Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christian Bible Desecration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christian Bible Desecration
    Posted: 05-Jul-2005 at 23:25
By popular demand, I am starting a thread that specificly deals with this issue. Please bring forth stories on this issue.

Are you in favor or against Christian Bible desecration?

Personally, I am against it; I believe that everyone should respect the religious symbols of everyone else.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 02:44
i am pro it... i dont believe our society can go anywhere unless all faiths springing from Judaism (islam and christianity) are eradicated.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 04:05
"Le XXIe sicle sera religieux ou ne sera pas" (A. Malraux)
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 04:15
Originally posted by hugoestr

Personally, I am against it; I believe that everyone should respect the religious symbols of everyone else.

I agree with you on this one, up to a certain extent.
I will respect the symbols and content of any belief system, religious or otherwise, as long it respects mine ( whatever that may be....)and those of others.
If not, if it desecrates the symbols of other beliefs and if it tries to infringe my rights, or that of others, to believe in what ever we might choose, I'm afraid, it's war.
That's why if have no tolerance whatsoever for fascist, neo-nazist, racist etc. "ideas", if you want to call them that.

Although most religions, and especially Christianity, have fringes that that might want to oppress any other form of belief, I'll give Christianity the benefit of the doubt.
There are political tendencies in Christianity that are deducted from the Bible and that come very close to my own and atheist beliefs, if it weren't for that little circumstantial faith in a god.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 07:00

Originally posted by Richard XIII

"Le XXIe sicle sera religieux ou ne sera pas" (A. Malraux)

But 'rligieux' doesn't mean 'chrtien'.

Surely it is obvious that at this moment the chief danger to the century arises from religious belief? Not the only one, but the most serious?

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 08:23
What does desicrating a Bible do for anyone?  It only makes people more mad.  It is stupid and the only thing that should be eradicated is stupidity of that sort!
magavan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote magavan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 09:59
Dans cette guerre religieuse les enfants de Zoroastre renaitront un jour de leur cendre, et  le monde sera qu'il n'y a eu qu'un seul prophete et que le reste n'est que plagiarisme de ce dernier.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 10:15
Wanna keep that stuff to the non-English board?  Thanks!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 10:20
It is stupid and the only thing that should be eradicated is stupidity of that sort!

I agree, we should also outlaw flag burning and the vandalising of football mascots.
Arrrgh!!"
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 11:01
Originally posted by Komnenos

Originally posted by hugoestr

I agree with you on this one, up to a certain extent.
I will respect the symbols and content of any belief system, religious or otherwise, as long it respects mine ( whatever that may be....)and those of others.
If not, if it desecrates the symbols of other beliefs and if it tries to infringe my rights, or that of others, to believe in what ever we might choose, I'm afraid, it's war.
That's why if have no tolerance whatsoever for fascist, neo-nazist, racist etc. "ideas", if you want to call them that.

Although most religions, and especially Christianity, have fringes that that might want to oppress any other form of belief, I'll give Christianity the benefit of the doubt.
There are political tendencies in Christianity that are deducted from the Bible and that come very close to my own and atheist beliefs, if it weren't for that little circumstantial faith in a god.

We actually agree, Komnenos. My position is the same as yours.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 12:55

Originally posted by vulkan02

i am pro it... i dont believe our society can go anywhere unless all faiths springing from Judaism (islam and christianity) are eradicated.

I agree with you 100% the Abrahamic faiths are destructive and foolish.  I would never actually advocate someone destroy a Bible, but its loss to me would be no worse than if someone desicrated a copy of Johnny Tremain.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 13:43
I agree with both Vulkan and Tobodai also. I have no ill will towards christians, except the conservatives who wish to force their beliefs on others. But the only part of Christianity that is shown is what was good, and thats taken from the human conscience, we feel guilty when we see people being hurt, whether we do something or not is a different story. That usually comes from people who Unify to think and stand up to something together, and christianity did that, but without them we still have charities. Also the chrities don't force misionaries on a village that some christian organizations require for their help.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 14:01
I have to say I am very dissapointed that so many of you wish it to be desicrated.  Christianity has done nothing wrong.  It is people that do things wrong.  Whether you are Christian, Muslim, or atheist, people are going to do things wrong.  To say that it is all because of the Bible is ludacris!  (except for radical muslims who kill people for their "god")
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 14:25
There are still christians now and in the past that did and do horrible things. One thing I don't like about Christianity is they believe everyone should be apart of it. And its all in the name of their god.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 14:27

God is capitalized when speaking of the Christian God, thank you!

And now just because a PERSON who happened to be Christian did something wrong, all of Christianity is bad?  What sense is that?!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 14:30
Originally posted by Thegeneral

And now just because a PERSON who happened to be Christian did something wrong, all of Christianity is bad?  What sense is that?!

The same could be said about nazism, communism etc.

Plus if you say people who do bad things in name of christianity don't do that because they are christian, you should be consequent and also aknowledge that people who do good things in name of christianity, don't do that because they are christian either.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 14:46

(except for radical muslims who kill people for their "god")

So your saying its impossible for their to be christian radicals who kill in the name of their god? At one point of history christianity used to torture people for not being christian. Nowadays they help tribes as long as they allow missionaries to come in and teach them the bible and about the christian god, essentially giveing up apart of their culture.

The abraham religeons also seem to cause more wars then any religeon in history, or atleast more wars then any other. Either using it through misinterpretation or other means it still has caused alot of violence through history and continues to this day. While I don't hate the followers of it, except like I stated earlier I dislike the conservatives, I am not very fond of these three religeons in any shape or form. But thats my opinion, and only a opinion on how I feel.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 15:42

When has a Christian radical killed anyone by blowing themselves up like the Muslims?  The Abraham religion does not cause wars.  People cause wars who claim a war is for a religion.  Anyone who says a war is about religion is just stupid.  The Crusades were stupid and pointless and got nowhere.

And you can't say the same thing for the Nazis.  They were a group of people that were bad.  Same with the commies.  I don't see the connection.

I am just rather disgusted at people saying the Bible should be destroyed.

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 15:51
yes but the Christian religon and the Jewish religion has replaced the Indo-Aryan religions(in my opinion they were better because they glorified strength and intelligence) and stagnated humanity for 2 millenia.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 16:01
Originally posted by Thegeneral

When has a Christian radical killed anyone by blowing themselves up like the Muslims? 

No by blowing themselves up, but there are enough examples of Christian terrorists (KKK, IRA and their protestant opponents, the Resistance Army of the Lord, Central American death squads). It's true that christianity tends to be less fundamentalist than other religions these days, but that's mainly because most christians have embraced certain aspects of the Enlightenment (in other words, the moderation of christianity was caused by freethinkers, not christians).

The Abraham religion does not cause wars.  People cause wars who claim a war is for a religion.  Anyone who says a war is about religion is just stupid.  The Crusades were stupid and pointless and got nowhere.

Abrahamic religions d cause wars. Monotheistic religions tend to be very intolerant against other religions, because unlike polytheists monotheists exclude the existance of any other god. Of course the Crusades were stupid, but that doesn't make the statement that Abarhamic religions cause wars any less true.

And you can't say the same thing for the Nazis.  They were a group of people that were bad.  Same with the commies.  I don't see the connection.

Nazis and most commies were bad because they did bad things. The same is true when christians do bad things.

I am just rather disgusted at people saying the Bible should be destroyed.

here we agree.

Though I don't think desecrating holy books should become punishable by law, I strongly condemn it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>