Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closeda-level coursework

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wars of the roses View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: a-level coursework
    Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 17:42

My college has just said we have to write about 3,000 words on a subject of our choice that we have not studied before.

I want to do the wars of the roses, the only problem is I have never studied it before and I cannot think of a good question to do. I have tried to do some research but my teacher wants us to decide real quick. Could anyone help me please

Thanks

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2005 at 17:57
you could go with something more general like what were the remafications for England resulting from the war  or what social and economic conditions did it create or you could go to something more specific like Who killed the princes in the tower. Its a wide subject with lots of possiblities and lots of reaserch material out there.
tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2005 at 09:52
Originally posted by wars of the roses

My college has just said we have to write about 3,000 words on a subject of our choice that we have not studied before.

I want to do the wars of the roses, the only problem is I have never studied it before and I cannot think of a good question to do. I have tried to do some research but my teacher wants us to decide real quick. Could anyone help me please

Thanks

The key to this sort of essay is to pick something you are interested in (or have a couple of books on at home or in a library).  Then use a generic high level question or theme (3000 words won't allow much detail).

For WoR, something like "The role of the Kingmaker",  "The role of Calais",  etc..
rgds.

Tom..
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 03:19
Eh, seems a bit odd that you aer expected to decide out of the blue, and quickly too. For IB you are given plenty of time to come up with an idea, and are encouraged to consider many possibilities and discuss them with the relevant teachers before deciding.
Either way make sure you already have some knowledge about whatever it is before you decide on it.

Arrrgh!!"
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 07:58
ib= international baclureate?
people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Cywr View Drop Down
King