Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Is Jihad----According to Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Is Jihad----According to Quran
    Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 04:31

I would like to know  views of members on Jihad.

What is Jihad.Under which circumstances is it obligatory for a Muslim/an Islamic country to declare Jihad.When an Islamic nation declares Jihad on a non-islamic nation is it obligatory for that nation to make a formal proclaimation of Jihad.Is Jihad just war or there are different kinds of Jihad {including peaceful ones}.Who has the authority to declare Jihad and on whom.What is the punishment if it is found out that the reasons for which Jihad was made werent valid ones.

What does the Quran say regarding Jihad.

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 08:52
Jai Badri Vishal
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 10:04
Originally posted by Jhangora

Lol!

I believe the silence over this subject is due to the fact that a lot has already been said about Jihad (probably here and elsewhere.)  You can google it up. If you want an authority's view on the subject, you can check out the IslamOnline website.

I hope this answers some of your questions
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 10:14

ok i will try to answer you briefly.

I would like to know  views of members on Jihad.

What is Jihad.Under which circumstances is it obligatory for a Muslim/an Islamic country to declare Jihad

Obligatory when the nation and its religion is under threat.

for example  if Damascus is under attack by others who want to affect the religion and destory the country its Obegatory for people of Damascus to participate in Jihad not Obligatory for people living in Riyad BUT people of Riyad are obligated to support and help people in Damascus.

the only difference is that people in Riyad dont have to go as a whole army to defend Damascus but sent part of it.

.When an Islamic nation declares Jihad on a non-islamic nation is it obligatory for that nation to make a formal proclaimation of Jihad.Is Jihad just war or there are different kinds of Jihad {including peaceful ones}

AFAIK Not Obligatory but someway or another people will know.

its a war like any other wars except this one's reason is to defend the religion of Islam and the people who belive in it.

and yes there are different types of Jihad for example when a muslim man/woman hold hiself/hersef from commiting a sin its Jihad. 

Who has the authority to declare Jihad and on whom.What is the punishment if it is found out that the reasons for which Jihad was made werent valid ones.

the Ruler of a country/state or nation is the one who has the authority to declare Jihad, on the people the ruler rules.

its a war as i stated and the reasons are clear so there are no punishments for making a war on fase reasons.IF there are any which i dont know like a ruler making a propaganda about other nation attacking us to destroy our religion and ordered people to go to jihad i think this ruler should be killed. but i dont know.

the Quran says that people who makes Jihad by themselvs and their money are rewared heaven.

if you want verses i will look for them .

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 10:57
Masha'Allah, Azimuth had it all covered.

Originally posted by azimuth

.When an Islamic nation declares Jihad on a non-islamic nation is it obligatory for that nation to make a formal proclaimation of Jihad.Is Jihad just war or there are different kinds of Jihad {including peaceful ones}

AFAIK Not Obligatory but someway or another people will know.

It is obligatory for the head of the state (or the Khalifa of Muslims) to formally declare a Jihad (resistance) against aggression.   Like Azimuth has mentioned, the head of the state is the one responsible for taking such a decision. 

Originally posted by azimuth

Who has the authority to declare Jihad and on whom.What is the punishment if it is found out that the reasons for which Jihad was made werent valid ones.

the Ruler of a country/state or nation is the one who has the authority to declare Jihad, on the people the ruler rules.

its a war as i stated and the reasons are clear so there are no punishments for making a war on fase reasons.IF there are any which i dont know like a ruler making a propaganda about other nation attacking us to destroy our religion and ordered people to go to jihad i think this ruler should be killed. but i dont know.

When the declaration is made, it becomes obligatory (fardh kifaya = collective duty) upon all capable males to participate in the defence of their faith and lands.  If the head of the state, however, determines that the manpower is insufficient, it becomes obligatory (fardh 'ayn = indivudual duty) upon all Muslims; male, female, old and young, to participate in the defence.

It is very unlikely that a declaration of struggle (Jihad) could turn out to be baseless.

According to the Qur'anic verse, "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not do aggression, for Allah loves not the aggressors. Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors." [2:190-192]

A declaration is made once a visible threat arises.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 16:52
I thought it literaly meant struggle.
Arrrgh!!"
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 01:47
The only time it is permissable to fight a war is when you are fighting against oppression and persecution.

"For Persecution is worse than Murder" -  Juz 25 or 26 or thereabouts
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 01:56
Originally posted by Cywr

I thought it literaly meant struggle.

Yes, it means that. 
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 02:02
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

The only time it is permissable to fight a war is when you are fighting against oppression and persecution.

"For Persecution is worse than Murder" -  Juz 25 or 26 or thereabouts

The first chapter actually.  Surat al-Baqara [2:191]
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 02:09

Were does suicide bombing tie into here..

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 11:30
Originally posted by strategos

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 00:32
Originally posted by strategos

It doesn't. Suicide is prohibited in Islam.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 03:22

' The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr'       Prophet Muhammed (PBUH).

Jihad is simply a self defence if the islam in dngrerous then the Jihad must declear.

NO need to explain cause Azimuth covered it briefly.

thanks brother.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 03:46
So, why there is no religious declaration from the heads of the state (or the Khalifa of Muslims) against suicide bomber and taker of hostages? And why and with power Osama bin Laden claims Jihad and who are the followers of him? 

Edited by Richard XIII
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 04:03

So, why there is no religious declaration from the heads of the state (or the Khalifa of Muslims) against suicide bomber and taker of hostages?

There is not a Khalifa and, It was declared a lot of time.

And why and with power Osama bin Laden claims Jihad and who are the followers of him? 

You can also claim jihat, but you need some follower like laden  have fanatics.

Suicide is not permitted at islam, but  this is not only one sin of theirs. They even wont respect war laws of islam. Never attack temple of other religious building.(they did this in Turkey), never attack innocents, and civilians.(Of course at wars, some  civilians die, but they deliberately choose civilians as targets.)

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 04:14
Thanks, I can't claim Jihad because I'm not a muslim.

What I don't understand is why there are so many people, young people, following Osama and how they become fanatics, which are the reasons?

Albert Einstein
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 04:25

Thanks, I can't claim Jihad because I'm not a muslim.

You can is it a justified claim or not is another question, but this question is also valid of ladin  too.

What I don't understand is why there are so many people, young people, following Osama and how they become fanatics, which are the reasons?

Israel-Palestine conficts(israil cruelty is not less than ladin, and USA  is supporter of israel), low education, sufference under bad ruling, fanatism.

USA have  only one of these fanatics, and remember what they did in Iraq.(Sure they dont represent USA, but ladin also dont represent muslims)

And there are not so  many young people.number of followers of Usame are not much.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 04:47
Why osama targets civilians? 

Albert Einstein
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 04:59

briefly Osama bin Laden said that the reasons for Islamic Nations such as Palistine misery and weekness are the West and the USA in particular for supporting Israel and interfering with Muslims affairs. so he is saying that since the Western word claiming that they are Democratic then Each civilian of these governments participated in the misery of the Palistinians and other muslims around the world, and hold responsible for the Actions of their governmnets.

from that Osama justify his Civilian targeting.

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 05:54
To convince muslims that something is right or wrong, you have to argue from the Koran or Hadis. Bin Laden therefore must claim that he has these on his side, but anyone who knows about Islam knows that he doesnt.
People who are ignorant about Islam, and share bin Ladens political agenda however, could be easily misled.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>