Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who are the origional inhabitents of Takl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who are the origional inhabitents of Takl
    Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 10:04
According to Stuart Legg, the inhabitants of the Takla Makan desert in and around the 3'rd century B.C. were the Hiung-nu (Northern Horse Barbarians). To the east of them were the Tung-hu (Eastern Horse Barbarians). To the west beyond the Altai existed other horse tribesman. To the far north along the fringe between the steppe and taiga were forerunners of the Turkish and Mongolian peoples. Dwellers in the most northern forest areas were the Tungus. The peoples of the south stemmed from movements of Iranian and Indoeuropean peoples. Most likely the Yue-chi and Wusun.

Edited by Seko
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 09:53
I'm interested but I am clueless as well as you.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 06:23

I have been thinking about the issue that who might be the origion of the Taklemakan Desert, or the whole Central Asian steppe?

The origion of the Central Asian people is from two different roots. One is origion inhabitents of this area, and then the other one must be the Turks.  I maybe wrong. When we talk about the history of central Asia, we usually like to talk about the move of Uyghurs from mongolian steppe. Most historians who studies the Uyghurs, usually like to begin their history from the Mongolian Steppe. Why not we talk about the origion people of Taklemakan?

Who knows about the history of  Central Asia BC?

If there are somebody who is interested in this topic, please, post your thoughts.

Post Reply Post Reply