Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Holy Month of Ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Holy Month of Ramadan
    Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 03:27

Mubarak Aleekum Shahar Ramadan Al Fatheel

( Happy holy month of Ramadan to you all)

first day of Ramadan is expected to be tomorrow or the day after.

i like this month, i call it the Habit and routine breaking month, everything changes for one month and goes back to normal after it.

for example in UAE,

all TV channels has prepared new programs only for this month, the normal programs are stopped and resumed after ramadan.

of course many people fast in this month so you dont see people eating in the daytime for the one month, also NO smoking and No drinking.

that will change the eating diet, and the largest meal of the day will be at the time of sunset, lots of different types of meals and lots of sweets lol.

all resturants are closed in the day time, the once which are open are open for take away. NO eat in. that just as a respect to the people who are fasting.

for people who pray the prayer time extends at night and after midnight, so the sound of the prayers from the Minarats are heard even at 2 am.

so basicly every routine changes and yea the working hours are reduced and the rest hours are extended.

there are lots of stories are connected with Ramadan and later here i will post its history and stuff about it.

Edited by azimuth
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 13:16

Hope all concerned have a successfull and inspirational Ramadan!

I'll help you start it up Azimuth.

2:185 "Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation."

The third "pillar" or religious obligation of Islam (submission in English), fasting has many special benefits. Among these, the most important is that it is a means of learning self-control. Due to the lack of preoccupation with the satisfaction of bodily appetites during the daylight hours of fasting, a measure of ascendancy is given to one's spiritual nature, which becomes a means of coming closer to God. Ramadan is also a time of intensive worship, reading of the Quran, giving charity, purifying one's behavior, and doing good deeds. For Muslims (Submitters), Ramadan is  an opportunity to gain by giving up, to prosper by going without and to grow stronger by enduring weakness.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 13:22
All the best to those taking part.
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 16:31
elhamduliallah

ps. my mom makes some very good baklava during ramadan.
Saka View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Saka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 17:12

It will remains more foods for the others

Thanks

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 19:41

Happy Ramadan all, Tuesday will be the first day of Ramadan.

A question to all Muslims here (I might open a thread for this if enough people are interested), how do you sight the moon at your place? some countries depends on actual astronomical sightning, others by traditionl eye sightining, others with calculation, others just wait to see what is going around them .

Anyhow, interesting, a lot of countries reported sighting the new moon of Ramadan. However, astronomics claim it is almost impossible to sight it on Monday night.

"The Astronomical New Moon is on Monday October 3, 2005 at 10:28 Universal Time. Looking at the visibilty curve one can understand that the moon is in the Southern Hemisphere. The moon is about 15 hours old and being too low on the horizon for North America will set in 14 min. after sunset on west coast. It cannot be seen in North America nor anywhere East of USA October 3. On October 4, it will be visible in most of the world except most of Asia and Europe, where it will be 24 to 31 hours old and less than 2 degrees above the horizon, still not visible. In Europe and most of Asia, it cannot be seen until October 5, when it will be 48 to 55 hours old. Accordingly, the first day of Ramadan will be on Wednesday, October 5, 2005 for North America and most of the world, except most of Asia and Europe"

The shadowed yellow area is where the crescent can be sighted on Monday night.

Vis.Curve

Source: http://www.moonsighting.com/

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 19:49

so what did the Saudis decide? Tuesday or Wednsday?

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 20:34

Ramadan Mubarak to all Muslims on this forum.  We're starting our fast tomorrow.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 20:52

lol thank you all for the wishes and  Ramadan Mubarak to all again,

i just confirmed that ramadan started Today Tuesday 4th of Oct.

people keep saying tomorrow  and they mean Tuesday while Tuesday is Today for me coz iam in Australia

anyway it is 11:40 am here and i didnt eat anything so now its confirmed i'll continue my fasting.

also thank you seko for the information and i'll post some soon.

well about Ramadan greetings.

we in UAE and most of the Arabian peninsula when Ramadan comes we greet each other by saying "Mubarak aleekum alshahar"

egyptians say "Ramadan Kareem"

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 21:53

Azimuth, it is Tuesday in Saudi Arabia

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 22:06

Originally posted by azimuth

( Happy holy month of Ramadan to you all)

Azimuth!

Ramazan-I Sherif cmle islam alemine mbarek olsun.

Happy holy month of Ramadan to islamic world.

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 08:51
Ramazan Serif Mubarek Olsun!

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2005 at 11:22

Ramadan mubarek to all muslims.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 05:01

Blessed Ramadan for all of you..

Ramadhan Kareem

Ramazan serif mubarek olsun

Ramazanin mbarek olsun

Selamat bouasa

Edited by 1001nights
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 05:07

By the way, I started today, that's Wednesday! But most of the people here are starting on Thursday

Originally posted by ill_teknique

elhamduliallah

ps. my mom makes some very good baklava during ramadan.

Selam jarane... I have tried home-made Bosnian Baklava... it is soo yammy

Edited by 1001nights
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 05:23

my iftar was pizza

but my sahoor was meat & rice

D.J. Kaufman
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 06:42

lol

we just  had Iftar, thanx to my room mate who did all the cooking and the fruit cocktail drinks

1001night so the rumors are true? there are some people who are starting ramadan in Thursday?!

thats two days difference from the rest of countries!

ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 00:22
Originally posted by azimuth

lol

we just  had Iftar, thanx to my room mate who did all the cooking and the fruit cocktail drinks

1001night so the rumors are true? there are some people who are starting ramadan in Thursday?!

thats two days difference from the rest of countries!

thats funny.

here all bosnians and most arabs started on tuesday.

most desi's started on wednesday.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 00:27

i think they MUST make a system for observation that when the moon was sighted anywhere it must be reported to Saudi Arabia who will Announce the begining of Ramadan and all Muslim countries to follow.

the current system isn't working well specialy to muslims living in a non islamic country who are confused which to follow Saudi Arabia or countries of their orgin!!

they should make a united system for Ramdan moon sighting.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2005 at 00:38

Yup. If they place observation points with committees that involves most of the Islamic countries, and these observation points should be scattered. If it observed the cresent in Indonesia, then it is Ramadan to all the Muslim world, if the crescent was born on Africa, some observation point should report it and again, all the Muslim world will adopt the next day as Ramadan.

The concept that each region sees his moon does not work with communication. We had that for a reason, as it was hard to tell the birth of the moon to all regions of the Muslim empire with the old communication methods.

D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>