Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [18.52%]
7 [25.93%]
10 [37.04%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?
    Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 05:13

Umayyads were great rulers too, but Ali was better than Moawiyah I think.

Infact it was Umayyads who turned Arabic state into a real empire but again they failed so quickly. Ill fated campaings against Franks, Romans, Khazars and Turgish weakend their positions in Khurasan especially. But again, anykind of Empire will at the end have ill fated campaigns. It will not harm the statesmenship of the first Umayyad Emperors.

Ali would be better as a Caliph instead of Moaviyah because, you know sons of Ebu Suyfan were not really muslims, drinking alcohol, etc...

We are discussing religious matters so Ali over any of them.

Umar Ibn Hattab, Moawiyah, Haccac were great statesman, but I do not think they were great religious leaders.

Since I see both Sunnites and Shiites like Ali; However, Shiites dislike Umar.

But, yes Ali would make a great leader too, since he would have good lieutenats around him.

oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 20:05

HZ Omer for me, The prophit(sav) had told HZOmer that whilst ur alive there will be no fitnah in this world and it was true.

During Hz Omers reign the governer of the egyptian province came to Hz Omer onli to see him crawling around and playing with his children or grandchildren. the man couldt believe and said i wud never do sumfin like dat, if my children offered to play with me i wud smack them. in hearing this Hz Omer got up and teard his governing authority of egypt sayin "a man that cant show love to his children can never show love to the people and so cannot be governing"

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123