Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq war illegal, says Annan!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq war illegal, says Annan!
    Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 15:41

I've always hated Kofi Annan for being a puppet of the people who hate my country and are jealous of our power.  I hope he dies and rots in hell.

Member of IAEA
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 18:03

Hey Genghis,

Hate, yes.  Jealous, perhaps.  Most of all, it's disgust: most people are sick of our hypocrisy.

Peace,

Michael

9-29-2004

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 20:26
Annan and Bush are both useles spuppets dancing at the strings , strings held by very very evil men.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 20:29

hey Tobodai,

One would think that Bush is also a puppeteer, not a puppet, but may be you're right.  A friend has suggested that Cheney is the real bad guy.  Honestly it doesn't matter.  I can't believe how so many of my fellow Americans can continue to enthusiastically support Bush.

Peace,

Michael

9-29-2004

Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2004 at 17:52
It makes sense though, it is human nature to not want a chaperone, especially if you are the strongest nation in the world at the moment.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 12:39
How about Karl Rove?

We can sit here and point fingers forever...
-William Shakespeare
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 16:24
no, Cheney is the evil lizardlike dark gothic warlord who strokes barrels of oil while muttering "my precious"
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Evildoer View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Evildoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2004 at 19:19

No, he is an oil-drunkard.

Lol Genghis, Coffee is an American puppet. The only reason he said War against Iraq is illegal is that it was all too obvious.

Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 17:09

As I said earlier, I think, Kofi needs to stay on the US's good side.  If US gets mad, leaves the UN, or starts vetoeing everything, the whole thing would crash on its foundations.

-William Shakespeare
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 17:34

What a masquerade. First of All, no WMD's has been found.

Now this:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/200410 04/pl_nm/iraq_usa_rumsfeld_dc

Reuters
Rumsfeld: No 'Hard Evidence' of Iraq-Al Qaeda Link

25 minutes ago
Add to My Yahoo!  Politics - Reuters

By Will Dunham

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said on Monday he knew of no "strong, hard evidence" linking Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s Iraq (news - web sites) and al Qaeda, despite describing extensive contacts between the two before the Iraq invasion.

Photo
AP Photo

Reuters Photo Photo
Reuters Photo
Slideshow Slideshow: Iraq

Special Coverages
Latest headlines:
Car Bombs Kill 24, Wound Over 100 in Iraq
AP - 6 minutes ago
The Latest Developments in Iraq
AP - 17 minutes ago
Rumsfeld: No 'Hard Evidence' of Iraq-Al Qaeda Link
Reuters - 25 minutes ago
Special Coverage

Rumsfeld, during a question-and-answer session before the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, was asked to explain the connection between Saddam and Osama bin Laden (news - web sites)'s al Qaeda network, blamed for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on America.

"I have seen the answer to that question migrate in the intelligence community over a period of a year in the most amazing way. Second, there are differences in the intelligence community as to what the relationship was," Rumsfeld said.

"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two," Rumsfeld added.

"I just read an intelligence report recently about one person who's connected to al Qaeda who was in and out of Iraq. And it is the most tortured description of why he might have had a relationship and why he might not have had a relationship. It may have been something that was not representative of a hard linkage."

U.S.-led forces invaded Iraq in March 2003 and toppled Saddam and his government in a war whose main justification offered by the United States was the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. No such weapons have been discovered.

But the relationship between Saddam's government and al Qaeda also figured in the U.S. case for war.

A small Pentagon (news - web sites) intelligence-analysis office found what it considered evidence of Iraq-al Qaeda ties. Rumsfeld was one of the Bush administration officials publicly describing this link. On Sept. 26, 2002, Rumsfeld told reporters at the Pentagon of evidence of contacts and cooperation.

'CREDIBLE INFORMATION'

"We have what we consider to be very reliable reporting of senior level contacts going back a decade, and of possible chemical and biological agent training. And when I say contacts, I mean between Iraq and al Qaeda," Rumsfeld said at the time.

"We have what we believe to be credible information that Iraq and al Qaeda have discussed safe-haven opportunities in Iraq, reciprocal nonaggression discussions. We have what we consider to be credible evidence that al Qaeda leaders have sought contacts in Iraq who could help them acquire ... weapons of mass destruction capabilities," Rumsfeld added at the time.

The bipartisan 9/11 commission that studied the 2001 attacks concluded this July there was no evidence of a "collaborative operational relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda or an Iraqi role in attacking the United States.

During a question-and-answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations on Monday, Rumsfeld also was asked what was the "number-one reason for the war."

Rumsfeld said President Bush (news - web sites) made the judgment that Saddam "ran a vicious regime that had used weapons of mass destruction on its own people, as well as its neighbors, and that it was important to set that right by removing that regime before they, in fact, did gather weapons of mass destruction, either themselves or transferring them to terrorist networks."

Before the war, U.S. officials spoke of Iraq already possessing weapons of mass destruction, not a potential for gathering them.

"It turns out that we have not found weapons of mass destruction," Rumsfeld said.

"And why the intelligence proved wrong, I'm not in a position to say. I simply don't know. But the world is a lot better off with Saddam Hussein in jail than they were with him in power," Rumsfeld added.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2004 at 17:42
Kofi is highly ineffective, and frankly, i get the impression the US prefers it that way.

Arrrgh!!"
Shifty Russian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shifty Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2004 at 21:03

People these day have become so politically (in)correct - that people's moral's and memory seems to be rather selective.

Iraq is better off now, than it was before - your average shmo, will ask me - if rubbled buildings and chaos - makes iraq better. To which, if i wasn't so nice - i would reply...

they are idiots, and that any country that has mass murders removed - and taking the hard steps towards democracy and freedom is better off. (i think maybe it didnt have to be so costly - get me to budget the next war)

Many people these days also seem to forget -people used to go to war, always. And is sometimes that has to occur. Not always, but it has to be there. Another thing that irritates, is that people are more concerned of the well being of convicted criminals then they are of soldiers - fighting for what they take for granted. Esp. org like red cross and amnesty.

I'm Shifty Russian, Suka
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12