Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkoman In Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkoman In Iraq
    Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 00:00

In Hewlir (Irbil) there are some schools that Turkmen language is compulsory along with kurdish, and Turkmen front protest it because they want Anatolian Turkish and Arabic be thaught there.

Turkmens have a local channel too,again turkmen front say that they are puppets of kdp and it is just a tool for kdp propaganda.

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 00:05

Originally posted by oguzoglu

Those are just official numbers, real numbers are always hidden by the government.

So how did you find the original numbers? Are you a member of secret service? Or may be a spy?

If those people didnt mercy on Iranian civilization you would still be speaking Arabic. Azeris recreated Iran, if there were no Turks caring about your civilization, you would already have been the head member of the Arab league.

At the moment we are living in a Arabic country, only Arabs are minority, and just for your information our foreign minister (another Azeri) requested Arab league for membership, (for this excuse that they are muslim).
So we have some Arab lover Turks.

Your current situation isnt the masterpiece of Turks, it's the masterpiece of your ignorance. You face its consequences yourself, nd try to find a weak minority to blame for that. Bad habit of yours

Our situation is consequence of masterpiece of our rulers that dont want to leave their post, For example our leader(another azeri) , so our situation is masterpiece of a very powerful minority that it seems you are their relatives.

We have a persian word for it. KHwahesh mikonam, there is another word, Dastur midaham,this latter is only used for Turks.

So Persian is a rich language of begging terms. Good for you, easy to beg. Of course Turks also used it, remember, Persian vocabulary for such terms is always richer than others...

Sorry you didnt get the point, read my above sentence another time, It will help you to enhance your Persian.(very interactive method of learning Persian)

Why me? You may find tones of partners for you in Iran. You may find yourself a fit muscular pahlevan and have a nice family, altough I dont think mullahs will let you alive...

I have never liked a muscular girlfriend  , I preferred a Turkmen girlfriend with a golden heart, but not a trans one, I told you forget about it, I dont think I will ever came in your country .(and you too  vice versa I guess)

Bah, anyway, I changed my mind, we dont want Iranian women. BTW I couldnt figure out why you were so passionate in the issue of harem. You know, it wouldnt matter if we took some Iranian women to our harems right, you would fill their need easily

Oh what has happened ? when I said turkish women exchange you changed your mind?why you are so generous for American and german tourists and stingy for us. There must not be any cheating.

Really? I didnt know that. I tought some Iranians dont eat "genus Sus" and "Sus scrofa", in scientific names, because "entahar" is forbidden in Islam.

I hope you love math,
Your sentence:
I tought some Iranians dont eat "genus Sus" and "Sus scrofa", in scientific names, because "entahar" is forbidden in Islam.
A proven fact: Our leader has the above condition.
 Your sentence:
And dont expect us to solve your inner problems everytime. We've been doing that since 1000 years and you should have learned it by now

It means you are relative with him.
So:
I think only the mountainous border can distinguish the geographical distribution of sus scorfa and  Equus asinus

This discussion is an interactive method for learning logic,math and taxonomy and Arabic(this also prove you are relative with our leader because he loved Arabic language too, ENTEHAR.)

Of course, I'm glad you realized the importance of domesticism, so if you arent happy with Turks ruling you, next time, lets vote for domestic rulers, I know you arent good at it, but just try, you have nothing to lose...

Oh you are Angle of deliverance, We have told them many times , but they simply dont want to leave their post, I hope they hear you maybe they cant understand Persian, You say your languages are near, so please tell Mr.Ordogan to ask them give some opportunity to us.

with regards and please don't forget that little request from your prime minister(just a telephone call).

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 00:11

Baracuda

There is two part in your message:

Historical:

agree, they appear around just over 150-200 maybe a little more, years ago,

I think you forgot a zero.

but then if this is true it must mean they originate from various ethnic backgrounds who I think began calling themselves 'kurd', as I dont have any information to prove otherwise..

I realy dont understand what do you want to say? People of turkey are originated from various ethnic background and suddenly considered to call themselves Turk, so what? Are they greek or Hittits?

I mean 150-200 years ago.. who were in that area? Iran - Qajar dynasty, the rest of the area is mainly Ottoman, which include many areas around the black sea, and balkans..

There were many people, these two country were empires that ruled many areas and many people.

it is said the 'Kurdistan -as a state' was formed in 1847 and lasted for not long. ..

You mean Badr khan ruler of Butan province, his ancestors ruled Butan (Or jazir) from end of 14th century as vassals of mamaliks and then othmans, in 1843 he considered himself king of Kurdistan and in 1847 he was defeated.his grand sons were very active in KhoyBun .
Kurdistan is a geographical name with ambiguous boundary not name of a state or country.(from historical point of view)

so now.. these poeple in my view, must just be people of this region, arab,turk,armenian,jew etc, who began calling themselves 'kurd' ..

well in your view yes, but in reality no.
first Armenian: completely forget about them.
Second Arabs: well in the years of Islam there may be some arab tribes that lived in between kurds and later kurdified, but there is no doubt that number of Arabized kurds are far more.
Turks: You are not serious this is impossible, There are Azeries that lived for generations in Tehran and still when want to say how are you they say najesan? and they are assimilated by kurds!!!! come on, there are many turkified kurds in Iran , but except one unique example I dont know a Kurdified turk tribe .Actually assimilating the turks is very difficult except using saddam methods.(not advisable by any means)

and that spread like wild-fire as no one really has little families in the Middle East

This is political and will be answered in poltical section.

Politics:

First of all I have no idea about your country and as I said I dont believe the pictures that internet and media want to make from your country, So dont expect me to judge correctly about Kurdish issue in your country.
Second those statistics that are given about population growth of kurds , must be accepted with a grain of salt.
I remember when I was teen age In kayhan one of most hardline newspaper of the Iran,(It was called Tribune of Ministry of intelligence) I read a funny article, (it was the time that relation of two country was very bad).in that article it was predicted that population of Alavies in Turkey by the end of 2030 will surpass the population of sunnies (kurds and Turks) and Turkey became a Shii country and Iran Syria Iraq Lebanon Turkey and Azerbaijan will create a Shii bloc. Even  at that time I could find that the respected writer hypothesized that population growth rate remained unchanged for the next 35 years. These are jokes and must not be taken seriously.

Land claim? Who claimed land? Pkk ? who are Pkk? Three or four thousand gurillas that wander through mountains and one time a week attack some poor conscript soldiers or gendarmes and ran away from commandoes or even local militias, Are they security threat?
Land claim in Iran? Up until now even in 1945 in mahabad republics never Iranian kurds didnt dare to declare independence.
In Iraq? Well if you look back at the history of Iraq , you see that the problem of federal Kurdistan has existed from the time of independence, 1926,1931-33, 1958, 1970-1974 , in the middle 80s so It is not a new thing in Iraq.
In Syria? Come on!!!!!!!!

With the logic thats being stated here, that the kurds have right now to whole areas in many countries around them.. then I suppose we must request back half of Europe, Most of the Middle east and so on.. its absurd.

I dont know what do you mean by having right on land? Independence? You know except Iraq in other parts it is science fiction , in Iraq the problem is different, British had a principle, Mosul must not go back to turkey so It must be independent or it add to Iraq as a federal state, Iraqs current situation dates back to 80 years ago.

ps. I've been to the Ottoman archive's, and some of the subjects that I researched were the kurds, I am not limited to the internet, and but to many libruaries.. ( as I have been on this subject for about 1.5 years)

very good , so if you have been in Othman archives , you can read Turko-arabic scripts and are familiar with foreign words in Othman texts, So I hope you can access to 'Qamus al alam by shamseddin sammi a great Othman explorer.I think it was printed in late of 19th century. I personally didnt see this book but there are many references to this book, I think its not bad to have a look for it, specially kirkuk.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 05:59
Actually it would be better to move this conversation to the 'who are the kurds' thread I opened.. but anyway..

1500-2000 years?, well I could accept that only if there was un-disputable proof, but for 150-200 years there is proof, in Persian, Ottoman, English (I have books written at that time),French.

I realy dont understand what do you want to say? People of turkey are originated from various ethnic background and suddenly considered to call themselves Turk, so what? Are they greek or Hittits?

Well that was a long time ago, but I belive we were called 'Turk' by others to begin with.

Here I meant to say that if the kurds originate from 150-200 years ago then it would mean that "they originate from various ethnic backgrounds who began calling themselves 'kurd's' for some reason.

There were many people, these two country were empires that ruled many areas and many people.

Ottomans, Qajar dynasty... going back even further, Karakoyunlu, Seljuk.... further, Armenia... do you see what I mean? I mean one can put the Turkoman's, Tatar's into the area at these times from many sources, and the armenians, and the arabs, persians, but the 'kurds' either simply didnt exist then or I have yet to find any evidence.

You mean Badr khan ruler of Butan province, his ancestors ruled Butan (Or jazir) from end of 14th century as vassals of mamaliks

Badr Khan ok, but think the state only existed for 1 year until he surrendered to the Sultan, and not 4.

On his ancestors I dont know anything about, who were they called? with what ethnicity, 'arab'? needs proof though otherwise its just propaganda becuase such a thing would conviniently put the kurds into the 14 century.

first Armenian: completely forget about them.
Second Arabs: well in the years of Islam there may be some arab tribes that lived in between kurds and later kurdified, but there is no doubt that number of Arabized kurds are far more.
Turks: You are not serious this is impossible, There are Azeries that lived for generations in Tehran and still when want to say how are you they say najesan? and they are assimilated by kurds!!!! come on, there are many turkified kurds in Iran , but except one unique example I dont know a Kurdified turk tribe .Actually assimilating the turks is very difficult except using saddam methods.(not advisable by any means)

Armenia
- in old times, covers the area that the kurds live in now
- armenians seem to support the kurds.. (althoug I think this is more political and propaganda to use against anything 'turk')

Arabs
- I would think that they could be a good candidate for the real root of the 'kurds', as in many ocassions they come up in documents

Persians
- They also come up more than once, and are another good candidate as source of 'kurds' as many kurdic 'languages' are close or same with persian.

Turks
- Firstly turk, doesnt mean a person from Turkey. To the group 'Turks' ads many people who have lived in this area for over 1200 years.. these areas' also cover the area's that the kurds live today in various countries. The name also means 'qurd' - wolf.. all these put some variant of the 'turk' - 'turkic tribes' as another candidate

Of course the above are assumtions, based on if the kurds are relatively new in this area, true or not I dont know.

First of all I have no idea about your country and as I said I dont believe the pictures that internet and media want to make from your country, So dont expect me to judge correctly about Kurdish issue in your country.

Well the pictures that I have been talking about are not really from the internet, as you can guess internet isnt really a very reliable source for dispute as information seems to change according to politics.. the sources on maps that I have have actually been published in English newspapers as kurdistan, basically maps and revisions of them to test public reaction I suppose, first of which contains 1/2 of Turkey, Northern Iran, 1/2 of Irak, and 1/4 of Syria.

As for my country, well due to terrorist activities in the area, meaning Anatolia, anadolu, the area' has had little to none development, some area's even look like the 1920-1930's, no money, no contruction, and so on.. schools dont have teachers, hospitals, polyclinics dont have doctors or nurses.. (this is even though there exists a compulsary service for a year or more in these area's for anyone completing university on these subjects)

Now why? is this such, well on the internet you can find pictures of killed doctors, teachers, who the people of the area loved.. but as they are seen as the government terrorists attack them.
So the only real 'buisness' and economy that can be sustained in the area' are various contraband trade of petroleum, etc to and fro from, iran, iraq, syria.. again I am not an expert on the subject, I only know from friends I know from Sirnak/Turkey..

Now, ethnic kurds , like many other ethnicities live in these area's where poverty is high and the conditions are such.. so 'some' of them are in search of better things, and support for various anti-government groups, and terrorists come up in this manner in turkey.

Second those statistics that are given about population growth of kurds , must be accepted with a grain of salt.
I remember when I was teen age In kayhan one of most hardline newspaper of the Iran,(It was called Tribune of Ministry of intelligence) I read a funny article, (it was the time that relation of two country was very bad).in that article it was predicted that population of Alavies in Turkey by the end of 2030 will surpass the population of sunnies (kurds and Turks) and Turkey became a Shii country and Iran Syria Iraq Lebanon Turkey and Azerbaijan will create a Shii bloc. Even at that time I could find that the respected writer hypothesized that population growth rate remained unchanged for the next 35 years. These are jokes and must not be taken seriously.

Well maybe, another way is amount of people who you have in your family, I have well over 10K people in mine, and if some newspaper asked me I would say we're all turks, it will add that sum. Or I can say to another that we are a 'macedonian' family.. so its a joke but there are funny things in history, like in Turkey we have the "10 year march" - basically it goes,"... 15 million children, in 10 years..... " ( 10 yilda, 15 milyon genc..) according to some organization Turks will be well in the 100 million range by the 2010's

Land claim? Who claimed land? Pkk ? who are Pkk? Three or four thousand gurillas that wander through mountains and one time a week attack some poor conscript soldiers or gendarmes and ran away from commandoes or even local militias, Are they security threat?
Land claim in Iran? Up until now even in 1945 in mahabad republics never Iranian kurds didnt dare to declare independence.
In Iraq? Well if you look back at the history of Iraq , you see that the problem of federal Kurdistan has existed from the time of independence, 1926,1931-33, 1958, 1970-1974 , in the middle 80s so It is not a new thing in Iraq.
In Syria? Come on!!!!!!!!

I agree, but I believe that the number poeple in support of PKK,KADEK etc terrorist groups among the ethnically kurd populations in significant.. Well these people arent a security threat, but they kill civilians and attack targets which each time you look at the news makes you angry or feel sorry for them.

I dont know what do you mean by having right on land? Independence? You know except Iraq in other parts it is science fiction , in Iraq the problem is different, British had a principle, Mosul must not go back to turkey so It must be independent or it add to Iraq as a federal state, Iraqs current situation dates back to 80 years ago.

Independance, I have enough friends,family and money to declare independance from Turkey that sounds funny doesnt it?

One doesnt have to be a genius to guess why the british wouldnt want Mosul to be in Ottoman, nor Turkish hands..

They actually cut up the whole ex-ottoman terratory into managable parts in such a way that
-none will be big enough to cause a problem in war or be controlable by other means.
-into kingdoms, etc such that they will never join up..

I must say they did a good job.

In my view, strategically how-ever odd it might seem this moment, the best thing for the kurds of Iraq to do would be eventually in a 10-20 years time gradually join Turkey, or some modernized Iran. I'd prefer Turkey, as it would solve many problems, of Turkey, the biggest one being Anatolia, terror and underdevelopment of these areas due to it, then there wouldnt be any thing in the way of Turkey to stop or interfere with its development.

Iran, I suppose in some time will have its own version of
'democracy' and will become maybe even better than Turkey in some ways, in any case the same.. it would be good for them also, but this would be under strict conditions made against any terrorist and formations.

The other option left, is for an independant kurdistan.. it simply would be some vassal of the US, with supporters in Europe, and I doubt that it would last longer than the resources it holds.. then to fall.. I dont really know.

Ok thats enough for now

- On the ottoman libruary, yes I'll check it up, along with more detail on Badr Khan ( I used to be able to talk in arabic fluently, persian eh.. but nothing I cant manage without a dictionary, I made up a dictionary for myself.. which I might put online later)
-I'll scan some of them and put them up on some site later if you like to try reading it.( that is any relative info on this subject)
-Why am I researching the 'kurds' ottomans etc, its because I am fed up with nationalists (althoug even I get pushed to being a nationalist and angry at things here) I want to use them in a 'game' or make mods for games we know.. simples one is Total war that comes to mind.

Thanks

Edited by baracuda
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 09:44

Baracuda

I again  must rearrange your quotes to separate political and historical ones.

First lets start with badr khan , Bohtan Emirate (also called Jazir emirate) .
History of this emirate is written in sharafname-e-Betlisi . origins of this family and and list of emirs of this dynasty is completely mentioned in this book. They were first a  yazidi tribe and then converted to Islam and then became ruler of Jazir.

Ottomans, Qajar dynasty... going back even further, Karakoyunlu, Seljuk.... further, Armenia... do you see what I mean? I mean one can put the Turkoman's, Tatar's into the area at these times from many sources, and the armenians, and the arabs, persians, but the 'kurds' either simply didnt exist then or I have yet to find any evidence.

well  this is a good start, lets see how many dynasties ruled in Islamic countries from Arab invasion until the dissolution of Othman empire and replacing the Qajar dynasty with pahlavi dynasty?20 , 30 , 50 ? No,.Just In Iran It was estimated that over 150 dynasty ruled Iran.150 dynasty what about other parts of Islamic lands, do you know that in 1596 betlisi just mentioned about 10 kurdish emirate that ruled all of Kurdistan, Ardalan, mokri, kalhor, zanganeh, hakkari, jazir, Soran, Gogil??!!!,Baban,Betlis,and they are separate from Pashas and sanjaq beyks.
In ordinary history books only big states and their famous rulers are mentioned, but if you look at the sources , youll see the situation is much more complicated.
Qaraqoyunlu or Aq qoyounlu they were a sort of tribal governments that composed of many  tribes and many local dynasties paid tribute to them.
Ilkahnid you certainly know that Saljuqian-e-rum were their vassals same as Kilikian Armenian, but do you know that there was Hezar Espidian-e Luristan, Qatlagh Khanian-e Kerman, Al-Kert in Harat, Sulghurian in Fars, Bavandian in gilan,
You see the problem is much more complicated than you think,
So saying that I dont see a major Kurdish state in the history of this region that could be compared with empires is wrong, but what is our knowledge about  these tiny and pety kingdoms, for a good comparision please check the tiny kingdoms of Anatolia in 13th and 14th century.Apart from daneshmandian, Saltuks and later Karamanlies and Artn oglues which were powerful states and their names mentioned in Islamic books,
May  you mention the sources that exist for petty emirates like choban(chuban) oglues or dholqadr or denizli or Aydin Even Jandarli family who were Sadr Azams of Othman sultans for many years , they ruled a province in north western Anatolia,but I myself dont know any source for reference. Information  regarding to these kingdoms are only stated in brief in a history book, or the names of kings exist in poem of a poet or something like that..
Our knowledge from history of middle age is realy low.
For kurds there are two reference books Sharafnameh-e-Betlisi in 1596 And History of Babans in 1820 both in Persian and were written in Othman times,
Names of these emirates are mentioned in many books , but just a name or a king or some thing like that.You know that Armenians were existed in eastern Anatolia, but there is not any Armenian state or kingdom after collapse of Bagratuni family by the hand of Byzantine in the eastern Anatolia and in other parts after collapse of Kilikian Armenia.So where were Armenian in all of these years?
In the end for knowing the complexity of history of middle east and presence of kurds, and also a good source for saljuqs and also Ayubbid dynasty and Mongol invasion please refer to Ibn-asir , a classical history book which also is a reference of crusaders, It was written in 1230s in Egypt, but its Arabic is classic and not very difficult, Although it is a very big book and is used usually  for reference.

Armenia
- in old times, covers the area that the kurds live in now
- armenians seem to support the kurds.. (althoug I think this is more political and propaganda to use against anything 'turk')

If you look at recent sources like jauber 1807,(Voyage en Armenie et en Perse) or older books Foma Metsopi in the beginning of the 15th century,(a reference for the history of eastern Anatolia from 1400-1430),Youll see that Armenian lived in the areas that kurds lived, by in separate communities, as a rule all Armenians were sedenatary people , but kurds all were nomads or lived in cities(as companions of the ruler) only kurds of around Mosul , Shahrizor or Iran had a sedentary life.(agriculture)

Arabs
- I would think that they could be a good candidate for the real root of the 'kurds', as in many ocassions they come up in documents

So what about the mentioning of kurds in Karanamak of Ardashir papakan , Or long part of Shahnameh which deals with origin and history of kurds,(zahhak kingdom) What about wars in begings of Islam between kurds and Arabs? What about Kurdish uprisning against arabs in Halvan, mosul in 9th century?

Turks
- Firstly turk, doesnt mean a person from Turkey. To the group 'Turks' ads many people who have lived in this area for over 1200 years

You mean 950 years I think

these areas' also cover the area's that the kurds live today in various countries. The name also means 'qurd' - wolf.. all these put some variant of the 'turk' - 'turkic tribes' as another candidate

First of all Wolf is Qurt in Azeri and I think the same is in Turkmen and in Anatolian Turkish it became Kurt,
Second I thaught you were not serious about this issue, and It was a kind of joke, BTW all the sources that I gave you, are before coming Turks in region So this theory is invalid.
About overlapping the aeras yes before 16th century , Kurds and Turkmans lived together, just in mountainous areas kurds were more predominant and Turkmans in plains (What I have found for example there is no Turkish tribe in Hakkari or Rwanduz or soran in history books,Or there is no mention of kurds in regions like Urfa)after 16th century and massacare of alavies by Othman sultans and then Jalali uprising that kurds helped othmans to suppress them, Turkmen role decreased significantly both in eastern Anatolia and Iraq.

One more point is that what is your theory about appearing the Kurdish language If you know Persian and surely are familiar (at least a bit) with kurdish  you know that difference between Kurdish and Persian is far far more than difference between Turkmen language and Anatolian Turkish (which separated from each other 1000 years ago)  So what is origin of this language, and then what is origin of Zazas (which they have their own language) how did they appear, and unlike kurds, we have no mention of them because they are  always they classified as kurds?

Well the rest is Politics:

Well the pictures that I have been talking about are not really from the internet, as you can guess internet isnt really a very reliable source for dispute as information seems to change according to politics.. the sources on maps that I have have actually been published in English newspapers as kurdistan, basically maps and revisions of them to test public reaction I suppose, first of which contains 1/2 of Turkey, Northern Iran, 1/2 of Irak, and 1/4 of Syria.

I told you Kurdistan if a historical geographical region, A name at least with 9 century history but with vague boundaries, At old times it was different from old Armenia (so you could be happy that in Turkey you would only face with weaker Armenians!!)but on the other hand it included many regions of northern Iraq (which is now nobody accepts as Kurdish region), the only clear border is given by Jauber which used Othman knowledge, refer to his book.
Recent maps well I think you must not show too sensitivity to that, It is more or less want to show the distribution of kurds, and because in your country after Othman empire there has never been an ethnic based statistics, it is a kind of imagination or old dataes, and until there is not such a statistics,(which I think in Iran and Turkey there would never be, just my personal view) these maps appear and they necessarily does not show real, they must not be taken seriously and must be remembered it is not a land claim, we have many of these kind of maps in Iran for kurds, Lurs Azeries, baluches, Turkmens and all of them overlap with each other very much,

As for my country, well due to terrorist activities in the area, meaning Anatolia, anadolu, the area' has had little to none development, some area's even look like the 1920-1930's, no money, no contruction, and so on.. schools dont have teachers, hospitals, polyclinics dont have doctors or nurses.. (this is even though there exists a compulsary service for a year or more in these area's for anyone completing university on these subjects)

Now why? is this such, well on the internet you can find pictures of killed doctors, teachers, who the people of the area loved.. but as they are seen as the government terrorists attack them.
So the only real 'buisness' and economy that can be sustained in the area' are various contraband trade of petroleum, etc to and fro from, iran, iraq, syria.. again I am not an expert on the subject, I only know from friends I know from Sirnak/Turkey..

Now, ethnic kurds , like many other ethnicities live in these area's where poverty is high and the conditions are such.. so 'some' of them are in search of better things, and support for various anti-government groups, and terrorists come up in this manner in turkey.

Well according to your data, we have a loop here, non development create hard line groups and hard liners try to keep the condition in tention to remain it in backwardness. People who have nothing to lose are easy prey for extremists.
On the other hand by combining it with our conditions In Iran, I can see that we will have a storm of immigrants from those areas who have no skills and came in big cities and usually fell in traps of Gangs and Mafia , this will create a very negative picture from other people of society towards them  and will create misjudge against those poor people and then mutual hatred and in the end more troops.
I think the solution here is security and economics and they both related to eachother.

There is another problem: economical development will raise the level of culture and information and surely this will create a sense of identity (or in the case of minorities a sense of nationalism) but If advocators of this doctorine could not find a good subtrate for their propaganda , there is no doubt they will be obliged to show themselves in medias and internets or even participating in political process ,in another term they are  forced to use democratic and civilized ways and losing their aggressive style and in the end find a place for themselves in society not hostility with it.
In simple we can say that we would be hostile towards a society , If we can not adapt ourselvesselves to it, If we could, we would be its defenders.
I just ask a question and I hope you answer it honestly, comparing to 10 years ago, economical condition in Turkey grows and I know people have a very good feeling toward the future of their country and this will raise their sense of self-confidence, So although the volume of nationalistic problem in internet and media increased, (because media is also advanced and internet is more accessible to ordinary people)Are hard liners and chauvinists have the same power and doctorines that they had 10 years ago?
In Iran you can see that as condition in Iran became worse, a very aggressive nationalism start rising.

I agree, but I believe that the number poeple in support of PKK,KADEK etc terrorist groups among the ethnically kurd populations in significant.. Well these people arent a security threat, but they kill civilians and attack targets which each time you look at the news makes you angry or feel sorry for them.

Honestly I dont think they are very serious and if government can show the local people that is their defender and supporter(at first it is difficult) this will help that they (kurds) try to cooperate with government to establish the security and improving the economical conditions(there is no reason that goverment must solve every problem, but culture of cooporation must raised between people), If parents see that their children show abnormal behaviors and have bad friends, they must behave in the way to lure the trust of their children so that they became more dependent  and imitate them and have selection in choosing their friends, very simple example but I think could be used here.

In my view, strategically how-ever odd it might seem this moment, the best thing for the kurds of Iraq to do would be eventually in a 10-20 years time gradually join Turkey, or some modernized Iran. I'd prefer Turkey, as it would solve many problems, of Turkey, the biggest one being Anatolia, terror and underdevelopment of these areas due to it, then there wouldnt be any thing in the way of Turkey to stop or interfere with its development.

Iran, I suppose in some time will have its own version of
'democracy' and will become maybe even better than Turkey in some ways, in any case the same.. it would be good for them also, but this would be under strict conditions made against any terrorist and formations.

The other option left, is for an independant kurdistan.. it simply would be some vassal of the US, with supporters in Europe, and I doubt that it would last longer than the resources it holds.. then to fall.. I dont really know.

I think Iraq will remain united and Kurdistan will  serve as a base for American to control Iraq, tention between kurds and Arabs and between sunni and shii remains up to that degree that USA could use it .I think world dont want any change in political map of the region and Iraq is an important place.
About Iran I have only one word, UNPREDICTABLE!!!

Why am I researching the 'kurds' ottomans etc, its because I am fed up with nationalists (althoug even I get pushed to being a nationalist and angry at things here) I want to use them in a 'game' or make mods for games we know.. simples one is Total war that comes to mind.

Yes it is obvious, and I hope you see that sometimes I myself play this game (and consider that I am not racist or Anti Turk , its just teasing)

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 10:04

I have met three Kurds from Kurdistan two days ago, one is studying PhD at Glasgow university (starting this year), and two professors on exchange, they are very nationalist and I think that is the sentiment among the majority of Kurds in Iraq, they go so far as to call Bakhtiaris and Lors Kurds which is technically not correct.

Apparently there is a purifying of Sorani language going on in which they are removing Persian and Arab words and replacing them with new Kurdish derivatives, they want to standardise it for all of Iraqi Kurdistan.  I really doubt that they will join any other country with the mentality of the population, they are very excited about having some sort of country of their own.

Edited by Zagros
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 10:31

So how did you find the original numbers? Are you a member of secret service? Or may be a spy?

You dont need to be a spy for that, we live with it.

At the moment we are living in a Arabic country, only Arabs are minority, and just for your information our foreign minister (another Azeri) requested Arab league for membership, (for this excuse that they are muslim).
So we have some Arab lover Turks.

Well, this doesnt change the fact that the Arab lover Iranians have appointed those Arab lover Turks as their rulers. So that means they arent capable of ruling themselves, they arent brave enough to rule themselves or they are also Arab lovers.

Our situation is consequence of masterpiece of our rulers that dont want to leave their post, For example our leader(another azeri) , so our situation is masterpiece of a very powerful minority that it seems you are their relatives.

Those Turks were the ones who made you Iranians again, remember Safavids? Even their masterpiece wasnt enough to oppress the Arab serving instinct in Iranians. You cant blame a minority for not being able to change your genes for sure...

Sorry you didnt get the point, read my above sentence another time, It will help you to enhance your Persian.(very interactive method of learning Persian)

So you mean Persian has a specific term to beg Turks? I am amazed.

Our leader has the above condition.

Well, as we say here, "Krle yatan a kalkar.", means "The one who goes to bed with the blind, wakes up as squint eyed." So since the Azeris have been sleeping with the blind since the last 1000 years, some of their rulers may have became squint eyed.

It means you are relative with him.

Of course, but he has high amounts of Iranian blood causing him to commit such actions.

I have never liked a muscular girlfriend  , I preferred a Turkmen girlfriend with a golden heart, but not a trans one, I told you forget about it, I dont think I will ever came in your country .(and you too  vice versa I guess)

Well, your pahlevans arent girls for sure, maybe near a Turkmen pahlevan they seem like tiny girls, but not pysically. So I hoped you'd enjoyed one. I dont think Turkmens will let you marry their girls, they wouldnt want their Turk girls to sleep with the blind and become like the Azeri leaders.

You may not come to my country but I may to yours. Your country is %30 ours you know...

Oh what has happened ? when I said turkish women exchange you changed your mind?why you are so generous for American and german tourists and stingy for us. There must not be any cheating.

Lets close this Iranian women issue, we dont want to sleep with the blind and become like your Azeri leaders.

I think only the mountainous border can distinguish the geographical distribution of sus scorfa and  Equus asinus

No. that border can only distinguish the mullah Cuarantine of Iran and modern Turkey. Or the homo saphiens with Equus mullahus.

This discussion is an interactive method for learning logic,math and taxonomy and Arabic(this also prove you are relative with our leader because he loved Arabic language too, ENTEHAR.)

Well, yeah. We like Arabic language. But you should too, it's your ancestoral language for sure...

Oh you are Angle of deliverance, We have told them many times , but they simply dont want to leave their post, I hope they hear you maybe they cant understand Persian, You say your languages are near, so please tell Mr.Ordogan to ask them give some opportunity to us.

Telling isnt a solution. After you continuously begged them as "Dastur Midaham", for 1000 years, you cant just make them leave their post before proving you can fly yourself now.

Why would I do that? Do it yourself, beg to Azeris by your own way (you are good at it)...

Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 10:32

Thats a shame; here let me provide you with maps:

Kurdish autonomous state in northern iraq, though kurds are trying to get more land due south:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/kurdistan-m aps.htm

the kurdish areas: this is after saddam forced them out of kirkuk and mosul.

and here is the area claimed by kurds who are extreme nationalists:

i heard that some kurds think their area expands all the way to persian gulf covering all of Khuzistan province.

Edited by Shahanshah
King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 10:35

waw thats a huge part of Turkey !!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 10:41
Tha last map is totally idiotic. Damn, they wish to have pure Turkish cities too? I call this idiotism with total mental disability. They wont be having such expansionist state for sure, that's a wet dream...
Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 11:19

i found this picture in :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56241129@N00/page2/

its a view of Merdin, turkey kurdistan?

Racist Turkish Propaganda forcefully written on Kurdish mountains: "Ne Mutlu Turkum Diyene" ("He who can say he is Turkish, is proud")

Edited by Shahanshah
King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 12:40
"Racist Turkish Propaganda forcefully written on Kurdish mountains: "Ne Mutlu Turkum Diyene" ("He who can say he is Turkish, is proud")"

It's sad to see how they are trying to erase the Kurdish identity...
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Yekta View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Yekta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 13:34

"Ne Mutlu Trkum Diyene"

How blissful/happy those who say I am Turk

Am I right?

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 13:47
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Tha last map is totally idiotic. Damn, they wish to have pure Turkish cities too? I call this idiotism with total mental disability. They wont be having such expansionist state for sure, that's a wet dream...

It's not even a dream, it's a joke.anyway I've seen funnier maps like expanded to the Blacksea.see how serious they are.   what irratates me most that Kurds from Iran or Iraq speaking on behalf of Turkish citizen Kurds.Those who have such dreams are not even %5 of the Kurdish pop in Turkey.and most lives in Iraq or Europe now.

Cent, I suggest you to stop such funny statements.You're not even from Turkey, none of the Kurdish forumers here are from Turkey. so how do you think I should take you guys serious?
you guys have quite imaginations so  I guess it won't be easy for you stop
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 13:49
that map had covered where I am from  
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 14:24
erci? What are you talking about? What funny statements?

"Cent, I suggest you to stop such funny statements."

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 14:26
"You're not even from Turkey, none of the Kurdish forumers here are from Turkey. so how do you think I should take you guys serious?"

So you mean that you have to be from Turkey to know something about the kurdish situation in Turkey?
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 15:28

its a view of Merdin, turkey kurdistan?

It isnt Kurdistan. It is Mardin, Turkey.

Racist? How can you make a claim without you know what it means? It means the thing Yekta said, it isnt any related with your race, that's what forms the unity of the people of Turkey. Kurds arent any seperate from us, they died for this country once, fought with us against enemies. So Turkey belongs to all of us, not Kurds trying to share it from the otherside of the world.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 15:55
Turkish Kurdistan, Iraqi Kurdistan Iranian Kurdistan - chill, it just means lands Kurds inhabit within those countries.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 15:56
"Shahanshah" - I doubt that one would call 'Mardin' - turkish-kurdistan as its pretty useless to do so.

Well that text translates to english, as either
"Happy is he,who is a turk" or " Happy is he, who calls himself a turk", it was a sentence by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk on 29 July 1933. - it is a word said because of others seing 'turks' as inferior, to encourage the new nation forward in various reforms, it has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicities, at those times changes through reforms, and the building of the country into a modern Turkey was more important than anything else, and ethnicity was never the question.

Now usually those words are used to remind people of what was said back then, that reforms should continue for the building of modern turkey, and that going back was not an option, remind people of history.

Either the people of the area, write those with white rocks, and maintain it. Or it can also mean that there is an army training ground someplace, and the soldiers have to run up the mountain maintain it, write it with rocks from below, etc for training..of the jandarme,army etc.

Political parties which are more of the 'Racist' stock that you refer to have used the ideology of "millet" (people), but in Turkey we dont realy write political fantasies on mountains.

"Hushyar" - I'll check up the historical parts, as for the date, I was talking about 1200, I meant the first turk appearance in the area, Khazars, Ghaznevids..

I just ask a question and I hope you answer it honestly, comparing to 10 years ago, economical condition in Turkey grows and I know people have a very good feeling toward the future of their country and this will raise their sense of self-confidence, So although the volume of nationalistic problem in internet and media increased, (because media is also advanced and internet is more accessible to ordinary people)Are hard liners and chauvinists have the same power and doctorines that they had 10 years ago?
In Iran you can see that as condition in Iran became worse, a very aggressive nationalism start rising.

You're right on the loop thing.

As for you question a direct answer would be, yes they still are the same if not more, than they were 10 years ago, that is if you mean 'nationalists' - by chauvanism, and by 'hardliners' - people who stand up for their people..

Here I need to explain some things on Turkey, and the 'Turks' in general regardless of their ethnicity, I mean the nature of things as its very difficult for a stranger to understand until he/she really lives in Turkey, and things appear totaly different than they really are from the outside.

First of all why from the outside things appear differently, well its obvious; propaganda and politics, i dont think you need examples for this.. as even Iran has similar things.

Now an example (note this is just a fantasy, which I put together.. but similar things to exist)    People sitting at their homes in Turkey, see in the news "about some french/german politician talking about 'what' turks have done to the armenians, and that they should pay for crimes commited and that turkey is an undeveloped poor 3rd world country", then news on the "armenian church in Turkey"..
Now this propaganda will cause the following,

-1st anger against the french/german politican
-2nd distrust and anger against armenains who 'must have' requested or lobbied this person to talk against Turkey in such a manner.
-3rd distrust,for what purpose does the armenian church serve in Turkey.
-4th why do Europeans see us so inferior?

So,now for whom is this usefull;

1. the armenians use this propaganda to get attention to their country, as they have many insolvable problems.
2. French/German politician is seeking support from various lobbies that hate 'Turks' and in a sense is labeling the 'turks' in the view of their public (those who have no clue on Turkey that is)
3. Nationalists in Turkey are using this to catch the turkish publics attention to the armenians, and to keep their cause alive.

This is another endless loop as such things are used very commonly through-out the world, media is every-where why waste time on politics/military when you can pay the media to do the work for you?

Now so neither an economically stable Turkey, nor a stable Middle east, wouldnt be at the best interests of neither Europe nor the US, reasons are simple and really boring.

Strategy 101;

Now support for various groups in the middle east, in coutries is being used as a tool to tear the country up into manageble parts, the nationalistic/religious movements of these countries only fuel this.. and eventually in a couple of years the goal is reached.

Edited by baracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>