Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chronology of Central Asian History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chronology of Central Asian History
    Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 17:45

no both of them are crazy....they are dictators...if they see sum1's business is doin good...they quickly arrest him n put him behind bars....coz of that soo many companies have left turkmenistsan..and today i read on bbc...opposition party leader was arrested in uzbekistan .

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 19:06
Didn't Turkmenbachi create a HUGE gold statue of himself? That is just wrong.
bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote bang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 08:12

Originally posted by Zagros

when you go to ashgabat...u see nothin but his pictures...statues..n blabla...he is mad!

Anbalan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Anbalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 08:42

Originally posted by Zagros

I don't think it is wrong. Why not?  If I were him, I would definetely do it.

Originally posted by bang

when you go to ashgabat...u see nothin but his pictures...statues..n blabla...he is mad!

I think people are "mad" and nothing wrong with him! I was born in Nebit Dag and I have seen a part of his cult. Some people love him. My father, for example, thinks it was nothing wrong to Stalin, people loved him. He thinks Stalin was a great ruler, as he fought corruption, enemies and provided strong order and rose economics. However my father has no respect for present rulers of Russia.

Edited by Anbalan
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 12:17

Oh, Zagros, you see Emam Khomeyni and Emam Khamene'i everywhere in Iran too...

I know he's like a dictator, I agree. But he's done a lot of things in Turkmenistan. We had nothing before 1991; still we lack many things. But, Sapar Myrat Niyazov, as I myself think, has brought many improvements here. Others may think in another way. Take care...

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Rakhsh View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Rakhsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 18:22
Stalin was a ruthless killer and the president of TurkemanStan is just as bed, ohh Khomeni well he was a cruel ruthless leader and killer too. Do you know how many people died because of him or how many he ordered their deaths? Or how he tried to destroy Iranian Culture?
Never under estimate the predictablity of stupidity! - Bullet Tooth Tony
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2005 at 10:27

You might be right Rakhsh; thanks for your comment. But, why don't we let time to clarify everything? Take care and take it easy.

Kind regards,

Iltirish

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2005 at 03:39

There are sources that say the Cimmerians are the same as the Sumerians and that they were originally from the area near the Black Sea. Does anyone have more details on this?

Thanks

Edited by Hamizao
tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tadamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2005 at 07:52
Originally posted by Hamizao

There are sources that say the Cimmerians are the same as the Sumerians and that they were originally from the area near the Black Sea. Does anyone have more details on this?

Thanks

I think you are referring to suggestions that the Cimmerians were possibly related to the very similar, but slightly later, Skythians.  And they may well have rulled parts of the Black Sea coast (as per Heroditas) though Assyrian records suggest Azerbaijan as their home..

There are a few,  shall we say unconventional, types who insiste that the Cimmerians were also Summerians (and Sumarians and Khemet).
rgds.

Tom..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 00:14

Originally posted by tadamson

I think you are referring to suggestions that the Cimmerians were possibly related to the very similar, but slightly later, Skythians.  And they may well have rulled parts of the Black Sea coast (as per Heroditas) though Assyrian records suggest Azerbaijan as their home..

There are a few,  shall we say unconventional, types who insiste that the Cimmerians were also Summerians (and Sumarians and Khemet).

As I recall it appears to be a theory that says that the Sumerians were not originally from Sumer. Through their early writings (not cuneiform, by the way) there appears to be similarities with those discovered in the Black Sea area and a few more other areas which could suggest migration possibly after the last ice age. It further says that this theory would indeed upturn all our earlier beliefs about Mesopotamia and that the Great Flood as told in the Genesis and in the Epic of Gilgamesh is actually around the Black Sea.

I am not sure whether this theory has been rejected or otherwise.

Thanks, tadamson.

Edited by Hamizao
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 17:54
The Mongol Hordes occupied Russia for about 262 years. Amazing
هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Akskl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Akskl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2005 at 14:34
They were not Khalkha-Mongols, or something like Kalmucks or Burjats. They were Turkic-speaking nomads similar to Kazakhs, Noghays and steppe Crimean Tartars.
Toba were Turkic speaking rulers of China. Read Rene Grousset "mpire of the Steppes".
The time table says much about the "China conquests", whereas the Northern China itself was during most of its long history ruled by nomadic conquerors from the North.

Edited by Akskl
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 08:46
Originally posted by kotumeyil

744/45
The Uighurs defeat the Turks in Mongolia and establish the Uighur Empire.

Uighur and Turk is the same thing,
Did you mean GokTurk empire?

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 10:07
I didn't mean anything. I quoted the indicated site.
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 10:17
Originally posted by kotumeyil

I didn't mean anything. I quoted the indicated site.

ok

Your_Overlord View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Your_Overlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 15:33
Originally posted by blitz

Originally posted by Chingis

1921 Outer mongolia declared independence from China

Was it not 1911? And was it not Manju-Qing Dynasty? China is the wrong term in this case.  

Wrong, China is the correct term.  Pretty much all Manchu descendents are part of today's Chinese population.  The term "China" and "Chinese" was created during the Qing dynasty with approval of the administration.  "CHina" is a term designated for a nation state that does not have any ethnic restrictions. 

Edited by Your_Overlord
"All under heaven is one family"
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 16:09
Turkmenbashis statue revolves so his outstretched arms greet the rising and setting sun LOL.  Got that from Rise of the Turkic World by Hugh Pope.

Turkish representatives had to persuade this ...lunatic?... not to choose Ataturkmen after Ataturk - so he settled with Turkmenbashi.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 17:53
Originally posted by gok_toruk

and thats why we hate them

your justifing one dictator by comparing them to other dictators? it doesnt make sense.

well, the mullahs did a lot of good things for iran also, but at the end of the day they are dictators, killers, selfish, and corrupt.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 18:27
Originally posted by gok_toruk

I know he's like a dictator, I agree. But he's done a lot of things in Turkmenistan. We had nothing before 1991; still we lack many things. But, Sapar Myrat Niyazov, as I myself think, has brought many improvements here. Others may think in another way. Take care...

Khoemeini is idolised by fanatic followers of his extreme Shie doctrine, Turkmenbashi building that statue of himself suggests he is somewhat of a megalomanic.  If people erected the statue after, that is something else

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 02:30
Well, one thing I'll say for all these things is that YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN TURKMENISTAN to see what he's done. I'm not justifying him... everybody's got both good & Bad sides; the thing is that you've got to be totally useful for the systematic process. He's been, we belive, quite useful so far. Thanks for all your comments anyhow. Take care...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>