Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repairing the damage done by Russians against Turks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repairing the damage done by Russians against Turks?
    Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:20
What has to be done do repair the damange caused by Russian against Turks especialy the peoples living today in Russia like tatars and bashkirs?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:22
Do you mean from the Imperial age?
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:26
Originally posted by Zagros

Yeah that when it really started getting worse
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:32
Can you explain the damage with a chronologic list of events?
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:34

Originally posted by Abakan

Originally posted by Zagros

Yeah that when it really started getting worse

I take it you mean from the 1850s and 60s.

First, several of the Turkic republics are now not ruled by Russia.  However,  Russia will never be very far away.

Second, those with oil and gas  can use these resources for their own benefit...selling and transporting.

Third, I think all the communists are calling themselves something else.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:35

Well, is it only turks who suffered? Or you mean almost everybody, including Russians themselves.

What can be done? I will wait for the list of damages you have before we know what can be repair, and what is just a history.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:35
I was more thinking of the language damage such as promoting Russian over minority languges and changing alfabets wich happand during the 1920ths.
Unfortuntley i dont have a cronlogicallist (please dont bash me for this).
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 15:58
Well unfortunately this sort of thing has happened in every country where minority languages are not the official languages.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 16:04

Since the demise of the Soviet Union many Turk Republics were faced with a language issue. Some have made it a quest to come up with a written language that differentiates thier new identity from the Soviet style Cyrillic.

Azerbaijan - In 1991 Aliyez influenced the parliament to decree the Latin style alphabet. In 2000 the campaign picked up steam.

Kazakistan - 1997 the official state language changed from Russian to Kazak.

Turkmenistan - Since 1989 Agzibirlik movement (Unity in Voice) began. Soon the old communist party was renaned the Democratic party. Turkmenbashy was the head. Turkmen became the state language.

Chinese Uyghurs - China phased out the Arabic script in 1962 in favor of latin. In 1980 it went back to Arabic. In the 1950's the Chinese gov. called the Uyghurs 'American paper tigers'. In the 1960's they were called 'agents of Soviet Hegemonists'. In the 1980's 'splittists'. And since September 11, they were known as 'terrorists'.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2005 at 16:05
There really isn't much to do about it. It has already happened and the only thing to do is to set up some scientific organizations for restoring the ancestral culture (language, writing) and get on with your lives. Russia will never apologize for anything it has done, so, nothing to wait from there. They will always remain the nation "who brought culture to the retarded border areas, which have always been Russian native lands."
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 12:53
Yes the Russians will never apologize but fortuntley the birth rates of turks are higher then Russians.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2005 at 09:48

What has to be done do repair the damange caused by Russian against Turks especialy the peoples living today in Russia like tatars and bashkirs?
Some of these damages cant be repaired like splitting very old tribes and let assymilating them in other groops. Language damage is a tough one but i hope it get repaired. Historical damage i may think it is the most that has been done, destroying historical monuments, buildings or renaming historical places + moving the local people and settling them somewhere in siberia.

also the testing of some bombs they where made on those people...

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 10:16

The damage done by Russian is enormous and in some instance it may be qualified as ethnic cleansing.

The plight of the Crimena tatars is particulars shocking, once a thriving community the numbers of tatars have been decreasing steadily.

In 1783, Russian forces occupied the Crimea, officially ending the rule of the Khanate. Under oppressive Tsarist policy, the Crimean Tatars began leaving their homeland.

With the 1944 deportation of the entire Crimean Tatar population by Stalin, it seemed that the Tatar presence in the Crimea was completely eliminated. 

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 12:41

Yes the Russians will never apologize but fortuntley the birth rates of turks are higher then Russians.
"Fortunately"?I see racist comment here.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 14:30

Originally posted by Spartakus

I don't think it's a racist comment.It's a fact that Russian population is declining.

Jai Badri Vishal
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 14:57

If we should replyed to all racistic comments in here...
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 18:01

The fact that sb says  "fortunately" Russian birth rate is declining,it's racist.He did not mentioned simply a declining birth rate,but also the word "fortunately".So it is fortunate that another nation is declining,and your ass is covered by your high birth rate?What are Russian people?Sons of Seitan?It's way too stupid remark,if we can even consider it such.

--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 18:51

First, Spartakus i cant believe my eyes man, tell me its a lie that you cover Turks in here

Second that kid Abakan doesnt check this forum for a week, so he's a "forum nomad" as ulrich had mentioned and it isnt nessesarry to "discuss" with him with that.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 19:01

It's not my job to "cover" people of whatever origin they wish to be.It isn't even funny.Even if he is a forum nomad,his remark is in a newly-replied topic.

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 03:07

The fact that sb says  "fortunately" Russian birth rate is declining,it's racist.He did not mentioned simply a declining birth rate,but also the word "fortunately".So it is fortunate that another nation is declining,and your ass is covered by your high birth rate?What are Russian people?Sons of Seitan?It's way too stupid remark,if we can even consider it such.

It was sarcasm.You may also indulge in it.

Jai Badri Vishal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>