Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your ideal form of Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What is you favorite or ideal from of Government?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [15.63%]
2 [6.25%]
3 [9.38%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
3 [9.38%]
3 [9.38%]
10 [31.25%]
3 [9.38%]
2 [6.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
jdb777 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jdb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your ideal form of Government
    Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 18:24

What is your ideal form of governemnt?? I had to abridge the list that i recieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_forms_of_government

If i had to choose one i would go for a constitutional Monarchy were the Monarch had the majority of the power...but the Monarch was elected(rather absurd huh) This would curb the problem of not enough control over the state (democracy,republic) and limit the power of the unctrolled authoritarianism. Likewise it would still provide the national pride in a idol like monarch

"It is well war is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it." Robert E. Lee
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 18:46
I always champion the system of government championed by Empidocles. Where he, the demagogue of Acragas, jumped into the crater of the volcano Mt Etna. Pity more world leaders don't follow his fine example.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 11:29
ANARCHY!!!!!
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 11:46

Originally posted by aknc

ANARCHY!!!!!

NOW!

Mord.

PS.  Actually I believe in existentialism, but tell anyone in the Government--it'll just confuse them.

errr...left turn at vinland?
Herodotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Herodotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 12:27

An imperial republic, maintained by voluntary military service, with the ideals of laizzes faire libertarianism would be perfection. I beleive Great Britain around the close of the 19th century, and the early to middle Roman republic reached as close to this ideal as mankind ever has.

"Dieu est un comdien jouant une assistance trop effraye de rire."
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Francois Marie Arouet, Voltaire

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 12:37
Some kind of dictatorship, but not a dictatorship which is corrupt and so poorly run by some evil maniac.
Herodotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Herodotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 13:44
That's very nice, so long as your'e the dictator.
"Dieu est un comdien jouant une assistance trop effraye de rire."
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Francois Marie Arouet, Voltaire

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 13:57
Of course!
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:01

Originally posted by Thegeneral

Some kind of dictatorship, but not a dictatorship which is corrupt and so poorly run by some evil maniac.

It wouldn't take long for you to go mad if you becoma a dictator 

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Lannes View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Lannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:39

I voted fascism.  The State ought to reign absolutely supreme.  Youth are taught discipline and loyalty to the State.  The economy is run by several corporations (which, ideally, run without state support).  There is, of course, a large standing army (I favor manditory military service.  A class system such as Sparta's, with a permanent military class and a permanent specialized worker class is an idea I like).

Sorry for the scattered thoughts

τρέφεται δέ, ὤ Σώκρατης, ψυχὴ τίνι;
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:40

I want to be appointed governor to one uninhabbited island (well that provides chances of agricultural development). Then I'll install a heavy visa regime and only allow merchants (the kind that trade food for seashells) to land on a special corner (2 meters wide, 2 meters long and infinitelly high) and not to cross the specified borders. I'll try to prevent espionage by getting rid of all the ambassadors around. Then I'll tighten the anti-rebellion security measures by leaving only one person on the island ... you guessed right that would be the governor.

At some point oil will be found on the island and I'd be forced to hide in caves because the US will be coming to bomb strategical points...

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall."
Confucius
jdb777 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote jdb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:45
Well i see the Anarchist are in no shortage around here...but i ask myself how can absolutely no government be real...even if a state were in anarchy from its founding eventually some hardcore anarchist would install a government its just the way of the world...just a thought
"It is well war is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it." Robert E. Lee
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:51
Originally posted by Lannes

I voted fascism.  The State ought to reign absolutely supreme.  Youth are taught discipline and loyalty to the State.  The economy is run by several corporations (which, ideally, run without state support).  There is, of course, a large standing army (I favor manditory military service.  A class system such as Sparta's, with a permanent military class and a permanent specialized worker class is an idea I like).

Sorry for the scattered thoughts

This is what I would see working best but I don't like classes and it wouldn't be so evil sounding.

aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 00:35

I

Edited by aakhonba
aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 00:38

I want to add a new form of government that is federalism.  I know it is just a party but I think that usa is a federalist form of government. Not democratic or republican those two are just a federalist protocol. What do you think Oguzoglu.

Edited by aakhonba
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 01:20
A federal republic?
Federal is more a government structure than an actual government, a whole variety of different forms of government can have a federal structure.
Arrrgh!!"
aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 15:08

what is the origin of federal any ways?

i am going to google it

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 16:12

benevolant dictatorship, that is, one completely selfless and for the people (impossible), but it would get things done quickly and in the best interest of its people.

Under such a dictatorship criticism would be welcome and there would be a free press and reasonable social freedom for the people.

mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 11:46

Absolute power --whether a dictator, monarch, or whatever-- corrupts absolutely.  Putting power into the hands of one person, ultimately creates a community that simply blames "the one in charge."  What happens to that community when the singular power that is becomes the singular power that was? 

The problem with government is that as an institution it will eventually oppress someone.  Armed with legal permission and legal weapons--the tools of authority--a government open a can "whoop ass" on somebody (or group of somebodies) simply because he/she/it/they/them have the audacity to be different.

Mord.

errr...left turn at vinland?
Lannes View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Lannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 12:04

Originally posted by mord

Absolute power --whether a dictator, monarch, or whatever-- corrupts absolutely.  Putting power into the hands of one person, ultimately creates a community that simply blames "the one in charge."  What happens to that community when the singular power that is becomes the singular power that was? 

People will blame problems on whatever is in charge, whether it be one man or a group of people (Parliament, Senate, etc.)  I don't see any government form that is particulary free of 'finger pointing'.

τρέφεται δέ, ὤ Σώκρατης, ψυχὴ τίνι;
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>