Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unity in the Islamic World

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unity in the Islamic World
    Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 15:22

Protected of Medine was Fahrettin Paa. He fight even after Ottomans lost the war and signed mondros agreement, IIRC he jailed a messenger comes from ottomans, because message was to surrender medina. He said, I will not surrender Medine without order of Caliph. He try to gain time with some games, and I think he went to tomb of prophet and said "how will I left you?"

If I am not wrong,he gave medine, because of starvation and Medine people wishes for surrender.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 15:29
Originally posted by Mortaza

Protected of Medine was Fahrettin Paa. He fight even after Ottomans lost the war and signed mondros agreement

So Sherief passed Medine and left it toward demascus and came back to Madine, or it was another Sherief force?

Anyhow, that is a beautiful story. Few men stand for the good of their people.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 15:48

Not good of their people, Their people(If you mean Turks) have no good at Medina(Specialy after lost of war),for Prophet body. I think they took holy artifact of Prophet, and sent them to Istanbul. Because he feared Brits would own them.

I have no idea what sherief did, Maybe he couldnt take medina, or maybe just passed it, but It looks like there were fighting before surrendering city. Maybe he sieged it, with brits. Because It looks like brits have some job at there too. He surrendered Medine after 3 month of mondros agreement.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 16:00

Well, Lawrence of Arabia was the advisor to the sherief but no British troops were with the sherrief till he reached Demascus. The reason is: 1- not to upset Arabs that non-Muslim troops are fighting Muslim Ottoman troops to take Madine. 2- To show the Sherief as a true hero with his native troops.

I meant by standing good for their people is him standing to protect Madine and then surrendering the city by the demand of the people to escape the starvation. Im not sure if Fahrettin Paa viewed his people only to be Turks, but I would assume he viewed himself as a protector of Medine and they are all his people too.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 16:09

Yes, that is true. After all He is not a young Turk. I missunderstood you, of course he viewed arabs as his people too. Medine arabs were also friend of him too. No Turk accuse them.

But I remember something related that Brits also tried to force him to surrender Medine.

By the way, one of most know ballad is also related with Yemen. Saying "to one who go Yemen, never returned. what is the reason?"

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 16:38

Originally posted by Mortaza

By the way, one of most know ballad is also related with Yemen. Saying "to one who go Yemen, never returned. what is the reason?"

Is this a Turkish saying? how do you say it in Turkish? We have an Arab saying that "Yemen is the grave of invaders". Due to the difficult terrain and high mountains of the inside of the Yemen, it became famous after many empires lost battles trying to conquer the hear of the Yemen. A legends says that Roman forces were badly defeated at the desert nearby Ma'reb. Portuguese were defeated on the shores, Shahar city, and the island of Socatra. Also, the Zaydians were ruling Yemen under the Ottoman rule, but a revolution errupted and Osmanli forces were evacuated and they didn't return till the agreement of Daan. Finally, the British occupied Aden and southern Yemen and a conflict errupted in 1934 where the British recognized the independace of Northern mountanious Yemen.  So, the legend came that Yemen is the grave of all invaders.

D.J. Kaufman
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 16:42

Ad yemendir= Its name is Yemen

Yolu Cemendir= The way is from grass

Giden gelmiyo= The one who goes, dont comes

Acep nedendir.= What is the reason?

Some thing like this.

Edited by Mortaza
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 18:45

Is this a famous traditional song? or just a saying? what is the difference between your version and this version? Eli yemendir, gl emendir! Giden gelmiyor, acep nedendir?! a different dialect maybe?

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 04:00

yes, It is famous traditional song, one of saddest .

And what you said is also same. It can be said by both way.how do you know this?

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 06:07

I think I heard it before but same as you, had no clue what does it mean

You know what I was listening to yesterday? Estergon kal'asi. I cannot break down the lyrics, do you have them?

Estergon kalesi bre dilber aman
Subasi ___?  aman
____? gnlm bre ____? aman
Bir sinsi firak?

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 11:35
Originally posted by ok ge

Is this a famous traditional song? or just a saying? what is the difference between your version and this version? Eli yemendir, gl emendir! Giden gelmiyor, acep nedendir?! a different dialect maybe?

This version is:

The land is Yemen

It's rose is grass

who goes never come back

what's the reason?

At that time the soldiers were sending the flowers they found at the land they fight back to their beloved ones. However in this song, the soldiers couldn't find any flowers in Yemen and they sent grass to home. 

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345