/adored one, usually its a woman.  Lale or Lala, has more than one meaning, but I think when they say Babu Laleh, they are referring to Laleh, the red flower, or they are attributing beauty to their beloved.

The Attan Dance is an ancient dance of some of the Pashtuns/Afghans of Eastern Afghanistan and Border Regions of what is today Pakistan.  It is the national dance of Afghanistan.

Here is a video of some different kinds of it:

Afghan Attan Medley Video

It consists of:

1. Melli 5 Step Attan
2. Suleimonkhel Attan
3. Paktia Attan
4. Akakhel/Jalalabad/Kochi Attan
5. Khattak Attan

CLICK HERE --> http://media.putfile.com/Afghan-Attan-Medley

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 09:18

The do use swords as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>