Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which language do you think sounds the be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which language do you think sounds the be
    Posted: 06-May-2005 at 06:20
!kung
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 12:12

The best: Karadeniz Turkish ,Arabic '(when hoca reading soeras out Kuran), Farsi/Persian, Amerigo-indian language  

Worst: Hebrew, Greek => sounds worse and Dutch bcuz its tough to learn vree moeilijk

OUT OF LIMIT
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 13:51

Karadeniz Turkish

those that the laz speak?

French

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 15:41

I like the sounding of anatolian Turkish (any dialect exept maybe that of the Laz)Other than my own language my order would be:

1. Persian
  2. Kyrghiz
  3. English
  4. Mongolian
  5. Italian

The ones which dont sound quite nice to my ear are:

1. French
  2. Russian
  3. Japanese

no offence

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 02:53
I like Salish Indian- it is different!! I think in another life I was an indian-

I took another trip back in time in my way back machine and snapped another pic of me in a past life-

_______
Know Pizza and know peace
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 05:32
Originally posted by aknc

Karadeniz Turkish

Is this means friendly turkish??

French and of course Bulgarian

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 07:10
Originally posted by tzar

Originally posted by aknc

Karadeniz Turkish

Is this means friendly turkish??

French and of course Bulgarian

No. Karadeniz= Kara+Deniz (Tenghiz in old Turkish) means Black Sea. So it is the Turkish dialect that is spoken in the southeastern coasts of Black sea by Lazic people. Because they didnt have some specific Turkish sounds in their past language before, they have a very interesting dialect which is like a Turkish that is spoken like Lazish. But I dont like it much. I prefer Lazish rather than this mixed up dialect.

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 07:55
damn, then how was friend. I remember something like karadash or arkadash or something near them
Everybody listen only this which understands.
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 08:31

Italian sounds the best to me...

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:09

Originally posted by tzar

damn, then how was friend. I remember something like karadash or arkadash or something near them

You are right arkada (or arkadash) means friend.

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 13:35
yeah,french is too ghghghghg,kinda like snorting(no offense)italian is better
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 21:36
english and northern albanian hah
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 14:05

which language sounds better?

Since i never leave my country... and not so many people i know out of malaysia... I just can rely on one major source.. 'broadcasting channel'

well of course.. drama and movies from other countries...

Here is my choice...

*Arab - it's sound like a sophisticated lang... ahahha... but a little harsh..

*Spanish - I just love 'Mis Tres Hermanas'

*Urdu / Hindi

*Persian - It sounds lovely to me...

......... well... that's it....

arigato...

Pharoah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pharoah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 18:32
definitely French is the nicest language to hear.
Mother of the whole world is Egypt
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 20:21

To be honest I think French sounds best, whatever you think of the French their speech still sounds very elegant.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 20:42
It probably depends on which accent of French. Nothing against the Canadians, of course, but Quebec French sounds harsher than those from France.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 20:47

How rude of me to make a criticism and not produce my own language preference. Now I'm open for a beating.

Here it is in no particular preferential order:

-French

-British and Scottish English (Cockney too sometimes)

-Istanbulite Efendi Turkish

-Italian

-Japanese

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 20:55

I love English, yes I am totally biased but what the hell, aside from English I like Italian and Japanese, one thing I find amazing about most foreign languages is how they are spoken so fast, there doesnt sound like theres a gap between words in some languages. Just sounds like one massive word  however of course im going to say that.

It's just baffling, in English unless somebody is a right motormouth and its impossible to hear properly then you can recognise when one word ends and begins, the reason ive never been good with some foreign languages is to me anyway they seem to be spoken incredibly fast compared to my native language.

Italian and Japanese though are just lovely sounding languages.

Edited by Heraclius
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2005 at 21:09
Oh yeah! The worst thing for a novice is to hear your selected language of choice from some hyperactive locals.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2005 at 07:54

i reckon persian is a very nice language. here is why--

Countless amounts of dialects, some sound harsher more like turkish to non speakers, while some dialects are oft and melodious sounding like an european language to non speakers. I personallu like the accent of farsi spoken in Tehran,, it is so soft, and i love the way the drag the words in the end for example-

If i was to say 'yes im good thankyou' in my accent it would souns like this

: BAHLE HUBEM TASIKUR.

but in the tehrani accent it is softer and melodious to hear ans ounds like this

: BAAHLEE KHUBAM MERCIII, or KHUBAM KHAILI MAMNOON

*btw i wrote it how it is said.

Here is a little saying i remember my cousin always singing to me im not sure if i saying it 100% right but here goes -

DOKHTARA SHIR AN MESLE SHAMSHIR AN,,,, PESARA MOOSH AN MESLE KHARGOOSH AN.

and it is said like this

THOGHTARA SHEER AN MESLE SHEEMSHEER AN,,, PESARHA MUSH AN MESLE GHARGHUSH AN.

we dont use the guttural sounds of arabic in farsi, and the cool thing about it is that unlike arabic or turkish (i think ) or many other languages , it can be spoken to sound like asiatic language (ie., turkish), it can be spoken in russian, east european accent, and also in west european,, romance accents. I have actually seen some1 speak farsi in an italian accent and it was unbelievable how italianoid it sounded and it was preety cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>