Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Disputed Persian/Iranian People and Discoveris (inven. , rel.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disputed Persian/Iranian People and Discoveris (inven. , rel.)
    Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 10:07

Originally posted by ramin

Originally posted by prsn41ife

and one more piece of evidence that the arabs never did much of their own is the fact that none of the major cities were on the arabian peninsula.
well... Mecca is.

no offence to muslims, but mecca had no cultural or economic value and even today it does not.  today mecca is still underdeveloped compared to other saudi cities.  mecca is only important because of its religious significance and only because of that, nothing else.

you people still dont tell me if arabs are responsible for such great thing, then why were none of them in their own territory?

and yes, the arab islamic invasions were a disaster for iran.  by saying that the arab islamic invasions werent a disaster, we would also be saying that the mongol invasions werent a disaster.

the arab invasions were no different than the mongol invasions, just killing, fighting, and destruction.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 10:17
Originally posted by malizai_

If u went down a notch because of islam, how do u imagine u will go up a notch?

I am sorry if i came across as hating persians for i certainly dont. Let me make it clear<< I LOVE PERSIANS, with minor exceptions.I just got a bit sick of some of the winging and blame game.  Look on the positive side, it gave u a chance to get it all of ur chest.

A lot of non-muslim persians are in complete denial over the cultural impact of islam on persian life. I mean what r the ayatullahs about, if not religion. U can not deny that the clergy didnt shape society. Islam plays the dominant role in most moslem countries. For islam is not reduced to a theology, but is a way of life.

As for following the arab prophet( which most iranians have been doing for 1400 yrs) commands his followers: "If u love God and his prophet, then do as god and his prophet command u to". It is even called  Islamic Republic of Iran

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_republic

another thing i hate, people talking about things they dont understand.

facts you need to know before making comments like the above:

1) Iranians were FORCED into islam.  many iranians were killed because they did not convert, many left iran to go to india to save their lives, and the reason we use the arabic script today is because the arabs, during their occupation BANNED the Persian language in an attempt to arabise us! but we survived, we maintained our culture, our language, we kicked the arabs out, the only thing we didnt do was kick islam out, if we had done that we wouldnt be in the situation we are today!

2) the islamic revolution in iran was based on a lie. take it from my parents who lived through it! the mullahs came to power by promisind democracy! they even had a democratic liberal minded person in power named bazargan! after the mullahs had enough control over the military and the country, they purged out all the liberal politicians including Bazargan, which they had previously supported, they purged many mullahs who were against mixing of religion and politics, and then they brought sharia law.  Khomeni was a lier!  Most of the people in iran at the time of the revolution, like my parents, supported the BAZARGAN GOVERNMENT believing that democracy would come but they were lied to!

3) the mullahs are corrupt! they kill, torture, and imprison! they steal money from the country, many of them have become rich since the revolution, and they are using the plain and simple muslims as a support base to stay in power.

4) islamic culture is basically Persian culture and turkish culture.  Islam in iran is iranian, the culture is iranian, even shia'ism was started by Iranians. so the islamic culture in iran has nothing to do with arab and turkish islamic culture, it is PURELY OUR OWN CREATION (the culture i mean).

you dont know anything about Iran. next time dont make comments like the above.

Edited by prsn41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 13:20

Or what?...just chill out, there is no need to get threatening. By the way the continuous moaning about how u were forced into this, hoodwinked into that, is a poor reflection on ur self.

Get over it, talk to someone about it, let it out.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 13:51
Originally posted by Miller

It is even called  Islamic Republic of Iran

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_republic

Most unpopular and rouge governments pick names that has nothing to do with Reality. How about North Korea. It is called The Democratic Republic of Korea. With your reasoning that means North Korea is actually immersed in Democracy and the rule of people

U r indeed right to reason as above. But my point was that the name itself incorporates Islamic, that is how the country is identified. Some forumers believe that by ignoring some aspects of their history they can belong exclusively to the "Persian empire of bygone days".

I do understand the predicament of non-muslim Persians since they can not identify with that history, but they totally ignore the obvious ramifications of an enduring more recent past.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 14:16
Iranians can identify with any part of their long and eventful history, be it islamic or non islamic...  In Iran actually many people who are most proud of their pre Islamic heritage also label themselves as Muslim.
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 17:12

and one more piece of evidence that the arabs never did much of their own is the fact that none of the major cities were on the arabian peninsula.
well... Mecca is.
no offence to muslims, but mecca had no cultural or economic value and even today it does not.
did you forget what you said? You asked for MAJOR cities, not culturally/economically/splendid developed ones. Mecca is the number 1 city for the Muslims followed by Jerusalem. nobody goes to Istanbul or Isfahan for the purpose of religion.

"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 17:24

well... Mecca is.
no offence to muslims, but mecca had no cultural or economic value and even today it does not.
did you forget what you said? You asked for MAJOR cities, not culturally/economically/splendid developed ones. Mecca is the number 1 city for the Muslims followed by Jerusalem. nobody goes to Istanbul or Isfahan for the purpose of religion.

a major city is a city that is economically or culturally important.  religious cities are not important for those reasons. think of it this way, if there was no islam, mecca wouldnt even be on the map, but damascus, isfahan, cairo, etc... would still be on the map.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 17:28

Or what?...just chill out, there is no need to get threatening. By the way the continuous moaning about how u were forced into this, hoodwinked into that, is a poor reflection on ur self.

Get over it, talk to someone about it, let it out.

you are paranoid, there is not threat. i just said dont make stupid comments that you cannot back up with evidence.

and i let everything out, for example i am talking to you about

and you'd be surprised how many iranians have rejected islam since the mullahs took power, like most of my family. 

look at the facts, what has islam brought to iran except suffering?

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 17:29
But there is a Islam  
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 19:44

Originally posted by Zagros

Iranians can identify with any part of their long and eventful history, be it islamic or non islamic...  In Iran actually many people who are most proud of their pre Islamic heritage also label themselves as Muslim.

I was not talking about muslim attitude of pre islamic history, but of non-muslim attitude of post islamic period. I dont by any means say that in absoloute terms, for i dont know how they feel eitherway. May be u can expand on it.

The kind of attitude that i am talking about is embodied in the event of 1971 presepolis prade where The shah had a lapse in history.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 19:53
how many non-muslim iranian do you know?

1971 parade. People were simply blind, just like today. The same people who disapproved the parade today pray for the prince to come back. Their attitude in 1971 was flamed by Khomeini's remarkable speech. Nowaday, you find those people rarely.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 20:29

Ramin, it doesnt bother me if iranians r muslims or non-muslim, but some people develop an amnesia and start ranting on about artificial history, with militant zeal. They join the grand parade of the shah, who i think spent $70 or 170 million dollars on glorification of the past, when that money should have been used for a brighter futre.

Well we all remember what happened to him anyway.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 20:54
the glorification of that celebration was for the people's own sake, the country itself, and the future. but people were so stupid to get motivated by the words of a maniac named Khomeini. Even today they are, in fact people are stupid... wherever they are (Germans following Hitler, Americans supporting Bush and Reigan, Iranians following Mullahs, Balkan wars, etc etc).

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 23:14

@Malizai_, the parade at 1971 wasn't a very important reason for the islamic revolution. There were many reasons.

one of the important reason for the islamic revoution was in my opinion was the Shah's plan to modernizing Iran very fast and at any cost. He has missid to modernize the Iranians effectively, so, Iranians had a modern life but were still conservative and superstitiouse in heart. For example it is clear that a patriarchal society like Iran won't tolerate female police at the crossways. The shah hadn't tried a deep and groundly modernization, but dealt superficially.

Another reson was the Shah himself. He was weak and had a unstable character. And so comes that he wasn't able to choose the right decision as he saw people rised against him.

These was only two reasons of much more reasons for the revolution. The reason why Iranian revolted against Shah is very complex and need to be analyzed. So you can't claime people rised against Shah only becouse of the parade 1971.

Edited by Maziar
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 01:22

They join the grand parade of the shah, who i think spent $70 or 170 million dollars on glorification of the past, when that money should have been used for a brighter futre.

please tell me, do you know how many other countries glorify their past.  COUNTRIES THAT HAVE PASTS, TEND TO GLORIFY THEM, countries that dont... well we all know what they do

and lets weigh the options, secular iran that has respect in the world, or islamic iran with no respect that gets humiliated every day. i think i'll go with the first choice, along with many other iranians who have realised their mistakes during the revolution.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 04:05

When I was on my way to Persepolis a couple of years ago in a taxi, I criticised the event and the driver defended it and the Shah, relatvely the cost was nothing. It was just one ceremony and WHY not? Every other country can have them, why not Iran?  Why should we not celebrate our history, every other nation seems to do it...

This event was used as propaganda against the Shah's regime by the British through their BBC Persian service.  What's the saying in Iran? "Lift up a mullah's beard and you will see the Made in England mark"

Edited by Zagros
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 04:17

Paranoia indeed. (btw, I'm still waiting for your respond here ).

to what?

the insulting posts? go read that thread again from the begining.

Originally posted by azimuth

also the Greek scripts came from the Phonenician scripts.

is this sentense one of those that we put occasionally just to give people the impression that we know something?.

no, its just a peice of information for people like you to learn something.

oh what with the paranoia !! 

anyway about the scripts arab used , there are many and the latest one was developed in the 4th centruey AD, and it came from Aramatic script which came from the Phoenician one .

Please. Please tell us when was it that our lovely linguists found that Aramaic script came from Phoenician? just an approximately date is fine (if exists!) or you could just give us a link (u'll probably find one here)

or maybe you could even tell us when Arabic (as a language) was found..

?

not sure what you are asking, i was talking about the script arab are using now. it came from Aramatic script which came from Phoenician.

want a link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Arabic_alphabet

dont trust wikipedia? then do your own search and tell us the hidden facts.

the Phonenician were Semitic too, so they were  family

do you even know what Semetic means? please don't look it up in google now! (btw, google is here. Ah... what am i thinking? u're using it everytime )

do you know what is the difference between 'language' and 'script' ? You know, I reallly hope you know this one, otherwise...... sorry but then you're in the wrong place!

i do know the difference between the language and the script and dont see why you are asking that?

i didnt say anything that showing that i dont know the difference between the languge and the script.

the phonecian were semitic , they used a script which later was developed to become arabic and greek and many other scripts.

whats so hard to get?

lol

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 05:16

They join the grand parade of the shah, who i think spent $70 or 170 million dollars on glorification of the past, when that money should have been used for a brighter futre.

Have you ever been to Rome? Have you seen the poor side of the city? With the money Italians spent on the winter Olympics they could have feed a lot hungry people and create shelter for many people in their country. You reasoning could apply to many events. Should Americans spend money to send people to space when so many people are suffering .What is your point ?

The kind of attitude that i am talking about is embodied in the event of 1971 presepolis prade where The shah had a lapse in history.

Did you see Greeks glorify the Ottoman occupation of their country in historical parade they had in the opening ceremony of last summer Olympics. Why would you expect Iranians to glorify Arab or Mongol occupation?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 05:34
Originally posted by Miller

They join the grand parade of the shah, who i think spent $70 or 170 million dollars on glorification of the past, when that money should have been used for a brighter futre.

Have you ever been to Rome? Have you seen the poor side of the city? With the money Italians spent on the winter Olympics they could have feed a lot hungry people and create shelter for many people in their country. You reasoning could apply to many events. Should Americans spend money to send people to space when so many people are suffering .What is your point ?

The kind of attitude that i am talking about is embodied in the event of 1971 presepolis prade where The shah had a lapse in history.

Did you see Greeks glorify the Ottoman occupation of their country in historical parade they had in the opening ceremony of last summer Olympics. Why would you expect Iranians to glorify Arab or Mongol occupation?

Good points well made.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2006 at 08:54

Ramin, it doesnt bother me if iranians r muslims or non-muslim, but some people develop an amnesia and start ranting on about artificial history, with militant zeal. They join the grand parade of the shah, who i think spent $70 or 170 million dollars on glorification of the past, when that money should have been used for a brighter futre.

Well we all remember what happened to him anyway.

Malizai,

Everybody knows that the Shah was decadent, but spending money on Cultural Preservation is always important.  You ofcourse are Pakistani, and Pakistan is only a country that is only 50+ years old, and even my grandmother is older than Pakistan.  Just because Pakistan as a nation does not have enough history to speak of does not mean you should ridicule the Cultural bias of other people who realize the potential of their nation. 

I think the more Iranians can culturally identify with their own, and know their history, the better they will be in protecting and preserving their future.

Edited by Afghanan
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>