Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 Things I Like About Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Things I Like About Pakistan
    Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 08:27

1}Indus Valley Civilization

2}Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

My favourite singer.

3}Karachi  Halwa

4}Guns on Rent

Shoot and return.

5}Shared interest for field hockey and cricket

And one Pakistani trait that makes me laugh:

The passion & zeal with which Pakistani's try to prove that they are not Indians.While I was in Univ. in S Korea,about half a dozen Pakistani students were head over heels trying to enamour 3 Bulgarian beauties.

They even brought a projector from their computer lab to the dorm.Guess what they treated the beautiful girls to ...........'INDIAN MOVIES'.

C'mon my Pakistani brothers n sisters.Your nation has more than 8 times the land area of S.Korea & 3 times the human resources.If S Korea can become a Newly Industrialized Country within a generation I'm sure you can do better.

Afterall it was a Pakistani who drafted the economic plan for S.Korea not so long ago.

Edited by Jhangora
Jai Badri Vishal
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 13:25

Jhangora, i admire the fact that you have shown enough respect to show your admiration for a traditional enemy. In responce to Teleindus's thread on his admiration of India.

However will all due respect, did you have to add the following comment:

And one Pakistani trait that makes me laugh:

The passion & zeal with which Pakistani's try to prove that they are not Indians.

This has been in a previous arguament in which has clearly shown how many members feel about this topic, whilst showing evidence to back their belief.

By adding this comment i feel that you have lowered the worth of this topic. I would much appreciate it if you were to delete that comment.

Regards,

OSMANLI

TeldeIndus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 16:24

1) Rich history

TAKHT-I-BAHI - Buddhist past

Hadda, Gandhara - Hellenistic past

Indus Valley

Derawar Fort

Khyber Pass - Gateway for all invaders

2) Natural beauty

Hunza

Terraced Fields of Hunza Valley 15 - Colour Bonanza (Autumn) at Hunza 15 - Colour Bonanza (Autumn) at Hunza Hunza View

The Gilgit Valley
Gilgit Gilgit Serena HotelGilgit Bridge

Kaghan Valley

Kaghan Valley

lake_satpara Shangrilla Resort & Hotels

All natural people, no wonder Bollywood keeps asking for more!

3) Pakistani plurality of faiths 

Faisal mosque - One of the largest in the world

Faisal mosque at night, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Holy Trinity Church (1855) - Oldest and largest church in Sindh

Holy Trinity Church - karachi

Sikh Temple - Gurdwara

IMAGE:Gurduara Sikh Temple

Gymkana Hindu Temple

Hindu Gymkhana - Karachi

4) Pakistani modernization

Downtown KArachi at Dusk

Creek City (under construction) - rendering

KPT Tower (under construction)

setImgWidth();  

5) Plurality of people

Hazara

Hunza

Sindhi

Pathan

Punjabi

Balochi

Kalasha

and many more!

Edited by TeldeIndus
We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 05:06

Bazaars

Markets in which ANY thing you want they are bound to have. They often have technological goods before Europe.

Shah Faisal Masjid (Mosque)

Unique font

(an extract from 'Adam ki Paslee')

Although the Urdu language uses the Arabic script, it has not only added extra letters to be adapt to the Urdu language but also has a unique style in which it is writtain. One can clearly see that it is not Arabic by just looking at the style.

Karachi, Pakistan 

(Habib Bank, the large tower)

Karachi can be located in the Sindh province and used to be the capital of Pakistan.

Badshahi Mosque

K2

PAKiSTAN ZiNDABAD!!!

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 10:22

Karachi IS located in the Sindh Province OSMANLI.

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 10:26

And its the financial capital  of Pakistan.

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 10:33
Originally posted by TeldeIndus

1) Rich history

TAKHT-I-BAHI - Buddhist past

Hadda, Gandhara - Hellenistic past

Indus Valley

Derawar Fort

Khyber Pass - Gateway for all invaders

2) Natural beauty

Hunza

Terraced Fields of Hunza Valley 15 - Colour Bonanza (Autumn) at Hunza 15 - Colour Bonanza (Autumn) at Hunza Hunza View

The Gilgit Valley
Gilgit Gilgit Serena HotelGilgit Bridge

Kaghan Valley

Kaghan Valley

lake_satpara Shangrilla Resort & Hotels

All natural people, no wonder Bollywood keeps asking for more!

3) Pakistani plurality of faiths 

Faisal mosque - One of the largest in the world

Faisal mosque at night, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Holy Trinity Church (1855) - Oldest and largest church in Sindh

Holy Trinity Church - karachi

Sikh Temple - Gurdwara

IMAGE:Gurduara Sikh Temple

Gymkana Hindu Temple

Hindu Gymkhana - Karachi

4) Pakistani modernization

Downtown KArachi at Dusk

Creek City (under construction) - rendering

KPT Tower (under construction)

setImgWidth();  

5) Plurality of people

Hazara

Hunza

Sindhi

Pathan

Punjabi

Balochi

Kalasha

and many more!

Gandhara {Kandhar} is in modern Afghanistan....the pic u've posted for pathan is of a an Afghan woman taken by an Irani photographer working for the National Geographic right now living in France.....Why didn't u post a pic for Mohajirs......n why r all ur modern wonders under construction.......

Jai Badri Vishal
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 12:29
I have got to say, i like the pic of that sindhi man. Really original!
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 05:14

Jhangora i you playing some sort of a joke with me?

I said:

"Karachi can be located in the Sindh province and used to be the capital of Pakistan."

in which you reply:

Karachi IS located in the Sindh Province OSMANLI.

I already said that, or are you simply reminding me incase i forgot?

And its the financial capital  of Pakistan.

Thank you, however i already knew that. But thanks for infoming all the member of AE as well. Be sure to let us know of any new information you find on Karachi. Shukaria

Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 08:40
Originally posted by Jhangora

Gandhara {Kandhar} is in modern Afghanistan

Gandhara has nothing to do with KandAhar Afghanistan, Einstein. Gandhara is comprised of Swat, Chamla, Buner, Bajer, even part of Nuristan, and runs from the Indus Valley to the Kabul Valley. Most of Gandhara is in Pakistan, not Kandahar . The green line in the map below shows the Afghan-Pak border.

Hadda is located on the Pak-Afghan border just within Afghanistan. But Hellenistic influences in archaeological remains can be found everywhere in NW Pakistan.

Here's an Ionic column from the times of the Ionic Greeks in Taxila, NW Pakistan.

Stupas in Sirkap, Taxila show Hellenistic influences.

Many more Hellenistic influences exist in NW Pakistan - all over Pakistan in fact

http://www.silkroadfoundation.org/artl/gandhara.shtml 

....the pic u've posted for pathan is of a an Afghan woman taken by an Irani photographer working for the National Geographic right now living in France.....

And?  I think everyone knows that's Shaba Gul. Her ethnic grouping is Pathan, and what I was showing were the ethnic groups of Pakistan, one of which is the Pathans. There's lots of Pathans in Pakistan that look like that, and many that do not.

Why didn't u post a pic for Mohajirs......

I didnt post a pic for many ethnic groups, as there's too many to mention. Parsees for example or Makranis. But here is a photo of a famous Mohajir (immigrant from India at the time of partition of the subcontinent). Again, your point?  

n why r all ur modern wonders under construction.......

Because Pakistan's economy has only become the second fastest growing in the world in the last couple of years, and so the funds for such projects have only recently been avaliable?  

http://www.embassyofpakistan.com/economy_second_larget_05.ht m 

Edited by TeldeIndus
We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 00:14

Because Pakistan's economy has only become the second fastest growing in the world in the last couple of years, and so the funds for such projects have only recently been avaliable?  

So what were u utilizing the available funds for so far.

Jai Badri Vishal
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 05:46

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 23:15

SOME CLARIFICATIONS

These people are not Pakistanis , but Afghans.

The girl on the left is a picture of an Afghan Pashtun refugee.

The picture on the right is a picture of Hazaras in Kabul.

The Hazaras of Pakistan are made of actually 2 or MORE DIFFERENT people.  The people of Hazara district are descendants of a mix Indo-European-Tibetan people related to Baltis, Pukhtuns, while others are of Mongol descent related to the Mongol Hazaras of Afghanistan.  The Mongol Hazaras of Pakistan were originally from Afghanistan but left because of persecution by Afghan Kings because of their conspiracy with the British.

Nice link about Hazara district and the people within Hazara:

http://www.khyber.org/places/2005/HazaraDistrict.shtml

--

This girl is a Pashtana / Afghan, not a Pathan, her name is Sharbat Gula.   Pathan are Indian-Punjabi raised Afghans who have lived in the subcontinent for generations.  People like Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, and Irfan Pathan.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 02:45
Who are you Afghanan?
Pathans aren't Indian or Punjabi. There Pathans.
What do you mean there not Paki's but Afghans. There are millions of Afghans living in pakistan.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 08:19
Very interesting....should visit your country once....
Never knew Pak was a tourist destination....
and you mentioned Pak is the second fastest growing economy??...Is it true...I have not heard about that one...
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 12:16

Afghan has two meanings today:

1.  Historical/Cultural = Pakhtun/Pashtun.

2.  Modern/Contemporary = Anyone who is a citizen or national of Afghanistan after 1900 which includes Pashtuns, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Turkmens, Hazaras, Nuristanis, Baluchi, etc, within the domain of Afghanistan's current borders.

The pictures TeldeIndus showed were not Pathans, nor were they even Pakistani Pashtuns or Pakistani Hazaras, they were Afghan refugees and  Hazaras of Kabul.

Pathans, as I stated before, are what Punjabis and people of the Indian subcontinent refer to Afghans/Pashtuns, and those who are descendant of them. 

It is very important to note that NO Pashtun or Afghan refers to themselves as a Pathan, nor should they be called that. 

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 16:40
Originally posted by Afghanan

Afghan has two meanings today:

1.  Historical/Cultural = Pakhtun/Pashtun.

2.  Modern/Contemporary = Anyone who is a citizen or national of Afghanistan after 1900 which includes Pashtuns, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Turkmens, Hazaras, Nuristanis, Baluchi, etc, within the domain of Afghanistan's current borders.

The pictures TeldeIndus showed were not Pathans, nor were they even Pakistani Pashtuns or Pakistani Hazaras, they were Afghan refugees and  Hazaras of Kabul.

Pathans, as I stated before, are what Punjabis and people of the Indian subcontinent refer to Afghans/Pashtuns, and those who are descendant of them. 

It is very important to note that NO Pashtun or Afghan refers to themselves as a Pathan, nor should they be called that. 

This is all nonsense. Pathans live in the province called NWFP in Western Pakistan. Punjabis call us Pashtun, Afghan, Pathan. I'm Pashtun/Pathan or whatever, I simply am not a fastidious person and I call myself Pathan sometimes.

The picture was of a Hazara refugee girl from Afghanistan in Pakistan. But there's a lot of Hazaras living in Quetta, and like I said to Jhangora, the picture of Shabat Gul was just a picture of a Pathan/Pashtun etc. There's plenty of people of that appearance in NWFP.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 17:25

The picture of the "hazara refugee girl" is not a Hazara.  You can tell by the way she looks. 

These are pictures of Pakistani Hazaras:

Here is an Hazara Refugee Girl:

The pictures they displayed in this website is not accurate:

http://www.gbgm-umc.org/honduras/photos/Afghan%20Refugees/

They posted this picture which they claimed is Hazara girl:

This girl in fact is not Hazara but from the looks of her collar and dress she is most likely a Pashtun.

Edited by Afghanan
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 18:33

Alright. All I can find is this, and I'm pretty sure he's Pakistani Hazara.

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 03:13

Afghanan, please brother do you have any thing against Pakistan. You have (and this is not the first occation) found faults with Pakistan. This is topic your 5 fave things about Pakistan (not spot the Pashtun/Pathan). You have made your point, and a good one at that.

However i feel that out of 20 postd in this topic, only 3 have addressed the aim of the topic. Thus 3 posts depicting 5 fave things on Pakistan. The vast majorty has been in people on the offensive and defensive. With the exception of Hexed

Please, i would love to hear your contrbution, remember you may not like the Pakistani government but neither do a lot of Pakistani's.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>