Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWould US attack Iran?!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would US attack Iran?!!
    Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:02

In fact, if push came to shove, Iran could be eliminated in the course of an afternoon by nuclear weapons.  Do you challenge this statement?

Even though I agree that the Yankees have the capability to do this and some are morally wretched enough to nuke Iran for little reason, I believe not even the current rulers are stupid enough to do that, so I challenge your statement. This is nothing but an arrogant redneck wanking fantasy.

Iranians are smarter than you. They know what they are doing. Their aim is to develop nuclear deterrent capability. They have no interest in acting aggressively. They'll call your bluff, and you'll just have to watch it.

Everyone knows that as soon as you drop a nuke anywhere near an Iranian city, you will face condemnation from everyone from the Europeans to Russia to China. Not to mention South America and the Islamic world. And then we'll see how long you'll last with your petrol prices up at 1000% and 1000 of your dollars worth 1 euro...

Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:19

Iranians are smarter than you. They know what they are doing. Their aim is to develop nuclear deterrent capability. They have no interest in acting aggressively. They'll call your bluff, and you'll just have to watch it.

The Iranian leadership isn't smarter. It's foolish to think that. You don't call for a country to wiped off of the map, and then expect them to let you develop nukes. Not to metnion Iran is ran by some of the worst religious fanatics in the world. Iran has given israel a valid reason to strike.

Nuclear weapons give a nation the capability of forcing influence over a region. No county that is ran by delusional religious exrremists should ever be allowed to assert itself. Iran's mullahs encourage suicide bombing. They guarantee Martyrdom to those who kill themselves for their country and religion. And we want them to have nukes?!?!?!!?

Edited by Illuminati
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:38
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

TeleIndus:

Sorry that you took offense.  I am afraid I don't agree, but I'll let you and Paul fight it out.

The Pakistani Nationalist Militia will be arriving on your doorstep shortly to educate you on the Indian-Jewish global conspiracy theory. 

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:38
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

In fact, if push came to shove, Iran could be eliminated in the course of an afternoon by nuclear weapons.  Do you challenge this statement?

Even though I agree that the Yankees have the capability to do this and some are morally wretched enough to nuke Iran for little reason, I believe not even the current rulers are stupid enough to do that, so I challenge your statement. This is nothing but an arrogant redneck wanking fantasy.

Everyone knows that as soon as you drop a nuke anywhere near an Iranian city, you will face condemnation from everyone from the Europeans to Russia to China. Not to mention South America and the Islamic world. And then we'll see how long you'll last with your petrol prices up at 1000% and 1000 of your dollars worth 1 euro...

"...an arrogant redneck wanking fantasy."     I am overcome by such a wealth of meaning.

Bey, it constantly amazes me how you always seem to know exactly what will happen.  Lucky you.

Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:40
Originally posted by Paul

TeleIndus:

Sorry that you took offense.  I am afraid I don't agree, but I'll let you and Paul fight it out.

The Pakistani Nationalist Militia will be arriving on your doorstep shortly to educate you on the Indian-Jewish global conspiracy theory. 

Oh, hell, I read all about that in middle school.    Is there something new???

Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:44
yes, the jews are also in control of the UN

Hell, I think the most interetsing part of this whole Iranian nuclear issue is that the US and France are on the same side. But thats all apart of the Jewish conspiracy.
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:49

Originally posted by Illuminati

yes, the jews are also in control of the UN

Hell, I think the most interetsing part of this whole Iranian nuclear issue is that the US and France are on the same side. But thats all apart of the Jewish conspiracy.

I guess the French feel if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

As long as the worldwide Jewish conspiracy includes good corned beef and pastrami, I am a supporter.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 17:53

Bey, it constantly amazes me how you always seem to know exactly what will happen.  Lucky you.

No, don't believe me. Keep believing your government. Your masters know the best. They were right about Iraq. They are right about Iran...

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 18:09

As long as the worldwide Jewish conspiracy includes good corned beef and pastrami, I am a supporter.

I think it's been a bit of let down so far, I'm still waiting for them to deploy the falafel sellers on street corners.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 18:10
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

No, don't believe me. Keep believing your government. Your masters know the best. They were right about Iraq. They are right about Iran...

I rarely believe much any government has to say.  It is an assessment of strategic imperatives that I am interested in.  I may be entirely wrong about it.  And, in another post on this subject, I did indicate it was not desireable.  I certainly hope the nukes don't fly. 

Edited by pikeshot1600
TeldeIndus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 18:31

TeleIndus:

It's not that. I'm just blunt with idiot writing.

We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 03:28
Its been a day and i fell like i missed out.

So far Genghis has made sense to me, how to go about handling Iran. Contain, subvert and let them destroy themselves. Directly attacking Iran would be the most irrational option on the table.

On the subject of intelligance, i think alot of westerners completely underestimate their '3rd world' opponets, this colonialist throw back to me, is one of their greatest modern weakness.

The iranians have thought this out very well, they have China on the security council, the ability to (atleast temporarily) close the striaghts of homuz and have factored in any 'shock and awe' the US will most likely resort to. It will also, be wishful thinking that there wont be a high cost / big pay back to even just airstrikes. Afghanistan, Iraq, lebanon and the whole Gulf would be anywhere between unstable to burnt.

Illuminati wrote:
"The Iranian leadership isn't smarter. It's foolish to think that"
Its foolish to judge a country on one of its leaders, you dont know the personal capabilities of the rank and file that will defend Iran?

I think right now, Iran is more in control of the sitution and has the initiative. I agree with Beylerbeyi, and they will call the bluff.

The real question; is this becuase Iran's leadership is intelligent or the USA leadership just lacks intelligence? Its all relative
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 04:05

As far as Pakistan, so what?  Pakistan has never been that solid a friend of the U.S. (after all, Al Quaida squats in the Pakistani mountains which the government obviously cannot control...some sovereign power.)  Pakistan is already legally an "Islamic" state.

Pakistan is weak militarily, is far too primitive and has too many unsolved and most likely unsolvable problems to be concerned about it.

Strategically, Pakistan has already been marginalized by the U.S.- Indian defense agreements of 2005.

Yeah we are real weak. Fought India to a standstill 3 times, defeated the Soviets in Afghanistan, decleared nuclear power, have the longest range cruise missiles (nuclear capabile) in the region, more men under arms than the american army could dream about, the most fiercely independent tribes in the world and a population so large we don't know what it is. Were primitive too, being the only country that can make nukes on 240V power.
Oh, and nobody can control 'the mountains'. NWFP and Balchuistan are always independent. Alexander the Great couldn't conqure them. You should be pleased that they support pakistan.

As for Iran, America really doesn't have any power to threaten Iran at the moment. America cannot beat a country that hated a dictatorial government. What chance do they have against a young democratic government?
Why do you even want to attack Iran? What threat is Iran to america? Have you ever considered that not everyone wants an american democracy, and if you did manage to install one in Iran it wouldn't be supported. Iranis have wanted a theocracy since, at least, Safavid times. Thats before america even existed. Now they've finally got one. So let them have it.

(as conspiracys go, the Indian-Israeli one is a good one)
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 04:14
Lets just remember one thing about US military power. After nearly 3 years of war, America cannot control the highway between the Baghdad Airport and the Green Zone.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 00:33
If for some reason Iran is attacked , the whole middle east will explode. How about this? 10,000,000 Iranians, Kurds, and Azeris are going to rush Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey. All three governments will collapse, Georgia will collapse, the US will be busy with Iran and Iraq, and Russia will fill one large, large power vacuum.

The only people who can get rid of the mullahs are the Iranians themselves, I believe 
The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 07:58

Originally posted by mamikon

If for some reason Iran is attacked , the whole middle east will explode. How about this? 10,000,000 Iranians, Kurds, and Azeris are going to rush Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey. All three governments will collapse, Georgia will collapse, the US will be busy with Iran and Iraq, and Russia will fill one large, large power vacuum.

Sorry but what middle east??Iraq is going nowhere since the U.S. is already there, Afghanistan also.  Iranians will be defending their homelands if U.S. attacks so they won't be invading as well, even if they try to, Turkey will be able to stop them.  That leaves the Arabs, and they are not much of a problem for israel.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 08:16
i believe part of iran's battle strategy if attacked, is to raise hell int he caucasus among US friendly states, should they in any way support aggression against Iran.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 08:25
if a war does take place.  Iran will fragment...there are 17 million azeries living there. They will try to suceed....This probably would start a war with Armenia (since most of them will flee to the region occupied by Karabakh, since its closer) Not too mention  thousands of Iranians who might  flee to Armenia(the most Iran-friendly state in the region) .  The kurds would get a chance to join those in Iraq and Turkey.  A possibility of a Kurdish republic will be high...but this is only if the US stages a very fast invasion. Maybe the US does not have the capability to invade all of Iran by ground troops (Well it does, but too many US soldiers will die, and the public will be against that) but it can still take out most of Iran's military camps. No?

And there goes the Iranian-Armenian oil pipeline

Seriously...no one is going to be happy in that region...except maybe Israel. If it joins the attack, there will never an Iranian-Israeli alliance

Russia will get a boost in its influence in the region also...and burst in economy lol no more Iranian oil/weapon trade.

No offense to Turks. But if there if there were a war between Turkey and Iran without foreign intervention, Iran would probably win. Turkey cant contain both, the Kurds and Iran

Edited by mamikon
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 08:59

No offense to Turks. But if there if there were a war between Turkey and Iran without foreign intervention, Iran would probably win. Turkey cant contain both, the Kurds and Iran

Most probably it would be again iran who fight against kurd and turks, like old times.  You are giving to much credit to pkk. (Remember kurdish people would prefer turkey  to iran)

Also kurdish refugees will prefer to flee Iraq, not Turkey. Also Turkey is changing his politic more pro-kurdish.

I dont think Turkey will realy get much harm from USA attack to  iran. (Maybe mullah should think increase trade with Turkey) Infact most probably iran war will increase trade with iran.(Like happened at iraq war)

But agree it would be russia who will enhance it power in short time, but in long time, she will lost his biggest ally  and  ROA will be much worse situation.

Azerbaijan(So Turkey) will increase its effect over iranian azeris. In long run, It wont be much worse for Turkey, of  course, If israel have not an agresive campaign at Iran.

war will benefit Russia(short), Azerbaijan and  Turkey(long), maybe would help kurdish people(maybe not). Iranians and armenians will pay price.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 09:27
hmmm...I am not that much knowledable of a kurdish-Iranian conflict. 

I do not see the basis of Kurds supporting Turks. And actually Kurds are much more friendlier to Armenians than to Turks. The Kurds living in Karabakh voted in favor of joining Karabakh to Armenia, instead of Azerbiajna, where they were persecuted.

Russia doesnt have short term benefits...if its in, its in for the next 50 years

Kurds will not pass the opportunity to make their own country, after all, they have been dying for that for the past 80 years...

I agree that Armenia will price no matter what happens if Iran is attacked. Since as of now Iran is one the most reliable trading partner of Armenia. Plus Armenia gets funding for making Energy windmills...anyway, I hope Iran doesnt get attacked

Unless Russia builds 5 more military bases and donates (ahem) some more of those S300 rockets, lol

Edited by mamikon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>