Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which language do you think sounds the be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which language do you think sounds the be
    Posted: 23-Oct-2004 at 00:59

Topic: Which language do you think sounds the best?

Easy answer - the one spoken by whoever is in bed next to me.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 00:55

Best: French or any romance languages.

Worst: Chinese, Vietnamese and arabic.  

Slickmeister View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Slickmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2004 at 14:53

Best- Russian, Irish Gaelic, and Turkish

Worst-Pig Latin

Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 16:43

Best- Spanish, Greek, Italian,

WOrst- TUrkish, Arabic, Assyrian (aramic)

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 23:36
EH...you seem to have this thing with muslims...

Best:  Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Mongol, Kazakh and or any turkish language, German, and hehe how could I forget...ebonics.....

Worst:  eh...don't have one...
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 16:22
assyrian isn't a islamic language, it resembles jewish to me though...

Edited by Christscrusader
-Jc
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 16:23
i like vagabonds answer tho
-Jc
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 20:59
Originally posted by Christscrusader

Eh... Your right...but you seem to be spouting a bit of anger towards that general region..ie Midlle east...
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 21:35

Just because I don't think arabic n turkish are good sounding languages? That is my opinion just like yours is

Best:  Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Mongol, Kazakh and or any turkish language, German, and hehe how could I forget...ebonics.....

Worst:  eh...don't have one...

-Jc
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 20:21
What exactly is an 'Islamic language'?
Arrrgh!!"
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 20:28
This guys accusing me of being anti-islam and i was pointing out that Assyrians are not muslims
-Jc
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 21:47
Originally posted by Christscrusader

This guys accusing me of being anti-islam and i was pointing out that Assyrians are not muslims

Eh...I guess I jumped the gun there...but your other posts in other forums seemed to me to point in that direction...meh maybe I'm wrong...only you know eh......In the case that I am wrong and I offended you...then I appologize...

NE ways...while we're on the toppic of Assyrians I got a question...How do we know what their language sounded like?  Didn't their nation die out a long time ago?  Like Uber long time ago?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 22:49
Assyrians still exist as both an Ethnic minority within Iraq and other countries in the region (as well as migrant communities eslewhere, especialy in the US), and as a Branch/sect of Christianity.
Arrrgh!!"
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 23:03
Ask Assyrianman, he has alot to say about them. Check out his posting at The Truth about Islam , and its ok, I guess you can get the wrong view from my name. But, i do have strong opinions and i like to hear what others have to say about them(although it angers me at times..)

Edited by Christscrusader
-Jc
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:16
Originally posted by Cywr

Assyrians still exist as both an Ethnic minority within Iraq and other
countries in the region (as well as migrant communities eslewhere,
especialy in the US), and as a Branch/sect of Christianity.

Yup, we have quite a bunch of them here. Know a few of them, friendly fellas. Completely crazy on the football stadium though, and now when their team (Assyriska) got a place in the highest league they'll get plenty of publicity, me thinks.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 14:08

Didn't their nation die out a long time ago?  Like Uber long time ago?

Didn't Israel die out like an Uber long time ago?

Actually Assyria died out around the 600's bc, to be taken over by the persians.

What exactly is an 'Islamic language'?

I would guess Arabic or Farsi, although I honestly couldn't tell the difference between arabic and hebrew.

Actually from what I understand assyrians speak aramaean which many jews spoke in palestine.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 15:28
I would guess Arabic or Farsi, although I honestly couldn't tell the difference between arabic and hebrew.

They are languages spoken by muslims, but are also spoken by Christians and other religions too.
Arabic is easily the most important language for Islam, on account of the Koran being first written in that language, it is also a script that spread into other languages via Islam. Kind of like Latin to Catholocism and what not.
Arrrgh!!"
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 19:20

yes, but when really how many Christians speak arabic? the difference about Latin and Catholocism is that Latin is a dieing language, as Arabic is still spreading.

-Jc
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 19:37

Latin has evolved into many languages such as French and Portuguese if I am correct. 

Grrr..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 07:20
Indeed all Romance languages are derived from (vulgar) Latin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>