Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Upgrade New Software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Upgrade New Software
    Posted: 30-Apr-2018 at 12:48
We are changing hosts and switching to the brand new version of WebWiz software. This will take approx. 10 days, but we should be online for most of the time.

There was a trigger for all of this, but I'll wait until the change is finished to roast those responsible.Tongue

PM me for questions.

BTW- My Email is jctrees@Comcast.net, please use this instead of Yahoo.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 04:17

Hope the new software works out good for you/forum. But just want to say i'm a bit worried, i hope the new software will be alright for those of us who only have "slower" dialup and/or older windows versions. Some other sites like my online banking have changed to new formats which don't work with my setup. I am not able to change to broadband for various reasons, and i also not able to use the new windows 7/8/10 because when i tried them i had major problems with inbuilt features of them. Unfortunately i have lost use of a few web/net sites/services like yahoo groups because they don't work with dialup or older windows (or "old browser"). On yahoo i can't log in because capitcha will not load/show the image of the code. Since Historum unfairly banned me and refuse to give us another chance, and since simaqian studio history forum is long gone, and since there are no other good history (or other) forums around this is the only good history forum i have left. (I had to comment here/now just in case i loose forum access.)

p.s. i wouldn't post the email address with the at sign because spam bots crawl the web looking for at signs and you may get spam emails.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 04-May-2018 at 04:19
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 10:43
I understand your concerns, trust me I've been in the same boat, and in minor ways, still am.
2015 I was still using XP, and had to make the jump to 8. But a site I was on touted the advantages of W10 and I downloaded it, and still haven't recovered.
Web Wiz has assured me that the new version has compatibility features that can be adjusted.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2018 at 00:07
Godspeed!Thumbs Up
Na"De"Na"J=From Worshiping =Praising God-Compensation=Refund=Tax-Bank=Money=Cash=Coin originated-positioned-suited... Population=People-Mortality=Lethality-Action=Activity=Business=Trade=Culture(Ja)
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 01:48

I am being blocked from posting replies.
Also from viewing subforum.
By site lock. You lied?

NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 10:36
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

I am being blocked from posting replies.Also from viewing subforum.By site lock. You lied?

Yeah, sure, I lied.

No, sitelock is the scammer. Why don't you read the posts explaining all this before .....

never mind.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 11:03
I was at the bank yest. Sitelocks actions are prob. the result of the bank canceling the transaction.
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 15:59
I tried three times to post reply in Sumerian topic and it wouldn't post it went to a error page with name site-lock on the top right hand side. I also tried to view this sub-forum and it was similar block. (I tried a forth time after reply here posted and the Sumerian one did then post.) I thought you said here site-lock were the people who claimed hacked and trying to extort 1000 yet the blocking appeared to be by site-lock hence i thought you had lied especially since i can't  help being abit paranoid after alot of troubles online and also in real life the last few years (plus the fluoridated water  forced  on me every meal (and i have to eat alot of grains so effected alot worse than most others) also effecting me badly.))
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2018 at 19:23
They cannot block you, all they can do is warn.

Hang in there, in a few days we'll be on a brand new system

Edited by red clay - 11-May-2018 at 19:30
Unknown.
rawand View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote rawand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2019 at 02:00
Great to see the new upgrade version.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2019 at 16:45
Originally posted by rawand

Great to see the new upgrade version.

Not yet, soon though, now that I'll have more attention.
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply