Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWould US attack Iran?!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would US attack Iran?!!
    Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:33
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Actually the Turks tried this during the World War, when Turkish army reached Baku. Some of the Young Turks wanted to unify the Turkics in one huge Empire. They wanted to use European tactics to divide Iran. But they lost the war, and during the occupation of Turkey, Turkish nationalist resistance came to an agreement with the Soviets and partitioned the Caucasus. They didn't touch the Iranian part because they both needed to move their troops to other fronts, and didn't want to get into any more trouble with the British in the south.

Is this a correct assessment of Iranian power at the time (1914-1918), or is my source missing something?

Don't get me wrong, though, I am not saying anything bad about Iran. To the contrary. This means that Iran was much weaker than Turkey at the time, but today they are about the same. So Iran must have improved faster in the meanwhile.

No, Iran was indeed weak - the corrupt Qajars had allowed Iran to be infiltrated and subverted by the British, it was in the early 1900s that the British love affair with the mullahs began, using them to influence consumption of British imports like sugar.  Iran at that time was a playground for foreign powers and went through a constitutional revolution to boot, it did not pull together till Reza Shah done an Atuturk and eventually failed because of Anglo-Russian interferenace.

OK I found this article for you on Pan-Turanism with regards to Iran and its history, I am sure you will find it interesting, it is written by Dr Kaveh Farrokh, himself an Ossetian with Azari ancestry on his mothers side.  It is written academically and cites valid historical sources for all of its points.

http://www.rozanehmagazine.com/NoveDec05/aazariINDEX.HTML

The Sunni Kurds (who spoke a dialect of Parthian) rebelled against the Safavids were largely massacred and replaced by Afshars in that province.

Similarly, the Ottomans massacred the Turkish Shia and replaced them with the Sunni Kurds along the border.

Well this just spits int he face of idiots who base historical conflicts on ethnicity like Persian vs Turk etc, it was never like that, it was monarchy v monarchy and religious ideology vrs relgious ideology.  This ethnic nationalism crap is a modern invention.

What really pisses me off about the Greywolves and their propagators are the blatant falsifications of history.

Example: Sattar Khan - They say he was an Azari nationalist fighting for independence fromt eh wicked "Persians" - when in actual fact he was fighting for democracy against Qajar Turkmen led monarchists.

Or the one that annoys me the most is Babak Khoramdin being the first Azeri to fight against Persian oppression, when infact he was a Partho-Median who rebelled against the islamic caliphate in an attenmot to restoer Iran's previous religion.

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:34
Originally posted by Zagros

Also do not lump Iran's Azaris witht he so called Azaries of the FSR,  Azaeries are as much part of Iran as anything, the only problem Iran has with them are Turkish and FSR greywolves, if Iran's Azeries, like Turkey's Kurds really wanted to break away, they could easily, how could Iran stop all of the azaries breaking away if they wanted to?  They don't want to because they are a part of it and always have been, there were not even any protests about Iran helping Armenia.

FSR Azerbaijan is not een the real Azerbaijan, the real Azerbaijan is in Iran, the Young Turks, Imperial Russians and Bolsheviks propagated the name change of Arran/Albania to Azerbajan in order to take away Iran's Turkish population by creating the myth of North and South Azarbaijan, they failed miserably.

Historically there is only on Azarbaijan, you will not find any records prior to the 1910s of any Caucasian Azarbaijan.

yeah iran is very democratic country

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:35

No, think about it merced --- 17 million Azaries who are at every level of Iranian society, if they really wanted to, they would break away - BY FORCE. But why would they? Iran is their country too, the Head of State and Armed forces, the guy with final say on everything, Ali Khamene'i is an Azari.

It is the same with Kurds in Turkey, if all of them wanted to break away they could do it easy, but ther eis too much to lose and people just want to get on witht ehir lives, besides their standard of living would dramatically decrease for following the whims of powers alien to the region who just want a rabble of competing ethnocentric states with no real power who can be their economic bitches, that is why Iran and Turkey must form an alliance and brign stability and prosperity, like they almost did with CENTO 40 years ago.

Edited by Zagros
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:42

this is true thinking iran and turkey

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 18:56

No, think about it merced --- 17 million Azaries who are at every level of Iranian society, if they really wanted to, they would break away - BY FORCE. But why would they? Iran is their country too, the Head of State and Armed forces, the guy with final say on everything, Ali Khamene'i is an Azari.

It is the same with Kurds in Turkey, if all of them wanted to break away they could do it easy, but ther eis too much to lose and people just want to get on witht ehir lives, besides their standard of living would dramatically decrease for following the whims of powers alien to the region who just want a rabble of competing ethnocentric states with no real power who can be their economic bitches, that is why Iran and Turkey must form an alliance and brign stability and prosperity, like they almost did with CENTO 40 years ago.

yea agree with this, we should forget that foolish "shia, sunnie" flames/wars that where made in the past, just move on and form an (first) alliance against those imperialists.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 19:03
Or the one that annoys me the most is Babak Khoramdin being the first Azeri to fight against Persian oppression,

Well babak fouht againest Iranian
is it funny joke???

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 19:51

wrong on this point, the turkish kurds want independence, thats why they fought turkey for ten years, and thats why 30,000 kurds died in the fighting.

and the situation of kurds in turky is horrible, their standard of living would acutally increase if they went independent like iraqs kurds.

iranian kurds havent fought iran in a ten year civil war, infact, none of the iranian ethnicities have actually put up any strong form of fighting, so that means that iran is doing something right that turkey and iraq werent doing right.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 20:24
pan-Turanism is a scary thing all right. I wonder how many Turks indulge in it...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 07:59

wrong on this point, the turkish kurds want independence, thats why they fought turkey for ten years, and thats why 30,000 kurds died in the fighting.

So can you tell me why hadep (kurdish ethnic party) only  get 2 million vote, (how many kurd we have, 10.000.000, this kurds have almost 6.000.000 vote, and hadep only get 2.000.000) Remember,  10 million is turkish claim, kurds claim 15-25 million, so how did majority people want independence?)and how come more than one million vote came from turkish majority land?

Hadep  only  get 200.000 vote from istanbul, do you think this 200.000 people want  independence?

I didnt say Iran azeris want independence, infact they dont, but If USA attack iran, azerbeyjan effect over this azeris will increase, also I said azeri nationalism at iran is increased. I dint also say there is an azeri-persian conflict.

by the way, how can USA attack at iran  is harmful for Turkey?

forget the alliance, we have not a peaciful iran, infact iran was  and is playing against  us, she is biggest supporter of russia at Caucasus.

She supported pkk before,(but as you easly can see, our iranian friends dont like grey wolfs) why should we not support azeri nationalist movement?

Our trade with iran is not high.

So I dont know what is bad for Turkey(about this war)? One of  our agressive neighbor will be harmed, and USA(our biggest  ally) will depend on us much, maybe at this turmoil, another one of our ally will enhance her power.(Azerbaijan)

And  most probably,  It would be iran and armenia(an other  anti-turkey country)which pay price in short term, and russia power will decrease at long time.

I dont want USA attack  to iran, but reason is only I wont like iranians (I also call  them as brother) suffer, it have no relation with Turkey interest.

Of course these are only my humble ideas, I may be wrong.

But If turkey wont change her  political stance from Israel-USA center than Russia-Iran center, Iran-USA war wont harm us.

iranian kurds havent fought iran in a ten year civil war, infact, none of the iranian ethnicities have actually put up any strong form of fighting, so that means that iran is doing something right that turkey and iraq werent doing right.

dont you remember killed iranian soldier by PKK? so it looks like iran is also doing same wrong.

Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 22:36
how about tangestan? and their struggle against the British?
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 04:17

Russian MP Says US To Attack Iran Late March

Paul Joseph Watson/Prison Planet.com
February 7 2006

A top Russian parliamentary leader has told Ekho Moskvy radio station that an attack on Iran is inevitable and that it will occur on March 28th. The leader of the Liberal Democrats Vladimir Zhirinovsky also believes that the Muslim riots were orchestrated by the US to garner European backing for the military strike.

Rhetoric has heated significantly in the past week with Donald Rumsfeld yesterday warning that a military option was on the table, echoing the comments of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist who said that the US was prepared to take military action.

Also, Israeli acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stated that Iran would pay "a very heavy price" if the Islamic Republic defiantly resumes full-scale uranium enrichment to build nuclear weapons.

Zhirinovsky told the Russian radio station that, "The war is inevitable because the Americans want this war. Any country claiming a leading position in the world will need to wage wars. Otherwise it will simply not be able to retain its leading position."

"The date for the strike is already known it is the election day in Israel (March 28). It is also known how much that war will cost, said Zhirinovsky.

Commenting on the Muslim riots sweeping the Middle East and Europe, Zhirinovsky (pictured above) said that the publication of the offensive cartoons was a planned psyop on the part of the US and aimed to provoke a row between Europe and the Islamic world.

It will all end with European countries thanking the United States and paying, and giving soldiers, said Zhirinovsky.

The possible inorganic manufactured nature of the riots has to be seriously considered. The three most offensive cartoons that caused the outrage were not even printed in the Danish Jyllands-Posten newspaper but were added in and handed out by Danish imams who circulated the images to brethren in Muslim countries, according to the London Telegraph.

It also appears highly suspicious that Muslims in Gaza City and other places had gained access to a plentiful supply of Danish flags to burn in front of the waiting world media as soon as the controversy broke out.

It now comes to light that Merete Eldrup, managing director of JP/Politikens Hus, the company that published the cartoons, is the wife of Anders Eldrup. Anders Eldrup is a Bilderberg member who has attended the last five Bilderberg meetings. The Bilderberg Group is a shadowy organization that meets once a year to steer global policy. It is now widely acknowledged that Bilderberg set the date for the March 2003 invasion of Iraq.

The violent demonstrations, on the back of last November's French riots, are clearly having the effect of hardening European sympathy towards Muslims, even as the governments of major European countries open the floodgates to mass immigration. This greases the skids for an accelerated invasion of Iran who yesterday announced they were cutting trade with Denmark over the offensive cartoons.

Director of the Russian Political Research Institute Sergei Markov previously warned that Israel was likely to conduct air strikes against Iran in the spring.

The window of opportunity seems to be forming for the US and Israel. The White House meeting memo proves that UN consultations and possible sanctions are mere window dressing for a plan of action that has already been decided upon. What remains to be seen is if the US or Israel will attempt to manufacture a staged war provocation to goad the Iranians into signing their own death warrant. The memo, released by QC Philippe Sands, contained details of a discussion between Tony Blair and George Bush where a plan to paint a US spy plane in UN colors and fly it low over Iraq in the hope that Saddam would order it shot down was debated.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 05:22
Originally posted by Aydin

even as the governments of major European countries open the floodgates to mass immigration.

Is this new? Europe is opening its gates further?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 05:30
Originally posted by Mortaza

So can you tell me why hadep (kurdish ethnic party) only  get 2 million vote, (how many kurd we have, 10.000.000, this kurds have almost 6.000.000 vote, and hadep only get 2.000.000) Remember,  10 million is turkish claim, kurds claim 15-25 million, so how did majority people want independence?)and how come more than one million vote came from turkish majority land?

Hadep  only  get 200.000 vote from istanbul, do you think this 200.000 people want  independence?

I didnt say Iran azeris want independence, infact they dont, but If USA attack iran, azerbeyjan effect over this azeris will increase, also I said azeri nationalism at iran is increased. I dint also say there is an azeri-persian conflict.

by the way, how can USA attack at iran  is harmful for Turkey?

forget the alliance, we have not a peaciful iran, infact iran was  and is playing against  us, she is biggest supporter of russia at Caucasus.

She supported pkk before,(but as you easly can see, our iranian friends dont like grey wolfs) why should we not support azeri nationalist movement?

Our trade with iran is not high.

So I dont know what is bad for Turkey(about this war)? One of  our agressive neighbor will be harmed, and USA(our biggest  ally) will depend on us much, maybe at this turmoil, another one of our ally will enhance her power.(Azerbaijan)

And  most probably,  It would be iran and armenia(an other  anti-turkey country)which pay price in short term, and russia power will decrease at long time.

I dont want USA attack  to iran, but reason is only I wont like iranians (I also call  them as brother) suffer, it have no relation with Turkey interest.

Of course these are only my humble ideas, I may be wrong.

But If turkey wont change her  political stance from Israel-USA center than Russia-Iran center, Iran-USA war wont harm us.

dont you remember killed iranian soldier by PKK? so it looks like iran is also doing same wrong.

PKK (Pezhak) attacks Iran too, what are you talking about Mortaza?  Iran has never supporrted PKK.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 05:31
Well, we shall see what happens in March.  I have a feeling this is all down to the Euro Boarse exchange that we read about.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 05:46

"iranian kurds havent fought iran in a ten year civil war, infact, none of the iranian ethnicities have actually put up any strong form of fighting, so that means that iran is doing something right that turkey and iraq werent doing right."

Kurds have tried to get free from Iran many many times. Last time in the revolution and in 1946 we had the Mahabad republic...

So we have tried many times, and we will in the future too.

You remember last summer? The riots? Kurds will not give up.

Like Zagors said: "History favors the brave"

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 06:04

hopefully Iran can get its nukes before the vahshi americans can even try invading.

and Cent, "mahabad" was created by USSR. no glory in that. and in reality though, it never became an actual republic. it was crushed before it legally became a republic inside its own territory.

and can you please tell me when kurds "have tried to get free from Iran"? even the so called "separatists" never ever called for separation in 1979 or after.

kurds, as you say, can riot and pick up guns all they want. the only thing they will achieve is their own misery. like how pkk created for Kurds in Turkey. all because of its backward ways. how many wars and deaths do you people have to go through until you realize marxism is no good.

though they (pkk and their cronies) make good tools for the west.

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 06:24

"and can you please tell me when kurds "have tried to get free from Iran"?"

Doesn't the Mahabad republic indicate our desire for freedom?

"how many wars and deaths do you people have to go through until you realize marxism is no good."

I don't think your talking about Kurds here.... You just keep talking about Marxism...

I and the majority of the Kurds want self independence. Not to be controled by others... And on our own demands.  Why wouldnt a people of 30 million, not to controll their destinies?

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 06:25

And why do you smile? Is it funny that we are under occupation?

That we as Kurds must read and learn other languages than our own? How would you feel about that? YOU CAN'T!

Edited by Cent
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 06:49

Cent, aren't you the same guy who said Kurds are different from Iranians without ever proving it?

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2006 at 07:26

Do you need me too prove that?

Kurds and Persians are related in culture, history and language. But so are Danish and Swedes, still they have their own independent countries. Why can't we have that?

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>