Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just who are the Arabs...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just who are the Arabs...
    Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 15:46
In this discussion, we will be discussing the contraversial topic of race and culture , as well as Nationality within the Arab World, and By no means do intend any offense towards my fellow arab and or muslim.

Who is an arab?

There is a Simple anwser, an Arab is any one who claims to be arab, Or whos Nation with the exception of somalia is in the arab league.

What is an arab really?

An Arab is a decendant of those peoples who inhabited the Arabian Peninsula, and have been sometimes erroniously refered to as Semetic.

What race are arabs?

Arabs racially would be categorized as a racial admixture of Caucasian and Negroid, as the Arabs origin is from the red sea area of africa.

Are you saying arabs are Black?

No , Arabs are neither black nor white  there has been so much mixing over  the millenia  it is impossible  to sepparate.

What is the Arabs History?

The Ancient arabs  left the  red sea of africa and settled Yemens Lush Valleys, This is why many Arabs call Yemen their motherland, as it is the common denomimator between us all.

As Competition for space and water took place for the valley's of Yemen, the Arab Cast himself out into the desert and Fought with his fellow arab, Many of the ancient nomads of the middle east were arab, and were either forced, or left yemen searching for better places.

Just who are these people you are talking about?

Ad  (biblical city of the plain)
Thamud  (biblical cities of the plain)
Efalaq
Adnan
Qahtan
Qahtaban
Midinites
Edomites
Palmyran
Syriac
Assyriac
Akkadian
Chaldean
Dedan
Amorites

Himyarite (yemen)
Shaban (yemen)
Sheba (yemen)

What is a Pure Arab?

A pure arab does not exist however, In arabic it refers to the Qahtani, who represent the truest arab culture, they are the arabs of the gulf, where as Hijazi,Syrian and Maghrebi arabs represent Arabized arabs known as Adanians.

Are Arabs semetic?

No, This term was coined by protestant evangelists in the 1870s, and later addopted by ashkenazi jews in europe, It is an attempt to link all of the people of the middle east to a common ancestor, The Correct name of the "semites" should be Himyarite, as this is the most common link between Arab and Jew.

The Arab of yesterday and of today is one part Himyarite and One Part Hamitic.

What is an Assyrian?, I know one who gets highly offended at being refered to as an Arab.

Assyrians are a Proud lot, they are directly related and due to ignoble archeologist attempts to divide them, They should correctly be called Syriac Arabs, The Syriac Arab is.

The
assyrians
Chaldeans
syriacs
Hijazi

The Arabic script of today is from the Naubtanean script, Many Syriacs claim them but ironicly the naubtaneans much like the kings of old syria came from an arab root.

What is a Phoenician?

Phoenicians are nOT arabs, they are invaders from a greek isle that pillaged ancient egypt and enslaved the local syriac peoples.
Phoenicians and peoples derived from the phoenicians are

Phoenician,Carthaginian,Cannanite,Philistine.

What is the difference between the Aramaneans and Armenians?
Aramaneans are Arabs of Syria, the Armenians are a Aryan people who have allways been the best of merchants and best of friends with the Arabs, History has misrecorded their name, because of a Greek error they assumed that the cloth merchants of Aram were the same as the local people, the correct name of Armenians is Hayq.

Why dont you use the word semetic?

Because no people in history have ever recorded themselves or been recorded by others as Semetic, untill the zionist congresses in europe in the 1800s

Isnt arabic indo european?

No

Arabic along with hebrew belongs to the afro-asiatic lingustical branch

other afro asiatic languages are
Dogmatic
Coptic
amizegh
ambric
tigare

I know a Palestinian or Lebanese Or Syrian with Blue eyes and blond hair, He seems to take offense to your racial cattegorization of the arab.

These are not arab features, he is probably a Circaucassian a person whos ancestors came from Chechnya/Dagestan and were soldiers in the middle east under the Turks, These people Like Armenians are found in arabia and are generaly welcomed and appreciated.

Edited by Al Bedawi
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:53

ok i think some of the info there are not correct

give us some sources so i'll check

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 10:23
Completly agree with you Azimuth, If the Arab Hamitic what about sumerian ,Akkadian,Assyrian and Chaldean they Hamitic too please explain you confused me

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 15:41
Sumerian wasnt Hamitic, neither Arabic. arabic is Semitic. Northern African languages (Berber, original Egyptian etc.) were Hamitic. Sumerian belongs to none of those, its origins arent clear, but it is sure that it isnt any related with the other language groups of Middle East.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 03:01
 Arab are semetic  what you are talking about you are completly wrong all these nation you mentioned it are semetic.
Khalid Bin Walid
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 07:30
Who are arabs? My lovely neighbours out here
OUT OF LIMIT
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 08:16

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Sumerian wasnt Hamitic, neither Arabic. arabic is Semitic. Northern African languages (Berber, original Egyptian etc.) were Hamitic. Sumerian belongs to none of those, its origins arent clear, but it is sure that it isnt any related with the other language groups of Middle East.

Or anywhere else.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 13:30

Arab are semetic  what you are talking about you are completly wrong all these nation you mentioned it are semetic.

Arabs are Semitic. The rest, Hamitic. Sumerian, none. I am right.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 14:00
Arab, together with other languages (Hebrew, Phoenician, Aramaic, Akkadian...) forms the Semitic sub-family. Ancient Egyptian, Amharic (and other Etiopian tongues), Somali, Berber languages... form the so called Hamitic sub-family. Both are related in a linguistic family called Afro-Asian.

Sumerian is not linked with these (one theory connects it with the so called Austric super-family of tongues, spread through S. Asia basically, but this is so far speculative).

Myself, I'm interested in knowing how was Arabia before Islam. What those people belived in, which were their customs, their tribes or states, their way of living. Can anyone tell me?

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 21:19
Dear Brother Azmith and Ahmed, Give me a few days I am searching my collection of books for a verse by a Roman who conqured Phoenicia where he talks about the "ungartic" speakers who colonized syria whos origin was a Greek isle.

As for the Ajam.

Akkadians are Qahtani derived.

Babylonians are from Dil.mun/Tilmun which is either Bahrein or Irans Kish Island and are NON semetic. they are either ProtoIranic Or are the People the aryans pushed out of the Iranian Plateau when they came from central asia.

I did not mention summeria as semetic as the greek name for this land was mesopotamia which in greek meant it was mixed.

Elam is claimed by both arab and iranian
Assyria by arabs and native assyrians
chaldea By assyrian,By arab and by jew

I have an excellent weblink to many of the names of cities in the middle east corresponding to yemeni/himyarite valley civilizations/tribes.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 02:32

Then who are the real semitic as I know Arabs,Jews, Assyrians,Sumerian,

Aramics are semitic.

All Africa nations are hamitic.

Khalid Bin Walid
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 03:52

Dear Brother Ahmed.

Let us discuss this term semetic.

Did Abraha (Ibrahim) pbuh call himself semetic?

Did our forefathers call themselves semetic?

Did our enemies call us semetic?

The anwser is no.

Who calls us semetic?

European Colonialists who With Turkic Jews conspired to remove us from the pages of history.

I challenge the christians of the forum.

Why does the Latin Vulgate and Orthodox Bible say Arab or Dedan while the king james version says nomad or wilderness?

Arabs are derived from Hamitic people and so called semetics who lived in Yemen and Migrated North.

Other Arabs like myself are from Ismail/Ischmael and Esau/Syria who was a Chaldean and egyptian Mix.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 04:12

MODS TAKE NOTE FIREFOX USERS CANT CLICK AND PASTE.

http://www.yemeninfo.gov.ye/ENGLISH/CULTURE/cities.htm

(yemeni root for all arabs)

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 05:37

Dear brother Albedwi

I know yemen is the root of all Arab but Abraham(pbuh) was not Arabian and his son Ismaail lived with the arabic tribe in najjed then he claimed as arabic man the father of all Arab there is not important if Ibrahim called himself semitic may be  there are some people a mix between semitic and hamitic,But the question is who are the real semitic?

Khalid Bin Walid
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 11:04
The terms Semitic and Hamitic are only linguistical and like all, a little capricious. Both groups are related and modernly grouped in the Afroasian family of tongues.

Sumerians spoke a non-Semitic language, that is not related with Arab, Hebrew and the other languages of the group. Sumerians were eventually semitized by Akkadians, Assyrians and Chaldeans (normally asociated with Arameans).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 21:32
If Arabs are not Semitic, and Jews are, what exactly is the relationship between them? 
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2005 at 22:07
Originally posted by Afghanan

If Arabs are not Semitic, and Jews are, what exactly is the relationship between them? 

Both are Semitic, at least from the linguistic point of view. Hebrews seem to have migarted into Palestine (then called Canaan) c. 1300 BCE associated with the Aramaic migration into other lands of the Fertile Crescent. They all come from the same origin (normally thought somewhere in Arabia), again from a linguistic viewpoint (they can have mixed once and again during their migrations). Canaanites themselves also spoke a Semitic tongue (a descendant of which is Phoenician) but they seem to have reached the area much earlier probably simultaneously with Akkadian migrations of c. 3900 BCE.

Hope this helps.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 22:56

Originally posted by Al Bedawi

I did not mention summeria as semetic as the greek name for this land was mesopotamia which in greek meant it was mixed.

Didn't it have the meaning of "the bank of two rivers" in Greek? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 23:01

Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Afghanan

Both are Semitic, at least from the linguistic point of view. Hebrews seem to have migarted into Palestine (then called Canaan) c. 1300 BCE associated with the Aramaic migration into other lands of the Fertile Crescent. They all come from the same origin (normally thought somewhere in Arabia), again from a linguistic viewpoint (they can have mixed once and again during their migrations). Canaanites themselves also spoke a Semitic tongue (a descendant of which is Phoenician) but they seem to have reached the area much earlier probably simultaneously with Akkadian migrations of c. 3900 BCE.

Hope this helps.

So the saying that goes that Arabs and Jews are "Cousins" is correct?  Or just linguistically correct?

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 23:16
Originally posted by barbar

Originally posted by Al Bedawi

Didn't it have the meaning of "the bank of two rivers" in Greek? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mesopotamia: meso (in the middle, in between) potamos (river): land between rivers.

Sumer was only in southern Mesopotamia, more or less what is now majoritarily Shiite Iraq. The term Mesopotamia is geographical, Sumer is a national name instead.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>